Meeting My Ex Husband

By kbizzaze60

"Don't do this to me Lionel. Am six months pregnant." I begged my husband to not leave me but it seems he had... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Note
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 35

3.3K 75 3
By kbizzaze60

"Please calm down honey, we're almost there." Julian turned to Eden who was panicking on the passenger's seat. She wasn't even wearing her seat belt and her mind went to her baby girl in the hospital. She bit her fingers anxiously and couldn't bear the fact that her little girl must be in pain and would need her mother by her side.

"How much more do we have to go Julian?" Eden was loosing her patience and was breathing heavily. She needed to be by her daughter's side right now. "Relax honey. Please..." Julian placed his palm on her lap while keeping his eyes stern on the road. He was driving as fast as he could but also couldn't avoid any traffic lights. He saw Eden wasn't wearing her seat belt and the last thing he wanted was for her to have troubles with the law so he drove moderately on the road.

They got to the hospital through the GPS tracker and Eden rushed out of the car and disappeared into the hospital while Julian got to packing the car over at the parking lot.

Eden rushed towards reception and gasping for air while she enquired about Mia. The receptionist told her Mia's room number. She raced up the stairs and found her room on the second floor. She barged in and her heart sank seeing her daughter on the bed. She laid her bandaged head on Lionel's lap while he stroked her black strands singing a lullaby to her.

Eden remained still at the doorway and watched the whole scene. Lionel had a worried look but he covered it with a smile and patted Mia's head softly. What Eden saw made her still to her spot. Seeing Lionel act like a father to their daughter was something to witness. She looked down to Mia and found her smiling and staring into her father's eyes. He had calmed her down after the fall. It turned out that Mia fell off from the carousel while Lionel stepped aside to attend to an official call. She had a bad fall and hit her head pretty hard.

Lionel was scared out of his wits after the fall and rushed her to the hospital. He felt responsible for her condition and called Eden. Mia became very anxious and scared without her mother by her side making Lionel take the initiative to sit by her side and hold her hand tightly while the doctor bandaged her head. Luckily she wasn't fatally hurt in the head and was fine. He didn't know what else to do but remembered his mother's lullaby which always calmed him down whenever he was anxious and afraid.

Mia smiled and curled up like a ball around Lionel making him chuckle. He saw his childhood in Mia and already noticed how she always acted like him. He loved it and placed a soft kiss on her head. "How is my little fairy doing right now?" He leaned his head down to her and Mia nodded energetically. Lionel smiled, "That's my brave fairy. Who's my brave fairy?" He asked chuckling. "Me! I am your brave fairy." Mia raised her head and squealed happily.

It was then that Mia spotted Eden standing by the door. "Mommy!" Mia beamed and Lionel snapped his head towards the door and saw her. His heart quickened but restrained himself from running towards her. She was here at last. He was a lot at ease because he knew Mia was going to be more calm right now with Eden around.

Eden blinked out of her trance and wowed walking into the room. Mia got up from the bed and Lionel helped her get down on her feet. "My baby," Eden hugged Mia and had tears in her eyes. She was so scared of her daughter not being okay without her but her racing heart subsided and it was now she realized that she could trust Mia with Lionel. She knew he would make her feel better like he did just now.

"Are you hurt sweetie?" Eden swirled her eyes all around her body for any bruises but only found a little scratch on her elbow. "Well..she's in one piece and doing great." Lionel teased to lighten up her mood. She was still tense. Eden chuckled as a result and kissed Mia's face feeling relieved she wasn't seriously hurt.

"Thank you so much for calming her down Lionel." Eden got to her feet and smiled at Lionel. "You don't have to thank me for anything Eden. Mia's not just yours but ours. I'll always be there for her no matter what." Lionel affirmed and for some reason, Eden believed his words and trusted him to keep his promise.

She could confidently leave Mia in his care. What she saw today proved he was capable and willing to become a good father for their daughter. She could see he was trying his best to make up for lost times by getting to know her these last one week. His work didn't matter more than Mia and that came as a big and huge surprise to her. Had he began changing.

Eden smiled and brought out some chocolates from her purse flaunting it right in front of Mia's eyes. Mia was happy and shaked her mother's body making Eden gasp as the huge chocolate bar slipped out of her hands. Lionel reached out and caught it for her while his gaze passed against her green eyes making him halt instantly in his action.

Eden also noticed his eyes locked with hers and neither did she look away. Lionel's heart kept pounding him and reminding him of his regret. How much he wished he could turn back time and fix everything. To fix his family and become one once again but he knew with all the wealth he had, he couldn't buy nor control time. Not a day went by after staring at her picture on his phone screen every morning did the guilt not erupt within him. He regretted his every actions and wished to correct his mistakes but he couldn't now.

He couldn't correct his mistakes even If he wished to. She was someone else's now. She wasn't available for him anymore. He wasn't worthy of her love for him and that made him drown in guilt. Eden always proved her love for him in many ways while he took her love for granted while pursuing his career. Right now when he thought about it, he wasn't happy in his life even after acquiring all his wealth earning him the title of a billionaire. With all he had, he still felt alone and sad. A life without her was torture and it was only a week ago he realized.

"Eden. How's..." Julian rushed into the room and paused noticing Eden and Lionel's position. Lionel broke the eye lock after hearing Julian's voice. He cleared his throat and Eden blinked before recollecting herself together. She handed the chocolate bar to Mia and turned around to find Julian staring blankly at her. "You took so long," She said. "I couldn't find a parking spot and I had to park the car outside the hospital driveway." Julian replied and glanced over at Lionel before looking down and smiling at Mia. He knelt down and hugged her tightly. "Are you okay Mia?" Julian asked worriedly. "Am fine Julian," Mia said while chewing on her chocolate bar.

"Am glad. You see sweetie, Mia's a strong girl." He leaned forward and kissed her mouth making Eden blink at his sudden act. Lionel stayed and watched silently. He could tell why Julian did what he did. He was a man too and knew Julian was trying to defend his territory and he wanted him to know that clearly.

"I'll go downstairs to reception and pay the bills..." Lionel said. "It's not a problem Mr Bluebird. I'll pay the bills." Julian cut him off and smiled while grabbing Eden by her waist. Eden stared at him dumbfounded by what he just said. Eden moved her eyes to Lionel and as she expected, Lionel didn't like what Julian said. Lionel dug both his hands into his pants pocket and gave Julian a hard glare and warning.

His eyes trailed down to Julian's hands holding Eden's waist possessively and pulling her against his body. Eden just gulped and stared blankly feeling the situation around her getting awkward. Lionel smirked afterwards and turned his heated gaze back to Julian. "Listen and listen good Julian. Mia's my daughter. And am very much more capable of taking care of her. She's my responsibility and am her father so butt out if you don't want trouble. Believe me I can make your life a living nightmare if you come between me and my daughter." Lionel warned and Julian frowned not liking his threats.

"Are you threatening me Mr Bluebird?" Lionel smiled. "You can take it as a threat or a warning but I never deliver empty words out loud." Lionel's face got stern and he turned to face Eden with his hard expression softening. "I'll be back after paying and signing the discharge papers." Lionel walked out of the room after that.

Lionel groaned in anger as the images of Julian kissing Eden came to his head. He felt so jealous right now seeing them together. The way he held her waist made Lionel even more mad and upset. That idiot was trying to show me his claim on Eden. Fucking idiot! He whispered to himself and seethed as he walked towards the elevator. He got in and sighed trying to calm down his agitated nerves. He felt miserable seeing Eden belonging to someone else that wasn't him. He felt like slamming Julian's head against the wall for being with Eden but then it was Eden's decision to be with him.

"Why did you do that Julian?" Eden folded her arms and frowned. Julian sighed and turned to her. He held her waist with both hands and smiled down at her. "Look, am not doing anything wrong by kissing my girlfriend, am I?" Julian raised an eyebrow. "You know that's not what I meant." Eden retorted still upset by his motive for kissing her. "What do you mean?" Julian asked adding to Eden being more upset.

"You kissed me in front of Lionel just to spite him. You wanted to rub our relationship in his face, why?" Eden demanded. "And why did you offer to pay Mia's bills. I didn't give you permission to do that. Mia has a father Julian." Eden added. Julian felt offended by her words and left her. He turned his back on her and was upset. Her words of driving him away from being Mia's father made him upset. He loved and adored Mia because she was Eden's daughter.

He then turned around to face her still scrunting his face showing how upset he was. "And who's Mia's father? The man who walked out of here. The same man who abandoned his daughter before being born. You're calling that man your daughter's father. Are you kidding me Eden," Julian shooked his head. Right now he wandered if she still had a soft spot for Lionel seeing as she was defending him.

Eden inhaled deeply, "We all know the truth and the truth can't be changed. Lionel is Mia's father and he'll always be. Try to understand and don't complicate it." Julian narrowed his brows. "And how am I complicating things?" He asked. Now Eden didn't want to answer this one. It made her recall last night's dinner and his announcement of giving Mia his last name. Eden held the bridge of her nose and sighed, "Listen Julian, Lionel is my daughter's father and nothing can change that... "

"Of course we can change that Eden," Julian interrupted her. "What?" Eden asked confused. "We can change that by me giving Mia my last name. We can make it legal and Mia won't have to be that jerk's daughter." Julian explained. Eden gasped, "Do you hear yourself Julian? Am not allowing that. I won't take away Lionel's right as Mia's father away from him...especially now when he's changing and wants to know Mia and spend time with her." Eden spoke accessing the times Lionel spent with Mia these last one week. She had been inspecting him closely and saw he was changing.

Julian sighed in defeat. "I see you've made up your mind. You don't want me and Mia to get along like father and daughter, right?" Eden wasn't getting where Julian was coming from and why he was acting this way. He wasn't like this before and she wandered if it was his insecurities talking.

Having that thought, she walked further to him and wrapped her arms around his neck and planted a soft kiss on his lips. Julian held her waist and deepened the kiss. Eden was now believing she was right. She could feel his insecurities through his kiss. She felt his body heaving and giving out waves of fear. He feared loosing her. He feared she was going to go back to Lionel if they spent time together because of Mia. He didn't want that and wouldn't mind giving Mia his last name to keep Lionel out of the picture. He knew Lionel was still going to be a part of Eden's life due to Mia and there was nothing he could do about it and that scared him a lot.

They pulled away and Julian stared longingly into her green eyes. "I... I know I've been acting weird since last night at dinner but..." He avoided her eyes and looked away. Eden held his chin and made him to face her once more and smiled at him. Julian got her hint and inhaled. "Am not like this honey. Am not this insecure about anything in my life not even when I was with Paula. I don't know what's going on but whenever I see Lionel, am always reminded he's your ex-husband and that you two will always be connected through Mia. You loved Lionel more than anything and who knows that better than I do." He was letting out all his insecurities.

Eden cupped his face and looked deep into his eyes. "You're right when you said I loved Lionel. Infact, my love for him was so strong and pure. I believed my love will withstand every hurdle in our marriage but then I realized that only one love in two hearts don't work together. I had never loved anyone else as much as I loved him. He was my whole world and my first love. I could do anything for him. Anything to make him smile and happy..." Her strong confession was breaking Julian's heart into pieces.

He knew Eden couldn't love so immensely towards anyone that wasn't Lionel. He was her best friend before they began dating and he knew her feelings. He was aware that even after three years of separation, she couldn't still take him out of her heart. She just couldn't. That was how much power Lionel had over her. But Julian only hoped that Eden would finally let go of the past and make a space in her heart for him.

"But..." Julian came out of his deep thoughts and glanced back up at her face.

"But am with you now. We are together in a relationship. Am yours and no one else's. I can tell you that yes, there was a time I did fall hopelessly in love with Lionel but I can say confidently that I don't love him anymore..." Julian snapped his eyes wide open. "it took some time for me to get my acts straight but I had to move on. I needed to knock some sense into my brain to let me know that Lionel and I couldn't be together again. It's all over with Lionel and now, am with you and that will never change." Eden said and kissed Julian again. Lionel had heard her whole confession and felt his heart torn. Was there really no hope for them after all?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9M 116K 24
" I have moved on in my life..... Why don't you too ?? I moved on the moment I walked out " that seemed to anger him even more. His hold on my wrist...
Isabella By Amber

General Fiction

14.2M 431K 34
When Ashley found out that she was pregnant with twins, she couldn't wait to share the good news with her husband. But when he got home later that ni...
1.1M 24.5K 43
"I am pregnant, " I say looking into his eyes intensely but his face is emotionless. "what? " he asks stunned, he paces around for a few minutes "I...
18.7M 515K 43
Get out of my house. I don't want to see you ever again slut! Those were the exact words he threw at my face. It had been a year now but I still coul...