The Moon to my night✔️

By inheritedVibes

Two imperfectly perfect fell in love. Something happened and they drifted apart. What will happen when they c... More

Hey dear Readers!
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20

2

37.8K 1.9K 177
By inheritedVibes

∞Abandoned warmth∞

~Aradhaya Singh Rajvansh~

Love not only brings happiness and fulfillment but also its constant companion, the fear of causing pain to those we hold dear. As the only female in the Rajvansh clan born after five generations of all males, I was blessed with an overwhelming amount of love and affection. This undoubtedly played a significant role in shaping my upbringing. I was not only cared for by the elderly but also by all my beloved brothers, especially my brother, Aridhaan.

During my school years, I always lived in the shadows of others, making my love life completely insignificant. However, I made a daring decision to pursue my higher education in Delhi, away from my hometown of Rajasthan, which turned out to be a mistake. I had the opportunity to attend the same prestigious business school where Aridhaan bhai received his master's degree in New York. Although it was difficult to leave behind my beloved family, somehow I made myself leave them all behind.

It's been 7 years now, and I have been managing the New York branch of Rajvansh Royals for 2 years. Bhai asked me to return to India as everyone there misses me a lot, and I miss them too. I couldn't bear to let my favorite couple, my Grandparents, keep postponing their anniversary celebration each year because of my absence, so I made it a point to return to my homeland for their 65th anniversary. It's a momentous occasion that simply cannot go by without a celebration.

My trail of thoughts was broken by the attendant as the jet landed in Jaipur. There I was in India - the air hit differently here, and the sun didn't feel hot but warm here just like a hug. Stepping onto my motherland, I bent down to touch the ground and lifted my hand to touch my forehead - it felt like home here.

My eyes trailed forward toward the exit, and my favorite set of brothers walked toward me. "Bhai," I gasped as Aridhaan bhai managed to capture me in his arms. In his 6'2'' frame, I fit like a timid fragile doll, but still, I felt the safest in his embrace. After all, he is my shield, my pride, my brother.

Warm tears welled up in his deep grey eyes as his hand gently grazed my head, and he asked, "Aru, how are you? I missed you so much." I sobbed in his arms, although he kept visiting me. The last time he visited was 2 years ago, and I missed him the most. "Come on, where's my hug? I am also your special brother..." I heard Shravan bhai whining, and shifting to his arms, he squeezed me in a warm hug, and we separated as I was sobbing uncontrollably.

Aridhaan bhai lifted his hands to wipe away the tears from my cheeks and again engulfed me in a hug, whispering sweet nothings in my ears. I managed to get out of his arms and stand straight to say, "How are you both?"

"We are better now. Let's go; everyone is eagerly waiting for you," Shravan bhai said, pulling my hands while I managed to not skip a step rushing towards the car.

As I entered the mansion's premises, a rush of familiarity enveloped me. It was a comforting feeling, like stepping into a timeless haven that held my cherished memories. The architecture stood steadfast, and the surroundings echoed with the echoes of the past. Every nook and cranny seemed to welcome me back, and I couldn't help but gaze at each corner, reminiscing about the moments that had woven the fabric of my life within these walls.

With grace and chivalry, my brothers brought our car to a stop at the main entrance. As true gentlemen, they promptly exited their seats with Shravan bhai opening the door for me and Aridhaan bhai extending his hand to help me out of the car.

Getting to see my family off-screen felt surreal. I moved following Bhai towards everyone, Maa standing there with a plate of aarti following Papa, Mamu, and Mami on one side and Chote Papa, Choti Maa with Yug and Yagya on another. I looked for my elder loves.

As I saw everyone standing beside each other, Nanu, Nani, Dadu, and Dadi hurried forward, clutching bouquets of white roses, my favorite flowers, in their hands. Dadu enveloped me in his frail arms, "Did you miss me, Gudiya?"

"Every single day, Veer," I whispered, tears welling in my eyes as I nestled against his chest, feeling his comforting warmth.

"Only your Veer?" Dadi teased, making me pull away to see my grandmother standing there with outstretched arms. I eagerly embraced her, seeking solace in the familiar love she always showered upon me, different from that given to her grandsons. "You didn't even come to visit me there," I complained softly, tears threatening to spill over.

"We were eagerly awaiting your return," Nani replied tenderly, holding me close as I embraced Nanu next.

"When will our turn come?" Chote Papa's playful complaint drew my attention to him, standing alongside Choti Maa. I walked over to them, enveloped in a warm bear hug. "We missed you so much, Aru."

"It's wonderful to have you back," they murmured, gently stroking my hair, they always showered the same parental love on me, treating me no differently than their own children.

"We're still waiting," Mamu chimed in, flanked by Mami. One by one, I embraced them all, before finally approaching my father, who concealed his tears behind his glasses.

"Papa," I whispered, burying my face in his chest as tears streamed down my cheeks. His quiet sobs pierced my heart. "You took so long, my princess," he choked out, his voice breaking with emotion.

"I missed you terribly," I confessed, finding solace in his embrace. He had always been my refuge, my pillar of strength.

"I couldn't bear to wait any longer," my mother declared, wrapping her arms around us both, joining the embrace and eliciting laughter from the gathered family.

Tears streamed down my face as I laid my eyes on them again. Yug and Yagya Bhai took my hands, knelt, and kissed my knuckles. With open arms, they said in unison "Welcome home, Aru. This house didn't feel like a home without you." I couldn't hold back my emotions anymore and broke down in tears. Their comforting words and gestures made me realize how much I missed them, including others who also joined in to console me.

I looked at my father again, and I noticed him silently crying. Not only him but everyone in the family had tears in their eyes. Maa did the aarti, and Dadi performed her ritual to keep the evil eye away from my head. After having this emotional episode, I walked inside the mansion with flowers raining over me from the housekeepers inside. The place was decorated so beautifully; I can say Yug and Yagya Bhai did a great job.

Following the dining hall, we had our lunch, and trust me, I was about to explode.

Dadi especially made all my favorite dishes, and each of them personally fed me lovingly.

Bhai cleared his throat looking toward me and gained all the attention that was earlier fixed on me, "Aru, your chamber is all ready, you can have your rest till the evening as the guests will start arriving not before 7 pm. I have the designer arranged for you; she has figured out some dresses, and have a look and decide. As for everyone, my dear grandparents and everyone else keeping your excitement saved, please retire to your respective chambers. We have a long evening ahead." he said with a tight smile on his face.

I saw his features and how he got accustomed to all the responsibilities after our father was diagnosed with heart problems.

Everyone retired to their chambers; entering into my room tears stung my eyes as I inhaled the nostalgia sitting on the edge of the bed. I twisted my head, wiping my cheeks, hearing a knock on the door. I noticed Aridhaan bhai standing at the door with a small box in his hand.

With a gentle stroke on my head, he whispered, "Aru, let's head to our favourite place." and led me inside. With a nod, we proceeded towards the garden section located in my wing.

We seated ourselves on the swing, reminiscing the old days. He wrapped me in his arms and said, "it's been so long Aru; we all missed you."

A lone tear escaped my left eye, and I whispered, '' Are you still upset with me? "

"My dear, it pains me deeply that my little princess left us so abruptly without considering the importance of returning. What was stopping you? Didn't you miss us?" he asked softly.

" I did, every day, every time of the day, I missed you all, and especially you as there was no one to take care of me as you do. In that big penthouse, despite having all the house help, I felt very lonely, and I was being selfish making you visit me." I answered meekly.

"Shh, don't ever say that again; if not for this empire, I would have moved to New York with you. I still don't know the reason for your sudden decision. I know I only wanted you to accept the admission letter, but I didn't want you to have this long stay. I have always been there to support you, and I will continue to stand by you in the future. Please let me know who or what caused my sister to leave home and abandon her loved ones." He reassured me, and soon after, I found myself in his arms, quietly shedding tears.

"Enough of these tears; I can't bear my little princess's cheeks strained with tears; only bright smiles suit them." He wiped my tears and tickled me.

I giggled in his arms and said, "I wouldn't hesitate to shed tears if you promise to wipe them away every time they fall from my eyes." With a confident nod, he conveyed his assurance.

"Okay well... take this" Bhai opened the velvet box in his hand; it had a diamond petal-designed hairpin in it.

"Wow, this looks so pretty, I love you so much" I exclaimed with excitement. He chuckled at my words saying, '' Wear it today; it will match the dress I chose especially for you. But yes, only if you like that there are other options too."

I hugged his biceps saying, "No, I am going to wear the dress you chose for me."

We spent some time on the swing, revisiting our childhood when Bhai asked me to take some rest since it's been a long flight after all.

Sleep engulfed me as soon as I hit the bed, and I opened my eyes only hearing the knocks on the door. Maa entered along with Choti Maa. They stood near the bed caressing my hair, " Aru beta it's already 6. I know you are tired, but you will get late this way" Maa said, sitting on the side of my bed.

I shifted my head to Maa's lap and hugged my mother sheepishly, "Just 5 minutes let me stay in my comfort place."

They both sighed audibly but managed to get me out of bed to get ready for the party. I'll also be meeting Shravan Bhai's fiancé today.

⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ~~~~⋆🌿✦🌺✦🌿⋆~~~~ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧⋆.

Happy reading! Have a beautiful day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

948K 45.3K 41
"Mr. Raichand, happy independence day. You have been eating my head since day one to get these papers signed and today I have finally granted your wi...
56.9K 2K 22
"𝑫𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒚𝒂𝒏 𝒌𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒌𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒉𝒕𝒊 𝒉𝒐, 𝒌𝒊 𝒃𝒊𝒘𝒊 𝒉𝒐 𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒊?" ~~ "𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒆" "𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃...
18.2K 1.1K 31
I love you, Alara! My love for you knows no bounds-I would sacrifice everything for you!! ...
26K 3.9K 31
𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 3-𝗥𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗦𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 "𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐈𝐬𝐡𝐚." "𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐛𝐞 𝐲�...