Broken • Choi Yeonjun

By leeatiny

Something that's broken is severely damaged - it's either split into pieces or doesn't work anymore. Many peo... More

Like you
Coffee
Loud
Cheerfully
Headache
Child
Not me
Elbows
Family
Weak
Cry
Nerves
Water
Iced Coffee
Ants
Tick
Belt
Split
Food
Drop
Human
Pillow
Helpful
Word
Job
Do
Taunt
Memory
Fault
Handle
Plan
Cooties
Wiped
Two kids
Icing
Slap
Invite
Dog
'Girl'
Run
Nap
Ice cream
Stupid
Guest
Awkward
I don't know
Grammaire
Blurt
Pride
Floor
Eggs
One
Buer
Where?
How?
What?
Filler
Tar
Ditto
Breakfast
Kisses?
Wasted
Back
Can't
Nose
Store
Confront
Admitting
Fight
Kidnap
Again?
Off
New
Home
Heavy
Secret
Blow
Peas
Pull
Training Pt 1
Training Pt 2
Pizza
Problem
Thick
Chances
Search
Judecca
Helpful Demon
Natural
Bed
Thoughts
Information
Wise?
Off
Tamper
Wrong
Now?
Think
Chills
Table
Change of Plans
Relish in it!
Epilogue
Cover photo for sequel

No other Way

587 32 83
By leeatiny

Yeonjun watched in shock as Evelyn stood up. The snakes that were coming from her back was something he had never seen before. In all his years fighting demons, never had he seen something like this.

The snakes looked like giant king cobras. Their necks were flared out as they went after demons. Every single time they bit into one, you could hear the sound of the demon's bones cracking from the force of the blow.

What threw Yeonjun off was the look on Evelyn's face as she turned to face him. She was enjoying it. A twisted smile rested on her lips as she watched the demons fall.

Yeonjun had stopped fighting, he and the demons around him were shocked by the sight of her. Even Andromalis didn't make a move to stop the killing of his men.

Soren took the chance to go after her, realizing it was a mistake far too late as one of the snakes sunk its teeth into his shoulder.

He let out a scream of pain as the snake drug him to Evelyn.

Evelyn reached a clawed hand up and gripped his neck, drawing his ink-colored blood. Then a second later, she tore his neck apart.

The snake let Soren's body go, allowing him to fall limp on the ground. His eyes were wide open as he lay there unmoving.

Yeonjun's eyes shifted from her to Andromlius who finally made a move toward her.

In his hand was a dagger, one made out of bone. What kind of bone Yeonjun could not tell from the other side of the room.

"Evelyn!" Yeonjun called out, but it was too late. Andromalius still had his powers, the knife was in her back before Yeonjun could finish calling her name.

Evelyn let out a gasp as her body went stiff. The snakes that had been in a killing frenzy seized up for a second before turning into ash.

Andromlius sent a kick to Evelyn's back, sending her face-first across the floor.

~~

I take a few shaky breaths as my body comes to a stop a few feet away from Yeonjun.

I lift my head and meet his worried gaze. I had no idea how I ended up here, It was just a blur of demons dying and the need to kill them all.

I felt someone push something further into my back. A scream left my throat as my black-stained nails clawed at the floor.

"Stop this!" Yeonjun yelled as he broke the neck of one of the demons holding him. The other, he swiftly tore its throat out with his claws

Evelyn tried her best to call Rerek back into her mind, but nothing happened.

"He's locked away while that dagger is in you." Andromalius spat out as he placed a foot on my lower back, keeping me down. "This mess is over, give it up now."

Yeonjun may be stronger in his natural form, but he wouldn't be able to use any of his powers. And, he was poorly outnumbered as more demon minions of Andromalius piled into the throne room, all of them coming for him.

"Just let him go, I won't fight you." Not like I could fight him, I was a dying mortal. He was a demon lord in his own domain. Rerek was locked away once more, I couldn't even move now.

Andromalius' eyes shift to Yeonjun as a demon managed to land a blow to his jaw, knocking him off balance enough for others to jump him.

I cringed as he was swallowed under the mass of deformed creatures. "Please, don't hurt him."

"I won't kill him. Dumah would have my head." Andromalius sighed as if the thought of that was a little troublesome to him.

Yeonjun was dragged to the front of the demons now that they had his wings and legs secured as well.

~

Evelyn kept her eyes on Yeonjun as the demons sat him down on his knees. The sight of him weighed down by chains made her throat burn. He had been fighting so hard for her.

Andromalius stepped in front of Evelyn, breaking their staring at one another off.

Evelyn brought her eyes up to meet the demon's silver ones, the red that was mixed in was even more prominent than earlier.

Evelyn let the tears come to her eyes, she knew there was no way out of this. She would just accept it, what else is there for her to do? She had fought and killed many of his demons, even one of his sons. Andromalius was not going to let this go.

She had to do something to keep Yeonjun from throwing himself into a rage and ending up like her. There had to be something to save him from her death making him snap.

The knife in her back was forgotten as she knew what she had to do, it was the only way she could see to make sure this ended as well as it could.

"Promise me one thing, and I will not fight in any way." She kept her voice low, not wanting Yeonjun to hear her. This was all she could think of to make sure this didn't end in Yeonjun going after Andromalius and dying as well.

"What is that?" Andromalius would hear her out, and see what else she had to say.

"Take his memories of this." She knew he was able to take away memories from weaker beings. "If you can, make him forget I was ever around and tell the others to not say anything... take their memories if you have to." Her heart squeezed as she was pulled onto her knees by a demon. What was she doing? Why was she doing this? It broke her to know Yeonjun would not remember her. She wouldn't even be a memory, she would be forgotten.

"Don't you dare, Evelyn!" He had heard her anyways. She had thought that with none of his powers working here, that meant his enhanced hearing wasn't working as well, but she was wrong. "You can not, and will not take the memory of you away from me!"

Yeonjun was pissed she would even ask that, how could she request for them all to forget about her?

"Do it, please." She begged Andromalius. "If you do it now, he won't fight you."

Andromalius turned to look at the fallen angel, the thought of taking his memories never crossed his mind.

"Andromalius," Yeonjun warned as the demon watched him, thinking it over.

"It's for the best. You would ruin your life over me, I'm not worth that. My soul is about to be torn apart, there is no going back after that." Evelyn knew he would throw himself into a rage. He had told her once, he would go through heaven, hell, and earth to find her soul if he had to, cutting anyone down that stood in his way. She couldn't risk it.

Adrmalius turned back to the girl. "Are you sure about this?" He was pissed over what the girl had to done to his demons. Even though he was a demon, he really did know how their bond was, but his greed for more power was much stronger than his sympathy for them.

What people didn't know was that you died twice. First when you leave this earth, and the second when your name is said or thought of for the last time.

Evelyn was about to fully and completely die her.

Her soul was going to be torn, her body would be nothing but a shell, and Yeonjun would not remember her at all.

"Yes."

"No!" Yenojun started to struggle once again. Even though he couldn't move any of his limps he managed to throw himself sides ways, knocking the demon of his left down.

Andromlius took a few big strides over to Yeonjun, pulling him to his feet. "Enough!"

"Wait!" The demon turned to face her, thinking she was changing her mind already. "Can I say goodbye?"

Andromalius nodded his head to the demons holding her, letting them drag her over.

Once they were face to face, Adromalius Pulled Yeonjun around to face her.

"You don't get to do this, you can't decide to take my memories of you away from me." For the first time in hundreds of years, Yeonjun shed a tear. A tear. The tear was the color of ink. It spilled out from the corner of his eye, staining his pale cheek as if made its trail to his chin. "Don't you dare take every bit of you away from me."

Evelyn shook her head with a bitter smile on her lips. "Then tell me, would you let me go willingly? Would you let your memories of me fade over time? Would you mourn me and then move on with your life?"

"Never," He spat out. "I told you before what I would do to keep you with me. It wasn't a lie or words that I said in the moment, I meant them with every bit of my broken soul."

One thing to know about Yeonjun. His hate for something or someone was fierce... but, his love for something or someone was even more fierce. He was an angel at one point in his long life, and angels loved with their whole beings, once they found someone they love they would never let them go, angels only fell in love once during their endless lives... and old habits died very hard.

"I'm sorry, Yeonjun... we both know this would never end well if you kept your memories of me." She leaned forward, placing their foreheads together. "I hope, maybe somehow, you can forgive me in another world. That you could understand, I'm doing this because I care for you, and I only want you to be able to keep living. I can't live, so I need to die knowing you can. Even though I'll die knowing you hate me for this, I can deal with that."

In all his years, in all his different lives, never had Yeonjun felt this pain. In his death as a human. In his fall from heaven as his peace was torn from him, as his wings were stained red with his own blood as his soul was beat and battered as he tumbled through earth and hell. In his years of clawing his way back to the surface. His years fighting demons in the human world... Had he ever felt pain like this.

Never did he think love could hurt like this. Never had he thought he would let someone so close to his soul. Never did he think his soul could be broken more than it already was.

He felt as if his soul was the one being torn apart. Ripped from his very being, and shredded into nothing more than dust.

"I would never hate you." He whispered to her, he could never bring himself to hate her. She was ripping him apart yet, he still loved her with every inch of his heart, body, and tattered soul.

He brought his lips up and kissed her lightly on the forehead.

"This isn't the end of us." And those words, he meant with every bit of him as well. He knew she would come back to him, one way or another. He would not let it end like this.

Evelyn kept her eyes on him as she was pulled away. His eyes never left hers as Andromalius came around to stand in front of him again.

The amount of raw unfiltered sorrow and pain she saw in his eyes was enough to make her feel as if her heart had stopped beating. The pain she saw in his eyes as they returned to normal, made her wish things were different, it made her want to beg the universe for things to be different. It made her wish she had never came back to life after Yeonjun killed those demons what felt like so long ago.

Out of all the looks he had given her since they met, this one would haunt her even after she was gone.

She had made a man that had locked his heart away for lifetimes, bare it to her. Only for her to rip it apart.

Her heart cracked, bit by bit as she watched Andromalius placing his hands on Yeonjun's temples. His face softened as the memories of her faded from his mind. Slowly all the pain he was feeling, was being washed away.

A broken smile pulled at her lips as she realized how stupid she really was. Yeonjun had always been right when he would tell her she was weak.

She was weak.

She was helpless.

She was useless.

The world had done nothing but tear her loved ones away from her, and it was taking another, and she was doing nothing about it.

She made another person suffer because she was so weak.

If only she had been selfish that night and left that woman alone, none of this would be happening.

But, she was being selfish now. Taking away his memories of her, but keeping the ones of him clutched to her heart with everything she had.

She forced him to let her go. Even though, she would never let him go. She would keep him with her even after she was nothing more than a torn scattered soul.

As Yeonjun slumped to the floor, his face was relaxed. His pain was gone, locked away.

Evelyn closed her eyes, burning the sight of his peaceful face into her mind. Trying to force herself to believe this really was the only way for this to end. He would be okay, not knowing about her, not knowing about them.

This was the only way for them to end... A young star that blinked to life, flickering, pushing, and fighting. In the end, the young star just didn't have the strength to keep shining against the weight of the darkness. It flashed and fell. It was swallowed up into the vast unknown of space and time as if it was never there.

But, no matter the brightness of the star, or the span of its lifetime, there was always someone who would mourn its death. Someone to always look up into the never ending sky searching for it, hoping one day, they may see it shine again. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.6K 732 29
Tomorrow x Togethers reactions for our boys! Please feel free to send any requests or recommendations!! Please make sure to follow me on tumblr @ ith...
105K 6.3K 42
"Are you sure about this?" "Just shut up and do it already." "You know the price you have to pay right?" "Yes." Beomgyu only realised he needed Taeh...
15.5K 617 25
|| Yeonjun x Taehyun & Beomgyu || STATUS : SLOW UPDATES... ⚠️ Warnings ⚠️ : Drinking, Abuse, Smoking, Mature Themes, Love triangle, Angst, Underage S...
5.2K 296 16
"Do you believe in fairytales?" - C.YJ. "Not really." - C.BG. "Want me to change your mind?" - C.YJ. When Beomgyu happens to make new friends in his...