LOSING MATE

By JJOSEFF

Shakira Oyster, a young girl returned home because of a relationship with the pack, but she made a mistake wi... More

1- LIFE IN THE CITY
2- A NIGHT WITH BEASTS
3- THE KILLINGS
4- COME BACK HOME
5- LOST
7- THE WOLF
9 -LOCK MYSELF IN DEPRESSION
11- ENTANGLED
12-PLAN TO LEAVE
13- THE HUNTERS
14-IN THE CAGE
15- LOVE OF THE ALPHA
16- STRONGER THAN I THOUGHT
17- WHO IS ALEXA?
18- FAR FROM THE PACK

8 -THE TENSION

10 1 0
By JJOSEFF

The desperation in his voice shocked me. I couldn't control myself; the words slipped out.

"Shakira"

"Shakira"

He repeated it, and the way he said my name had me shivering and closing my eyes. He made my name sound like life itself.

"Shakira." Green eyes repeated it again, as if he couldn't get enough of saying it.

"Stop!" I gasped out. The shivering was even more intense.

"Sorry," he said, clearing his throat.

"Will you come out now?"

I didn't realize I was moving until I saw the light stinging my eyes. My eyes caught his. I was stuck; I couldn't talk, move, or even breathe! His body seemed as frozen as mine. He didn't look away, and neither did I.
Why am I like this?

A cough brought us out of our stares. My eyes landed on the guy from earlier. An irritated sigh left the man that I was staring at.

"Leave. Now." His voice was cold.
As Dimitri left, I felt nervous and relieved that I was alone with him.

"Explain." The only thing I could say was explain.

"Don't be scared of me when I tell you. I couldn't live with myself if you were scared of me," he whispered.

"What are you?"
My heartbeat was pounding loudly in my ears as I waited for an answer. Part of me demanded an answer; I needed it, but at the same time, the other half knew this answer would change everything.

"I'm a human-wolf" he blurted out.

"what?!"

"Werewolf," he repeated.

"No, you're not!" I exclaimed.

"It doesn't make sense; those aren't real!"

"Shakira, please trust me, okay?" He said calmly while slowly inching towards me.

"No," I protested.

"It-t doesn't...it." My voice chocked up as I tried to get my words out. Searing red eyes flashed in front of me, causing me to cry out and stumble back. It does make sense.

That night, I realized my parents  wasn't human. It was really fast. It moved in those shadows, as if watching me. Staring at me down like a predator does have a prey. If it weren't for the glowing eyes in the darkness, I wouldn't see it.

I didn't even know I was crying until a thumb rubbed them away.

"Shh, don't cry," he whispered.

His long arms wrapped around me, securing me in warmth. My face was buried deep into his chest. Kurt's head nuzzled into my neck, whispering on my skin. Instead of pushing him, I leaned into him, accepting the comfort he was offering me. The silent tears of before are now full-blown sobs. They racked through my body, shaking me, and those strong arms squeezed me tighter.
I hadn't really gotten a chance to really grieve my parents that night, and it hit me full force knowing they were truly gone.

After awhile of me in his arms crying my heart out and him holding me tightly to his chest, my cries became silent, and the tears slowed.

"I believe you," I mumbled into his chest.

"But why am I here? Why are you trying so hard for me to believe that you are...?"

Kurt's body tensed at my question. His lips ran up my neck, leaving pleasurable shocks in their wake.

"Because..." His breath tickled my ear.

"You're mine."
The words came out as a growl.

"You're mine. All of you is mine to kiss, to hold, and to love," he says. Kurt bit my neck before panting out, to pleasure.

"Hey! Stop it! What are you doing?" I interupt. Then he said, "You are mine; I am yours." I gasped out as he kissed the spot he bit. My body was frozen in his arms.

"I'm what?!"
I shrieked with disbelief.

"I don't understand."
He stared deeply into my eyes, causing a wave of calmness to wash over me.

"I'll tell you," he whispered. He let me go and gently pushed me over to the bed. I sat down hesitantly, and my eyes followed his movement as he crouched in front of me.

"We are humans but we have the ability to shift into real wolves whenever we desire, our kind maintaining the number of living on this villages" he said.

"How do you live with normal people?" I asked.

"Living with them is normal, but our space and action is limited, we don't want the world to identify us"

"We have ranks, people "Alpha" is the leader and uphold all responsibilities for the pack." He added to say.

I interrupted his talk. "How about Beta and Omega?"

His expression told me he was shocked that I knew that, but soon the shock turned to happiness.

"Yes," he smiled.

"That's right."

His smile caused my heart to stutter.

"But there is something special that werewolves have...mates." I don't know if it's the way he said it or the word itself, but it caused shocks to run through me.
I gasped at the feeling.

"Stop that."

My voice came out in a strained whisper.

"Sorry," he said. But I knew he wasn't.
"Mates are the one thing that matters most; there is nothing else. Just them. Mates are equal to soulmates."

My lips parted in shock at the new information. I was confused at first, but it dawned on me what he was implying.

"Am I?" "Yes, you are my mate, Shakira."
"But I'm human?"

He shook his head softly and grasped my hands in his large, rough ones.

"It doesn't matter; a mate is a mate. The species difference isn't a problem," he explained.

I stared at my hands that were ingulfed in his, and more and more questions came at me.

"Rank? What's your rank?"

My head lifted to meet his eyes. He paused a moment before replying.

"Alpha."

I nodded slowly, trying to get mad at what was happening.

"Since you mated to an Alpha, you get a special title, my love." My cheeks flushed from his words, and a swarm of butterflies tickled inside me.

"Me..?"

" Yes, you will be a Luna, mother of the pack and mate to an Alpha," he added. How is that possible? I destined to this kind of being? Whatever it is, I am not interested.

Suddenly a question rose inside me, and I couldn't help but ask.

"Kurt?"

He hummed, kissing the back of my hands.

"Who killed my parents?" Kurt tensed.

"I think that's enough for this time"

"Tell me!" I yelled, my voice cracking from the emotion. Wanting to know the truth.
His face was sad; he didn't want to hurt me more, but I needed to know.

"The rouge,"

"You called "rouge" those monster out there?"

"Yes, rouge is the same on us, a wolf but their heart is like a stone, they are different from us. All they can feel is anger. Rogues can happen three ways: a mate's death, banishment, or leaving a pack," he said.

Tears ran down my face, staining my cheeks. Kurt pulled his hands away from mine only to sit next to me and pull my body onto his lap. I craved the comfort he offered; he made the pain lessen.

"I got you, Shakira. I got you."
I fell asleep in his arms after crying. I wish for nothing more to take away the pain I feel. Even though the moment was bad, I let a content smile slip onto my lips. Having him let me into his arms is the greatest feeling. I wonder how his lips taste and how rough his skin is when my soft hands slide upon it.

He groaned lowly at my thoughts.
I sighed when I realized I had to go. But Kurt placed me on the bed and covered my body with a thick blanket when he saw me shiver. He stared at my peaceful face, wishing he could always look this way and never have to worry or fear anything.
Kurt's hand ran through his hair roughly as he left the room and let me go to sleep.

"How is she?"
I didn't even have to look to know who it was.

"She cried to sleep," Kurt said.

"She'll get better, Dimitri. I pray that Shakira will accept me as her mate," Kurt added.

"I hope you're right," Dimitri said.

"C'mon. We have work to do."
Kurt muttered, walking down the long corridor and the stairs with Dimitri.
Before the two could make it to the Alpha's office, a body slammed into Dimitri's chest. A feminine arm wrapped around his waist, holding him tight.

Kurt released a bitter smile at the sight.
in his thoughts, "I want Shakira to run into my arms, trusting my love to keep her safe. And no, bastard rogues had to ruin that."
"Hello, my fluffy-haired beauty," Dimitri said, giving his mate a kiss.

"Hello, my handsome dog." He growled and nipped at her lip. His mate, Julia, laughed loudly and jumped away. Julia finally noticed the Alpha's presence and coughed while straightening out her skirt.

"How's your mate, Alpha?" Julia asked.
"She's asleep."

She nodded before looking at Kurt with questioning eyes. Kurt sighed.

"What?" she asked.
"I told you many times to call me "Kurt" by name," the Alpha said.

"I'm sorry, but is she going to be okay?"
Kurt stared up at the ceiling, thinking about the question, "Will I leave or stay when I fully understand?

"I think it's a little early to tell if she is," Alpha said, ignoring the feeling of his wolf clawing at him inside to be with his mate.
Julia gave a small smile before giving Dimitri a final kiss and leaving.

Kurt kept his gaze hard as he pushed away the feelings of envy and headed to the large, dark wooden door that led to his office. A heavy sigh left him as he sank into the soft chair. He hunched over a bit and looked at Dimitri, who was sitting in the chair in front of his desk.

My ears unconsciously strained to hear my friend's steady heartbeat; a warm feeling bloomed in my chest, knowing I was alright for now.

A shriek tore itself from my throat as I threw my body forward into a sitting position. My heart pounded in my chest, sweat covered my body, and all I could think about were those red eyes. They plagued my nightmares, replaying the scenes of horror I witnessed.

I shakily rose to my feet and headed toward the bathroom located in the room. My body slowed as my feet dragged behind me. I immediately turned on the faucet at the sink. My hands were cupping the cold water and splashing it onto my face. I felt relief once the cold water hit my skin, causing my body to cool down.My head turned upward so I could look into the mirror. I grimaced at the blue bags under my eyes. I always had bags under my eyes, but they were never this prominent. A knock on the door caused me to look away from my appearance toward the door.

"Shakira?"

A muffled male voice rang out behind the door. The conversation I had with Kurt flashed into my mind.

"Right, werewolves." Another knock sounded with a more urgent voice.

"Shakira?"
"I'm fine!" I hollered.
"I'm fine."

The knocking ceased, and a sigh of relief left my mouth. My eyes scanned the room, and I noticed large windows on both sides of the bed. I headed toward the one closest to me, which is on the right, and gazed out. Trees and darkness were all I could see outside. My eyes widened a bit when I realized that this window is three stories high.
How big is this place?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 4.6K 50
~Sometimes It's Better To Let A Queen Rule The Kingdom~ Blair Montanelli has always had feelings for her best friend, she knew that much. When Blair...
402K 21.1K 41
She's a fighter filled with anger and who does not trust easily if at all. Losing her dad 6 months ago Mac ended up with her who then shipped her off...
230K 5.9K 59
Their's all sorts of names for them; deserters, runaways, mutts...but in this world we call them Rogues. Celia ran away from her problems a long ti...
15K 534 30
Kate is a 17 year old girl. She is a wolf and she lives in the Moon Blood pack. When she turns 18 she finds her mate, but it is the one she the leas...