Lyra Throne

By writingqueen30

In a World where Mafias rule society, Violence, Torture, brutality, and Power, are the key to success in a wo... More

✦ NEW STORY UPDATE!! ✦
✦ P R O L O G U E ✦
✦ C H A P T E R - O N E ✦
✦ C H A P T E R - T W O ✦
✦ C H A P T E R - T H R E E ✦
✦ C H A P T E R - F I V E ✦
✦ C H A P T E R - S I X ✦
✦ C H A P T E R - S E V E N ✦

✦ C H A P T E R - F O U R ✦

205 6 1
By writingqueen30

Author's Note:

Hello, peaches!

Friday's update! Hope you all like this chapter!

Enjoy Reading!

Yours, WQ ❤︎

Flashback:

I was cooped up in my room as always, I really hoped that one of my brothers would come to me and talk.

But I don't think that they ever would.

As I thought of their faces which held so much disgust and hate, I almost started to cry.

You are strong Lyra, I reminded myself.

They say that I am a burden and a curse to them.

What I did ever do to deserve a life like this?

My door barged open and I didn't know what to do, who could it be at 10 pm in the night and without any knock?

I looked up to find my worst nightmare.

I started to shake as I saw him, it was him.

He would take advantage of me again, what should I do?

"Hello girl, missed me?" that man said giving me that smile that shakes me to the core.

"No no, please don't do anything to me" I pleaded to him with tears.

There was no use for me to do anything.

I didn't know what he would do.

He took his belt out and started to hit me.

I screamed out loud as I couldn't take it anymore. He started to hit harder after I started to scream.

So I tried to muffle my screams.

It hurts.

Everything feels so exhausting.

"P-lease s-stop, s-ir. P-lease, p-lease d-on't d-o t-his" I finally stuttered out.

"What is that girl?" he snarled.

"How dare you disrespect me you filthy bitch!" he said.

He started to take his things off.

I started to scream and thrash around but he didn't leave me

He took off my clothes too, I was bare-naked in front of him.

"PLEASE STOP" I shouted at him.

But that only continued him to go faster.

"AHHH STOP" I tried again.

"Bambina wake up!" I heard someone yell.

"Wake up little flower, please. Please just open your eyes" I heard another voice say. \

"NOO PLEASE STOP" I yelled

"AHH STOP"

I suddenly shot awake and started to shiver, I didn't know what was going to happen to me.

I just sobbed.

I sobbed for my lost childhood, my purity, my parents, the love I craved, and my brothers and sister.

I sobbed until I couldn't anymore.

I felt three pairs of hands holding me as I sobbed into them.

"It's ok amor, let it out" I heard the same voice from the morning, I think he was Thazaldir. Say.

"It's ok bambina, we got you" I heard another voice say.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I heard someone ask.

I shook my head frantically.

Tears started to pour out of my eyes again and I let them, there was nobody who comforted me or even asked if they could hear what happened in my life before.

I was terrified of them but I couldn't help myself when they showed my care and love.

Am I right to trust them?

They didn't give me a reason not to.

But past experiences showed me that I could never trust someone, what should I do?

All I want is someone to love me and care for me.

Am I so worthless that nobody doesn't even care for me?

I hugged him tighter and sobbed harder, I felt his arms wrap around me tightly as he ran his hand through my hair trying to soothe me.

"I a-m s-orry. I a-m p-athetic, I s-houldn't h-ave r-uined y-our s-leep t-oo. P-lease j-ust l-eave m-e, y-ou p-robably d-on't e-ven w-ant t-o s-ee m-e" I stuttered out.

I heard them all take a sharp breath.

Thazaldir's hands on me tightened but not in a hurtful way or anything.

"Amor, don't say you are pathetic, that nightmare wasn't just nothing. You were thrashing and yelling for someone to stop doing something, do you think you are a burden? If so why would we ever take you in then? We care for you so stop blaming yourself for every small thing" I heard him say.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, did they care about me?

Why would anyone care for you? When all you have been was nothing but a burden to anyone, my mind mocked me.

Maybe she was right, maybe I am a burden.

"Stop thinking that nonsense, I know what's going through that head of yours. YOu are not a burden and more importantly, sleep is not more important than my little flower ok?" I heard someone I believe was Giovanni say.

I nodded softly and hugged Thazaldir tighter.

Whenever I am around him, he gives me a sense of comfort and warmth.

Maybe that's what it feels like to hug someone who cares for you, I thought to myself.

"Come on little flower, you should go to sleep now. If you don't want to tell us that's ok with us. But you have to tell us about what happened to you someday when you are ready ok bambina?" I heard a deep voice which I presume is Romano saying.

"O-k" I stuttered out.

I haven't spoken in years, I guess that's why I am stuttering my words.

I sighed mentally.

"can y-ou- can y-ou s-leep h-ere w-ith m-e t-oday?" I asked Thazaldir.

I stiffed up for a moment but he said, "Yes of course"

I felt all giddy on the inside, he said yes!

Someone picked me up and placed me on the bed and tucked me under the covers.

I felt the side side of the bed dip and I felt him snuggling up to me.

I hesitantly wrapped my arms around his torso and put my head on his chest as I closed my eyes.

"Awww! They look so cute! I am jealous, I also want to cuddle with them!"

"Will you all just shut up!" I heard a grumpy voice say from beside me.

I woke to some noises and as I rubbed my eyes and yawned I could practically feel the stares they were giving me.

"Aww you are so cute bambina" I heard Cassian say.

"Shut up Cass" I heard Thazaldir say grumpily as he pulled me closer to him.

I squealed as he pulled me closer unexpectedly.

I heard him chuckle at my misery and I pouted.

"Aww," I heard three people say.

I tried to wiggle out of his iron grip because I needed to go to the bathroom urgently.

"Stop moving little flower," Thazaldir said.

"I need to go to the bathroom," I said without stuttering for the first time.

I couldn't believe that I didn't stutter at all.

"Alright you can go," he said as he removed his iron grip on me.

I quickly scrambled out of bed but as I took another step I wobbled and was about to fall but someone picked me up fast enough before I could meet the ground.

I wrapped my hands around their neck as they took me to wherever the bathroom was.

"Here you go amor" I heard Giovanni say.

"Tha-thank you," I said softly.

I headed inside trying to stabilize myself without falling.

I finished my business and tried to brush my teeth and clean up myself.

I walked out of the bathroom and tried to locate where the bed was but I had no clue where to go since this room was very unfamiliar to me.

"Come here bambina, take 10 steps to your left and turn right. Yow will find the bed" I heard Thazaldir give me instructions.

I felt relieved that he didn't look down on me like everyone does.

I followed his directions and I could spot the bed near me as soon as I turned right.

I quickly climbed up and walked towards Thazaldir.

"Can I get some clothes? I want to take a shower" I asked him timidly.

"Anything you want little flower," he said.

He suddenly picked me up in his arms and started to walk somewhere.

I didn't get scared anymore, he did this so often that I am used to their sudden surprises. Like lifting me up or hugging me.

I wondered where he was taking me.

I heard noises becoming louder as we headed to the place he was taking me.

He placed me down on something soft and I heard a few "Good Mornings" as I sat down.

"Good Morning," I said to everyone.

"Hey bambina, I hope you slept well. I am sure Thaz had a great sleep today, he basically slept like a baby" I heard Cassian snicker.

"Shut up," Thazaldir says.

"I know you love it when we tease you big bro" Cass continued his taunting.

I heard a few chuckles resonate throughout the house.

I quietly giggled at their interaction.

"What do you want to eat for breakfast today amor? I will make anything you want. All you need to do is order" I heard Giovanni say.

I just shrugged.

I didn't particularly care what they gave me, usually back home I would always get leftovers of anything they would eat.

But the thought of him asking me what I want really touched me.

"I am ok with anything," I said in a low voice.

"Well, then I will make you my favorite! What do you say amor?" I heard him as me again.

I gave him a nod.

"Alright!" he squealed like a teenager.

I could hear him humming to himself as he busied himself in work.

Sometimes I really wished I could see the world like the others.

Although I may be blind and disabled I never really depended on anyone ever after everything that happened.

Rosie, she was the only person who I ever trusted and she was the only person that treated me like a human being.

I really miss her so much.

I sighed audibly.

"What's got you in a dumpy mood Lyra?" I heard Cass ask.

Lyra. Nobody had ever called me the way he just did, with so much care and worry about me.

"It's nothing," I said trying to dismiss his curiosity.

"No it is something, you look sad as if someone killed your puppy" I heard Romano say.

His voice always gives me shivers.

"It's just I really miss my caretaker, Rosie, she was the only person who ever treated me with love and affection. She was like a mother and I really miss her" I said sadly.

For some reason speaking to them felt so natural and I loved it.

I never even talked to Rosie this way, I would only nod and shake my head.

Rosie would be so proud of me right now.

"Ohh are you talking about the lady who calmed you down that day?" I heard Thazaldir ask.

I nodded.

"Ohh we asked her to come here and quit her job at the Throne household. You don't need to worry amor, she will be here with all your belongings by tomorrow evening" I heard Thazaldir say.

A smile almost threatened to break out but instead, I cried.

I tried to locate where he was and threw myself at him.

He looked taken aback but wrapped his arms around me too.

"Don't worry angel, you should be happy not cry" I heard Cassian say.

I sniffled a little and nodded.

I drew back from the hug and gave him a huge smile.

"Thank you so much" I thanked them.

"You don't need to thank us, love, you are our responsibility now" Romano stated.

I nodded.

"Do you wanna go and explore the house and get yourself used to your environment? I heard from your caretaker that you will be able to remember everything quickly once you learn where everything around the house is. I think it's best you know your way around so you don't get lost, what do you say amor?" I heard Xeres ask.

"Ok," I replied.

LYRA THRONE

After the tour, I asked Xeres and Cassian if I could just come around by myself for a bit, they seemed reluctant at first but crumbled after.

They really couldn't say no to me.

So, right now I was just roaming around listening to the wind and the sounds around me.

I was walking down a hallway as far as I can recognize it, I don't think they took me to this side of their mansion but being the curious person I am I couldn't help myself but walk towards the eerily quiet hallway.

"Hey! Girl what are you doing here?" I heard a voice yell at me.

The way he talked reminded me of someone else but I just shrugged the feeling off.

"I was just exploring around," I said softly.

"Are you the new girl the Lombardino family brought?" he asked again.

I nodded at him.

"Are you blind or something, why are you walking near the wall?" he said coldly.

I was silent for a moment.

Although I had no clue who he was he just seemed very familiar to me, his voice and the way he spoke.

When he asked me that question, I wanted to laugh at myself.

"Yes I am blind" I replied.

He didn't talk for some time after that so I just continued walking imagining that he probably just left.

"Wa-wait!" he suddenly said.

"Alright, I am sorry for speaking to you that way. I can help you come on" he said.

"How can I trust you?" I countered back.

He chuckled.

"Well, I was also found by the Lombardino brothers, and ever since I have lived here. You can trust me. I am one of the most trusted members of their mafia and a good friend" he said softly.

"Alright fine!" I said and motioned for him to walk next to me.

We continued to walk to god knows where, but none of us spoke anything.

"Soooo" he drawled.

"Ya?" I asked.

"What's your name little girl?" he asked.

"Hey! I am not little and my name is Lyra" I said grumpily.

For some reason, I felt like I could be myself around him. I was never this jovial around anyone before.

He seemed to be an exception in this case because I feel like I can tell anything to him.

"I am Ace," he said as he put his hands in his pocket.

"Nice to meet you Ace" I replied smiling a little in his direction.

"Ya same here" he replied with a sad undertone in his voice.

"Hey, what happened? Why are you sad all of a sudden?" I asked him curiously.

"How did you know that I was sad?" Ace asked.

"I don't really know. Somehow I just know" I said.

I giggled a little thinking about it and he started to chuckle along with me.

"So how old are you Lyra?" Ace asked.

"16, you?" I replied.

"Hey! Me too!" he said happily.

"By the way what were you doing wandering around all by yourself when you know, you were ah" Ace was struggling to call me blind.

"It ok you can say it, it doesn't really bother me all that much," I said softly as I passed him a small smile.

"Well, the reason I was wandering was because I wanted to explore this place by myself a little more and when I was walking I could hear the eerie quietness of this hallway so I was curious and started to walk towards it and then I met you!" I said.

"Come on! I will show you my favorite place in this entire mansion" he said and pulled me along.

He took my hand and started to speed walk somewhere.

After the twists and turns, he finally opened a door and led me inside.

"You know I can't see right" I deadpanned.

"Ya ya I know, but I am sure you will love what is inside this room," Ace said excitedly.

"If you say so," I said.

"Do you like music?" Ace asked randomly.

"I don't like it, I LOVE it" I exclaimed happily.

"Really?" he asked excitedly.

"Ya!" I replied.

"Well actually you are standing in the middle of a music room," he said sheepishly.

I gasped, "WHAT!?" I exclaimed.

"Oww my ears" he whined.

I walked around trying to familiarize myself with the room and Ace probably got the memo to help me out here.

"Well let me give you a tour of the room!" he said and started to animately chat away about how he loved music and instruments.

He finally led me towards a piano, I immediately let go of his hand and walked towards the chair to play the piano.

I ignored his questioning gaze and continued what I was doing.

I wanted to play a song that I love so much.

I started to play the piano.

START SONG

I can almost see it

That dream I'm dreaming

But there's a voice inside my head saying

You'll never reach it

Every step I'm taking

Every move I make feels

Lost with no direction

My faith is shaking

But I, I gotta keep trying

Gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountain

I'm always gonna wanna make it move

Always gonna be an uphill battle

Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there

Ain't about what's waiting on the other side

It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing

The chances I'm taking

Sometimes might knock me down, but

No, I'm not breaking

I may not know it

But these are the moments, that

I'm gonna remember most, yeah

Just gotta keep going

And I, I gotta be strong

Just keep pushing on, 'cause

There's always gonna be another mountain

I'm always gonna wanna make it move

Always gonna be an uphill battle

Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there

Ain't about what's waiting on the other side

It's the climb

Yeah

There's always gonna be another mountain

I'm always gonna wanna make it move

Always gonna be an uphill battle

Sometimes you're gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there

Ain't about what's waiting on the other side

It's the climb

Yeah, yeah

Keep on moving, keep climbing

Keep the faith, baby

It's all about, it's all about the climb

Keep your faith, keep your faith

Whoa

END SONG

As soon as I finished the song, I was attacked into a hug by someone.

I didn't know what to do, but when I heard them break down into sobs, it really started to scare me.

"A-ce, a-re y-ou o-k? Why are you crying? Ohh god did I do something wrong? Was my playing that bad?-" Before I could continue rambling he cut me off.

"No silly, your playing was amazing, I just- is this how you really feel? I can feel you pour out your emotions into this song. Lyra, please talk to me" Ace said as he continued to sob on my shoulder.

"No, I mean yes. Ya, this is how I really feel all the time. But you don't need to cry, please stop crying" I pleaded to him.

He hugged me tighter but stopped crying, I couldn't help but hug him back.

It broke my heart to see him like that, for some reason it felt like home as soon as I hugged him. I felt safe as if I belonged there.

I didn't think it was anything romantic or anything but I felt a brotherly feeling toward him, a person I could trust just like Thazaldir and the others.

I hope he won't leave me like everyone else did. 

✴︎✴︎✴︎✴︎✴︎

AESTHETICS OF THE CHAPTER

✴︎✴︎✴︎✴︎✴︎

Author's Note:

Hello Peaches!

~ 3270 Words ~

I hope you all really liked this chapter! How do you like it so far?

Comments? Questions?

✴︎✴︎✴︎

My Writing Updates Schedule:

The next update is next Wednesday!

pssst... I may or may not update another chapter in a day hehe

✴︎✴︎✴︎

Have fun reading!

Yours, WQ ❤︎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

299K 7K 29
This story really have a lot of grammar mistakes but I'll edit it as soon as possible. So, if you are a grammar freak.. DO NOT READ THIS STORY. A...
1.4K 24 25
"I mean yes we're already engaged and are going to be married but it wasn't our choice. But what was our choice was falling for each other. " • Amay...
2.2M 54.1K 195
Valentina Williams that is the girls name of this story, or at least she thought it was. Turns out that her whole life is a lie. Her real name was Va...
Broken By

Teen Fiction

259K 4.8K 40
A broken girl who fights all her own battles, alone. she owns her own mafia and people see her as sadistic, heartless and cruel. no one has ever seen...