FOREVER • S.ROGERS

By hansbroekman

In which an Asgardian Goddess finds a Brooklyn Soldier, and they fall in love. ''I love you.'' ''I love you t... More

CAST
ACT I
[01]
[02]
[03]
[04]
[05]
[06]
ACT II
[07]
[08]
[09]
[10]
[11]
[12]
ACT III
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
ACT IV
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
ACT V
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
ACT VI
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[38]
JAMES SAMUAL LOKI ROGERS
[39]
SARAH FRIGGA REBECCA ROGERS
JOSEPH ODIN NICHOLAS ROGERS
ACT VII
[40]
[41]
[42]
[43]
[EPILOGUE]

[37]

1.2K 36 26
By hansbroekman

ABOUT ONE MONTH after the snap, Freya got word that the remaining of her people had settled somewhere in America. She quickly asked them to move near her, so the Goddess could fulfill her duty as Queen of Asgard - even though Asgard was gone now, and so was half of it's population.

NEW ASGARD, that's what she called the place in Manhattan. It was important for Freya to be near the compound.

She couldn't leave Natasha alone, and the rest of the Avengers.

Mostly Natasha, though. Because Clint was no where to be found after his family disappeared, Rocket and Nebula started traveling the universe again, as did Carol. Tony and Pepper moved out and Rhodey fulfilled his duties as a soldier around the globe.

Leaving Steve and Thor and Freya and Natasha.

But Thor didn't speak, he mostly locked himself on his floor and.. drank.

Freya forced him to go to New Asgard, though.

Steve immediately agreed to move to New Asgard with her, as long as he could visit Natasha at least once a week.

And everything was falling into pieces little by little again, and the broken parts of the world tried dearly to work again.

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

''Doll...''

It's quiet in their new home in New Asgard. Freya's naked body is tangled in her covers and Steve's arms - until he removed her from his grasps and nervously started tapping his pillow, while keeping his eyes wide in the curling.

''Stevie, go to sleep.'' The Goddess mumbles into her pillow, not bothering to open her eyes.

''I can't.''

''Buck and Sam..'' She softly says, it's not a question.

Freya doesn't know Sam, but according to Steve's stories, he was a great, great man.

She does, however, know Bucky. One of her best friends, part of the Tree Musketeers.

God, has it been long since she last heard that.

Freya's never met Barnes as the.. Winter Soldier, though.

Freya still wears his dog tags, and she still misses Steve's.

Steve nods at her statement.

''Well, I've used all of my distraction methods.'' Freya giggles, opening her eyes teasingly.

''I know.'' He smirks cockily.

A comforting silence fills them again, Freya's about to doze off again when Steve starts talking.. again.

''I want to start a support group. For those who survived.''

The Goddess of Love and War can't help but smile brightly. ''That's really beautiful, hero. Where'd you come up with that?'' She asks.

''Sam used to do the same.'' He whispers.

''I think that's a great idea.'' Freya smiles, rolling into his arms again and planting a kiss on his cheek.

''Goodnight, Steve.''

''Night, doll.''

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

October 2018, 5 months after the snap.. that's when they find out.

Freya paces around the room of her newly found home nervously, as Steve sits quietly on the bed.

His eyes trace his fingers as if they are the most interesting thing in the world.

And then the alarm on Steve's phone goes off, - it had taken them half an our to figure out how it worked - and they both freeze.

Freya runs into the bathroom, and for a second it's deathly silent.

Until she barges from the door with the biggest smile on her face Steve's ever seen, and tears in her eyes.

''You're...'' he breathes out, quickly standing up.

''I'm..'' she nods, blinking away the tears of happiness in her eyes.

''Oh, my God!'' He exclaims happily.

The Captain runs towards Freya quickly, picking her up by her waist and happily spinning her around and around and around.

''Steve.'' She squeals when she feels as though she'll be crushed by his tight grip.

''Right! Sorry.'' He says sheepishly, a boyish smile on his lips.

He plants his face in her neck as they both smile and giggle, until he slowly sets her down.

His large hand finds it's way to her stomach, and he plants a kiss to her lips.

''Pregnant..'' Steve happily smiles.

''Pregnant.'' Freya confirms with a grin.

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

Tony Stark had begged his wife for a private celebration of their wedding. It would be more 'intimate', he had said.

They had married a week prior, in November. Tony's health was doing better, so the couple married as soon as they could.

Truth is, Stark really doesn't want to see the Avengers again - what's left of them, that is.

But, unfortunately, - for him - Pepper Potts knows Tony better then anyone else. She's had enough years of practice to deal with his stubbornness.

And that leads the remaining Avengers to an awkward dinner at the compound.

Bruce had come back from Mexico for the wedding, where he and Tony had build a lab for Banner to try and fuge himself with the Hulk.

So far, it was unsuccessfully.

Rhodey was Tony's best man, so he was already in town.

The rest of the Avengers were not invited.

Not that they minded, though. It was a private ceremony, they knew that.

Pepper forced Tony to do something, so dinner it is!

''Here.'' Thor grumbles as he hands a glass of Asgardian Ale to Steve and Freya.

The snap changed him. He barely talks, not even to Freya, and he that golden-retriever like personality he used to wear is long gone.

The Goddess accepts the drink with a smile, before her body slightly freezes.

''No, thank you.'' She smiles slightly, and Thor can't help but frown.

His sister didn't turn down a good, strong drink... ever.

''You don't want a drink?'' He asks, his eyebrows knit together in confusion.

''Uh, no.'' Freya slowly replies.

Steve's eyes can't help but flicker over to her stomach.

A smile appears on Pepper's, Bruce's and Natasha's lips.

''About damn time.'' The redhead chuckles, taking another bite of her chicken as she watches the couple.

''What?'' Tony asks with a frown, looking at Rhodey to see he wears the same look of confusion on his features.

''Nothing.'' Freya shrugs.

Pepper and Natasha give the Goddes a stern look.

Freya nervously looks over at Steve, who fails the hide the proud smile creeping up on his lips.

''Fine..'' she sighs, ''I'm pregnant.''

Gasps escape some mouths as they drop the silverware in their hands. The Avengers' eyes are all wide.

''What?!'' Tony is the first to exclaim happily.

''Pregnant?!'' Thor yells, though his tone is definitely not as kind.

''Yes, pregnant.'' The Goddess confirms, carefully watching her brother.

''Name it Natasha!''

''How did that happen?!'' The God of Thunder exclaims with wide eyes.

''Well, buddy, when a man and woman really love eachother-''

''Alright, alright!'' Thor cuts of Tony quickly, making him let out a laugh of amusement.

''No, I mean... what? How?!'' He exclaims, pouring the strong drink down his throat quickly.

''Always wrap it before you tap it, Steve.'' Natasha mumbles from the other side of the room.

Tony let's out a loud laugh of amusement, maybe tonight wasn't so bad after all.

''Can it, Nat!'' Rogers exclaims like a little kid as he throws a tissue ball at Natasha.

''She has the power of fertility, and I'm a super-soldier! I just had to look at her funny!''

Rhodey and Bruce nearly choke on their drink, letting out loud chuckles of amusement.

Natasha, Pepper and Bruce laugh brightly, while Tony nearly looses it.

Steve looks unbothered by it all, Freya fails to hide a few giggles escaping from her lips.

Thor narrows his eyes and quietly stares - with a pure death stare, you could add - at Steve.

''Congratulations!'' Banner is the first to shake of his laughter and send the couple a bright smile.

The rest quickly follow.

Except for Thor.

''Brother, I-''

A bright smile enters Thor's face, probably one of the first ones since the snap, and he quickly wraps his arms around Freya.

''I can't believe ou- my.. my baby sister is having a child!''

Our. Loki.

Freya let's out a happy giggle, wrapping her arms around her brother tightly.

''You'll be an uncle.''

''I'm so happy for you, Frey.''

The Goddess pulls back and sends him a smile, suddenly taking note of the light tear in his eyes.

''Don't give Steve too hard of a time.'' She mumbles, watching the whole team happily chat with him on their right.

''I'm sure he'll be a wonderful father.''

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

''This'll be a little cold.''

Freya nods, carefully watching the Doctor put some jelly on her slightly swollen stomach.

She had certainly looked up strangely when Captain America and Freya Odinsdottir had stepped into the hospital.

''Now, since you're a.. Goddess and you're a... super-soldier, I'm not totally sure how this pregnancy will go. Are their any- uh- Asgardian experts on this?''

''I'll ask Selkath.'' Freya smiles in response.

Finally, the black and white image of their baby appeared onto the screen in front of them.

Steve's mouth falls agape and his hand reaches for Freya's, who's watching the screen with a wide smile.

''Would you like to be alone for a moment?'' The Doctor - Doctor Miller - asks with a smile.

Steve and Freya breathlessly nod.

The Goddess turns to the Captain with a huge smile on her lips, but it falls when she sees his eyebrows are furrowed together.

''Hero?'' She slowly asks.

''I don't see it.'' He mumbles.

''What?'' Freya chuckles slightly.

''I don't see it!''

The Goddess can't help but let out a giggle, throwing her head back in amusement as she watches his look of distress.

''Oh, Steve.'' She laughs wholeheartedly.

''Do you see that small bean-like black spot?'' Freya smiles as she grabs his hand.

''Uh-huh.'' Steve breathlessly nods, keeping his eyes plastered on the screen.

''Hero, that's it.''

''That's it?!''

''Yes.'' Freya chuckles. ''Oh,'' he mumbles.

''So that's our baby?''

A huge smile plays on his lips.

''Yes, that's our baby.''

A matching one appears on hers.

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

''Marry me, Frey, please.''

Marry me.

The words ring in her ears like a melody she was born for, her head spins and her eyes focus on his lips.

The couple had been laying calmly on their bed in their new home, when Steve said he had a surprise.

Freya had raised an eyebrow, looking at him suspiciously as he stood up.

''You'll see!'' He had smiled.

3 hours later, Steve was down on one knee on a floor covered in rose petals and candles and Asgardian flowers - an old Asgardian flower grower managed to grow some on Earth.

He had asked for Thor's blessing first, because he is the closest, and only, family Freya has.

The God smiled brightly, his eyes shined of joy in a way Steve had never seen before.

''Of course you have my blessing, Steve.''

The Goddess of Love and War walks forward, when she sees Sam bumping Steve's side and whispering something to him.

''When are you gonna ask?'' Wilson mutters, making the Captain's eyes slightly widen.

''Shut up.'' Rogers hastily whispers back, keeping up a straight smile to Freya. Steve hands are stuffed in his pockets, his fingers softly tracing the rounding of the engagement ring in it.

''Okay, sorry, man.'' Sam mutters back, a fake smile also on his lips as the Goddess walks up to them.

He planned to do it long ago. Right before she left because of her nightmares about Asgard falling ruïnes, actually.

Sam had encouraged him, of course. As long as he got to be the best man.

Steve had smiled and nodded, seeming he had already planned on doing so.

Things were different now.

Snapping out of his trance, Steve hopefully looks up at Freya.

Her eyes are wide in shock and her hand flies to her mouth with a gasp.

''Yes! Yes! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!''

The Goddess giggles happily through her tears, her eyes following Steve's hand as he puts the beautiful engagement ring on her finger.

Freya hastily grabs his collar and makes Rogers stand up, before crashing her lips into his feverishly.

When they pull apart, their faces of pure joy mirror eachother's.

''I love you.'' Steve mumbles.

''I love you too. I'll love you forever.''

''Forever, wow. Thats a long time.''

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.1K 1.9K 23
❝like a phoenix, from the ashes she rises.❞ [the avengers: infinity war - the avengers: endgame] [oc x t'challa] [oc x steve rogers] [oc x peter park...
100K 2.4K 39
You know, Captain America and Iron Man,right? Just something a little more private from their life ;) A mix of a huge fantasy world. You will experie...
91.4K 3.4K 27
When Steve saved her, he didn't think he would grow so attached. When Steve left her, she didn't think she'd survive. (AU themes) Steve x OC. Eventu...
1.1M 28.9K 69
You're a 25-year-old girl living in Brooklyn along with your childhood best friends Steve and Bucky, and you're working at the SSR with your cousin P...