Vincent's Betrayal

By Rg-wolfe

She was always her twins shadow. The dark silhouette that hid in the background while her sister took all the... More

Chapter~1
Chapter~2
Chapter~3
Chapter~4
Chapter~5
Chapter~6
Chapter~7
Chapter~8
Chapter~9
Chapter~10
Chapter~11
Chapter~12
Chapter~13
Chapter~14
Chapter~15
Chapter~16
Chapter~17
Chapter~18
Chapter~19
Chapter~20
chapter~21
Chapter~22
Chapter~23
Chapter~24
Chapter~25
Chapter~26
Chapter~27
Chapter~28
Chapter~29
Chapter~30
Chapter~32
Chapter~33
Chapter~34
Chapter~35
Chapter~36
Chapter~37

Chapter~31

1.8K 75 6
By Rg-wolfe

E l S P E T H   S E E M E D  S H O C K—E D at the revelation. I never told her about where I came from or what I went through, just that I left my old pack to pursue a different life. A more human life rather than a wolfs.

"My past resides in blue stone. Vincent Ford was my mate but also my twin sisters. He felt the pull more so towards her and pursued it. One thing led to another and they were basically mated and married off and I was alone. I was beaten to death by my own family and Alpha. However, with Celestè here she got me out, nursed me back to health gave me a fat wad of cash and I fucked off to Valanthea which is where I bought Clementine valley and built on the land"

"Hadley. How did I not know any of this about you why did you never say before?" Elspeth's voice was of pure pity and I did not like that at all.

"What so you could throw me a pity party? Look down on me and my weaknesses. Apart from the people at this table it is not to be known to anyone else" my teeth clench.

Elspeth clears her throat "Hadley you should know by now sympathy is not my style. I'm just simply nosey is all" she shrugs.

"Fuckin hell Hadley. That's crazy. Actually you know what yeah fuck the lot of them at blue stone. Hope they all die" she goes on without a care in the world.

Her hoping they all die brought a slight smirk to my face and a little chuckle. Matteo also gave a little laugh but celestè just continued to sip her drink, keeping her classiness about her that she always has.

"Well anyway that's the tale of the century and I have no business reliving what I have already lived through once upon a time ago. I'm a forty year old woman I don't have time to play games and fight wars for people that I wish would die in a house fire" I sip my wine almost as though I was dying of an unbearable thirst.

"The more I talk about it the more I think about it the more unsettled my soul becomes. I hate all of them and dying in this war for them is out of the question. Maybe Marcus is doing me a favour" I scoff.

Matteo comes to my side, taking the seat next to me on my right and putting an arm around me in attempts to soothe me.

Celestè's soft voice is directed at me "Now you don't really believe that Hadley. I know you don't. Marcus is clearly an alpha déséquilibré who must be stopped. You only fight in a war when you have something to fight for that's important to you. Is there anything from blue stone that could possibly persuade you to join the fight against your own judgement and distaste for it?"

I have to think for a second. Nothing pops into mind. Nothing at all.

I look at her in the eyes "nope nothing"

Her brows furrowed "what about your friend? Maya?"

My face pales again, I can feel the actual colour fading from my complexion making it ghastly white. God. Maya. I'd totally forgotten about her still being at Blue Stone in this moment with my mind focusing on the one thing that never goes away. HIM.

"Yes. Your right" I tell her slowly
"I forgot about Maya"

"Who's Maya?"

"Maya was my best friend growing up. We were thick as thieves. She was always there for me and me her. I have no idea what she gets up to now a days" I say in response to Elspeth.

I couldn't talk about anymore of this now I had to find some solitude. "Excuse me please" my chair makes the same scuffle noise from before as I rise and leave the table, exiting the dining room and heading towards my bed chamber for the night.

I think my Paris trip will be cut short now, I'm too stressed to be here. Too far away from my home and my business.

I'm a work-aholic. I don't have to think when I'm working I just do what I have to do and get to escape whatever the hell goes on inside my head.

Over the years I had been sending money anonymously to Maya. I sent the money to her mothers address once I started making a decent profit.

Whether she knew it was me or not I don't know, I never left a name or some kind of trade mark or even a clue. Just a white envelope with her address.

It's me overcompensating for not being there, for leaving her. She's the only one I care about and I would love to know how she is? Did she find a mate? Have children? A new best friend?

I just had to sleep off the rest of tonight. Rest is all I need. Then tomorrow I'm back on my game.

I'll give Marcel a call when I'm back at Clementine Valley and ask him to set up a meeting.

Matteo's POV:

Hadley had left the room a while ago and we all just stayed at the table. Not really speaking. Elspeth was the first to break the silence.
"So whats happening then?"

Celestè exhaled "I wonder if you should speak to Hadley about inviting Marcel here. I mean maybe if they can talk and work out something so that Hadley can protect Maya but still keep a distance from the mess this war will cause"

"What's so special about Maya?" I asked and shrugged my shoulders. I knew about Maya but not the extent of their friendship or how deep it really was. Hadley really never talked about her just like she never talked about her siblings, or her parents, or mate. Anyone from her past life really.

We were best friends, we told each other everything there is to know about one another, however, we did try to only tell our stories to one another once and once only after that we wouldn't talk about it.

"A childhood friend is important, we don't forget them especially when it's a best friend. Yes sometimes we grow apart from them but we never forget the part they played in your youth, your best years" Celestè smiled.

I studied her face, her smile. I loved it. She was beautiful. I felt like holding her hand in mine. Wanting to be next to her and her warmth. Her kind welcoming aura. I wonder why she is mateless. Any male would be lucky to have this hermosa by his side.

"I don't think we should do anything until morning. What would be best for us all is some rest" Celestè raises herself up from the table using the palms of her hands.

I also get up out of my seat not taking my eyes off of Celestè. Her ice blue eyes are captivating my attention. She catches me staring and has a slight blush to her cheeks.

Her lips are shaped to from a smile, no teeth just a subtle and polite grin. We again get caught up in another stare with one another.

God looking at her eyes, the blush on her cheeks, her ruby red lips. What those lips could do to me. I bite my own lip, enjoying the moment where it feels like it's just us two together. 

"Ehem. Scuse me?" I hear a voice beside me.

We both cut the eye contact to look at Elspeth standing between us awkwardly and showing an uncomfortable grin.

"Yeah hi just wondering if I have somewhere to sleep or if I'm homeless for the night" she awkwardly chuckles and looks to celestè for clarification.

Celestè laughs and it's like music to my ears "yes of course chérie. Just take one of the guest bedrooms"

"Nice one Celestè cheers. Also sorry for interrupting the love fest" Elspeth then slips away from us both and runs out of the dining room.

"Well looks like it's just you and me hermosa. What's say we have a little drink?" I try to tempt my little Frenchie.

"I could stay awake for one more. I have a better place we can go however. This dining room is getting uncomfortable" she tells me and takes my hand.

Don't get me wrong I know we aren't mates, we don't have that crazy spark feeling like what we would if we were. But there's something there, a warmth, a comfort. A touch of something that's not the mate bond but it's not nothing.

She leads me out of the dining room keeping a firm yet gentle grip of my hand. I would follow her anywhere. I'm like a love sick puppy.

But I don't mean I love her because I hardly know her but again, it's not nothing. She leads me through the long white hallway to a patio door overlooking a huge garden with a waterfall and a big white and grey garden gazebo.

The gazebo was surrounded with pink and white flowers that had lights in the buds making it stand out in the dark. The waterfalls pool had underwater lights so you could also see it in the dark.

The garden was then just full of greenery. Trees and shrubbery with pretty flowers all around. It was a sight to be held. So was she.

We sat down on some outdoor furniture kind of seating full of pillows and blankets. We sat side by side, both quiet just taking in the surroundings.

I'm sure celestè has gazed at this garden many times, probably sat down when she's had a bad day and just clearing her mind. That's what I would do.

"So" I turn to look at her face. "Do you come out here often?"

She giggles "What?" I ask her puzzled.

"That sounded like some cheesy pickup line from a movie 'Come here often huh?' She uses a comical American accent.

I laugh along with her "yes I suppose it does sound cheeky. Let me rephrase. Ahem... do you sit out in your lovely yard often?"

She nods. The laughing ends.

"Sometimes when I'm stressed I come out and sit. I'm lucky to have such a beautiful space to think and that I have all to moi-même"

I nod too and turn back to look at the huge waterfall "yeah you are pretty lucky"

Silence

"I'm also pretty lucky ya know, I live in a very nice place. Thanks to Hadley that is"

"I've never been to Clementine valley but I heard it's beautiful from her. I don't know why I've never visited she just always would come to me" Celestè admits.

"Yeah I understand"

"I also just feel like I may get in the way. It's easier when she comes here it's relaxing for her and gives me company. I have no one here except for staff. Then again I also have the occasional dinner party with some friends but other than that I'm all alone"

I perk up at this "are you not mated hermosa?"

She shakes her head

"I am not either" I tell her.

Her head turns to me and her eyes bore into mine. Oh those blue blue eyes. So crystal white, so perfect.

She looks back to the waterfall "You will...One day"

~🌙~
______________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 49 33
Angel just moved to a new town in order to start her life over. She left behind everything that she owned and just ran. She needed a fresh start wher...
6K 320 30
(Editing grammar and sentence structure) Losing your parents at three years of age and having to grow up too soon to rule the most feared pack in the...
31.2K 1K 50
[COMPLETED/ EDITING ] What do you do when your parents are taken away from you ? When the love of your life tries to kill you? When life keeps step...
Markie By RuHu

Werewolf

1.4K 92 9
All werewolves have mates. So what happens when you fall for someone before you're 18... "Hopefully hes my mate" is all Markie can think as she waits...