LOSING MATE

By JJOSEFF

Shakira Oyster, a young girl returned home because of a relationship with the pack, but she made a mistake wi... More

1- LIFE IN THE CITY
2- A NIGHT WITH BEASTS
3- THE KILLINGS
4- COME BACK HOME
7- THE WOLF
8 -THE TENSION
9 -LOCK MYSELF IN DEPRESSION
11- ENTANGLED
12-PLAN TO LEAVE
13- THE HUNTERS
14-IN THE CAGE
15- LOVE OF THE ALPHA
16- STRONGER THAN I THOUGHT
17- WHO IS ALEXA?
18- FAR FROM THE PACK

5- LOST

15 1 0
By JJOSEFF

I woke up hearing those birds chirping around. Sunlight sneaks up on my cheek.

"Can you shut up?" I yelled. I'm annoyed to hear the animal growl as if whispering in my ear. I don't want to open my eyes to get up, as it feels good to rest for such a long time, especially where I'm lying now, which is soft and warms my body. I'm so comfortable that I don't want to move. I felt a slight shift under my body, and then I panicked a bit until memories of yesterday came back, even the ones I didn't want to remember.

The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was black. My head was nuzzled deep in Kurt's fur. I slowly sat up from my current pillow, scooted back some, and took a look around. Everything had a slight glow to it from the sun's gaze upon it. A whine from beside me brought me out of my trance. Kurt sat up quickly, looking around him while producing more whines and whimpers that tore my heart apart.

"Kurt?" His head snapped quickly, looking at me with relief. He came over to me and sat on his back, looking down at me.

"Wow, you're huge!" I said. The wolf just gave me a wolfy grin. I slowly petted Kurt's head, listening to his growls of approval, which sent shocks down my spine. I shivered at the feeling. Drifting away, I thought of what I was going to do next. I can't go back. That was for sure. Need money. "Oh boy, I need help," I said.

I didn't really have friends growing up in this town; I was different. I wasn't into make-up like other girls, and I'm kind of weird. I hid in the shadows, which I liked. Anyway, back to the point: I don't have friends to stay with.

"Um....oh! Uncle Rob! He is my dad's brother and doesn't live here either. And is Uncle Rob like my parents? a wolf? Oh no.. The city is too far from here anyway. Walking in the woods wasn't easy.

"Now, where exactly am I?" I said as I went for a walk in the woods. Then I remembered my uncle Rob, who lives on Cacho Street. I often went to see him when I was in the city, but he didn't know that I was here now, lost in the forest. While I was thinking, I stopped.

"Where the fuck am I?" Kurt, who was beside me, growled low but dangerously.

"What's wrong, Kurt?" He growled at me, pointing his snout at my face. Touching my cheek, he shook his head as a sign of "No.".

"My head?" No.     

Slowly crouching down to my knees, he approached me, putting his cold snout on my lips. He growled again, pulling back.

"My mouth?" He nodded at me.

"Was it when I said "fuck? "His large growling release to me. He has no idea how disgusted I am with myself this time. 

"Geez! Okay, I won't cuss!" Kurt nodded his head in satisfaction. I saw Kurt's ears twitch. Softly as he could grab my hand in his mouth, pulling me gently in a random direction.

"What are you doing?"  Ignoring me, he continued pulling me. Well then... After a while, which seemed like hours, Kurt brought me to a nice to rest.

"Holy shit, a f-fish?" I stuttered after the wolfy glare Kurt gave me. For a handsome creature, you can pack one heck of a glare! In return for that, I got a smug look. Raising an eyebrow, I said,

"Well, thanks for helping me, Kurt. I better get going." A loud growl mixed with whimpering interrupted me. Seeing a heartbroken look in his eyes, my body was suddenly filled with guilt. Crouching down so I was looking up at him, I lightly put my arms around him. He got quiet as soon as I touched him. I felt vibration against me; it took me a second to realize that he was purring. I couldn't help but smile.

"I'm sorry, I was joking that I wouldn't leave you. I don't want to be alone either." I told him. Pulling back and standing up, I dusted dirt off of me. I started walking down the long road, with Kurt along beside me so close that I didn't even feel the slightest breeze touch me. I feel safe.

Everything was pitch black. My body is freezing. I felt numb. I was walking endlessly into nothing. I want to get out of this place.

Suddenly, there was a harsh, cold breath against my neck. Sending terrifying chills down my spine.  Kurt's fur touched my fingers; he was about to touch it with his head. I locked my gaze on him till my eyesight went black.

Then... I passed out.

A rough hand was placed on my arms. I could feel its nails digging into my skin. Blood running down into my arms. It hissed in satisfaction. I was abruptly turned around to face it. Glowing, those red eyes were in front of me. Staring. The same red eyes that killed my parents.

I screamed! 

Waking up covered in sweat while still screaming harshly and gulping in breaths to function again. I looked around; I saw trees, then I remembered Kurt. But I fell down to the ground.

"Boogg!"

I don't recognize that it was a big rock. I felt asleep from the highest rock.

"Kurt!"  I call out.  I was no longer warm, which meant Kurt was gone.

"Kurt?" I croaked out, still shaking. Standing wobbly on my legs.

"Kurt? Where are you? Kurt!"  Using trees as a grip, I walked through the dark place. After walking for a long time, my legs couldn't stand anymore. Dropping down on the cold ground, I managed to call out his name again.

"Kurt!"  

I curled myself up into a ball, trying to stay warm. I need my Kurt. All of a sudden, a large growl was heard above me.

But it's not Kurt?

Being stupid, I looked up. Craning my head just to see him, he is tall, but Kurt is bigger.
His eyes were a soft brown, and his coat of fur was gray. He growled at me angrily, I felt like this is my final moment. Looking into his eyes, my heart beat increased, letting my brain burn with fire.

"Please, don't hurt me. Please."

His stance changed. He sniffed the air and immediately backed away, whimpering. Moving his head down into submission.
Frowning, I stared at the wolf.

"Hey. It's ok," I say softly, letting my mind wander to why he is doing that.

Slowly bringing his head up, he took a cautious step back further away. Then he sat on his hind legs, staring at me as I stared at him. I don't know why, but I have a safe vibe around him, but the feeling with Kurt is a lot stronger. Remembering Kurt, my face fell.Seeing my expression, the wolf looked at me, whining softly.

"Where's Kurt...?" my broken voice spoke. The wolf grimaced at the emotion in my voice.

"I need Kurt. I need my wolf," I said.
It's only been two days, and I'm already so attached to him that I have the feeling of being beside him and feeling his warmth.
What's wrong with me?

A dying smell suddenly came through my nose, making my eyes burn. A fierce growl came from the gray wolf. Jumping up, he quickly came into a protective stance in front of me.

Fear and anxiety pumped through me.
A deranged growl came from up ahead. You could hear the harsh breathing, and its smell was getting stronger, making me sick.
Dark, bloody eyes suddenly appeared from behind the bushes.

My whimpering made the wolf in front of me growl even more. The red eyes coming out of the bushes made me cringe.

His thin blonde fur matted down with blood, his snout covered in scars, and a large row of teeth curled up in a snarl.
Feeling my chest tighten from the fear and panic, I darted around for escape. There are none.

At that thought, my chest tightened even more. "Kurt, I need you." I call out like an idiot, calling for my security guard to save me.

My heart is breaking from Kurt leaving me alone. "I thought you would be there for me." I said.

A yelp from the blonde wolf brought me back into this nightmare called reality.
My protector had his jaws set on the blonde's neck; his paws tried to push him away, but it was no use.

A sickening crunch came from the blonde's neck; his eyes were now dull and had no life in them. Dropping him, the wolf quickly looked towards me, glancing up and down, as if checking me.

With increasing of breath, "I'm...f-fine..."
Relaxing his stance, he padded toward me, but not too close, like he was scared to be too close.

"Where's my wolf?"
Nervously, his eyes looked everywhere but me.

Thinking the worst, I began packing.
He left me, or he's dead?
No! He left me; he's not dead.
His eyes widening at the sight of me panicking, he glazed over.
Gulping in the air harshly still wasn't enough to stop the black spots in my eyes.
With one word on my mind, I hear a voice that was saying

"I'm sorry, my love."

Then, with darkness overcoming me, I blacked out. Then the next thing happened.
Softness is the first thing that comes to mind.

I want to get away, but I can't see anything. My eyes can't be open. My body is like a heavy stone buried in my bed. I started panicking. I quickly went to sit up, only to be stuck. My panic levels are rising even more. Across my stomach was a long, muscular arm.

Cringing, I slowly touched his arm with my small, pale hands.
Tugging on the heavy arm, only to be tightened around me.
A squeal left my lips.
The arm tightened even more, making me wince a bit.

The shuffling of the bodies as they sat up could be heard. Cautiously, I turned to look to the left; the sight made my throat choke up.
shoulder-length pitch black hair, high cheekbones, deep forest green eyes, and full red lips.My eyes trailing to the sharp jawline, broad shoulders, and naked chest.
Snapping out of the trance, I quickly jumped out of his arms. A growl-like whimper could be heard as I ran to the door.

My hands were shaking as I began twisting the obvious locked door. My breath caught in my throat as large hands were pressed against each side of my head, trapping me.
His chest pressed against my back, the heat surrounding me. His stubble scratched my shoulder and neck, making a shiver run down my spine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 50 33
Angel just moved to a new town in order to start her life over. She left behind everything that she owned and just ran. She needed a fresh start wher...
1.5K 69 19
"I can't stay here." "I need you here." "I need my pack." "I need my mate." "Correction, you want your mate." ******************************* Blaire...
32.6K 2.1K 46
A spin-off from the Rootbridge series. Callie's wolf is out of control and therapy isn't helping her understand the fragments of memories she has abo...
69.6K 1.6K 26
After Layla is forced on a rip across the country to visit all of the packs in the U.S.A. a lot of unexpected things happens. She meets her mate for...