The Monsters in Sleepy Hollow

נכתב על ידי Lotus_Horizon

(Y/N) Van Helsing, on of the descendants of Abraham Van Helsing, the man who defeated Dracula hundreds of yea... עוד

Chapter 0: The Last Van Helsing
Chapter 1: Aleera
Chapter 2: Sleepy Hollow
Chapter 3: Unkindness
Chapter 4: A Learning Experience
Chapter 5: Alone
Chapter 6: Weep Now, or Never More
Chapter 7: Verona
Questions
Chapter 8: Monsters
Chapter 9: Taking Action
Chapter 10: The Hound of Baskerville
Chapter 11: Hunter and Witch
Profile #1
Chapter 12: Conflicted
Chapter 13: Marishka
Chapter 14: A Black Sheep in Wolf's Clothing
Chapter 15: Expanding Minds
Chapter 16: The Comedy and Tragedy of Van Helsing
Your Dream Women: Act 1
Chapter 17: Night's Bane
Chapter 18: Woe is Me
Chapter 19: The Longing Sorcerer
Chapter 20: The Old Hunter
Chapter 21: Annihilation
Chapter 22: I Miss the Misery
Chapter 24: Serenity
Chapter 25: Awaken
Chapter 26: Pan!c at the Café
Profiles #2
Chapter 27: A Heated Reunion
Chapter 28: Predatory Instincts
Chapter 28.5: Thank You
Chapter 29: Fall From Grace Weary Angel
Chapter 30: Anne Lorraine
Chapter 31: You Have Power, Nothing More
Art Chapter
Chapter 32: Bloody Tears
Chapter 33: The Hound of Sleepy Hollow
Chapter 34: Happy Endings
Art Chapter for Act 2
Chapter 35: The Lone Van Helsing
Chapter 36: It Hurts Like Hell
Chapter 37: Who is (Y/N) Van Helsing?
Chapter 38: Good Intentions
Questions for Act 2
Chapter 39: New Places, New Faces
Halloween Art
Chapter 40: The Monsters in Salem
Chapter 41: Suzume Akiyama
Chapter 42: Down
Chapter 43: Everything Is(n't) Fine
Chapter 44: Beloved
Chapter 45: Tea With A Doll
Chapter 46: Road Trip
Chapter 47: The Eve of Halloween
Chapter 48: Prophet
Chapter 49: Forgiveness
Chapter 50: Now You See Me
Chapter 51: Homecoming

Chapter 23: Sins of the Mother

1.7K 104 57
נכתב על ידי Lotus_Horizon

*December 10th*

  As you kissed down Lenore's body, you feel yourself compelled to stop. Stopping as you can't help but feel a sense of guilt. Was this because of the spell? You had no idea. But you wouldn't handle the feeling. You climb back up her body and rest your forehead against hers.

Y/N: Lenore. I'm sorry. But, out of respect for you, and someone else, I can't lay with you.

  You expected her to be furious or hurl insults your way. You were a little worried to look her in the face, but you heard her take a deep sigh.

Lenore: Phew. I thought it was just me. I don't think I could have gone through with it as well. For many reasons, but I didn't want the whole school finding out I slept with the Theater Arts Teacher's son. That'd be a new low for me. . . But, even if that is the spell talking, you are very respectful.

Y/N: Hehe, I was taught well.

  You rested your head on Lenore's chest as you felt her fingers running through your hair, undoing it and letting it all fall. You both remained in each other's grasp, sharing kisses every now and again, all until the sun fully set. As you held onto her, you remembered what she told you earlier.

Y/N: Lenore. You said I looked like someone. Who was it I look like?

Lenore: . . . It's . . . a bad memory. 

Y/N: Well, I'm all ears.

  She looks down at you with a smirk.

Lenore: Don't think this makes us friends or anything. I'm only doing this because. . . okay, I admit. I like you a little. 

Y/N: Hehe, I guess I like you too. Besides, we weren't able to copulate tonight. I'd like to know why you hated me originally. 

  Lenore rolled her eyes as she continues to stroke your hair.

Lenore: . . . Fine. You're lucky your cute. Anyway, when I was little, I lived in London with my family. MY mother and father were both high ranking people in our "Special Court," and the same was to be expected from me when I came of age. MY mother had. . . violent tendencies, especially with how people treated her in her life, she didn't want that for me, and usually took it out on her nightly hunts, on those who offended me or our family. She managed to terrorize the people of London who offended us to keep me safe. While it was out of love, I didn't want her to hurt humans for my sake. Eventually, the human world investigated deeper into her crimes, tying the murders and disappearances to a vampire. Though my father had already discussed this bloodthirst of hers and she did stop, but the dye was cast and it was too late. A hunter caught wind of her, and was already hunting her.

  You felt her grip tighten on you.

Lenore: A Van Helsing.

  You felt your heart sink as you had a feeling you knew what was going on. But you really didn't want to believe it.

Lenore: This Van Helsing hunted us for a time and killed many in the court. She was considered one of the most dangerous hunters of her time. Even when she found our Ancestral home and murdered my mother while my father was away. I'll never forget her cold gaze. Most hunters kill for justice, or vengeance. I could have forgiven her for that. But her eyes showed none of that. . . Nothing but the thrill of the hunt. Her eyes. One a warm gold tone almost like yours, the other, a cold silver tone. She was tall with long dark hair and used a shotgun to end my mother's life. 

  Tears lightly streamed down her cheeks as she remembered the memory.

Lenore: I watched as I hid in the pantry. I hear my mother pleading and begging to show mercy. But the hunter didn't care. She only said these words to my mother. "Do you have any children?" My mother kept me safe and answered no. The last words the hunter said to her were, "Good. Because then I would have to kill them too."

  Lenore wiped her face lightly as she sat up, looking down at you.

Lenore: I only say her gaze, and through the dark I could tell she wasn't like other hunters. . . not even like other humans. When I saw your face, I could see so much of that in you. So much of her. But there's no way. . . A Van Helsing living in Sleepy Hollow? HA! The idea is laughable.

Y/N: . . . S-So what happened with your father?

Lenore: . . . Father has been busy. He said he was going to find the hunter that took mother away from us. But he also did learn that the hunter had a child. And that child was going to be what he takes from her.

Y/N: . . . D-Do you think that's justice? To kill an innocent child for their mother's actions?

  Lenore looked away from you, her gaze focused on the window.

Lenore: Well. . . I don't really know. I admit, anything to hurt that hunter who killed my mother. I'd take anything from her, to make her feel the pain I felt all those years ago. Even killing her child.

. . .

Lenore: Are you alright? You look pale.

Y/N: S-Sorry. I just never imagined you'd have that hard of a life. I am so sorry for your loss.

  Lenore hugs onto you tightly.

Lenore: You're so sweet. Maybe I did misjudge you. . . . You know. Even after this spell ends. I want to ask you something.

Y/N: Sure. W-What is it?

Lenore: Ummm. . . would you like to. . . go out with me sometime?

. . .

Y/N: . . . . . Y-Yes? Yeah. I'd l-love to.

  Lenore hugs onto you tightly as she paints your face in kisses.

Lenore: Mmmm, I actually am so glad Sutrah put this spell on us. But are you sure your okay, your heart is beating loudly.

  You can't seem to control your heart as you started to feel ill.

Y/N: N-No. I'm fine. I should probably get home before my mom kills me. I'll s-s-see you ate school Monday.

  You kiss her on the cheek before rushing out of the house. Leaving Lenore a little confused as she just held her cheek. Smiling.

  As you rush out of the house, you run down the street back to the manor. Running and running as you remember what Lenore told you. A touch of irony to this tragedy.

  Your mother killed her mother. And she's fine with taking vengeance by killing you. IF she ever found out who you were, your fate would be sealed. You felt your heart beating out of it's chest as you fell by the forest and vomited your guts out from all the stress. All the thoughts rushing in your mind.

Y/N: 'What do I do? What do I do? Why did I say yes? What can I even do now!' 

  You stumbled back towards the manor, rushing through the red leaves as they fell in your path. Tears lightly streaming down your face as you feel yourself  trip and collapse at the statue of the headless horseman of the town. You stumble to your feet as you clasp your hand over your mouth.

Y/N: 'Why mom. . . why do I have to pay for your mistake?'

  You stumble a bit more as you try to stand to your feet. But in your own fear and rushing emotions. You feel something rip through your side as you look down slowly.

  Blood sprayed onto the statue a bit as you notice a bullet hole had torn into your side.

Y/N: You c-can't be s-s-serious.

  You quickly turn to see where the bullet came from, no one in sight. You focus your sense as you hear the clicking of another shot getting ready to be fired. You leap to the side as the bullet scrapes past your cheek. Your long dark hair matted over your face as you struggle to make your way through to the manor.

  You ended up stripping and stumbling over a bridge that led over a small creek. You felt a bullet enter your back . Blood spilling from your mouth, every step feeling heavier than the last. Some day this was for you, and you hated everything about this day. As you were being chased, you felt your life flash before your eyes, every memory, every person, every word. Words that gave you a sign on how to escape. They helped you remember something that Aleera gave you.

Y/N:'T-The bell!'

  Reaching around your jacket and your ripped up clothing. You do end up fighting it as you ring it with only one thought in mind. The thought of getting you out of there.

  You ring the bell with no hesitation. As you ring the bell a cloud of dense smoke spills from the end of the bell, surrounding you. The smoke was so dense and so thick that you couldn't even see anything as you felt the smoke carrying you, all until you gave into your injuries.

*Meanwhile*

  From the shadows, someone watches you vanish in your cloud of smoke as they lower their rifle.

Ruth: Dammit! So close! I vas hoping to take him to Lady Carmilla, but he vanished into smoke? Vhat kind of magic vas that? Van Helsings don't use magic. . . Hmm. Maybe his time here is having more of an affect on him zhen even ve could have guessed. He doesn't seem all that strong on his own. He must feel so veak. 

    Ruth stands from her spot in the forest, twirling her rifle as she stows it onto her back. Adjusting her suit as she whistles to herself.

Ruth: (Y/N) Van Helsing. . . You aren't going to last long as a human. This Bloodhunt isn't going to be fun if you remain as you are, just a simple teenager.

???: He will do as such and live up to your expectations.

  Ruth quickly turns to meet a voice as from the darkness, a pair of golden eyes stare at her. She nearly jumps out of her skin at first, but quickly composes herself.

Ruth: You sneak around too much. Vhat even is your interest vith this child.

???: . . . Y/N. I have met him before. . . So many times. . . All you need know is that you mustn't underestimate him. Not him or any variation of the sort. Now, do what you must. And, keep this secret from your lady. It won't interest her in the slightest of your failure to capture a simple teenager as you call him. Hehehe.

  They vanish as Ruth is left thinking about (Y/N). 

Ruth: Hmmm. He's be more fun if he vas a monster. . . A beast. . . One of my beasts. . . Oh. I have an amazing Idea.

*Timeskip*

  Marishka stares up into the starlit sky as her dark hair is flowing in the wind. She is met with Aleera who appears before her in a flurry of bats.

Aleera: Marishka-

Marishka: No, I don't know where your toy is.

Aleera: I was going to ask if you were alright. But that also saves my second question. . . Are you alright sister?

Marishka: Yeah. Always. If you must know, I'm just thinking. I cannot wait to be done here and return to our castle.

Aleera: We may be extending our stay. Verona said she had some news that she desires to share with all of us. . . Even (Y/N).

Marishka: Why? That boy is dead weight. Just drink him and send his remains to his mother.

Aleera: You really hate him that much huh. He is a nice-

Marishka: I don't care what he is. He's still a human, and a Van Helsing. And a stupid one at that, involving himself with that Bloodstone girl. IF he was smart he would have ignored her. I guess it's fine that the two hate one another so badly.

  Marishka scratches the back of her head as her pathway is cut off by a ploom of smoke. Covering her face a little, she looks through the smoke as she notices a humanoid form. The smoke disperses as the unconscious body of (Y/N) falls out of it. She catches him by the back of his collar as Aleera rushes over.

Aleera: (Y/N)!

Marishka: Calm down. He's alive. . . Somehow. Starting to think these Van Helsing's aren't as human as they say they are.

  Marishka and Aleera take you inside as they lay you down on a bed. Aleera clenching onto your hand as she has tears in her eyes. Marishka looking down at you as if she couldn't care less, but she felt like this insult shouldn't go unnoticed. The two sisters fixed you up as best they could, but it could only go so far, you were only human, and they had no magic or healing potions on hand at the moment.

Marishka: Shot through the side and in the back. Lucky he had that bell you gave him.

Aleera: But I never wanted him to need it. Sure it was a precaution, but I desperately hoped he wouldn't need it. This is bad now, if he remains, he will die.

 . . .

  Marishka thought it over as he remembered you having some kind of last resort on your person. She makes her way over to your jacket, examining it and going through the contents until she does manage to find it.

Marishka: This thing could be of use.

  Aleera turns noticing Marishka with the syringe.

Aleera: That? But, are you-

Marishka: During any pillow talk you two have had, what has he said about this?

Aleera: T-That it's only to be used if he is ever near death. 

Marishka: Well? Now it could be useful.

  Aleera seemed unsure, not really too sure of what the contents did, since you were always cryptic with it.

Marishka: It's either that, he dies, or you turn him. That way he can truly be yours. . . Forever.

Aleera: . . . I can't.

  Marishka smiles a bit as she chuckles to herself.

Marishka: I know. You don't want to rob him of his humanity. You are so sweet to him Aleera. He better know how much you truly care. Besides, I'm not gonna let him die and leave you a crying mess. Even Verona has taken a liking to him. You hopeless romantics. Just inject him with his stupid Last Resort and be done with it. 

  Aleera takes the Syringe and grabs onto your arm. She takes the needle and stabs it into tour arm. The contents spill into your veins as the blood in your body rushes at a faster rate. The veins in your body pulse as Aleera overlooks you. She kisses your lips sweetly as she presses her forehead against yours.

Aleera: Please. . . Please wake up.

"My Beloved."

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

2.9K 43 8
Centuries ago Vlad Tepes aka Dracula killed a thousand men to save his country. To become the most infamous monster in history to walk the earth. Yea...
36.1K 632 26
Dracula and Jamie have known each other for a couple of centuries, even back in 1897 when they continuously defeated Abraham Van Helsing. Then after...
30.1K 723 15
She's unnatural, she's a freak but does she care, no. Shade has a secret that binds her to prince Velkan Valerious and his sister Anna. She is a hunt...
100K 3.4K 50
Y/N Van Helsing is the adopted nephew to the world famous monster hunter Vincent Van Helsing. However, neither hate monsters. On the contrary, they l...