𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘

By blackgrlreadss

𝐬𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥 𝐮𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐬, 𝐬𝐨 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐠𝐨 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭 | 𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎�... More

𝙿𝚁𝙴𝙵𝙰𝙲𝙴 | 𝟶
𝟸.
𝟹.

𝟷.

245 23 1
By blackgrlreadss

𝙾𝙼𝙽𝙸𝚂𝙲𝙸𝙴𝙽𝚃
𝟹𝚁𝙳 𝙿𝙴𝚁𝚂𝙾𝙽

| 𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨, 𝐈𝐋 |
𝟹:𝟶𝟶𝙿𝙼

𝙳𝙴𝙲𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝟹𝟷𝚂𝚃

✿✿

Looking at herself in the mirror, at her afternoon attire. She wasn't satisfied, at all. Lauren was 3 months postpartum, after having her daughter Symonè. Sighing frustrated, she begins to remove her clothes to wear pajamas again.
Putting on her pajama pants, she hears Symonè crying in the distance.

Now leaving her room, walking down the hallway to Symonè's nursery. Entering it, she peaks over to see her wide awake and crying. "It's okay, it's okay." She reaches in and picks her up, resting her head on her chest while rocking back and forth.
While doing so, she hears the front door open as voice filled the room. Rolling her eyes, she walks over to the diaper change station to change her diaper.

"Ma! Mommy!" Lauren hears her son call out for her, she was silent. More focused on changing Symonè, once finished she holds her close before leaving the room.

Now in her bedroom, she sees her son Haze and husband Peace sitting at the edge of her bed. "Outside clothes off, go wash up." She tells him, Haze does as told before leaving the room.

"You good?" Peace asks her, as he stands up to approach her. "Fine, I'm fine."

"Are you coming with me, to Imani's New Year's party tonight?" Lauren had no plans on leaving, she's been home since having the baby. Truly not wanting to leave.
She only leaves sometimes with Peace, but mainly stays home. 

Since tonight is New Year's, her sister throws a party every year. She obviously doesn't want to go, but is gonna get dragged to it regardless. "No." 

"My mom said she'll watch the kids, for us. C'mon, you never leave the house anymore." She frowns before looking down, at a sleeping Symonè in her arms. "Ughh, fine. What time?"

"9pm, gotta drop the kids off early so we can pregame." She nods her head as he plants a kiss, on her cheek. "I love you." 
"I love you." Peace gently takes Symonè out her arms, before leaving the room.

✿✿

After showering, doing her hair and makeup now she's getting dressed again. Hating it all over again, a dark cloud forms over her. DEPRESSION.

The feeling of wanting to cry and shut down, crossed her mind a thousand times. The thin material of the dress, hugging her body awkwardly making her uncomfortable. "Fuck it!" She takes the dress off completely, and tosses it aside.

Now sitting at her vanity to remove her makeup, Peace enters the room just about dressed. He was brushing his waves down, when he noticed Lauren not dressed, and on the verge of tears.
"Baby what's wrong?" He approached her as she wipes all the makeup off her face, as tears slowly rolled down her face.

"Everything is wrong, I'm staying home. I can't go out," she tell him before discarding the wipes, into the wastebasket.
"I already told everyone, we're going." She shakes her head and wipes her tears before getting up so she can wrap her hair up.

She was drained and wanted this day to end already, she just wanted to be alone.

"I'm not going Peace, you're free to go. Penny got the kids, I'm staying home. That's it!" Grabbing her hairnet and brush, before heading into the bathroom.

✿✿

Peace stood idly in the bedroom, conflicted and confused. Ever since Lauren had Symonè, she's been in a mood. More depressing if anything, she wasn't like this when she had Haze. If anything, she was happier than ever.
He sighs before digging into his pocket, for his iPhone. He pulls it out, and unlocks it to go into his contacts to call her mother.

"Hi honey, what's going on?"

"Hey Mrs. Montgomery, I gotta couple questions."

"What's up?"

"Lauren isn't herself, since she had Symonè. She just shuts down,"

"She's going through Postpartum Depression, honey. It happens, it'll pass."

"When will it pass?"

"I don't know honey, I can't say."

"She just broke down crying, we were supposed to go out tonight to a party. She's not going now."

"You can't force it Peace, trust it'll pass."

"I don't like seeing her like this, I'm worried."

"I went through that with Lauren, and Alexis. Even Navaydius. It's common after giving birth."

"What can I do?"

"Just love and support her, be there for her. I know you're back home, for the season. But you'll be leaving again soon, so make her feel good and loved."

"Even if we don't go out tonight, what can I do for her?"

"Run her a bath, feed her, massage her, listen to her talk. Lauren is very sensitive but loving, it's the little things."

"Thank you so much."

"Anytime."

Call ends...

✿✿

Peace hangs up after their call wraps up, before leaving the room and heading into the bathroom. Lauren wasn't in there, so he went to Haze's room to see nobody in there.
Lastly going into the nursery to see Lauren, separating Symonè's clothes. "Your mom, just came and got them." She tells him, while putting the baby socks in the dirty clothes hamper.

"I see." He hikes up his pants, before sitting down on the floor beside her. "I spoke to your mother, she says you got PPD." She slowly nods her head yes, "I do."

"Is there anything I can do?" She shakes her head no, "I- I just want to be alone." He was unsure about leaving her alone. "You sure?"

"Positive, I'll come to bed later. You go out and have fun." He certainly wasn't leaving, especially since she's like this. "I'm staying in, imma put this outfit up for another time. I'll run a bath, so we can just relax. How about that?"

"Sounds nice." He smiles, "Good, gimme a few to prep everything." He plants a soft kiss on her forehead before, standing up to leave the nursery.

✿✿

Peace and Lauren laid in the bathtub together, she rested on his chest while he wrapped his arms around her body. He loved her, and all her imperfections and flaws.
Feels like yesterday, when they met for the first time. He's been in-love with her since.

Met in middle school, they were the best of friends. Dated all throughout high school, and college. When she got pregnant with Haze is, when he got drafted. But when he came back, Peace proposed to Lauren at one of his games.
She said yes, they got married a few months later then had Haze.

4 years after having Haze, Lauren gets pregnant again with a Babygirl. They named her after their deceased best friend, Symonè Royal.
It was always them 3, Peace, Symonè and Lauren.

Unfortunately she passed away due, to a drunk driver accident. Sending Lauren into a downward spiral, since her and Symonè we're basically sisters. Then she had to take care of her kids, but it still makes her sad that she's not here to watch them grow up.

✿✿

"What're you thinking about?" Peace slowly rubs her back in circles, as her eyes were closed. "Symonè, I miss her so much. She's supposed to be here, watching the kids grow up. She was getting married, I was gonna be her bridesmaid. You know how long we've been talking about her wedding?"

Since they were kids, Symonè always talked about getting married. She came out as bisexual during middle school, but as she got some experience and grew within age. She came to a realization, that she's actually a lesbian.
Getting her first girlfriend, that summer going into their sophomore year of high school. They ended up dating all throughout high, and college.

Got proposed to their freshman year of college, and started planning for the future. In the meantime, they went through IVF to have kids. Monet got pregnant, and had twins. A boy and a girl.
They were only 1 years old, when Symonè passed. HOMICIDE.

✿✿

"Since we was kids, said you'll be her bridesmaid and I'm the groomsman. We must of read hundreds of books, went to dozens of shops and did so much stuff in preparation." Peace adds in, earning a slight chuckle from Lauren.
Symonè was the new kid entering 6th grade, at a new school let alone new city.

Since birth she's never been out the state of Washington, mainly residing in the dmv area. She moved from D.C to Illinois, due to her father getting a new job opportunity. It took her 2 weeks or so to make friends, her first friend was Lauren.

Lauren soon introduce Symonè to Peace, and they became a trio. Damnear inseparable, couldn't separate them even if you wanted too. Stayed friends throughout middle and high school, even graduated together.
Eventually adding Monet into their friend circle, due to her and Symonè being a couple. Now it's only them three.

"Right." She sighs heavily before opening her eyes, they felt heavy. Tiredness was creeping up against her, she already knew she wasn't making it till 12. "Baby can we get out now?"

"Yes."

✿✿

After their bath, Peace drained the tub while Lauren stood in their bedroom wrapped up in a white towel looking up at the tv. Watching the clock count down, 30 minutes was presented on the clock. Heavy footsteps trails into the bedroom, she feel his presence behind her both watching the clock count down.

"Is it too late, to attend Imani's party?" Lauren asks him, somewhat skeptical. She felt like being social, only because she felt somewhat better. "Nah, we got time. Get dressed." She cheekily smiles before walking over to her closet, to find an outfit as he does the same.
"Should I wear the red dress or the brown dress?" Lauren asks Peace as she surveys her clothing selection, "The brown one, it'll look nice on your skin." He kissed her exposed shoulder, before grabbing his clothing and began getting dressed.

Both Peace and Lauren got dressed, she did minimal makeup and just let her hair be out free. She would rarely straighten it, due to the maintenance but decided against it today.
"You ready, babe?" Peace interlocks their hands together, as she takes one last look at themselves in the mirror. "Yes, let's go."

✿✿

"10."

"9."

"8."

"7."

"6."

"5."

"4."

"3."

"2."

"1."

"Happy New Year's!!" Everyone in the room cheered out, as the clock ran down to 12. The couples in the room kissing their partners as others, drank from their glasses. Peace gently brings Lauren closer to him to kiss her, this kiss was full off passion and love.
She pulls away from the kiss to look up at him, "I love you."

"I love you."

✿✿

Authors Note
Thoughts?
This book will go back and forth from past to present

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 601 9
𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥.
88.4K 3.6K 15
" Having somebody by your side to help you, can make them everyday battles easier... especially if that wasn't the intention. "
99.6K 6.6K 18
all those times you weren't chosen, i'll make it up to you show my love for you.
11M 255K 60
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 Enzo Mariano is known for being nothing but ruthless. He is feared by all in the Italian mafia. He kills on...