ʷᵃᵛᵉˢ ᵒᶠ ᶜᵒˡᵒʳ / ᵇⁱˡˡⁱᵉ ᵉⁱˡⁱˢʰ

Por lolacalooza

in which two girls meet on the beach and fall in love. enemies to lovers ====================================... Más

chapter one
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six

chapter two

18 2 0
Por lolacalooza

I had been raised to be a polite guest, which some may think is a positive thing. But when you find yourself sitting at a white-cloth dining table with a whole family of people you don't even know, being polite seems like a curse rather than a blessing.

I only went down for dinner because I didn't want Maggie to think I was rude. However, once I was seated, I decided that I would've rather been seen as rude than eat with these people.

Maggie introduced me to her husband, then announced that we would be having lasagna. I poked at the food with my fork and spread it around my plate to make it look like I'd eaten more than I actually had. Nobody seemed to notice.

Maggie daughter, Billie, was sitting across from me. Occasionally I would glance over at her, trying to absorb her appearance without appearing to stare. I had a bad habit of looking at people for so long that they would get uncomfortable. 

She was beautiful, really. A little bit...I wasn't really sure how to describe it. Rough? Weird? Unfamiliar? The latter sounded the most accurate to the way I felt about her. When you're raised around evening gowns and bouffants, seeing someone with baggy clothing and neon-green roots feels illegal. I half expected my mother to spring out of the shadows and scream at Billie to "stop embarrassing the family" like she'd done to me so many times. 

After the meal--which consisted of awkward silence and the occasional compliment about the food--I walked upstairs.

As I was opening the door to my room, I heard a voice behind me in the hall.

"Did you even eat?"

I swung around to find Billie leaned up against the wall across from me. I felt my face flush and prayed that the dim lighting of the hall would hide it. I hadn't thought anyone noticed me avoiding the food.

"Yes," I said quickly, trying to make my voice sound confused, as though I had no idea what she was talking about.

Alas, I'm a painter, not an actress, and it was clear that Billie knew I was lying. A stupid, stupid smirk crossed her face as she nodded slowly.

Hurriedly, I added, "I was just not that hungry."

There was a brief silence between us. I debated leaving Billie and walking into my room, but before I could, she said, "Why are you here?"

Huh? 

"Um." I wrung my hands together, a nervous habit of mine. "My mom sent me here. She was friends with your mom. In college."

"But why are you here?"

I wanted to scream "none of your business" in her face, but decided against it, not because I didn't want to offend her, but because I didn't want her to go tell her mom about it, who I was starting to like.

"I...I had a...uh...thing."

Billie tilted her head. "Oh."

This time, as soon as silence fell between us, I darted into my room. Before I closed the door completely, I muttered, "Bye." 

"'Night," I heard her say. 

Alone at last, I slumped against the bedroom door and breathed in deeply in the darkness of my brand new bedroom.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

204K 7.1K 97
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
89.5K 3.1K 52
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...
135K 6.2K 35
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...
194K 4K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...