The House Of Dragons Must Sta...

Per SimiKhan2

A fan of the show finds himself waking up in the body of Aegon the Second. With just one day before King Vise... Més

Rude Awakening
A Normal Family Dinner
Promise of a Better Future
To Usurp Or Not To Usurp
The House of Dragons Stands United
Acknowledgment and Future Plans
The GoldTower Rebellion
Queen of the Seven Kingdoms

New Reality and Dark Sister in Action

3.1K 84 6
Per SimiKhan2

It took me a while, but I got dressed and left the room. Everyone I passed in the hallways would pause for a moment and do a little bow, everyone except some of the servant girls. They would still bow but shuffle on quickly.

I felt bad because I remembered reading how Aegon had preyed on many of these girls. I could not undo the damage he had done but I could stop it from happening again.

Loud clanking sounds broke me out of my thoughts and diverted my attention to a large opening in the wall, almost like a balcony. I stepped to the balcony and saw a crowd surrounding two men, one brunette and one with the Targaryen platinum blonde hair, as they sparred intensely. The blonde man had worn an eye patch.

Aemond. And the brunette sparring with him must be Cole.

Less than a minute later Aemond held the point of his sword to Cole's neck clearly having bested him. I couldn't hear what was being said down in the training grounds, but I saw Aemond turn sharply to face two young, brown-haired, boys. They were dressed nicer than the rest of the crowd.

Jace and Luke. I concluded.

It seemed one of the boys was going to respond to Aemond when the large wooden doors enclosing the training grounds opened and a group of men came in riding their horses. They were led by a dark-skinned man with curly platinum hair.

Vaemond.

He rode in all arrogant and smug as if he had a stick up his ass. Little did he know he was riding in for his death. Well when you f*ck around, you find out.

With Vaemond's arrival, the crowd began dispersing and very soon the training grounds cleared. I roamed about for a few more minutes and then found my way back to my room.

A few hours later a servant girl came, barely halfway through the door, to inform me that the Queen demanded my presence at the royal court.

It was only after she left that I realized I had no idea which way the court was. Nonetheless, I went out of the room looking. Luckily, a few minutes later, I ran into Helaena at the bottom of a staircase.

"Mother has called us to the court," she said softly.

"Yes. I was headed there now." I responded.

She stared at me blankly and then eyed me suspiciously.

"You came from your chambers?" She asked.

"Yes...?" I said, uncertain if that was the right answer.

She looked at me suspiciously for a few more seconds and then began walking up the stairs I had just walked down.

Dammit.

"Come," She said softly again, and I began following her. It took me less than a minute to realize I had been nearly the opposite way.

She definitely noticed it. Why didn't she say anything?

My eyes fixated on the back of her head as I panicked. But she continued walking in silence. None of her mannerisms seemed suspicious.

She is a dreamer; would she know that I wasn't actually her husband? Brother? Husband? Ugh! Why did the Targaryens have to be so disgusting? Wait! If I was to continue as Aegon, would that mean I would have to have spousal relations with my sister? Well, she isn't really my sister. Right? Not me, me.

The train of thought began giving me a headache and before I realized I was standing next to Helaena in front of a large double door. Helaena gave a head nod to the two guards who stood on either side of the door who then opened it, allowing us to go inside. The courtroom was buzzing with many groups of twos or threes, mostly men. Lords, I guess.

I saw Alicent near the head of the room. She gave us a quick glance as we walked in but quickly rolled her eyes away. Clearly, she was still very angry.

Understandable.

Next to Alicent stood Aemond. He was extremely still, almost as if he was a statue, and his unblinking eyes were fixated dead ahead of him. I followed his gaze and saw Jace and Luke. They were standing next to a woman, pale skin and platinum hair, mesmerizing. She had each of her arms around each of the boys' shoulders.

Rhaenyra.

Right next to her stood a man. Same pale skin and platinum hair cut to his shoulders. His hardened face sent a chill down my spine and if looks could kill, his stare as he watched me, I would have already dropped dead.

Daemon.

I purposely avoided eye contact with him and instead looked at the scatter of sharp metal. Hundreds, no thousands, of swords spread out near the head of the throne room. I followed the spread of the swords up the steps until my eyes met the monstrous cluster.

The Iron Throne! It's huge! And frightening!

Right in front of the throne stood a man. He was no Targaryen; the blown hair and scruffy brown beard made it clear. He looked older than most people in the room. But the metal pin on his chest was the dead giveaway to his identity.

The Hand of the King, Otto Hightower.

I followed Helaena to stand next to Alicent and Aemond.

"Brother," I said as a greeting.

He finally blinked, the first time I saw him do it, and slowly turned his head towards me. He looked at me curiously.

Clearly, I had acted out of character again.

Aemond looked on for a few moments and then gave the slightest nod before continuing to fixate on the Targaryens across from us.

"Though it is the great hope of this court that Lord Corlys Velaryon survive his wounds," Otto HighTower's voice boomed across the courtroom, commanding the attention of all present. "we gather here with the grim task of dealing with the succession of Driftmark." He continued. "As Hand, I speak with the King's voice on this and all other matters." With that, he sat on the Iron Throne. "The crown will now hear the petitions. Ser Vaemond of House Velaryon" Otto concluded.

Ser Vaemond stepped up and began his petition. Even as a firm supporter of Team Black I had to admit everything Ser Vaemond said was factually correct. Unfortunately for him, he managed to antagonize the King but more importantly the Rogue Prince.

After Vaemond finished his petition about why he should be the next Lord of Driftmark instead of Lucerys, the Hand called Rhaenyra to present her petition.

Rhaenyra made her way to the center of the room.

"If I am to grace this farce with some answer," She began. Clearly, she was over everyone's shit. "I will start by reminding the court that nearly 20 years ago, in this very..." Rhaenyra was cut off by the door of the courtroom opening.

I closed my eyes and tried to contain my smile as I remembered what was about to happen.

Shit is about to go down.

The loud taps of a walking cane diverted everyone's attention to the now-open doors.

"King Viserys of House Targaryen," a member of the Kingsguard announced. I saw the meek, crouched figure of King Viserys come into view as he struggled to walk with this stick. "the First of His Name, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm."

There was a mixture of happiness and concern upon seeing the King but a collective look of shock. Otto HighTower's shock as he rose from the throne and Ser Vaemond's as he shifted his eyes from Otto to Alicent were most amusing of all.

Everyone looked shocked except Helaena who simply smiled at her father.

King Viserys struggled to make his way through the courtroom. It was an amazing scene to watch in the show but up close and personal, it was excruciating. The King continued his way to the throne, slicing through the tension in the court with every last inch of strength and willpower he had for his daughter. Truthfully, I didn't like Viserys in the beginning but after this, he had my respect.

"I will sit the throne today," Viserys told Otto, his voice barely audible.

"Your Grace," Otto responded, his voice even less audible.

Viserys continued, struggling to take the first step. One of the Kingsguard rushed to grab him but he shook him off. While my gaze continued to follow the King, from the corner of my eye, I saw Daemon beginning to walk up to the King. I wanted to go and help him, but I remembered the last endearing moment that the two brothers shared and did not wish to take it away from either of them.

Viserys barely took two more steps when he nearly lost his balance and the gold crown fell from his head to the ground. Fortunately, Daemon had reached the King and helped him keep balance. Then Daemon bent down and picked the crown for his King.

"I said I'm fine," Viserys spoke but turned to see his brother. The King said nothing more as the Rogue Prince helped him to the throne and then placed the crown on his head before returning to Rhaenyra's side.

"I must... admit... my confusion," The King spoke out to the court after taking a moment to catch his breath on the throne.

Viserys quickly undermined Vaemond's claim demanding to know why a dispute even occurred for a settled succession. Vaemond's petition lost further merit when, upon the King's call, Princess Rhaenys stepped forward stating the current Lord of Driftmark's choice of heir. Moreso, she accepted Princess Rhaenyra's proposal to marry Jace and Luke to Baela and Rhaena, securing not only Velaryon blood in Driftmark but also the Iron Throne.

King Viserys ordered the matter settled. The Blacks openly showed their relief while the Hightowers barely contained their disappointment and frustration.

All stood quiet until Ser Vaemond spoke up a moment later.

"You break law..." he began, addressing the King.

Oh boy! Here we go.

"and centuries of tradition to install your daughter as heir. Yet you dare tell me... who deserves to inherit the name Velaryon. No. I will not allow it."

"Allow it?" The King questioned. "Do not forget yourself, Vaemond."

I knew how this would end. I even felt bad. Daemon effectively ended the male heritage of the Velaryons but then again, Ser Vaemond should have held his tongue.

"That is no true Velaryon, and certainly no nephew of mine," Vaemond shouted.

"Go to your chambers. You have said enough." Rhaenyra told Vaemond calmly.

Should have listened.

"Lucerys is my true-born grandson," Viserys stated. "And you... are no more than the second son of Driftmark."

"You... may run your house as you see fit..." Vaemond's spite poured out. "but you will not decide the future of mine. My house survived the Doom and a thousand tribulations besides. And gods be damned... I will not see it ended on the account of this..."

Don't say it.

"Say it," Daemon said softly. I saw his hand strengthen its grip on Dark Sister.

Don't say it.

Vaemond paused for a few seconds.

"Her children... are BASTARDS!" he said with all his chest.

He said it. His fault honestly for not realizing Daemon's tone. That was not an "if you dare" it was clearly an "I just need the reason".

Vaemond then turned to face the King. All eyes turned to the King except mine. I saw Daemon calmly walk behind Vaemond and assume stance.

"And she... is... a whore" Vaemond concluded.

A loud audible gasp followed by whispers filled the courtroom.

King Viserys rose from his throne.

"I... will have your tongue for that," he said, as he unsheathed his dagger.

But before anyone could respond, in a single, swift motion, Daemon unsheathed Dark Sister and cut through half of Vaemond's face.

"He can keep his tongue," Daemon said with a smug grin.

Everyone in the courtroom shook. Even Aemond took a surprised step back.

I, despite being completely mentally prepared, could not help but flinch too. It was one thing on screen but seeing a man's head get flown off and his brain spill onto the floor was disgustingly difficult to bear.

Next to me Helaena dug her fingers in both ears and winced, her eyes shut tightly. I couldn't help but hold onto her arm. She slowly opened her eyes, and a single drop of tear trickled down her cheek.

"A son for a son will drown the realm in blood." I stared at her, horrified. I knew what she meant. I hoped it wasn't something she saw in her dreams but unfortunately, she had.

"Disarm him!" Otto yelled. The Kingsguard all began stepping towards Daemons with their weapons unsheathed.

My attention was drawn back to the drama in court.

"No need," Daemon said softly as he took a step back, wiping the blood off his sword.

All attention immediately diverted to King Viserys, however, who collapsed on the throne.

"Call the Maesters!" Alicent yelled as she ran towards her husband.

Rhaenyra hurried behind her.

Ser Cole grabbed the King from one side, and a maester from the other as they guided him out of the courtroom and to the maesters.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

17K 513 9
The Dance of The Dragons ushered in an era where House Targaryen kept suffering until they were reduced to just two. But what if before the events be...
35.7K 1.3K 11
Rhaegar Targaryen is the eldest surviving son of Viserys Targaryen and Aemma Arryn. Born in 94 AC with memories of a future yet to come Rhegar must g...
47.9K 1.5K 41
Maenya Targaryen. Born in 96 AC, The first child of Aemma and Viserys Targaryen, All seemed well, Maenya was "The gem of the Kingdoms" her younger si...
366K 18.1K 40
Alicent meets a woman that could save her from the life she never wanted. But will this mystery woman be able to keep up with their ruse or will the...