Drowning In The Dark (Broken...

By Seventhjoul

The story of young girl being born by the rape of her mother and struck with her 4 brothers as her mom died g... More

End of their misery
Breaking The News
Breakfast and School
Home- thats what they called it
End of Costella
A refuge.
The real talk
Your dad?
Spaghetti and TV
Voices in my head
Am I sick?
A Reality Check
Sabrina & Sebastian!?
Cufflinks or Tie?
Most Precious of them All
Stubbornness lands you in trouble.
Confrontation and Confessions
A Vanidestine
Tête-à-Tête
A Mistake
Dex and Ira
You- who love me the most.
A Truth woven in lies
'Some words should be left unspoken.'
Snooping Around
Back to the Square
Feelings
Princess's Don't cry
An Angel
When the love knocks on dark castle gates
Office and a cup of coffee
My Fight for your love
Simply Love
My Darkest days
One grand fall
A new Era
That pure love
The meaning
If you are waiting for me.
Our Prize
The Youngest Pair
The final war
Be Alright
My Rules for my game.
If You all are here.
BROKEN HEIRS #2
ANNOUNCEMENT

One Peculiar Family

20.7K 781 163
By Seventhjoul

Shaira was hoping for the best. How irritating Alkov would be for her but she knew one thing he would not kill her for sure. Passing the most beautiful yet crowded roads in Milan.

Shaira could see a row of café- well expensive café. She could imagine how overpriced that would be but that did not undermine the beauty of them. Every café was vibrant yet different in its way. Shaira could not help but awe at the sight.

Alkov was watching Shaira. Her eyes were mirroring the shine of the golden lights decorating the side posts.
As the winters were in full bloom. You could see snow washing over each and everything. His mind snapped back to Shaira as he saw her touching a snowflake which has fallen on the window pane. A small smile blooming on her face. He could not understand how small things could make someone so happy.

He stopped the car when they came close to their family's usual outing place. His family was a sucker for good food and here was the best food you could grab. He often visited that café with her brothers. Its décor was mesmerizing.

"Where are we going?"

Shaira said as she snap her head towards Alkov.

"Bistro Cafè. I am hungry." Alkov said as he parked the car.

"And I am not. I will go home by bus." Shaira said as she got out of the car. To whom she is kidding? There would be hell to find a bus station in a posh area like this. Her hand shivered.

So cold.

Before she could move away. She was caught by her hoodie cap.

"Why do you need to hop around like a bunny?"

What the fuck.

"Did you just call me a rabbit?" Shaira said facing Alkov. Her eyes narrowed.

"Yes. I did."

Shaira put both of her hands in her hair and growled in frustration.

"You are so infuriating. Did I complain?"

Shaira said. Before the conversation could escalate. It was interrupted by Shaira's sneeze.

Alkov's abruptly playful face suddenly dampen to a serious face.

"You will come with me to the café." He said as she was dragged inside the café. Alkov could feel his sister's freezing hand. The cold in Italy is merciless.

As soon as they get inside the café. Shaira sighed in the warmth of the heaters. Her eyes widened with the intake of décor.
She could imagine delegates from multinational companies coming here for dining.

Alkov guided her to their private lounge. This was their family's favorite restaurant. So, they wanted a private space to enjoy the food without the eyes of the public.

As soon as they reach the door. Shaira became wide as saucers as she saw a tall built chiseled man standing there. She unconsciously moved behind her brother. She didn't know why but a man with a big build scared her.

Alkov could sense Shaira's discomfort as he silently ordered the guard to back down. His eyes were still on his sister.

As they opened the gate. Shaira wanted to just run out of there because inside sitting was her other two brothers lavishly enjoying their meals.

Ezra and Maximus were always the two who bond the most. Close in the ages. When Dexton and Alkov needed to man up and work for the company. They were the two who were left alone at a palace-like home. So spending time with each other was the only thing they can do and now that they have grown. They still needed time to themselves to strengthen their bonds.

Ezra's eyes snapped toward the invaders.
He was surprised to see Shaira with his eldest brother. Of all the things known in Vanedestine's house, it was sure that Alkov and Shaira were polar apart. They seethed at the sight of each other.

Shaira knew the second she enter the room. They had just interrupted their private time. They were chatting with smiles on their face. Shaira knew that these brothers did not get time for each other and of all Shaira knew because of the past animosity she had faced from them.

She remembered countless times when she had accidentally ruined their good time by showing her face to them.

"I think I should go.  You all should get some private time."

Alkov's eyebrow arched. Shaira had this lonesome expression on her face. Alkov knew right away.

Before Shaira could move out of the lounge. Alkov caught her by her hoodie cap again.

Not again.

Shaira thought as she was dragged by her cap to the couch.

"Please sit. We would love to have dinner with you." Ezra said as she came close to the couch.

Shaira sighed as she looked at her brother. She despise her brothers but she did not know when she started hating Ezra a tad bit less than others.

Shaira knew her ability to read people was good. The sheer sincerity in Ezra's eyes was not a lie. She could bet on that.
He was the most human in all of them but nonetheless a monster.

As the menu  was passed in her hands. Alkov settles down too besides Shaira.

"When did you guys get here?"

"Ezra picked me up from the gym we were tired so we decided to dine out today," Maximus said looking curiously at Shaira who was absentmindedly flipping pages.

Well, Vanedestine household meals were no less the Michelin star restaurant. Shaira thought.

"That's good," Alkov said.

As Shaira was skimming through the pages of the menu. She could see a variety of food. The more dishes than a normal café served.

"Wasn't it supposed to be a café? It has more dishes than the entire restaurant." Shaira mumbled.

As the three-man was subconsciously focused on her. It was heard by them.

"Yes, that's true but you could choose anything from the menu," Maximus said.

Shaira gasped as her focus was broken suddenly. Maximus had done the most bullying to her. It was a fact that his build had made her scared.

"Do you want something special?" Maximus asked but Shaira scooted over to Alkov. An action that does not go unnoticed by them.

"I am not hungry." She simply said putting the menu in Alkov's hands.

"You did not eat anything for lunch too. Pick something." Alkov said narrowing his eyes on her.

"Wait- what?" Ezra said.

"You are skipping meals."

"No! I am not. It's just I don't feel very hungry these days." Shaira immediately regretted what she had said when she the look on Ezra's face. His face was showing pure lines of worry.

She did not want him like that.

"Ok. I will eat anything without meat." Shaira said. After almost dying because of it, a small reminder wouldn't hurt, right?

"Ok then. Good. I will order food." Ezra smiled as everyone start giving their orders too.

As they were waiting for food. The conversation started with Ezra's hospital to Maximus' gym to every other topic. When the topic of investment by Vanedestine Corp was termed by Alkov. Shaira's eyes shoot up.

Her interest in these subjects was immense and who does not love some inside gossips of such a big corp.

"Why don't you invest in US markets more?"

Before Alkov could answer. Shaira phone rang. Her eyes furrowed.

"Who would call her now?" She thought.

Her screen flashed Sabrina. Why would Sabrina call her?

As everyone's attention was now on her. She countered.

"Can I take the call? It's from a friend in school."

"Yes, sure," Alkov said.

Shaira moved from the couch and outside the lounge. Her hands immediately swiped green.

"Hey, Shaira." Sabrina's monotonous voice came from the phone.

"Hii Sabrina. Anything urgent?" Shaira smiled. She had just got her first call from a friend in school.

"Yes, actually just wanted to inform you that the consent for the Annual pristine Musician examination that you submitted to the office has been rejected," Sabrina said her voice disappointed.

"Wait-why?" Shaira asked.

"They need your family member's signature for that. You have signed it on your own." Sabrina said.

"But As a music society president. I could do that."

"No, you can't babe. The teacher had asked me to tell you as this is an interschool championship. You are not allowed to sign your paper." Sabrina said. Shaira had become such a precious friend of hers in such a short time.

Shaira sighed. She unconsciously moved towards the door of the café. Standing outside the café, her cheeks were red. Her hands were cold. Her eyes were red trying to control her tears.

She was frustrated with how she now cries so easily. She did not want to go to any of her brothers for that fucking signature. She was self-dependent or so she thought. She is tired of fighting and backing them.

Her arms hugged her body. She needed to go inside and ask for their help again. She sighed as the snow started to pour again.

As snowflakes descend on her nose tip. A hot breath that hides thousands of her emotions of her.

"Ira!?"

Her head snapped towards the familiar voice. In front of her was standing Dexton and all of his glory.

What the fuck is this? They decided to come here together or what?

Shaira swiftly wiped her tears. She has become weak. Shedding more tears than she ever had. If the so-called attention hurt her so much then she was better off without it. Without love.

Dexton had swiftly pulled an overcoat on her.

"What are you doing here!? It's almost minus 2 degrees."

Shaira did not say anything as Dexton rubbed her hands with his. Swiftly pulling him in his warm hug. Shaira could not help but melt in it.

Her cold nose pressed against his warm chest. She does not know why but she could not come to hate it. Although She was contradicting herself again and again.

"Has your mind diverted from where it was?"

Shaira's eyes snapped towards her big brother how could he know what was going on with her with a single look?

"Yes" 

The answer was monotonous. Not giving away anything yet proving him right. She was indeed in deep thought.

"Which one of them is here with you? They need a strong lesson on how to take care of you."

"All of them are here. Alkov dragged me here but we met Ezra and Maximus in the lounge."

"Then let's give them a strong lesson."

Shaira gave him a weird look as he hold her hand and enter the café along with her. She did not want to go in there but nothing could save her from this. As Dexton opened the lounge. Everyone's face showed a knowing grin.

"Welcome brother!" Maximus said.

"You came even faster than I had expected," Alkov smirked.

"I was passing through here." Dexton said as he rubbed his forehead. Shaira's confrontation with him was an eye-opener. Looking straight at her, Dexton knew something was not right with her. Something that had made her more aloof than normal. She was just blankly staring at the wall. Dexton had never felt so guilty. A beautiful bud that was meant to be grown in a loving environment had grown up in such harsh conditions. Dexton could never forgive himself for that.

"What are you thinking?" Maximus asked as Shaira unconsciously leaned her head to his side. The one who had interacted very less with Shira along with this all-signature charade was Maximus.

He was afraid. The sense which was knocked in them by his eldest brother was enough for him to finally realize how incredibly he had fucked up. He did not know how to face a person to whom he had hurt so much. 

"Nothing" Shaira answered. Her thoughts were all around the competition. The last day for submission was tomorrow. Of course, that's why Sabrina had called her so urgently. Tomorrow school was eight-thirty sharp. She had to get new papers from the office and get them signed by one of her brothers and they will need a whole explanation for that too. 

"Shay?"  Ezra shook her shoulder.

"Hmm?" Her eyes snapped towards her brother. Now that she noticed all her brothers were now looking at her waiting for the answer.

"I asked you three times, what happened?" Ezra said sitting beside her. Getting no answer from her. He sighed and finally asked.

" Who was on the call and what did he say to you?" Shaira's eyes became focused again. 

"I want the name of that person. Did someone bully you?" Dexton asked. his eyes got darker as he asked the question. He would not spare that person just by monetary loss this time.

Shaira's heart raced. Everyone in the room was intimidating as it is and in their interrogating mode even the devil would confess their sins, so who was she?

"My music competition-" Shira stopped reminding herself. She should not talk to them about her so much. She would get hurt at last.

"Nothing. Just some school work." Shaira said.

"Are you kidding me? What music competition?" Alkov said his voice serious yet soft.

Shaira remained silent. Trying to find any excuse for the slip.

"Please tell us, Shay. I don't want to disturb your principal this late at night." Ezra said. Shaira knew he would call her principal if he did not get an answer.

"Our school is organizing Annual Pristine Musician. I signed the consent papers as music society president but they had to nullify it. I need one of your signatures for the consent or otherwise, I will be disqualified. On top of that, the last day of submission is tomorrow until noon. I don't know what to do." Shaira said. Her voice is sad.

"So What's the problem? I will come with you to school tomorrow and sign the papers for you." Ezra said. Shaira's eyes shined. No one could tell how sad would she be if she had gotten disqualified even before she started.

"Would you really do that for me?"

Ezra's eyes soften as he patted her head. 

"I will do anything for you." Even I was late in that. Ezra said gobbling up half of the sentence.

"Can we come to see you win?" Maximus asked. His eyes flickering to her and on the floor.

"Competition had not even started yet." Shira said.

"But I am sure you will win." Dexton said looking straight in Shaira's eyes. The respect and love she had longed for so long had been clearly shown in his eyes but unfortunately, it was too late for her to turn back and became the same girl she was once before.

"Of course," Alkov said looking at her.

Shaira just gave them the tiniest of smiles. Yes, She will never forgive them and her plan to go away was still her priority but she will remember all these moments as one peculiar family.

......

300k reads. Guys, I don't know how to thank you for that. Even with the slow update for which I sincerely apologize people have still read the story. I will defiantly work harder and bring it to an end. Like and vote for this chapter too.

As this month marked 1 year of this book. Can I get 350 comments all about your thoughts on this book and your theories?

Thank you so much again

ly all

Bye.

"Oh and don't forget comments please." •*U☆*: .。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Family By ᴀꜱʜ

Teen Fiction

138K 4.8K 39
A once happy family, now drifting apart. People who hate him with a burning passion but love his twin. Just what happened to make them drift apart an...
43.2K 955 15
Everyone's given a life at random. We don't ask for it, we don't even get a say. We just have to suck it up and live with what we have. Some luckier...
209K 5.8K 43
*Completed*(not edited yet) WHY ME ? I also deserved to be loved .. And now I am slowly dying but I have no one in my side . I just want one time...
6.3M 185K 76
Being thrown away in the garbage in a dark alleyway in London when she was only a baby, she should have died that day... But she didn't.. instead, a...