Infinity | B. Barnes

By legoellis

Y/n's life was turned upside down when she was taken hostage by HYDRA. After almost a year in captivity, and... More

Playlist
The breakout
Undercover in Lagos
The Sokovia Accords
The Winter Soldier
Caught red handed
Antman?
Everyone's got a gimmick now
Division
Betrayal
Divided we fall
The rescue
I just feel you
It's not hopeless
You are free
Thanos?
Home
In the name of love
The Endgame
The aftermath
A moment of normality
Androids, aliens and wizards
The white wolf
Caps wingmen
Couples therapy
Baron Zemo
Midnight
The party
The Lab
Turkish delight
Looking strong, John!
The whole world is watching
You shouldnt have done that
Justice
Peace
The beginning of the end
You had one job
Captain America
Peace

Ready to comply?

499 13 3
By legoellis

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favour and stay in it?" Everett Ross said

"I don't intend on going anywhere." T'Challa said.

Well, at least they aren't locking me up in a special cell for enhanced individuals yet. I'll take an office over another prison cell anyway.

I felt my body relax slightly as Natasha walked down the hall towards us. Out of everyone on the team, she was the least likely individual to be angry at me or Steve and Sam. Unless I fully betrayed everyone and went to hydra, which would never happen, she would always stick by our side.

"For the record, this is what making things worse looks like." Natasha said.

"He's alive." Steve replied, letting her know that it was all that mattered to him.

Natasha came to walk between Steve and I. She placed a comforting hand on my shoulder and squeezed tightly before letting go. I turned to look at her for a moment and gave her a small, tight lipped smile to show my appreciation.

We walked through a set of double doors that took us into a large office. As soon as the doors opened we were met with the sound of Tony's voice "No, Romania was not accords-sanctioned. Colonel Rhodes is supervising clean up."

"Try not to break anything while we fix this." Natasha said to us. Mostly to Steve. He's the one who is most likely to get into an argument with Tony.

"Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that, because I just said it. Anything else? Thank you sir." Tony said down the phone.

Tony hung up the phone and walked towards Sam, Steve and I. I held my breath as I waited for him to start scolding us for our reckless behavior.

"Consequences?" steve asked him

"Secretary Ross wants you three prosecuted. Had to give him something." Tony said. I felt gratitude wash over me. Tony was still trying to look out for us even though we had broken the accords.

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?" Steve asked as Tony started to walk away from us with Nat.

"Technically it's the government's property." Natasha said over her shoulder. "Wings, too."

"That's cold." sam said

"Warmer than jail." Tony replied back as he walked away from them. I shrugged lightly in response, he did have a good point. Luckily my powers weren't the government's property, though I'm sure if they could they would try.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My vision was dark as I buried my head Into my arms. My knees were pulled up to my chest as I tried to block the world out. I did briefly feel bad about putting my shoes on the top of the chair, but that was until I remembered that they had arrested me.

This whole day had been a lot to take. I wanted nothing more than to go back to the compound and hide away in my bedroom for eternity. But I have to stand my ground, I did what I thought was right. And running away and hiding wouldn't do any good.

Tony had been kind enough to give me some noise canceling ear plugs, ones that he had designed for me because I could still hear perfectly well with the normal ones. I would often need to wear them and lie down in a dark room after missions to try and relax and recalibrate my system. But here, in this office full of people mulling around, it was hard to find the same type of relief.

I took the risk to glance up, the bright light of the office burned Into the backs of my eyes, causing me to clench them shut again. I opened my eyes slowly and winced at the bright lights.

Once I had adjusted to the fluorescent lighting, I saw that everyone was standing around watching a screen that was showing Bucky's cell. Curiosity filled me and I slowly took off my ear plugs and put them in my pocket, flinching when the harsh sounds of reality that I had been blocking out hit me like a truck.

I lowered my legs to the ground and slowly stood from my seat. I groaned quietly as my muscles ached and I tried to stretch my legs before I walked across the office to sit next to Sam.

Sharon was handing Sam a piece of paper while I sat down next to him. "The receipt for your gear." she said.

"Bird costume? Come on." Sam complained. I couldn't help the laugh that slipped past my lips at her joke. Sam gave me an indignant look and rolled his eyes dramatically.

"What? Come on, it's funny." I said. "And kinda accurate." I muttered to myself. Sam clearly heard me and elbowed me in the side jokingly.

Sharon pressed a button that put an image of Bucky on the TV screen. I stared at the image worriedly. I know all too well what it's like to be locked up in a prison and I don't want to know how much time he's had to spend in one.

A man's voice rang out over the speakers. "I'm not here to judge you. I just want to ask a few questions. Do you know where you are, James?" The man paused for a moment to let Bucky answer, but Bucky didn't say anything.

"I can't help you if you won't talk to me, James." He tried again.

"My name is Bucky." He said.

The interview between Bucky and the psychologist went on for a while. I listened intently with furrowed brows, sympathy was washing over me as I listened to the conversation.

"Why would the task force release this photo to begin with?" Steve asked

Sharon shrugged. "Get the word out, involve as many eyes as we can?" She tried to answer.

"Right. It's a good way to get a guy out of hiding." Steve said. I glanced over at him and shifted uncomfortably at his words. He made a good point, something didn't feel right.

"Set off a bomb, get your picture taken. Get seven billion people looking for the winter soldier." Steve continued, the bad feeling increased.

"Are you saying someone framed him to find him?" Sharon asked

"Steve, we looked for the guy for two years and found nothing." Sam said

"We didn't bomb the UN. That turns a lot of heads." Steve answered

"Yeah, but that doesn't guarantee that whoever framed him would get him. It guarantees that we would." Sharon stated.

Everything suddenly clicked into place as I
glanced up at the tv. There was only one person in the room right now who had complete access to Bucky. The therapist.

"Yeah." Steve Said quietly.

The power suddenly cut out and plunged the room into darkness. The bright red safety lights came on a second later, flashing in a repeated pattern.

I know that I said I wanted to be in a dark room. But I didn't mean this. I sat on the edge of my chair as I waited for something to happen, for someone to make the next move.

The room descended into panic, officers running around speaking radios trying to figure out what happened. But they all blurred into the background as Sharon started to speak. "Sub-level five, east wing."

She gave us the location of Bucky. Steve nodded and took off running. I immediately stood up from my chair, not caring that it rolled across the floor, and started to run after him. Sam was running beside me as the two of us tried to keep up with Steve.

The three of us ran down a number of dark hallways and stairways. Trying to get to Bucky as fast as possible. My heart was hammering in my chest and my lungs burned for air as I ran as fast as I could.

When we turned the next corner, my eyes fell onto a man who was lying unconscious on the floor. I stopped in my tracks, but not because of the unconscious man. It was something else.

I stared down the hallway that led into the room where Bucky was being held. Something felt off. My senses were picking up what I thought was meant to be Bucky. But it wasn't him. He didn't feel like he did before. He felt colder, harsher. There was a sense of anger and nothingness that was radiating from where he once was. Like something was invading his body.

Sam and Steve started to walk down the hallway again. I took in a deep breath and started to walk after them. The three of us walked into another room and it was full of unconscious officers, all scattered around the room. My entire body was tense as we got closer to Bucky.

"Help me. Help." A voice whispered. I jumped slightly at the sound of the voice and my fists tightened at my side. The man was lying on the floor of the room that was supposed to be holding Bucky. The cage they had been keeping him in was empty and the glass was shattered.

Steve marched over to him. "Get up." He lifted the man up by his coat and dragged him over to a wall.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Steve interrogated him.

"To see an empire fall." The man replied.

The feeling I was getting from Bucky was stronger, yet I couldn't pinpoint where he was. My senses were all over the place due to the intense day that I have had. I continued to reach out to try and find where he was.

Sam started to walk over to Steve when a metal arm suddenly shot out towards him.
Bucky quickly grabbed Sam's face and threw him into the cage, knocking him unconscious. I gasped harshly and quickly ran over to engage Bucky.

He swung his metal fist down towards my face but I raised my arm and stopped him mid punch. He snarled and glared as he tried to push against me. He then tried the same again with his other arm, but I stopped him again. Holding him back with my powers. I then threw him backwards trying to knock him out. But it didn't work.

He easily got back on his feet and I knew that even if I didn't have my enhanced senses, the look in his eyes told me that he wasn't himself anymore. The man who I met in that apartment is not the one who is standing in front of me right now.

He got back up and marched over to me with a furious look on his face. I raised my arm again to stop him but he was too fast, before I could use my powers he reached forward with inhuman speed and grabbed onto my wrist.

The pressure he put on my arm was so severe that I thought that my wrist was about to break. I let out a cry of pain and my eyes watered as he continued to tighten his grip. Out of instinct I pried his metal hand off of my wrist with my powers and pushed him away from me again. I gasped harshly as he let go, even though the pressure was no longer there the pain had not subsided in the slightest.

Before Bucky could make a move on me again, Steve appeared from behind Bucky and pulled him away. They then began to fight each other. The pair of super soldiers quickly disappear into the next room.

I let out a quiet whimper and clutched my arm to my chest in pain. I could hear Bucky and Steve fighting in the distance. I know that I should go and help him but I couldn't bring my feet to move. I felt frozen to the spot as I clutched onto my throbbing wrist.

What had Hydra done to Bucky to be able to take away his entire personality like that. I know that they can be cold and torturous, but I never thought that they were even capable of this. Something had changed within him. The only time I had ever felt something like this was when Wanda would use her powers to control someone's mind. But it didn't feel the same, it felt more intense.

Fear gripped at my chest and my wrist was in agonizing pain. But I know that I have to start moving again. I can't let my fear control me. I took in a deep breath

I pushed myself off of the wall and started to walk in the same direction as the two men. I still had my arm wrapped around the injured one, wincing everytime I accidentally jolted it in some way. I followed the path of destruction and broken doors to a banged up elevator. I could sense that someone was down there. I cautiously walked over to the edge of the lift and looked down. Steve was laying on the roof of the lift in a crumpled heap.

"Steve!" I shouted down to him. Worrying coursing through me.

"Y/n?..." Steve replied, coughing slightly

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"Yeah...you have to go." Steve answered.

"What" I replied in confusion. Didn't he want help?

"Go...get Bucky. Please. I'll be right behind you." Steve begged.

"Ok." I replied, I nodded to myself as I turned away from the broken elevator. I turned around and took off running in the direction that I hoped Bucky had gone in. Following the path of destruction was still my go to for tracking him. That, and the screams of people from the floor below me.

I raced down the flight of stairs with my heart hammering in my chest. I had to fight back any whimpers of pain as I quickly ran down the steps. Every movement was causing me more agony. I could hear the screaming and the fighting even louder as I pushed the double doors open with my powers.

I stepped out into the cafeteria of the building and saw Bucky. His muscles were taught with rage and I couldn't help the way I tensed up at the sight of him. His presence alone was terrifying. Tony was laying on the ground after already trying his hand with Bucky.

I watched with wide eyes as Bucky flipped Sharon onto a table and the furniture splintered under the force.

Bucky then turned around to face Nat. Nat spun around, leapt up at him and wrapped her legs around his neck. She used her elbows to send heavy blows to his head repeatedly as she perched on his shoulders.

Bucky heavily flipped her onto a table and wrapped her hands around her throat, choking her. I gasped and immediately ran forward, my concern for Nat overpowered my fear of fighting Bucky. I held out my good hand and focused on the hand that was wrapped around Nat's throat. I used my powers to pry his hand off of her throat and pushed him back forcefully.

Bucky landed heavily on his feet, quickly regaining his balance. He glared menacingly at me for a moment. I couldn't bring myself to look away from his piercing gaze. The emptiness in them sent a chill down my spine. He didn't even look like himself anymore.

I tensed up as he took a step forward, but before he could get any further. T'Challa leapt in and engaged Bucky in a fight.

T'Challa kicked at Bucky while Bucky blocked his blows and threw in punches of his own. Bucky then knocked T'Challa over and he flipped over, landing on all fours on the floor.

Bucky took the opportunity to try and make his escape yet again. He raced up the stairs as fast as he could. I took in a deep breath to try and ease my fear before I took off after him, trying to keep him in my sights.

I quickly made my way up the steps, Bucky went to turn a corner when T'Challa suddenly dropped down from the stairs above and started to fight Bucky again. I pushed T'Challa back with my telekinesis, trying to stop him from killing Bucky. He snapped his gaze over to me for a moment with a harsh glare.

I couldn't even bring myself to feel bad. I have to try and stop people from killing Bucky, stop Bucky from Killing me or anyone else and keep him from escaping. I'm only one woman. I'm not cut out for all this multitasking.

T'Challa got back up and spun around, throwing out his leg and kicking me in the chest. I gasped as my body fell backwards onto the ground. My back hit the floor hard and it felt like the air had been sucked out of me. I gasped for air as my rib cage and my wrist burned in agonizing pain.

I picked my head up to try and get a glance at Bucky and T'Challa. T'Challa had Bucky's arm in a tight hold and he went to break Bucky's arm, but then realized that he was holding the metal one. Bucky took this opportunity to try and escape his hold, which sent the pair of them tumbling down the next set of stairs.

I groaned and used my good arm to slowly push myself up. I took in a deep breath as the winded sensation eased. I cast my gaze down the stairs to where Bucky and T'Challa were. T'Challa kicked Bucky's chest, sending him over the railing and down the side of the stairs, falling down to the lower level.

T'challa dropped down to the floor that Bucky fell to, disappearing from my view as well. I took in a deep breath and closed my eyes, trying to focus on Bucky's position. I immediately picked up the dark scary feeling that was radiating off of him. I shifted onto my knees and put my good hand on the ground, pushing myself to my feet with a groan.

My injured hand was clutched to my aching rib cage as I started to quickly walk up the stairs in the sand direction as Bucky. Once I made it up the first flight of stairs, I heard a helicopter whirring to life. Bucky was trying to escape, again.

I pushed myself to go faster, climbing up the second flight of stairs that would lead me to the helipad. I ran up a ramp that led to the roof and once I stepped outside I saw Steve holding onto the side of the building with one hand, and hanging onto the side of the helicopter with the other. I could see Bucky inside the chopper with his hands on the controls, trying his best to steer it away from Steve.

I raised my good hand out in front of me and focused on pulling the helicopter towards me. I could feel the helicopter trying to pull away, but I held on, refusing to let go.

Steve managed to pull himself back up onto the Helipad, the helicopter getting closer to the center of the roof. However, Bucky had other ideas.

He swerved swiftly, knocking the helicopter onto its side and spinning it around, almost hitting Steve in the process.

I gasped and tried to stabilize it, but before I could even use my powers I was forced to throw myself onto the ground so I wouldn't get hit by the tail end of it. I groaned as my bad arm and my ribs hit harshly on the tarmac roof, pain shooting through my nervous system.

When I glanced back up again, bucky had Steve by the neck and the helicopter was falling over the edge. I tried to scramble to my feet but didn't have enough time to stop it before it fully tilted over the edge, bringing both men with it.

"Steve!" I shouted loudly. Fear coursed through me as I watched him disappear over the edge.

I fully stood up and ran over to the edge of the helipad. I leant down on my knees to try and spot him, to see if he was ok. I could still sense that the two men were still alive, but I could also tell that they were injured.

After a moment, Steve resurfaced, holding an unconscious Bucky in his arms.

I breathed out a sigh of relief, feeling grateful that he was okay.

I looked down at the ground before I pushed myself up onto my feet. I then leaped off the side of the building, using my powers to land on the walkway at the side of the lake. I stumbled on my feet as I landed on the ground.

Once Steve was next to the wall of the walkway I was standing on, I leant down and reached down to help him. I know that I won't be able to heave Bucky out of the water so I used my telekinesis to pull him out, gently laying him on the concrete ground. I turned to help steve up but he had already grabbed onto the side and pulled himself out, he collapsed next to Bucky on the ground.

"Are you ok?" I asked him

"Yeah...you?" He asked breathlessly.

"Yeah." I replied quietly. Just when I thought the day couldn't get any worse, It did.

I heard the sound of footsteps quickly advancing on us. I was on alert immediately, concerned that it might be someone who wants to kill Bucky. I snapped my head over to look at the person who was quickly approaching. But luckily when I saw who it was my body relaxed, it was Sam.

He jogged over to us. "Steve! Y/n! Are you guys ok?" He asked

"Yeah, yeah we're good." Steve replied

"And Bucky...?" He asked, cautiously eyeing up the unconscious man.

"He's alive." I said, being able to hear his steady pulse.

"Ok, what's our next move?" Sam asked, helping Steve to stand up.

"We need to get out of here, find somewhere to lay low until we figure out what to do next." Steve replied

"Ok, there's an abandoned building not too far from here." Sam stated

"Ok, let's go. Can you help me with Bucky?" Steve asked.

Sam nodded and made his way to the other side of the man, the two men lifted him up and began dragging him along the concrete towards the road.

I stumbled up on my feet with my arm wrapped firmly around my injured one, trying to apply pressure to my aching rib cage at the same time. I followed after them with an exhausted stride. I'll be glad to get out of dodge for a while.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 211 22
After ten years of being tortured by Hydra, Y/n finally manages to escape. Soon after her best friend, Bucky Barns, finds his way back to her and the...
5.7K 119 29
⚠️ This following story contains - Mature Content, Miscarriage, Mentions of Domestic Abuse, Alcohol Consumption and Traumatic Child Birth. If this i...
78.7K 2.9K 21
When SHIELD agent Y/N helped Captain America readjust to the modern world, she was full of optimism and hope. Then she saw the destruction and devast...
Dangerous By <3

Fanfiction

470K 9.9K 26
"I'm dangerous" "So am I" ---- Y/n's life was hard enough as it is, hiding from Hydra isn't exactly a walk in the park. But now she's somehow joine...