HURT FOR ME

By ifineverblushed

โ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ, ๐ž๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ง๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ก๐จ๐ฉ๐ž๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ... More

Introduction
Aesthetics
Prologue
Chapter One - Defeated
Chapter Two - Remember
Chapter Three - Offer
Chapter Four - Fear
Chapter Five - The Question
Chapter Six - Temptation
Chapter Seven - Resistance
Chapter Eight - Gossip
Chapter Nine - Savior
Chapter Ten - Diamonds
Chapter Eleven - Regret
Chapter Twelve - Murder
Chapter Thirteen - Selflessness
Chapter Fourteen - Bad Business
Chapter Fifteen - Guilt
Chapter Sixteen - Abandonment
Chapter Seventeen - Blame
Chapter Eighteen - Agony
Chapter Nineteen - Grief
Chapter Twenty - Men in Bars
Chapter Twenty-One - Strangers
Chapter Twenty-Two - Change
Chapter Twenty-Three - Life
Chapter Twenty-Four - Shame
Chapter Twenty-Five - Cure
Chapter Twenty-Six - Promise
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Existence
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Love
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Coffee
Chapter Thirty - Robbery
Chapter Thirty-Two - Fast Cars
Chapter Thirty-Three - Flower
Chapter Thirty-Four - Hospital
Chapter Thirty-Five - Courage
Chapter Thirty-Six - Decision
Chapter Thirty-Seven - Love Story
Chapter Thirty-Eight - Departure
Chapter Thirty-Nine - Choices
Chapter Fourty - Unconditional
Chapter Fourty-One - Betrayal
Chapter Fourty-Two - War
Chapter Fourty-Three - Save
Chapter Fourty-Four - Reassurance
Chapter Fourty-Five - Back Off
Chapter Fourty-Six - Plans
Chapter Fourty-Seven - Jealousy
Chapter Fourty-Eight - Who & What
Chapter Fourty-Nine - Wild Girls
Chapter Fifty - Dominance
Chapter Fifty-One - Virgin Mary
Chapter Fifty-Two - Mischievious
Chapter Fifty-Three - I Love You
Chapter Fifty-Four - Boy or Girl
Chapter Fifty-Five - Lilah
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty-One - Dinner

1.4K 35 6
By ifineverblushed

"A great dinner must include not only yummy food, but good conversation."

- Laurie David

Olivia Bennett

Aaron grumbled, "Despite your lack of interest in this dinner, you're certainly not in a hurry."

From behind the door, I mockingly remarked, "As a woman, it requires both patience and time to prepare."

A resounding sigh echoed through the hallway, eliciting a gentle giggle from me. Despite my eagerness to finish the task at hand, I desired to present myself in the most appealing way. My outings were rare, and my attention had been primarily devoted to the cafe lately, where I constantly restocked cups and diligently cleaned the coffee filter whenever Yvette exceeded the recommended amount of grounds. "I apologize, but I simply can't grasp this concept!" Yvette's grievances echoed in my thoughts.

I gently applied a coat of transparent lip gloss, pressing my lips together to evenly distribute the delicate sheen. After a final glance in the mirror, I deliberately tousled my curls to give them a touch of imperfection, and then I felt prepared.

Taking in a deep breath, I readied myself for the forthcoming evening. Following a brief pause, I turned the doorknob and discovered Aaron, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, waiting for me.

"Sorry I took so long," I said apologetically.

Swiftly shaking his head, he gazed at my appearance and remarked, "If this is the result, feel free to take your time whenever you need."

Rolling my eyes, I briskly walked past Aaron, attempting to evade his gaze, as it seemed he was on the verge of drooling.

"My car," Aaron asked from behind me. "Or yours?" I spun around, giving him a confused look.

"I don't have a car..."

From the kitchen drawer, he retrieved a small white box adorned with a red bow. "I thought you might eventually grow tired of walking everywhere," he remarked. I glanced at the box briefly before shifting my gaze back to his face.

"I..." I started, pausing to gather my thoughts. "I don't really need a car. Walking is perfectly fine for me," I asserted. Turning away, I directed my attention towards the elevator, determined to disregard Aaron and his seemingly insignificant box.

"Fine," He responded curtly. I could hear some shuffling behind me, and eventually, Aaron caught up, standing beside me as we both pressed the elevator button.

A few moments of uneasy silence ensued until the elevator doors smoothly slid open. We entered and descended to the lobby in complete silence.

The blonde receptionist, who always seemed to have her gaze fixed on Aaron, stood behind the desk, observing the two of us. With a mischievous smile, I acknowledged her before stepping out through the expansive glass doors.

After a brief pause, Aaron joined me outside in the chilly, biting wind. I complained, "I forgot my jacket," while rubbing my arms in an attempt to alleviate the goosebumps that had formed.

"Of course you did," he remarked wryly. Without hesitation, he took off his black suit jacket and draped it over my shoulders, concealing the dark blue silk dress I was wearing. The dress boasted a line of diamonds on the chest and exquisite tassels that hung above my thighs. "Is that more comfortable?" he asked.

I nodded, offering a smile to acknowledge his thoughtful gesture. Despite my deep anger towards him, I couldn't deny that he had a gentlemanly side most of the time. Well... except for that incident when he slept with me and callously suggested I take Plan B, as if I were nothing more than a street prostitute.

As I laughed at the tumultuous thoughts swirling in my mind, I noticed Aaron gazing at me, his dark brown eyes gleaming under the warm glow of the outside lights near the penthouse building. In that moment, a wave of melancholy washed over me, and I realized I didn't want to harbor anger towards him, nor did I want to hate him. I couldn't bear the thought of being without him. Despite all the hurtful words and actions between us, he was the one person who had truly been there for me. He provided a safe place for me to sleep, introduced me to one of my few friends, Layla, and protected me unwaveringly ever since he brought me home from the hospital.

"What's the matter?" Aaron's gaze softened as he observed me. The brisk wind tousled my long curls, obstructing my view. With gentle care, Aaron reached out and brushed the strands away from my ear, never averting his eyes from mine. "You'll never fully grasp how beautiful I find you," he murmured softly, his words barely audible amidst the gusts of wind.

His fingers momentarily grazed my cheek before retreating to his side. "We should start heading there," he suggested. "Our reservation is at 8 o'clock."

We proceeded towards the parking garage where he had parked, and although it seemed unfamiliar, I didn't dwell on it too much. Given the recent severe storms, it was likely to protect his valuable car.

As we reached his car, a loud gasp escaped my lips, resonating through the empty garage. "I've never seen this car in person!" I exclaimed, marveling at the Nissan Silvia S15 parked right next to Aaron's BMW.

"Yeah, it's alright," he responded casually while unlocking the doors. "I had bought it as a gift for someone, but they declined, so," he shrugged with a touch of theatricality. "I suppose I'll be keeping it for myself." My gaze swiftly shifted from the captivating sight of the car to Aaron's eyes, as the realization dawned upon me that he had purchased my dream car.

"Y-you bought this for me?" I stammered over my words. He nodded, affirming my question, and then swiftly retrieved the same white box from his pocket.

Overwhelmed with shock, I instinctively covered my mouth as I beheld the car that had been my aspiration since childhood. The mere thought of being successful enough to own one had fueled my dreams, and now it sat before me, a tangible reality.

"Aaron..." I began, struggling to find the right words. "I genuinely can't accept this." I circled the car, meticulously examining every minute detail, as if trying to etch it into my memory forever.

"It's a good thing I'm not asking," he replied with a hint of determination. I looked up at him while crouching down, admiring the exquisite interior. He joined me by the car and extended the box towards me. With anticipation, I untied the tiny ribbon and opened the small container, revealing a set of sleek black keys.

I delicately picked up the keys from the box, marveling at the gleaming metal. Giving them a slight shake, I attempted to process the reality of the situation, assuring myself that this was not a mere figment of my imagination but a tangible gift before me.

As I pressed the small button on the key fob, the car emitted a honk that caught me off guard, its sound reverberating throughout the garage. Startled, I dashed towards the vehicle as fast as my 6-inch Louis Vuitton heels would allow, flinging open the door and savoring the intoxicating scent of a brand new car.

"I can't even fathom that this is real..." I murmured in awe, taking in the breathtaking surroundings while gently running my hand along the luxurious leather interior.

"Shall we take it for a test drive?" Aaron inquired, his gaze filled with curiosity as he peered over the top of the car.

I nodded eagerly, lowering myself into the driver's seat. As I turned the key, the engine purred to life with a beautiful roar. Gripping the steering wheel firmly, I took a moment to acquaint myself with the car, getting a good feel for its power and responsiveness.

"Liv," Aaron spoke, gently taking one of my hands away from the steering wheel, capturing my attention. "I know this won't undo everything," he acknowledged, sincerity lacing his words. "But I want you to have what you truly deserve." A smile formed on my lips as I genuinely appreciated his sentiment. While I didn't believe that material possessions could buy forgiveness, I trusted that Aaron was committed to repairing our relationship. With that in mind, I allowed myself to embrace the possibility of forgiveness and work towards rebuilding what we had lost.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 101K 70
Alexandra Grace, the best nurse in New York is asked to relocate and work full time for the young multi-millionare named Ace. Ace Anderson is an arr...
649K 21.7K 53
"Do they not say that a good friendship builds on a ground of lies?" I joke, lightening the mood immediately as his green eyes glint in humor and a s...
24.8K 752 11
Shannon Graves looks at the world with the harsh reality that has touched her life more than once. It only takes one look back at her troubled childh...
105K 3.8K 42
At lightning speed I threw open the covers of the bed , checking for any trace of missing clothing ; Every ounce of my fiber, of my being was yelling...