EMRYSA

By Hanonymous13

Ciara's life changes completely when she participates in a contest held by Baltimore, the infamous king of As... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Epilogue

Chapter Two

2 1 0
By Hanonymous13

The following morning, Mrs. Hampton called the children to the breakfast table. Ciara assisted Hunith in setting up the table, arranging plates and utensils.

"Boys, would you like to accompany me to the castle today?" Gaius asked, directing his question to the Ickies.

"Yes!" the Ickies replied unison. Ciara glanced at Dicky, her curiosity piqued.

"I told him about Emma's cousin," Micky said to Ciara. "But it's not just Emma's cousin, you know. I'm after all the ladies in Askia. Age doesn't matter. You catch my drift?" Dicky grinned, trying to impress Morgana.

Morgana smiled as she ran her hand through his hair, "You're cute, stop before I make you eat your own hair."

Suddenly, loud stomping noises echoed from the staircase, capturing everyone's attention. Gaius furrowed his brow and inquired, "What's that noise?" Ciara had a hunch about its source. It was the afac, which had now grown significantly larger. The sight of it made everyone stand up in surprise.

"Is that an afac?" Gaius questioned, astonished by the creature's presence.

"Apparently so," Mordecai replied. "I thought the king had captured every single afac alive," Morgana added, expressing her confusion.

Ciara took charge and commanded the afac, "Stompy! Bad Stompy! Shrink down now." The afac whimpered and obediently shrank to the size of Ciara's shoe. She gently picked it up. "Good boy," Ciara praised, cradling the tiny afac in her hands.

"Why do you have it with you?" Morgana asked, her curiosity getting the better of her. Ciara replied, "It was injured when I found it. Why did Baltimore capture the afacs?" she inquired, seeking answers from Gaius.

"I found it injured. I couldn't leave it behind. But why did Baltimore capture the afacs in the first place?" Ciara inquired. Gaius chimed in, "No one knows."

"Finish your breakfast," Hunith urged, serving them more soup. "I can't, the forge won't open itself," Mordecai said, rushing. "Make sure to attend the contest and show Ciara your support," Hunith reminded him. "Will do," Mordecai replied, making his way toward the door.

"Ciara, come with me, and you can bring the afac too," Gaius instructed. "We don't want it wandering around on its own." They halted in front of Gaius' room.

"Myway orkshopway," Gaius chanted and rapped on the door three times.

"Did you just cast a spell?" Ciara asked, taken aback. Gaius stepped into the room, which had transformed into his workshop. "Come in and close the door behind you," he beckoned.

Ciara entered, her eyes widening at the sight before her. Several shelves adorned the stone walls, displaying ingredients, bottles emitting wisps of smoke, a cauldron nestled in the corner, and a bookshelf filled with what she presumed were magic-related books.

"Touch nothing," Gaius warned firmly. Ciara halted her attempt to open a large, ancient-looking book on the central table in the workshop. "I thought magic and all its practices were banned in Askia, punishable by death," she voiced her surprise.

"It is. Now, no more questions." said Gaius. "How much do you know about the Tale of the Two Brothers?"

"The Nicholas and Baltimore story? My father used to tell it to me every night before bed when I was younger," Ciara replied. "People always said it was just a fictional tale, made up."

"The story is real, very real. I was there when it happened," Gaius revealed, his voice tinged with a sense of nostalgia. He took a seat and motioned for Ciara to join him, inviting her into the extraordinary secrets of Askia's past.

"It happened before magic was banned in this kingdom," Gaius began, his voice carrying a weight of history. "It was on Baltimore's coronation day. As he was being crowned king, an old wizard suddenly appeared out of thin air. The wizard confronted Baltimore with chilling words: 'I know what you did in the Forest of Nimueh, you evil and greedy man.'"

"Baltimore, enraged by the accusation, ordered his guards to seize the wizard. But before they could even react, the wizard unleashed a powerful blast from the tip of his staff, sending the guards flying. A girl will be born on the thirteenth day of the third month of your second reign, the old man proclaimed. She will be of Askian birth. She will be your doom and reduce you to nothing but ashes. With a poof of smoke, the wizard vanished, leaving behind only his laughter."

"Thirteenth day of the third month? That's Aries 13th," Ciara interjected.

Gaius nodded, affirming her observation, and continued his account. "After being crowned king, Baltimore ordered his guards to closely monitor all pregnant women with the likelihood of giving birth that year. Eventually, a farmer's wife did give birth to a girl, just as the wizard had predicted."

"This part only Baltimore and I know," Gaius confided, his voice tinged with sorrow. "He forcefully took the child from her parents and burned their house down. The poor child's parents perished in that fire. Baltimore chose to raise the girl. Can you guess why?"

"To prove his invincibility and power, and to satisfy his ego," Ciara replied, her voice filled with a mix of understanding and disgust.

"Correct," Gaius confirmed, appreciating Ciara's insight. "Unbeknownst to him, however, two female children were born on that fateful day, both of Askian birth. The second was Princess Sage, and the first was you."

Ciara tightened her grip on Stompy, her mind racing with the weight of the revelations. "How old are you?" Gaius inquired, his tone holding a purpose.

"Nineteen," Ciara answered, her voice steady but curiosity building within her.

"It's almost time," Gaius mused to himself, a hint of anticipation in his words. "During your stay here, it is crucial that you keep your distance from the Askian royal family. Do not divulge your birthdate to anyone," he warned her, his tone filled with concern.

"Okay," Ciara replied, her mind buzzing with questions. Why was Gaius sharing all this information with her? What was the impending event he mentioned? And most importantly, how did her father and Gaius know each other?

The next morning, as the sun began to rise, the contestants gathered in the newly constructed contest arena, which was teeming with thousands of spectators from various kingdoms and backgrounds. The anticipation in the air was palpable; this contest was the first of its kind.

Silence fell over the arena as King Baltimore rose from his seat and approached the podium. With his imposing stature, bald head, and raspy voice, his presence commanded attention. "Welcome, one and all, to the grandest contest of the year. We, the people of Askia, are honored to host participants from other kingdoms," he declared, prompting the crowd to erupt in applause.

Among the crowd, Morgana, Prudy, Mordecai, and the Ickies managed to find seats and listened attentively to Baltimore's words. Meanwhile, Ciara observed Baltimore from the contestants' area, her nerves and curiosity intertwining, Gaius's words echoed in her mind.

Continuing his address, Baltimore announced the arrival of King Johnwick of Chamelor and his sons-Prince Arcwick, Prince Warwick, and Prince Fizzwick. King Johnwick, an average-heighted blonde man with silver streaks, and a musketeer beard, entered with his sons, the two princes looking almost identical, save for their different hairstyles. Prince Fizzwick, about the same age as the Ickies, completed the royal entourage, all of them sporting mesmerizing blue eyes.

Morgana whispered to Prudy, "I thought I heard his name somewhere. The guy Ciara met, thats him, Prince Arcwick." Prudy gasped, unable to contain her astonishment. "Ciara has managed to snag herself a prince!"

The Chamelor royal family acknowledged the crowd's adoration and took their seats, ready to witness the contest unfold.

"The contest will last for five rounds; each round will be more difficult than the last. For the first round, the two hundred contestants will have to fight, tame or kill an afac." Baltimore continued. "Or at least get injured trying." He added in a way he thought was humorous.

"So that's why he captured the afacs! To use them for the contest," Prudy exclaimed, sharing her thoughts with the others. "Let's hope your sister brought her little pet." Morgana added.

Emphasizing the strict regulations, Baltimore reminded everyone that there would be no deaths, weapons were prohibited, and the use of magic was strictly forbidden in his kingdom. With his final words, he authorized the contestants to begin the competition and took his seat, prepared to watch the spectacle unfold.

The first round proved to be grueling, with many contestants failing to tame the afacs and ending up injured instead. As the number of failures accumulated, the first hundred contestants were eliminated from the competition. Only a select few, including Contestants 110, 121, 129, 134, and 140, managed to advance to the next round.

Finally, it was Ciara's turn. The announcer called out, "Contestant one hundred and fifty, step forward!" Nervously, Ciara left the safety of the contestants' area and confronted the afac, their gazes locking onto each other-or at least what she believed to be the afac's eyes.

Sensing movement in her pouch, Ciara whispered, "Stompy, stop. What are you doing?" To her surprise, the afac responded, "I can sense my ma here." Ciara engaged in a fierce struggle with the adult afac.

Breathless and bewildered, she whispered, "Your ma? The afac thats trying to kill me is your mother?"

"Yes. Afacs can communicate with their minds." said Stompy. "Well, can you use your mind magic to tell her to stop trying to bite my face off?" urged Ciara as the afac pinned her to the ground.

Morgana, growing increasingly frustrated, questioned the unfolding scene. "What is she doing? Use the afac!" Mordecai, more composed, reassured her, "She knows what she's doing."

Suddenly, to the astonishment of the crowd, the adult afac released Ciara from its grip. The baby afac leaped from Ciara's pouch and reunited with its mother, prompting gasps of awe. The adult afac wrapped its arms around her Ciara, drenching her in the process. Taking it as a gesture of gratitude for saving her cub, Ciara accepted the soaking hug with a grateful smile.

King Johnwick taunted Baltimore, "That was a marvelous performance, almost magical." The crowd buzzed with excitement and murmurs of admiration.

In a toneless voice, Baltimore approached Ciara, his words tinged with a hint of menace. "Young lady, you do know that magic is punishable by death?" he questioned, attempting to assert his authority.

Undeterred, Ciara faced him with unflinching resolve. "Yes, your majesty, but I assure you, I did not use magic," she confidently declared, her voice and expression devoid of fear.

"Then you cheated." Baltimore intimidated.

"Everyone witnessed what happened here. I assure you that I did not cheat. There was no information on what happens in the contest on the posters." said Ciara boldly. "I am not from this kingdom. That is, if you think I got inside information. I happened to find the afac on my journey here." she added.

Baltimore signaled the guards to remove the afacs from the arena. Ciara watched as they were escorted away, giving Stompy a signal in the process.

"Very well then, you may proceed. Continue with the contest," Baltimore ordered, his authority intact. The remaining contestants failed, often leaving the arena missing a body part. Out of the initial two hundred contestants, only seven remained, now set to form teams for the next round.

Concluding his speech, Baltimore addressed the victorious contestants, "Tomorrow, the seven of you who have advanced must form teams of no more than six members each. Return prepared for the second round."

With those words, Baltimore departed, accompanied by King Johnwick, leaving behind a mix of anticipation and determination among the remaining contestants.

Prince Warwick and Prince Fizzwick pulled their brother to the side, their faces filled with excitement. "We found her," Warwick exclaimed. Arc looked at his brothers in disbelief. "You actually found her goblingram?" he asked, curious and amazed.

"Don't doubt our skills, pay up," Fizzwick said confidently. Arc handed him a pouch filled with gold coins. "Sweet," Fizzwick exclaimed, jiggling the pouch in his hand.

Warwick, not interested in the payment, had a different request. "You don't need to pay me, just set me up with her friend," he proposed, hoping for a favor in return. He handed Arc his magi-slate, and Arc scrolled through the portraits she had posted. He looked up at Warwick with a nod. "Deal," Arc agreed.

Ciara's magi-slate glowed as she placed it on Morgana's bed. A goblingram request? She wondered who it could be from. Moments later, her magi-slate lit up again with a message that read, "Hi, this is Arc."

"Hello, Arc. Or should I say Prince Arcwick," Ciara messaged back, a hint of playfulness in her response.

"Haha, I guess I would have had to tell you later anyway," Arc replied, acknowledging the reveal of his royal identity.

Arc messaged Ciara from the comfort of his room. He laid on his bed, pondering on how to propose a courting relationship. He went through several iterations of writing and erasing before finally settling on a message he was satisfied with. He hit send and anxiously awaited her response.

"So... Are you busy later today? I was wondering, can we meet?" he sent. Ciara replied promptly, "Sure, why not."

Arc sat up abruptly, his eyes and nose crinkling with excitement. "I'll text you the address," he messaged back. "Cool," Ciara responded before her icon disappeared, indicating that she was no longer online.

Prudy startled Ciara, breaking her concentration. "Was that Prince Arcwick?" Prudy asked with a mischievous grin.

"Gosh, Prudy, don't sneak up on me like that. I almost elbowed you, and then you wouldn't be able to have children," Ciara said as she hurriedly hid her magi-slate.

Prudy persisted, nudging Ciara. "That doesn't answer my question. Was that Prince Arcwick you were chatting with, hmm?" she grinned.

Ciara lowered her head. "Yes," she answered.

Prudy erupted in celebration, dancing and chanting, "My best friend nabbed a prince!"

"What did he say?" Prudy asked, unable to contain her curiosity and excitement.

"He wants to meet me. What does that mean?" Ciara asked nervously.

Morgana, engrossed in her magi-slate as usual, chimed in without looking away. "It means he liked what he saw and wants to see if you are more than just a pretty face," she inquired, adding her perspective to the conversation.

"Prudy, I need you to come with me," she urged, hoping for her friend's support. "No, there are things that you need to do by yourself," Prudy refused.

Ciara continued to persuade, adopting a cute and endearing demeanor. "I want you to come. You have more experience than me, and you can guide me," she pleaded, hoping to change Prudy's mind.

Morgana finally looked up from her magi-slate, giving Ciara her attention. "I will go with you," she offered. "I've had my fair share of suitors. If my father didn't scare them off, Mordecai did. And if Mordecai didn't, I did. I am experienced in these matters."

Prudy and Ciara exchanged puzzled glances. "Okay, I will go." Prudy said. Ciara nodded.

The contest fair was bustling with activity. Numerous carts lined the streets, selling a variety of items, including snacks, drinks, clothes, jewelry, and more.

Ciara spotted Arcwick in the distance, wearing different clothes from the ones he wore during the competition, and no longer donning his crown. With a mix of anticipation and nervousness, Ciara approached him.

Meanwhile, Prudy hid behind a vegetable cart, her eyes widening as she caught sight of the man standing beside her. She recognized him as Prince Warwick.

"Good evening," he greeted her with a warm smile. Prudy was a bit flustered but she quickly regained her countenance. "Evening. Might I ask the reason why you are crouched behind this cart, your highness?" she inquired.

"I will tell you my reason if you tell me yours," Warwick proposed, engaging in a playful exchange. Prudy agreed, saying, "Okay,"

The two of them peeked over the cart to observe the interaction between Ciara and Arc.

"I asked to meet here because I thought you would be more comfortable," Arc explained, his voice filled with sincerity. Ciara smiled, feeling at ease in his presence. "I am," she admitted, her eyes darting away from his gaze.

Their magi-slates buzzed, and both Arc and Ciara checked their messages. Arc had received a message from Warwick, which read, "Offer to buy her something to eat, then subtly ask her.

"Got it." Arc messaged back.

Ciara, on the other hand, checked Prudy's message, which provided tips on how to act. "Smile more, but not too much that it's creepy. Every now and then, play with your hair. It's curly, but curl it some more," the message suggested. Ciara took note of the advice, preparing herself for the encounter.

Curious about their exchange, Warwick asked Prudy, "What did you send Ciara?" Prudy, not missing a beat, responded with a question of her own. "What did you send Prince Arcwick?"

Warwick stared at her for a moment, contemplating his response. "What's your name, fair maiden?" he finally asked. "Prudence," she answered. Warwick smiled warmly, saying, "Prudence, call me Warwick. I feel a connection between us. Would you like to court me?"

Prudy rejected his proposal. "I know you are a prince and all, but no," she said firmly. "May I ask why?" he inquired.

"I do not think you are my type," Prudy answered, revealing her lack of interest.

"How about you give me a chance? Like a trial period. I will prove to you that I am indeed your type," he proposed, hoping to change her mind. "Fine, it's not that deep. Can I go back to helping my friend now?" Prudy, not seeing any harm in it, agreed, saying.

Curiosity got the better of Ciara, and she finally asked, "Why did you want to meet me?"

Arc took a deep breath, gathering his courage before speaking. "I want to pick your brain," he blurted out, his words coming out faster than he intended. Seeing her confusion, he quickly corrected himself. "I mean, I want to ask you something," he clarified, hoping to ease the tension.

Ciara relaxed her furrowed eyebrows, awaiting his question. "I would like to... join your team." Arc finally revealed his intention, revealing his desire to be a part of Ciara's team.

Surprised by his request, Ciara questioned his decision. "Oh, erm, may I ask why? I mean, why my team? There are six others. Wouldn't you want the hefty Burnscar or Lisbeth of Awntrue?" she inquired, genuinely curious about his motivations.

Arc, however, had made up his mind. "I want to join yours," he stated firmly, expressing his preference. Ciara pressed further, asking, "What can you add?"

Confident in his abilities, Arc showcased his skills. "I am a skilled fighter. I use both a sword and a bow," he demonstrated, hoping to impress Ciara.

Satisfied with his response, Ciara extended her hand for a handshake. "Okay, you're in. Welcome to Team Ciara. I'm still working on the name," she said, sealing his inclusion in her team.

As Ciara's magi-slate buzzed with a reminder of a cooking competition at the castle, she remembered that Micky would be participating.

"I have to go now. Something came up," Ciara informed Arc. "Where? I can give you a lift." Arc, wanting to be of assistance, offered. He whistled, and a black horse with a purple mane galloped toward them.

"Where do you think they are going? Should we follow them?" he asked, seeking information. Prudy checked the time on her magi-slate, "I think I know where they're going. Her brother has a competition, and they're headed for the castle," she replied.

Taking the lead, Warwick guided Prudy toward a light yellow horse with a light pink mane. "This is Flutter. We'll catch up to them on her," he explained.

"Micky?! Micky?!" Ciara's eyes darted through the crowded castle entrance in search of her brother. Finally, she spotted him and he beckoned her over. With relief, they caught up with each other.

"Hey, I know you. You're one of Fizzwick's brothers," Micky exclaimed upon recognizing Arc.

Arc, wearing a smile, approached Micky. "Hello, you must be Micky," he greeted. "I look forward to tasting your dishes, Chef Micky. I am one of the judges."

Warwick and Prudy met up with them. "Fizz, what are you doing here?" Warwick inquired.

"I'm Micky's junior chef. I'm helping him." Fizzwick proudly announced. You? Warwick scoffed in disbelief.

"Yes. Me," Fizzwick asserted and pulled Warwick aside. "You guys go ahead, we'll catch up in a minute," he said to the rest of the group.

"What was that for?" Fizzwick demanded. Warwick feigned ignorance. "What was what?"

"You were trying to make Micky think I have an ulterior motive for helping him," Fizzwick complained. "Don't you?" Arc asked Fizzwick, raising an eyebrow.

Fizzwick sighed. "Micky is a great cook. My intuition tells me that he will emerge victorious," He explained. That doesnt answer the question. Arc remained unconvinced.

Fizzwick relented. "Fine. I'm in it for his food," he admitted. He handed each of them a sausage roll. They took a bite, their faces lighting up with delight. "This is good," Warwick acknowledged, impressed. "I believe you now," Arc added, satisfied.

Warwick reminded Fizzwick, "You better share what you get with us," before they all proceeded into the castle.

The castle hall buzzed with excitement as people gathered to witness the culinary competition. At the judges' table sat Baltimore, Johnwick, Arcwick, Warwick, and Princess Sage. With her flowing straight black hair and brown eyes, Sage bore no resemblance to her dark-skinned, bald father. Ciara noticed her facial expressions and concluded that she must be an irritating person.

As the competition progressed, the aroma of various dishes filled the hall. Finally, all the dishes were prepared and served. The judges savored each dish, engaging in a brief discussion before selecting the winner. Arc rose to his feet, ready to announce the judges' decisions.

"The winning dish is... the pomegranate-sumac chicken with roasted carrots," Arc declared. The crowd erupted in applause, and Ciara, Prudy, the Ickies, and Fizzwick erupted in jubilation. "Well done," Morgana congratulated Micky.

Arc invited the chef responsible for the winning dish to come forward. The crowd murmured in surprise, not expecting the victor to be such a young boy. Arc sat back down, a proud smile on his face as he clapped for Micky, who climbed up onto the stage.

"As the winner of the competition," Arc began, his voice resonating through the hall, "you will have complete access to the castle kitchen and the opportunity to learn from Chef Tom. Additionally, you will receive a bonus of five hundred gold coins."

"Thank you, your majesty," Micky said nervously, accepting his prize money. "Serve me more of your dish, young man," Johnwick requested enthusiastically.

Micky collected his prize money, feeling a mix of nervousness and excitement, and then returned to his friends and family, who greeted him with cheers and warm embraces.

One of the castle guards leaned in and whispered something to Baltimore, catching his attention. Sensing Baltimores uneasiness, Johnwick inquired, "Is something wrong, Baltimore?"

Baltimore swiftly issued an order, "Guards, escort King Johnwick, his sons, and the princess to their quarters."

"What is wrong, Daddy?" Sage, confused, asked her father. Baltimore, in a cold tone, replied, "Nothing you need to concern yourself with."

Suddenly, a voice from the crowd shouted, "The afacs have escaped!" The hall erupted into chaos as panic spread. People scrambled, attempting to save themselves. Ciara, Prudy, Arcwick, and Warwick exchanged knowing glances, as they recalled their actions.

"Are you sure about your plan, C?" Prudy asked.

"Of course, it's simple. The afacs are mostly water and clay, so they just need to turn into mud," Ciara explained confidently.

"Then they can flow out of the dungeon. Okay, I'm in," Arcwick agreed. "I'm in too, but how will we get to them?" Warwick asked, curious.

"You just need to handle the dungeon guards. Leave that to Ciara and me," Prudy assured him.

"Okay, let's go," Ciara affirmed, determined to release the creatures.

In the dungeon. Baltimore paced anxiously in the dungeon, frustration evident on his face. "How did more than fifty afacs escape without any of you nimrods spotting them?!" he bellowed, his anger palpable. He demanded to know which guards were on duty.

Two guards stepped forward, avoiding Baltimore's intense stare. In a shaky voice, one of them explained, "We were patrolling in the evening as usual when something hit both of us and knocked us out. By the time we regained consciousness, they were all gone."

Baltimore took a deep breath, trying to control his anger. "Did you find anything unusual?" he asked, rubbing his temples.

"Yes, the floor was wet and covered in mud," the other guard quickly responded.

"Seize them! Give them a hundred lashes and strip them of their posts," Baltimore commanded, his forehead creased with frustration. The guards pleaded for mercy as they were forcibly taken away.

Meanwhile, Ciara, Prudy, Morgana, and the Ickies arrived safely at the Hamptons' home. Hunith and Micky prepared dinner while the group settled down; they remade Mickys prize-winning dish.

Micky eagerly narrated his experience as they ate dinner, "I was nervous at first, but when I saw the available ingredients, this dish was the first that popped into my head."

"This is delicious." Mordecai praised. Micky responded with a hint of pride, "I know."

Noticing a sweet scent, Dicky curiously sniffed the air around Ciara and asked, "Why do you smell like cotton candy?"

"Oh, I almost forgot. I bought something for all of you," Ciara replied, revealing a large bag of cotton candy. "There's enough for each of you, including Hunith and Gaius," she added, sharing the treat with everyone..

Ciara's magi-slate rang, indicating a call from her father. Excusing herself, she moved to a quiet corner to have a proper conversation.

"Yes, Dad. Yes, I made it to the second round I sort of met the king No, nothing bad happened Oh, so you do goblingram now? No, the afacs thing wasn't my doing Why would I even do that? Yes, the boys are here," she responded, updating her father.

"Ickies, Dad wants to visagelink," she called out, signaling the others to join the conversation.

"Michael? Patrick? Dickson? Is any of you there?" Garrett's voice resonated through the magi-slate.

"Dad, we can see the inner depths of your nose. Ugh, too much nose hair," Ricky remarked.

"Oh, sorry about that. How about now?" Garrett adjusted, ensuring a better view. "It's better," Micky confirmed.

Garrett then asked his sons about their experiences in Askia, and they took turns sharing their stories and adventures with their father.

"That all sounded wonderful. Give your sister back her magi-slate," Garrett instructed, prompting Dicky to return the device to Ciara before rejoining the others.

"Dad, did Mr. Rogers come to the house again? Okay, then. Oh before I forget, stay away from my room and my posters. Goodnight" Ciara ended the visagelink.

"It's getting late. Come on now, children, off to bed," Hunith said to the Ickies.

Have you formed your team yet? asked Morgana. Yes. said Ciara.

Lets hear it. said Mordecai.

"Okay. The team will comprise me, Prudy... and I was kind of hoping Morgana and you," Ciara announced, laying out her plan.

"Sure, why not? I could close the forge for some time," Mordecai agreed, willing to lend his skills to the team.

"Only if it's life-threatening," Morgana smirked.

"That makes... one... two..." Dicky counted with his fingers. "...four. That makes four, but what about the remaining two?"

"Oh, so now you can count," Ciara mocked. "The remaining two are anonymous. You'll find out tomorrow."

"What does 'anomynous' mean?" Dicky whispered to Ricky. "'Anonymous'," Ricky corrected, "means nameless."

"Do you have weapons?" Ricky inquired.

"Don't worry about that. Just tell me what you need, and they'll be ready before the second round commences," Mordecai assured them confidently.

"I need a sword, and Prudy needs a hammer, as well as whatever weapons you and Morgana use," Ciara replied, outlining their requirements.

"Consider it done," Mordecai confirmed.

That night, as Ciara found it hard to sleep, she went to her brothers' room. "What's the matter, Ciara?" Micky asked, sensing her restlessness. "Can't sleep?" Ricky chimed in with concern.

Ciara nodded and sighed. "Just do what I always do. Think of how to count sheep. It's foolproof," Dicky suggested, trying to offer a solution.

"Is it?" Ricky asked with a mocking tone. "Are you worried about tomorrow?" Micky asked.

"Uh-huh," Ciara nodded once again.

"You are Ciara Camborne. You always find a way to succeed, and you will win this," Micky reassured her, his words carrying the weight of their unwavering belief in her.

They all gathered around her, sharing a heartfelt hug. "Thanks. Did you guys practice that?" Ciara asked, amused by their synchronized support. "It was Ricky's idea," Dicky pointed out.

Ciara had one more surprise for them. She brought out her spare magi-slate. "I'm giving you this. It's my spare magi-slate, connected to my other one. That way, we can keep in touch in case I have to go far away," she explained, handing the device to Ricky. She kissed each of her brothers goodnight on their foreheads.

The next day arrived swiftly. "I'm going to be busy today. Baltimore insists on keeping me by his side," he informed the others. Hunith handed him a lunchbox. "Alright then, here's your lunch," she said, giving him a gentle kiss on the cheek before he departed for his duties.

The contest arena buzzed with anticipation as the spectators eagerly awaited the start of the second round. Being the first of its kind, the contest was a testament to Baltimore's desire to showcase Askia's hospitality.

"Welcome to the second round of the contest," Baltimore addressed the crowd and contestants. "Today, my daughter will make a special entry. She will choose one of the seven teams, granting them an exception by allowing eight members."

Princess Sage stole a glance at Arc. She had overheard him discussing his participation in the contest with his father the night before. She hoped that by joining his team, she could get closer to him and perhaps ignite a spark of love by revealing her wild side.

"The team leaders and their teams; please present yourselves," Gaius announced.

Ciara and the other contestants moved to the center of the arena. Sage glared at Ciara as she made her entrance, feeling a pang of jealousy upon noticing Arc's undivided attention on her.

"Contestant one hundred and fifty, why does your team have only four members?" Baltimore demanded.

Ciara remained silent. Sage abruptly stood up. "Didn't you hear what my father said? Speak up!"

Warwick and Arc stepped forward to join Ciara's team. The crowd gasped and murmured in surprise.

"Johnwick, are you aware of this?" Baltimore directed his question at Johnwick.

"Yes, I am," Johnwick replied, affirming his knowledge of the situation.

Sage loudly cleared her throat, capturing everyone's attention. "I have made my decision. Buttercup and I will join her team," she declared, pointing at Ciara.

"Very well then, without further ado, let us proceed," Baltimore announced, motioning to Gaius to continue.

Gaius stepped forward and explained the details of the second round. "The second round involves a journey and weapons. The seven teams must hunt and return with the three heads of a chimera."

Gasps of fear rippled through the crowd at the mention of a chimera. Gaius continued, "This round has a time limit of five days. The first five teams to bring back the heads will advance to the next round. Regardless of whether they have the heads, all teams must return after the five-day limit. The hourglass will be turned in four hours, giving you that time to prepare and depart."

The contestants absorbed the challenge ahead, aware of the daunting task they were about to undertake. The stage was set for a thrilling and intense second round of the contest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

359 38 15
Have you ever fallen head over heels in love? Would you be willing to risk everything for that love? Could you commit treason just to love the King? ...
60 0 1
Velicia age 21 finds out she is betrothed to four different men. demon, fallen, dragon, vampire, to unite the realms of Enololth
2.2K 32 54
It's been 10,000 years since the Last Battle occurred. A new era of Evil has befallen Narnia where a corrupt king has taken over. His sister fights f...
317 16 7
Pidge gets kidnapped, and two years after, her friends meet the same fate. When forced to fight in the Arena, a curious new contender faces them.