We Made It

By Meggie0420

Louis Tomlinson. Harry Styles. Liam Payne. Niall Horan. Zayne Malik. They all grew up together. They used t... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14. (Harry's POV)
15. (Jackson's POV)
16.
17.
18.
19.
20. (Harry's POV)
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26. (Harry's POV)
27.
28. (Niall's POV)
29.
30. (Liam's POV)
31.
32.
33.
Epilogue part 1
Epilogue part 2

8.

164 4 2
By Meggie0420

Pick up Harry.

Go to school.

Take Harry home.

Do homework.

Sleep.

Repeat.

That was my new routine. Harry had been trying. At least I think. I don't think we were 'dating' or even together but we were definitely not just friends. We would text. We would ride to school and home together. He'd stay for practice. But there's been nothing physical. No kissing. No hand holding. No arms around the waist. I'm not blind though...I see the way his hands twitch when we'd brush up against each other but he was hesitant. That's what hurt the most. The hesitating.

It had been 6 days. Jeremy had made it his mission to make the school aware of just how much of an asshole I was. I spoke with Eleanor...what good that did I don't know. She was still under the impression that because I let her stay around we had been dating. She hated that I turned her down at  Niall's party. Oh well. Since pur conversation in the locker room Nick has been pleasant which is odd but I'll take it.

It was Friday night. There was a footie game tonight. There was no practice today so Harry and I  left right after the last bell. I had 2 hours to go home and get ready before going to the stadium for tonight's game.

"Louis." I glance at Harry as we get in the car after school. "I'm..."

"Stop Harry." I whisper. "Unless you're all in or have something new to say...stop." That could have come out nicer.

We'd had conversations before and it all ended the same way. He was still confused about why I was so open with my feelings now. I kept asking why he was hot then cold...in then out...he never had a reason just that he was scared.

I reverse out of the parking lot and start the drive to his house.

"How can it be all or nothing? Feelings don't go away Lou."

"Exactly. Feelings don't. I had to grow up. I had to face them. Recognize them. Accept them. I jumped and it seems I jumped alone."

"What do you mean jumped?"

I sigh and stop at the red light. "Imagine a cliff metaphorically. We are standing at the top. It's safe we know the footing. At the bottom is everything unknown. We can either jump into the unknown or stay in the safety of what we know. I jumped Harry. I jumped head first off the cliff." I glance up at him as I park in front of his house. "It was impulsive and I see now how pushy and touchy I was. You aren't ready. So for now..." I run my finger down his cheek to his jaw and down his neck. "Now we will stay on the top until you're ready. As I've said before it will always be you but i won't force it."

He shivers as my finger runs down his neck.

"Lewis." He whispers. "I want to be ready. I like you. A lot. I'm just...scared."

I nod. My hand drops. "I know Harold. I know."

I lean my head against the seat and close my eyes. I feel lips against my cheek. I snap my eyes open and look his way as he opens and closes the door heading up to his house. He hasn't done that lately. I shrug and make the short drive to my house.

"LOUIS! LOUIS! OPEN IT!!!"

The twins run at me full speed before I even shut the door. My mum is behind them holding an envelope. I grab it from her and my bag hits the floor with a thud.

Royal College of Music.

I had applied over the summer. Liam had practically pushed me into it. I sent in a video of me playing the piano and some past videos of me just joking around playing random stuff. It was a long shot as they only accepted the best of the best. It was very hard to get in but if you wanted anything to do with music it was the best school. I was gasping for air. It didn't seem to be reaching my lungs. I meet my mums eyes as I open the envelope.

"Dear Mr Tomlinson..." I begin reading aloud. "Oh my God."

My mum rushes to me and reads the words. She hugs me tight and the girls are tugging at my hands. "LOUIS! TELL US!"

"We are pleased to announce youre acceptance into our music program. We would like to offer you a full ride scholarship. We are looking forward to meeting you." I trail off. "I got in."

They hug my legs tight. The door opens and hits my back so I shuffle forward and look back at Lottie and Fizzy.

"Why are we hugging Rocky Balboa?" Lottie asks.

I roll my eyes at the nickname. She hasn't stopped since my expulsion and finding out I've been getting into fights.

"I got in Lots." I show her the letter and they both read it.

"OH MY GOD LOUIS!!"

They hug me as well. I hadn't told anyone but my family, Harry and Liam that I had actually applied. I never thought I'd get in. I wish I could celebrate this with Harry.

My brain halts at that thought. It's about a 4 and a half hour drive with no traffic taking toll roads. He's already afraid that hes holding me back. He doesn't realize that it's the opposite. Hes making me want to succeed. For him. For me. For us. Finally my sisters release me and I go upstairs to get ready for the game.

Me: Harry. I have news.

Hazza: are you going to tell me now or...

Me: in person. you coming to the game?

Hazza: liam is bringing me

Me: tonight then.

I put my jersey on and grab the duffle bag with my clothes and shoes in it for after the game. I'm nervous to tell Harry about my acceptance with everything going on it could push us further apart. It could also pull us closer together. I throw my things in my car and drive to the stadium.

I meet Zayne, Nick and the rest of the guys in the locker room. We head onto the field and I immediately scan the crowds for Harry. I stop walking when I see him. My eyes widen and I feel like I could fall to my knees.

"HEY! 28!" Liam yells then ducks down behind Harry.

I smile and wave at him. He's wearing my old practice jersey. I realized I had lost it but I just figured one of the girls took it. I didn't know he did. What did this mean? Typically when someone wore your jersey it was your girlfriend or I guess boyfriend in this case. I don't have time to think about it in depth because Zayne is dragging me to the warm ups.

The game starts and Nick scores our first goal. The other team steals the ball and races toward where Zayne waits and when they kick it...he blocks it. The crowd cheers. I take the ball over and dribble it down the field. I pass it back and forth until I reach the goal then I let it fly.

"Way to go Captain!" Nick claps me on the back.

Halftime comes and I run up into the stands. I reach Liam and Harry and Liam announces he is going to get snacks.

"So this is where my old jersey went?" I nudge his shoulder with mine.

He blushes. "Yeah. Louis?" I look into his eyes as he grabs my face in his hands. "I've thought about everything."

"Oh yeah?"

He nods. "I want to jump with you. When you explained it today I thought over everything. I've never felt more alive than with you. I've never felt the...passion with anyone else."

I smile and he kisses my lips quickly. "So...no more fear that you're holding me back? No more hesitation. No more asking me why? Because I honestly don't think I can control myself around you anymore."

He shakes his head. "No. I'm all in. Now what was your news?"

"Come on Captain. It's time for the second half." Nick says as he heads back down.

I kiss Harry's cheek and stand up. "After. Also keep the jersey it looks better on you and I like people knowing who you're with."

The second half passes and the score is tied 2-2. The other team has the ball and is heading down the field. Without the man noticing I stole the ball and smiled as I ran the opposite way. I stop and stare at the goal keeper. He's getting nervous.  There's 60 seconds left in the game. I kick the ball and watch as it goes left. The goal keeper dived to the right thinking I'd kick it that way. I smile as it soars in and hits the net. The crowd erupts with cheers and Zayne rushes me and lifts me up. After the celebration the team heads for the showers. I make mine quick and get dressed in my tank and jean shorts and slip my vans on. Outside Harry and Liam are waiting against the wall for me.

"LEWIS!!" Harry yells as he runs to hug me.

I catch him and pull him tight against me. "We won." I announce.

"Now what's the news you had?"

I chuckle. "Okay. Liam." He walks over and I pull them to my car.

I grab the envelope and hold it out to Harry. His hands shake but he tries to hide it with a smile. He opens it and pulls out the letter. They both read it and I'm bouncing from one foot to the other.

"Congratulations Louis!" Liam says and claps my shoulder. "We'll be in London together then since I got into the university of London."

I nod and shake his shoulder. "Congrats mate."

"You got in." Harry whispers.

"Haz. I'll be back every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Most weekends. I promise." I say the words quickly fearing the worst.

He smiles and jumps into my arms wrapping his legs around my waist. "YOU GOT IN!!" He kisses my cheek. "I'm so proud of you boo."

I smile back and wrap my arms around his waist. I spin him around and then set him down on the floor. He pulls back and kisses my lips quickly.

"Promise me Louis."

I nod. "I promise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.9K 766 29
Harry's life was perfect. Stunning girlfriend. Good friends. The picture perfect idea of his future after graduation. So when his mother uprooted his...
577K 25.6K 32
Louis Tomlinson is the world's most successful and well-known record artist. His fans (who call themselves "Louies") know everything about him-- so t...
418K 6.7K 62
Louis Tomlinson is a 1/4 member of Last Direction Harry Styles is a best mate to Niall Horan and a fan of LD Will Niall make them two talk, or will...
400 40 8
Based in a strict religious settlement in England, sixteen year old Harry Styles had never had much to do with the misfit Louis Tomlinson. Blind to l...