Mistake | SangHoon✅

By Driwed

Sangyeon is Younghoon's personal assistant, but finds himself taking on the job of bodyguard when death threa... More

To whomever is reading...
Point 1
Point 2
Point 4
Point 7
Point 9
Point 10
Point 16
Point 18
Point 23
Point 25
Point 30
Point 31
Point 40
Point 43
Point 46

Point 41

11 0 0
By Driwed

Sangyeon waited inside a building, having been told someone would meet him to bring him upstairs.

"You Sangyeon?"

"Uh, Hyeon...? Is that you?"

"Yes."

Sangyeon nodded, following the indifferent man to the elevator. They took it up, getting off at the floor.

"Here."

The man knocked before stepping aside. It was silent on the other side before the door opened. Sangyeon was dragged inside, feeling as if his life were in danger.

"It's just me. Younghoon is in the bedroom."

He pushed Sangyeon forward before leaving. Sangyeon headed in the direction he pointed in, seeing a door left ajar. He gently knocked, not wanting to spook him.

"Younghoon?"

The door was pushed open, Sangyeon soon enveloped in a tight hug. Sangyeon hugged back, telling himself that he wasn't dreaming and his former boss was in fact alive and currently hugging him. He quickly realized, pushing him away with flushed cheeks.

"So you aren't dead. Not surprised." he said as coolly as possible.

"You aren't either. I'm surprised."

Sangyeon gave him a glare to which he laughed off. Younghoon soon started to stare, making him uncomfortable.

"What is it?" he asked warily.

Younghoon hooked a finger by his neck, soon revealing the necklace. Sangyeon fumbled for a response, making Younghoon's grin widen.

"You've kept it this whole time. You like me huh?"

"No! It'd be a waste to throw it away, that's all. And I dont even wear it. Just thought I'd be nice and show I still have it." explained Sangyeon. "There's no other meaning..."

"Right... So, how have things been? Any interesting news? I've... I've been in isolation here without any way to know what's going on in the world. It's safer that way."

Sangyeon started to pity him only to remember he only had himself to blame for the situation he was in.

"Nothing really. No one talks about you anymore if that's what you're looking for. And other than nearly losing my life again, things have been okay."

Younghoon wore a look of remorse. As much as he should feel responsible for getting an innocent involved, he couldn't let him wallow in sadness for too long.

"I'm also at fault, not just you. I had chances to leave but I stayed. Well, mostly since you threatened to kill me... but my point still stands. I didn't even have to come see you and yet here I am like an idiot." spoke Sangyeon with a wry smile.

"I'm glad I got to see you. If I died now I'd be a happy man." he sighed before smiling. "You should start heading out though. Don't want you staying too long."

"But we hardly spoke. I still have questions...!"

Hyeon appeared from the side, dragging him out the apartment. Sangyeon wiggled free but the door was already closed and blocked by Hyeon.

"Can I-"

"Leave."

With that he went back in, securing the locks on the door. Sangyeon reached in his pocket, hearing the bag crinkle slightly. If he knew the meeting would be so short, he would've been more honest. He took the small bag out, placing it against the door frame.

"Stay safe, Younghoon..."

The door opened, the hallway empty. Juyeon noticed the small bag, seeing a note attached. He could only shake his head.

"Younghoon."

"What?"

Juyeon locked the front door before bringing over the tiny bag.

"Your boyfriend left it."

"He did?! Gimme."

He didn't even bat an eye at the fact he called him boyfriend. Younghoon ceased to amaze him. Younghoon's eyes shone as he held the necklace tenderly.

"Wow, matching necklaces. I told you he liked you."

Younghoon quickly put it on, fingering the blue magatama.

"I bet he doesn't know the meaning of magatamas..."

"You two are scarily in sync... Whatever, we should be planning our next move. How are we going to deal with them?"

"I have a plan, but I can't tell you yet. I promise I'll tell when it's ready."

"Ah, don't walk away. Promise me." Juyeon said sternly, narrowing his gaze.

Younghoon sighed, doing their secret promise gesture. Juyeon smiled, hoping this time he finally got through to him.

Sangyeon fidgeted with his phone, finding himself worried about Lee and Younghoon. The people either gave up on him or completely forgot about his existence. Which is a good thing of course, but that also meant their full focus would be on Younghoon. Which was good... but bad... It was harder these days to wish Younghoon dead.

"Sangyeon!"

"Oh, uh, yes?"

"Head said we have to work on this together."

He glanced at the stack before giving him a look.

"Bullshit. Why are you really here?" he questioned.

"Too smart for your own good. Fine, I came over because I was worried about you. You've been acting weird for weeks. What's going on with you?"

"Since when were we close? Admit it, you just want gossip."

"Caught again. Nothing gets past you doesn't it? But I do mean I was worried." he sighed as he sat down next to him.

"It's nothing. Does this actually need to be done or is it just printer paper underneath?"

"Actual stuff. Help me out and you know, say what's on your mind. I'll just happen to listen."

Sangyeon took half the stack, working in silence. This was what made Sangyeon the most interesting in the department. No one knew anything about him except his name and position.

"It's not that I don't want to, it's I can't. For your own safety."

"Eh...?"

Sangyeon said nothing else, finishing up his half.

Juyeon woke up, feeling groggy. This wasn't normal. They were chatting and drinking then... then what? Why couldn't he remember anything? He dragged himself back to the living room, investigating their mugs. It was then he saw it. The tiny remnants of sleeping pills. That backstabber. He should've known better than to believe in him again.

"Hyeon! Hyeon where are you?!"

Hyeon emerged from the bathroom, holding his head. Even Hyeon?

"Did he drug you too?"

"Knocked out." he groaned, massaging his head.

Juyeon bit his lip, starting to feel anxious. It felt like that day all over again. A promise, alone at home and a creeping feeling of extreme unease. That time his mother died. Then this time...

"Hyeon, I have a job for you. Don't ask any questions just do as I say."

Hyeon nodded, never having seen Juyeon look so panicked.

Sangyeon arrived home, not expecting someone to be waiting outside his door. Was it the disorganized mafia again?

"Mr Lee."

"Oh, it's you again... Wait, how do you know where I live?!" he asked, putting his guard up again.

"Lee sent me. Here."

A bag was placed in his arms before Hyeon left. No matter what he said, Hyeon didn't stop. It was as if he was merely here to make a delivery. Which considering the situation, it was probably was. He entered his home, deciding to open the bag first.

"What's... all this...?" he whispered, taking out objects and papers. "Evidence... against..."

Why did Juyeon have this? Was he planning to betray Younghoon all this time? His stomach churned at the thought of it. Attacking him while he was at his lowest. Though, he could understand. Younghoon was the reason his mother ended up dying.

Just as he thought he was done, a note sat at the very bottom of the bag. He opened it, reading the contents. He wasn't serious. This was a lot of pressure to put on one person, especially someone who didn't have all the facts! Yet doing this just might...

"I hate you both." he muttered, leaving the items behind to give himself space to think.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 13.2K 38
One where Jin is Jungkooks bodyguard but thy don't get along very well .......... U know what happens next 😉 ♾
23.2K 1.4K 20
I have men in suits protecting me, always willing to put their lives in danger to ensure my safety, but when they can't reach me, there's always one...
79.9K 3.2K 33
Yuna(You) and your team are part of the mafia. One day there were death threats posted on social media attacking the girls of a girl group TWICE. JYP...
I Wanna Die By Lets fantasize

Mystery / Thriller

27.3K 3.2K 34
Killed by betrayals and disloyalty, Lee yn was someone alive and breathing on the outside, yet dead inside. It's only after losing her last hope in l...