Comfortable in the Chaos «Seb...

De Alun1r

« A 6th Year Hogwarts Legacy Fanfic» Rankings: #1 in Sebastiansallowxmc tag «06.09.23» #3 in Sebastiansallow... Mai multe

00. Introduction
1. Strawberry Taffy
2. A Hint Of Green
3. Hunting Poachers
4. Pain Worse Than Crucio
6. A Trip to Hogsmead
7. The Garden Snake Of Slytherin
8. The Niffler's Treasure
9. The Wrong Potion
10. The Wrong Pairs
11. The Golden Ball
12. Lilly Of The Valley
13. Ophelia Brings a Letter
14. Where is Soloman?
15. A Truth & A Lie
16. The Final Push
17. A Serious Discussion
18. A Familair Face
19. A Whole Half Of Me
20. The Backup Plan
21. Tea & Quidditch
22. What's Already Mine
23. A Wretched Weight
24. Are You Happy?
25. Revelations
26. Old Letters
27. Just A Taste
28. Markings
29. The Study Process
30. Invisible
31. Grief

5. The New Fifth Year

645 32 11
De Alun1r

❝ 𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚍𝚎𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚢𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚏𝚝, 𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝚐𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚖. ❞
— 𝖠𝗇𝗍𝗂-𝖧𝖾𝗋𝗈 (Taylor Swift)

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

I spent the weekend in bed.

I couldn't manage the strength to get up. Emotional or physical. The other girls in my dorm were spending their weekend in hogsmead or studying so I was lucky to be alone the majority of the time.

I couldn't figure out what that pain was after I came to. It was almost as if my bones had snapped and were being put back together. But the wiggenwield did take away some of the pain. Luckily.

I still felt sore.

My head was in worse condition than my body anyway. That poacher mission was supposed to lift Sebastian's spirits. Instead, we're not speaking for the moment. And that's the last thing I ever wanted.

I replayed our argument over and over. The things he said made no sense!! Last year he agreed my magic could potentially help Anne. I take what Ranrok stole, literally to save Hogwarts and suddenly, how dare I try to help his sister??!

I couldn't understand where he was coming from.

What hurt more is it seemed he still didn't understand that I didn't have anyone beside me to help me make the 'right' choice. Fig was dead. Before Ranrok took the magic I wanted to keep it contained. But seeing it all around after I killed Ranrok, seeing the power it gave him. I realized this magic couldn't be contained. Especially under Hogwarts. I didn't want anyone else to risk their lives protecting it. So I took it.

I'm glad Ominis finally understood though.

But was Sebastian really not going to speak to me until I gave him a reason as to why I didn't tell them?

Any reason I'd give would not suffice.

I suddenly heard a soft knock on the door.

I sat up. " Ominis?"

He stood with his wand out, as he heard my voice he entered the dorm and made his way to my bed. " I've been wanting to talk to you since what happened. But I know you probably wanted time alone." He explained sitting on the edge of the bed.

" I appreciate the space. I think just now though I was beginning to get a little lonely." I joked dryly.

He chuckled. " Unfortunately I'm not here to keep you company entirely..." he sighed. " Valeria I just heard rumors this morning there's another new fifth year. He's rumored to start tomorrow." He explained.

" Excuse me?" I said in disbelief. My body ran cold. Could it be possible this person possess the same ability I do? And if they do...what does that even mean?

" I'm hoping it's a strange lapse. And perhaps they're not like you but..." he started.

" What if they are?" I asked.

He nodded. " Exactly. And we don't have professor fig to guide you. Would they have to follow the trials you did?" He asked.

I shook my head. " No. because the trials led to Isadora's contained magic. In a way. And the point of the trials was to learn importance of keeping it protected." I explained. " but...for starters. We don't know if this person is like me yet. And we don't know if they know either." I shrugged. " Could just be a late fifth year. Way more late than I am. They even missed the first week!"

Ominis shrugged. " I just felt like you should be aware of it. I heard first years talking about it this morning." He affirmed. " Apparently the student was sorted into Gryffindor last night. Privately with the Headmaster. "

" Suppose Natty might know something by now." I said as my smile faded. I picked at my finger nails. " Also... I was just.. wondering..."

" Sebastian is sulking exactly like you are." Ominis said. Without any hesitancy.

I snapped my head back up at him. " How did you know I was going to ask that."

" Because I know you." He shrugged matter of factly.

" How long do you see this lasting?" I asked.

" Probably till you give him what he wants. He's quite stubborn." He laughed. " But I'm trying to make him see reason. I know how hard that choice must have been. But I see why you made it. I wish you chose otherwise. But what's done is done. I can't be mad at you. I'd only end up regretting it if something happened." He explained.

" I appreciate that Ominis. Though I understand why Sebastian's so mad. And I don't blame him for this silent treatment." I sighed and moved to get out of bed.

" Where are you going?" Ominis asked.

" Paying a visit to Natty to see if she knows anything about the new fifth year." I explained. " I've been in bed all weekend sulking. I can't sulk forever." I murmured grabbing some clothes.

I went behind a room divider to change. I know Ominis couldn't see but it still felt kinda odd to change in front of him. He usually knew I was changing anyway and would turn the opposite direction of where I was changing, just to make me feel a lil more secure.

" Would you like me to join you?" He asked.

I thought for a moment. " Uhmmm... yanno what yeah. If you're not busy. Please come. We can also make a trip to get you that dittany you needed." I mentioned as I finished changing.

" Where would we go to get it?" He asked. Seemingly confused as to why I didn't just grab some from my dorm room.

" well..." I took a breath. " You showed me your secrete space. I suppose it's time for me to show you mine." I smiled.

He raised an eyebrow. " Technically Sebastian showed you MY secret space. But alright color me intrigued." He stood up and held his wand out to guide him as we left the dormitory.

As we entered the common room, I heard a familiar voice that made me look to the fireplace at the left of us curiously.

There sat Imelda Reyes talking about her quidditch training and it seemed like she was trying to convince who ever she was talking to to join the team.

Once we entered more into the room, there stood Sebastian. Pacing back and forth reading. Only to answer Imelda every so often.

I raised an eyebrow. What was this? He was so dismissive of Imelda when I brought it up. But now.

He gazed up after a moment and I turned away continuing to walk with Ominis.

" Did I just hear Imelda Reyes talking to Sebastian??" Ominis said as we headed up the stairs out of the common room.

I nodded. " Yep. And I saw it." I sighed. " Lovely." I murmured.

" Why on earth is he talking to Reyes?" He asked with brows furrowed. Almost upset.

" What happened between them?" I asked. " He refused to tell me when I asked Friday night. Because it was too much for him to deal with. " I rolled my eyes.

" He fancied her. She fancied him. Over the summer her family and some friends thought he was a bad influence. And you know Imelda. She hates negative judgement. So she sent him a final letter letting him know they weren't going to be going anywhere further than acquaintances." Ominis explained.

" Hmm well Sebastian's type is not what I'd expected it to be" I murmured as we exited the common room.

" Someone sounds jealous." Ominis teased.

I rolled my eyes. " Oh don't start Ominis. " I scoffed. " I'm just saying. Imelda has the appeal I would think he'd be interested in. But below the surface. She seems to hyper fixate on what people truely think of her more than anything. Sebastian does whatever regardless of what other people think. As we well know." I explained.

Ominis just chuckled. " I won't say what I'm truly thinking. I fear you might just get upset." He said with a wide grin.

I rolled my eyes. " I don't like Sebastian, Ominis. He's a dear friend ... hopefully." I sighed.

" Why didn't you tell us Val?" He asked softly. " I won't judge whatever answer you give me so long as it's the truth." He affirmed.

I sighed. " I didn't know what you would think. And I figured it was my burden to bare. Not yours." I shook my head. " I didn't want to drag you into my mess. Not that I really knew there would be one. It was a split second decision Ominis. I saw the chaos under the school. I knew I had to do something. I didn't have time to wonder about the consequences for myself."

He nodded. " I understand. Sebastian might have a hard time." He sighed. " But... that's because he truely cares for you. He won't understand that you made a decision within only seconds. And that didn't allow you anytime to think about how it could affect you." He shrugged. " Just give him time. He's an idiot but he'll come around. Ill lecture him about Reyes later."

I laughed. " Why?"

" I don't want him to make a dumb mistake." He answered.

That was good enough for me. We continued walking to the Gryffindor common room. Some students darted around the school. Enjoying the day off from classes. As we rounded into the defense against the dark arts tower. I saw Natty walking alongside a tall figure.

I smiled and called to her. She spun around and waved eagerly as the tall figure did the same curiously.

He had blonde hair. And bright green eyes. He wore glasses. And carried himself with a confident and graceful manner. He was undoubtedly very attractive. Most definitely the reason Ominis heard first years talking about him.

" Valeria! Lovely timing. There is someone I would like you to meet. " Natty said eagerly. " this is Gryffindor's newest fifth year. Jasper Nightingale."

He beamed with a bright charming smile.

I held my hand out to shake his. " Valeria Lowell. Pleasure to meet you" I smiled.

Instead of shaking my hand, he gently held it and lowered his head, placing a gentle kiss on my hand.
" The pleasure is all mine, and you have a lovely name Valeria." He smiled.

I smiled shyly. I was a little taken back by how gentlemanly he was. He definitely was a charmer.

" Thank you." I smiled. " And this is my friend Ominis Gaunt." I said introducing Ominis as I took my hand back.

" Pleasure to meet you." Ominis smiled.

" You as well." Jasper said greeting Ominis. He was so proper and poised. It was intriguing. And intimidating.

" We will have him in divination together." She smiled excitedly.

" Oh well then I suppose I will see you tomorrow for your first official day." I said.

He nodded. " I do look forward to it. Natty has been giving me a brief tour of the school today. I fear I might get lost." He joked.

" If you do don't be afraid to ask for help. Most students are kind enough to show you the way." Ominis smiled.

" Might be best to ask professors" I suggested. " Either way. If I see you're lost I promise to be of assistance." I smiled.

He smiled back. " Then I'm most definitely in good hands no matter what."

I found myself staring into his eyes for far longer than normal.

I quickly looked away. " Right we'll.. me and Ominis are off to gather some stuff from Professor Weasley's. Some business about fig." I shrugged off the lie.

Natty smiled sadly. " I understand... and again Valeria. If you need anything please come talk to me. I know how important Fig was to you."

I smiled sadly and gave Natty and brief hug. " I appreciate you Natty."

We walked away quickly as Natty explained to Jasper that I had lost a professor I was close to. Also heard her explain it wasn't her place to explain what happened. I loved that Natty was well aware of what to share and what not to share. It made me feel so secure.

As we walked Ominis nudged me. " Did you notice anything about him."

" Oh I noticed a lot." I murmured replaying the moment he kissed my hand as a greeting.

Ominis cleared his throat. " Alright I mean if he's anything like you. Not how he was flirting."

"He wasn't flirting." I rolled my eyes. " He just has a certain.... Aura. It's... enticing." I shrugged. " But now I didn't see any traces. He could just be another fifth year. it's possible he has no idea of his ability yet. Me and fig didn't until we ended up in Gringotts. " I sighed.

" I still think we keep an eye on him. It's rare for students to start so late. I don't want to risk over looking him only to realize he could be helpful... or the opposite." He theorized.

I nodded. " I completely agree."

I couldn't really get how charming he was out of my head. Something about him made me want to talk to him more. Perhaps it's just how he is.

Sebastian's made me feel the same way at times.

I always took it as a sign that the person was someone I was meant to know.

Now just to figure out why.

————————
This fic jumped in reads suddenly and I have no idea how but I'm so happy :,) I hope y'all are enjoying this story as much as I'm enjoying writing it.

And if you're from tiktok, hiii!!

Lovely to see you :>
-Alunir

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

415K 11.4K 65
''You seriously need to stop calling me your friend,'' Sebastian tells me in a low voice. ''Then what should I call you?'' I ask curiously. My stomac...
10.3K 530 52
A Hogwarts Legacy story. Focused on the relationship of reader x Sebastian. After all the traumatic events of your fifth year in Hogwarts, you hoped...
16.7K 735 51
Y/n Evans spent the entire fifth year saving the wizarding world. She quickly became the hero of Hogwarts and was admired by nearly everyone. Everyon...
300 3 7
First the denial of their feelings, then the denial of the possible consequences of their actions. With an abusive uncle and a cursed twin sister as...