Meeting My Ex Husband

由 kbizzaze60

"Don't do this to me Lionel. Am six months pregnant." I begged my husband to not leave me but it seems he had... 更多

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Note
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 36

2.8K 75 8
由 kbizzaze60

Monique opened her eyes to the sounds of beeping machines around her. Her eyes were a bit blurry because of the sudden light that evaded her eyes. "How do you feel Ms. Monique?" Monique turned to the sound of the deep voice and was face to face with a man.

Judging by his white coat and stethoscope hanging around his neck, she could seduce he was the doctor in charge. Her mind was still hazy and couldn't put things right until afterwards realized she had a scheduled appointment for her surgery. She felt pains in her body but they were faintly and something she could handle.

She turned her face to the doctor, "Doctor, was..the surgery successful?" She asked slightly panicking inside and dreading for the doctor's answer. Her mother had convinced her to go through with the surgery and have a long life in order to get Lionel back. She was going to be upset if the surgery wasn't successful which meant her plans would have been ruined especially now when she and Lionel were no longer married.

Doctor Vincent smiled down at her and that assured a sigh of relief making her gasp out. "Yes Ms. Monique. The surgery was a success and your cancerous cells have been removed just in time. The procedure was successful." She parted her lips and was breathing through her mouth as well very excited by the news. She couldn't believe she was going to be cured. She thought she didn't have a long life in her destiny but somehow it wasn't in her destiny and she had a chance at life.

She giggled and held her mouth to control her bubbling laughter. She was over the moon with the news and couldn't express her joys for long as she felt the pain in her body increase. "Take it easy Ms Monique you just had surgery and need lots of rest. I'll administer a sedative soon after." The doctor said.

"But can't you get me a painkiller for the pain doctor?" She asked. Doctor Vincent shooked his head in denial. "No. You just had surgery and need physical rest. No painkillers. Deal with the pain for a while but be assured you're out of danger and are perfectly healthy at this point." He smiled and Monique nodded and giggled a little.

"Your mother's outside but we'll let you see her as soon as we do a last round check up on you." Doctor Vincent said and Monique nodded.

Rosalinda walked into her room shortly after and Monique smiled seeing her mother walk through the door with a laugh on her face. Monique straightened her body and laid her back on the pillows behind her.

"My darling. The doctor told me everything..." Rosalinda had tears in her eyes and took slow walks towards Monique giving off the impression of how she couldn't believe that her daughter was now to be free from cancer. It was a miracle it happened.

She reached her and hugged her tightly. Monique groaned in pain feeling her mother crushing her organs and patted her back to notify her. "oops, am so sorry dear." Rosalinda pulled away and Monique saw tears filling her eyes. "Mom am fine now. Am all better. You can't cry anymore now because am not going to leave this world nor you anytime soon." Monique held her mother's hand and they both chuckled afterwards.

"And how do you feel?" Rosalinda asked her.

"Am super mom. Am elated to finally have my life back without any restrictions and a chance to be with Lionel again," Rosalinda's smile vanished instantly after hearing Monique's reply.

"Sweetie please. When are you going to drop the subject with Lionel. You two are divorced and he wants nothing to do with you." Rosalinda said and Monique got her happy mood turned sour instantly. She hated this side of her mother telling her to forget Lionel. She might try to but she knew she couldn't. His name and everything was engraved in her heart. She adored and loved him to no ends and could do anything for him except to walk away from his life forever.

She knew she would die and didn't see the point of living if Lionel wasn't in her life. "Monique..."

"Please mom. Don't spoil my mood. Am going to win him back, I know I can. Am sure he'll soon love me in return when he sees am the only one who has stood by him in his loneliness while he cries for Eden." Monique spoke confidently. "And how are you so sure he'll notice you?" Rosalinda gave her a questioned look.

"Lionel is lonely because Eden's dating someone else and he'll need some emotional support. It'll be like old times when he was having issues with Eden back then and I was the only person to happily listen to his problems and offer a shoulder for him to cry on." Monique stared into space as she spoke out confidently and Rosalinda couldn't help but get worried for her. She didn't want her daughter getting hurt again by Lionel. It was clear he didn't love her and was only waiting for an opportunity to kick her daughter out of his life as soon as she was of no use to him anymore.

She wanted her daughter to move on in life and had secretly planned a small trip out of New York in the hopes of her getting Lionel out of her head and heart. "Don't you want to work again?" She asked Monique.

Monique nodded in response and smiled. She recalled her old job at a multinational firm while she dated Lucas back then. A smile graced her lips as she recalled a lot of fun memories at her workplace. She loved working and was ecstatic to get back to working again soon but most importantly she was jumping for joy within for life giving her a chance with Lionel. She could finally win him over and make him love her.

He was her passion in every sense. He was her rescuer when all seemed lost to her. When she drowned in her loneliness, he was there to pull her out. He made her see reason in living again even if it was just for a little while. But this time, she truly believed she had a chance with him as Eden was out of the picture and soon, probably out of his heart and life. After all who says two lonely hearts can't ease their pain and loneliness together.

"Well I think you should have a lot of bed rest as prescribed by the doctor and then can bounce back up and work. You have a new life now my dear. Don't waste it by giving yourself pain." Monique knew where her mom was going with this and who she meant when she said the word pain but wasn't ready to argue with her. She had a new zeal in life and that was to win back Lionel's love and have him fall in love with her.

She was planning to make sure she was going to be the only one Lionel would turn to when he realizes Eden's not in his grasps anymore. And, surely she was going to reach out and be available for him to confide on and trust. She had let him down by acting crazy in front of him and not wanting a divorce resulting in her chances almost being ruined but this time she thought to he smart and win him over from the very beginning.

****

Eden and Mia came down from the cab that parked in front of the court. Today was the day that Lionel was going to give his name to Mia officially and on paper.

They had planned to meet at the courthouse and sign all the legal documents to push forward the process. Eden was happy and glad that her daughter was going to get her father's name just as she wanted before she birthed Mia into this world.

She held unto Mia's hand and walked into the court premises. She looked around and was quick to spot Lionel having a conversation with an elderly black man in a dark suit. Lionel was also adorning a dark blue crisp suit with his hair gelled back making him look breathtaking. If she was the old Eden, her jaw would have dropped and her mouth would have watered before going into a deep trance after being enchanted by his masculinity and handsome face but right now, she felt nothing. Absolutely nothing for him.

The man she always stayed up all night in her room thinking about and how much power he held over her body, her heart and her inner soul. She loved him to bits. She loved him to the moon and back and the happiest day of her life was when she found out he reciprocated her feelings towards him as well.

Going back and reliving those memories in her mind wasn't good for her. Eden felt pain reliving those moments she onced held dearly and were precious to her. But her heart ached just thinking of her past with Lionel. She was finally over him and content with dating Julian at this point.

She wasn't in love with Julian but hoped she would be soon or it was going to be unfair to Julian to wait for her. She wasn't ready to open up her heart after Lionel's betrayal but decided to give Julian a chance with her fragile heart. She trusted Julian a lot and was sure he wasn't going to disappoint her nor hurt her.

Eden along with Mia walked to where Lionel was. It was as if he had sensed her presence, he turned around swiftly and met her green eyes. A smile unknowingly formed on his thin lips seeing her. She made him smile and was enough to turn his entire day into a good one. He was sure not to get angry nor scold any of his employees' mistakes today.

Eden returned his smile with hers and met with him. Lionel knelt down and picked up Mia throwing her slightly into the air. Mia giggled excitedly while Lionel laughed with her. Eden smiled seeing the father and daughter duo giggling together.

Lionel held Mia in his arms and turned to the man he was conversing with earlier to Eden.

"Eden, meet Mr Diesel. He's the person who will process all the documents and grant my last name to my princess." He turned to Mia and kissed her forehead tenderly.

"Nice to meet you Miss Eden." The black man extended his hands to her and Eden also extended her hands and smiled at the man in return.  "All the documents are ready and need both your signatures so I can file it." The man explained and led them to his private chamber inside the court.

The man opened his door and led them inside his chamber before excusing himself, "I'll be back in a minute Mr Bluebird. I'll get the documents right away. Please have a seat Miss." The man told Eden before walking out to fetch the documents.

Lionel pulled out a chair for her and Eden sat muttering a thank you to him which made Lionel smile. He hadn't forgotten what Eden told Julian at the hospital and since then, he had been restless about her confession. Lionel took a seat beside her and played with Mia. The chamber was silent all through and only Mia's giggles erupted sometimes when Lionel made a funny face in order to entertain her.

Eden scrolled through her phone and a message from Julian on Whatsapp popped up on her screen. She opened the message and smiled at the warm words he texted her. He always texted her and wrote how much he loved her and was glad he decided to be with him.

Lionel caught her smile and out of curiosity stretched his eyes only to have his heart swell in jealousy. Julian's name was shown on the top left corner of her Whatsapp and the message he sent. He swallowed audibly and looked away. He was hurt and felt weak just by the thought of merely Julian's message bringing out a smile on her face. It was heartbreaking for him to comprehend.

He couldn't bear to see her happy with someone else that wasn't him and that's why he always tried his best to avoid her but couldn't. She was Mia's mother which meant he had to see Eden and Julian together more often just like that day at the hospital and how she kissed him willingly. He couldn't stand the sight of what he saw and walked out of the hospital to inhale a sharp breath.

"I see he makes you smile. Nice." He couldn't refrain himself from speaking. Eden's smile wavered and she didn't respond. "Well...i hope he makes you feel happy and special within." He added but deep down he knew he didn't mean any of those words from the bottom of his heart. His heart sank down to his stomach as he spoke out each word drawing a sad feeling inside of him.

Eden bit her lip registering his words. She knew only one person was able to make her feel special inside. Only one person was able to make her whole insides jolt in so much excitement and a rush of emotions. Julian hadn't made her insides scream something special like he did in the past with her. But nonetheless she was willing to give her relationship with Julian all she got. She was willing to make it work and if possible create that special feeling erupt inside her for Julian.

Am happy because my book is getting some positive responses.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

307K 7.3K 32
"Abort it." "Excuse me ?" "Abort that thing inside of you!" He shouts in my face. I put my hands on his chest trying to put some space between us...
1 0 1
Six years after our breakup, I sat in his emergency room. "I'm pregnant, and the baby is yours." His face turned livid. "What kind of baby takes six...
200 4 35
Sometimes we have to do things we don't like for the people we love. That's what I did. I went against my own beliefs to help my family out of a horr...
105K 2.8K 12
'Mam , it seems that you're pregnant"Doctor Johnson spoke while looking down at his clipboard . My eyes grew huge as Tip gave me a death look . "I fe...