Shoot ~ Duty after school x r...

By GiyuOnlyFriend

You just wanted to graduate peacefully but that didn't seem to be anyone's plan. An Y/n , a senior worked so... More

Intro
1 - recruitment
2 - training
3 - firearms
4 - reality
5 - uprising
6 - WuTaek
7 - a legendary tale
8 - flour
9 - Coca-Cola love
10 - Lieutenant Lee Chun-Ho
11 - flirt
12 - im against this
13 - prisoners
14 - zipper
15 - today is the worst day of my life
16 - feelings
17 - Commander Y/n
18 - i love you
19 - video camera
21 - Parents
Extra - After it all

20 - shoot

1.5K 79 13
By GiyuOnlyFriend

EDITED

You slowly made your way up the stairs. Still cautious incase you came across a sphere, to which you presumed caused the gun fire. But as you made your way closer to the classroom and no sight of any spheres around , you became confused. The shouts of your classmates becoming clearer as you got closer and closer to the classroom, now finding it easier to understand their words. They were screaming at Yeongsu, you quickened your pace. Running up to the classroom and seeing the bloody scene.

You paused seeing your lifeless friends, all scattered around the room. A blood bath was the only way to describe it, everything seemed to have blood on it. Your gun dropped down to your side as you began walking into the room.

You walked further into the room, slowly past Jangsu on the floor by the door and heading straight over to the boys on the floor. The gunfire now moved outside of the classroom into the hallway as Yeongsu followed the screaming girls. You fell down to your knees getting emotional at the sight. Two boys you cared deeply for laid there lifelessly. You shook them slightly as you began to cry, trying to wake WuTaek and Taeman up. There was no vocal response or clear sign of either being alive still but one of the boy's hands twitched. Seeing this you grabbed onto the boy you cared for and holding him tightly as you didn't want to lose him.

"Y-yah Taeman-ah" you stuttered grabbing the boy , he had a gun wound in his shoulder. You pressed down onto it to try and stop the heavy bleeding, holding onto the boy. "Wang Taeman...please..." you began to cry as you begged him to make it through this. Pulling the scarf off of Joonhee and wrapping tightly on the boys wound to try and stop the bleeding. "Please Wang Taeman...I can't lose you too" you cried out holding onto him tightly. "N-not you...please not you..." you mumbled. Your hands were covered with his blood. You held his head moving it to lean on your shoulder as you tried to wake him. "Y-y/n..." you heard your name tiredly. You moved the boy to look at WuTaek behind you who spoke, you were shocked to see he was slightly conscious. "Yeongsu...g-go..." he whispered, the energy knocked out of him. His eyes fluttered closed again. You looked around trying to see the boy, then you heard the screams of the girls in the corridor more clearly. You positioned Taeman to rest comfortably by WuTaek before looking up.

Looking up you saw Nara pull Kimchi with her out of the classroom. You panicked slightly, looking around and really taking in the sight of all the blood around you. You heard SunYi crying outside and then a gun firing again. The gun firing continued as if there was a maniac in the building. You got up slowly, hearing the silence take over the building. Walking slowly over to the classroom door, being careful not to step on anyone. You didn't want to look at the sight as it pained you so much to see it so you tried to keep your head up.

You got to the open door. "I had no choice" you heard Yeongsu cry as he stood above Kimchi and Nara. "This damned war has ruined my life. I'm done!!!" He shouted aiming his gun at the two. The two held onto each other closing their eyes tightly.

It felt like time went slowly, you watched the scene infront of you. The boy pulling up his gun to shoot at the two below him as they asked him to stop, begging him to not kill them too. It was as if this boy wasn't human anymore. He saw this as his only option and just as he saw only one option so did you too. You couldn't let this go any further. You pulled up your gun. "SHOOT!" You heard the scream from down the corridor and without hesitation you did so. Yeongsu turned around hearing the shout too but before anything else happened he was on the floor.

Kimchi and Nara watched as the boy fell in front of them, blood dripping from his forehead as he made his way down. They looked up to see you, shocked you were here as they thought you had disappeared earlier. Your expression showed shock that you had actually just shot a person but due to your personality you quickly hid it. You didn't wait to talk to them, heading back into the classroom to check on Taeman and WuTaek.

You propped the boys up. Checking their heartbeats and temperature. Getting straight to the point and checking they were okay. Doing thorough checks, and ensuring you weren't missing a single detail on these boys. You couldn't lose them too, especially not after losing Ilha.

The two slowly walked in, seeing the full massacre. It was hard for anyone to process but they noticed you getting straight to helping the boys who were injured. They both stood behind you, watching as you tore off the jacket sleeve of Taemans raincoat so you could examine the bullet wound better.

"Check for anyone else." You said not even looking at them. They watched you for a second longer before doing so. Trying to see if anyone else was okay. Nara running down the corridor and soon coming back in with Bora and Aesol. Bora's leg badly hurt, they put her down next to Taeman and WuTaek. You turned to her , squeezing her leg slightly which caused her to groan.

"I need a scarf and any medicine you can find" you demanded without any hesitation , the three quickly trying to find it. No one wasting any time, the time too precious as it was so fragile for the three of them. As you stayed occupied the three finally began to realise what had happened, their emotions kicking in. All crying as they watched. The cry's they let out were horrifying but you couldn't let the damage of this event get any worse.

A few hours later , you had moved the three to another classroom. On the complete opposite side of the building, in the process of moving you had found Hana crying in one of the classrooms. You checked on her and when you saw she was healthy and just shocked you all began moving again. The five of you who were unharmed sat in a small circle. Silence taking over the group as the three injured rested.

"I'm sorry..." you spoke up first , looking at them all. "If I had reacted quicker it wouldn't have been this bad" you admitted getting very emotional thinking about what had just happened. Feeling it was your fault for not getting up to the classroom quick enough to be able to stop the psychotic boy. And then it wouldn't just be seven of you left.

"It's not your fault" Aesol said. It was as if the tables turned between you two, not that it was a bad thing. It just showed how much you had all grown, not only becoming more mature but the relationships you had all built, growing to become life long friendships or more. She looked at you from the other side of the circle. "If you didn't turn up the result could have been worse" she said truthfully, something none of you wanted to think about. You nodded, biting your lip slightly as you tried to not get too emotional.

It went silent again. "What are we going to do?" Hana asked speaking up, she looked as if something had died inside of her. None of you were shocked she was like this but it wasn't a pleasant sight to see from the bubbly girl.

"We have to go to Seoul" Kimchi said in a dominant tone, although it wasn't necessary as the four of you nodded agreeing with the boy immediately . You wiped your tears away getting up. "I'll go see if there's anything useful in the third year classroom and grab our bags" you said as you started walking to the door, Nara got up following you "Me too". The two of you walked in complete silence towards the classroom. Getting to the corridor was enough to stop you both. You had to prepare yourselves for this. You both looked at each other for some sort of extra push to make the first steps into the horrific scene.

"We don't have to-" Nara said , knowing fully well it was a lot especially since the event had only just occurred. Maybe it was for you or it was for her. It's not like any of you were okay after witnessing the bloodshed of those you cared about greatly.

"Our survival is key now. We can't let our efforts go to waste , we can't let them die in vain. We have to make it to Seoul"

The two of you slowly entered the classroom. Both of you having to hold back tears as you looked at the scene in front of you both. Two of the least emotional class members and neither of you could hold it in. Walking into the room you carefully tried to not step on anyone as it would be disrespectful towards them all. You headed straight to your side of the classroom, rummaging through bags and collecting ammunition and fire arms for the others.

You got to your desk, getting to your bag. You bowed to the class respectfully before you quickly grabbed your bag and the other stuff you needed and left the room. On your way out you stepped on something, looking down you saw some of the photos from the amusement park. Nara right beside you quickly picked them up not wanting to leave the happy memory behind.

The two of you slowly walked back. "Thank you for being there Y/n...without you none of us would have made it." Nara said breaking the silence. You just continued walking. "This shouldn't have happened." You voiced your opinion , angry that Yeongsu was able to pull this off but also very upset because lots of your friends died. It was as if your little interaction earlier with the boy screamed in your face 'this boy needs to calm down and have a break' but no one heard his screams and just let him overthink. Leading to the events that occurred.

"We'll get to Seoul. Just like you said. And we will live great life's just as they hoped to do." Nara said, patting your shoulder. You looked at her nodding.

After returning you stayed on watch as the others tried to get some sleep. You spent most of the night comforting Hana as she struggled to get to sleep without panicking. In the morning you began to doze off slightly as you sat beside Hana , who was now fast asleep. "Y/n?" Your head shot up hearing this as you sat straight. Still very tired, it took you a second to look at the owner of the voice. You looked at the boy smiling at you, your eyes widening as you rushed over to him. "Are you okay? Do you need any water? Any food? Or any medicine?" You asked frantically checking up on the boy. He just smiled weakly. "I'm okay, I'm just happy to see you are" Taeman said pulling you into his embrace. After some time your separated slightly. "You've hurt your shoulder so you're okay to walk to Seoul tomorrow." You told the boy, he tried to start acting dramatic but you quickly gave him a look and he stopped himself. "You know I am annoyed though." You looked at him confused. "Wang Taeman. Wang Taeman. You should have been saying Taeman-ah. Taeman-ah" you were about to say something but someone else spoke before you.

"Even when knocking on deaths door you still find a way to flirt with Y/n" Bora said next to the two of you. Laughing slightly, you laughed happily seeing the girl was awake.

"You're just jealous" WuTaek said half asleep as he moved to lean on the girl who quickly shoved him off her shoulder and onto Taeman. Rather than creating a fuss WuTaek just snuggled into the boy.

After another day to rest up you all began the final walk to Seoul. It wasn't an easy trip , especially since Bora could hardly walk causing you and Nara to have to take turns walking with her. The eight of you safely making it to the shelter after two days of walking, the others meeting their parents again for the first time since this all began. As you had expected none of your family was there. However it wasn't just the seven sets of parents/carers that were waiting patiently. Your friends parents all there too and their expressions quickly changing as they noticed their children were not members of the group. It was difficult for you all to tell them the news as with every word you said you could see the hope in their eyes shatter and their hearts break. "I'm really sorry to of had to deliver this sad news to you all" you bowed politely infront of them all. Before turning to Kimchi, who sat with his parents. You held up the video camera you had just taken from the boy. "We created vlog entries of our whole experience, the card will be copied so all of you can have a version to see your children and how amazing they all were in these past few months. I'm once again really sorry that we couldn't save them as they were all truly wonderful people that I will never forget." You said announcing to the parents who all began to cry.

You sat with Taeman and WuTaek in your tent. The three of you just relaxing as the boys had just come back from seeing one of the doctors. "You know I prefer your care, maybe you should become a doctor" Taeman suggested trying to make the situation happier. You just looked at the video camera in your hands. "I want to watch it but I feel like if I do I'll break down crying." You admitted to the boys completely ignoring what Taeman had just said to you. WuTaek looked at the machine in your hands, then back at you. "It's okay to cry , don't feel the need to hide it."

Ilha's mum approached the tent. The women and her son very similar in the way they came off quite cold but actually had warm hearts but that wasn't as clear for her right now. She genuinely looked like someone had destroyed her world. "Hi Y/n , I just wanted to ask if you...if you could show me a clip of Ilha?" She asked kindly , already trying to hold back her tears. You nodded to the women, quickly turning on the camera and scrolling through the videos to find one. You turned it to her as you pressed play.

- - - - -

Recording

"Hello I am Ilha with the beautiful Commander Y/n" you just looked at the boy who was the filming the two of you. "Isn't she pretty?" He teased knowing it would get a reaction out of you. However he didn't get a victory just yet.

You tried to walk away from him so he wouldn't be victorious, being aware of what he was trying to do too. After all you had dated the boy for so long, you knew his shenanigans. He pulled you by your wrist and into his embrace whilst he pointed the camera at the two of you.

"Y/ns very grumpy nowadays. I think it's because she doesn't have me as her amazing boyfriend anymore- ouch" he laughed at the end, finally victorious after you playfully hit his chest.

"I'm not grumpy, I'm relieved" you said trying to get out of the embrace but he just held you tightly. He kissed your forehead causing you to immediately get out of his hold. "Are you crazy? What if someone saw that?" You said frantically looking around , I did sour the boy slightly as he expected you to have a happier reaction but he didn't let the smile on his face fade.

"Oh come on, would you prefer I sung a song?"

"No you suck at singing"

"I'm pretty talented! I was scouted once" he said proudly

"Yeah by a religious cult." You laughed back

"Oh come on let me get another kiss-" he said approaching you.

"No go away" you said walking away. Soon it became a little chase, the two of you running around as Ilha tried to kiss you and you laughed as you ran away from the boy that filmed you. He did eventually get hold of you, a spark still very clear between the two of you as you looked at each other but it was all washed away as the others appeared and you both quickly separated.

- - - - -

Ilhas mum smiled happily, laughing at the situation she just watched as tears escaped her eyes. She never saw Ilha as happy as he was when he was with you, it was like the stereotypical cliche of the girl bringing the good out of the boy. You were a couple that she did wish stayed together but she was more then happy to know her son was happy and with someone who cared for him just like he cared for them before he died. She knew you were hurting too with this news, and couldn't help but pull you into her embrace. She had experienced it all, when the two of you first got together and the excitement of young Ilha coming home and telling her immediately that he was inlove; as well as when he first brought you to meet her and how respectful you were but that wasn't what stayed in her mind of that night , it was instead how the two of you looked at each other so young yet so much adoration; and then the break up, although she wasn't aware of the full picture she knew it was out of the blue and she almost didn't believe it at first but it destroyed Ilha in a way , she had never been called in so much to school ever , by the end of the first week she was begging on her knees for the school not to kick him out and when she got home although she wanted to shout at the boy seeing the hurt in her eyes broke her. She initially hated you for that but when she saw you a few weeks later, and you were no longer that happy girl she first met but instead you seemed quite grey , she knew immediately that both of you were hurting. You were shocked by the hug but slowly hugged back. You could feel your shoulder get wet as the women cried. After some time she pulled away looking at you. "I don't know what happened but I do know you were there for my son the whole time and I'm so grateful for that. Thank you Y/n. Thank you." She cried bowing to you. You and Taeman were shocked by this. You quickly lifting the women up. "Please don't bow to me, I don't deserve it"

"After what you kids have been through... you deserve a lot" she said before getting up and heading back to her tent.

"She didn't greet us " Taeman said noticing the lady didn't realise he and WuTaek were there too.

"Is that really what you pick up on?"

"It's crazy to see how people change after losing others" WuTaek added

"What do you mean?" You asked the boy.

"Well if Ilha was here , he would be right here with us and she would be over here shouting at him with a shoe in her hand"WuTaek said specifically remembering one incident in the past when that happened.

"That doesn't mean she's changed. She cared for her son more then anything now he's gone...if anything she's probably regretting how she treated him before." You said thinking about it, being able to relate to it. But you snapped out of it before you get all sad again. "Oh I charged the phone" you said grabbing the phone you had stolen from a mission a while ago. Taeman waited excitedly, he hadn't seen these pictures and he was curious to see if you both had changed much since then.

"Wait there was a phone?" WuTaek asked completely unaware of the mobile device you and Taeman had. You showed them the photos, all of you smiling and making comments as you scrolled through them. Soon making it to the original owners photos. "Do you think they're still alive?" Taeman asked an obvious question, but you didn't want to answer it. "Shall we see if the others want to eat together?" WuTaek asked getting up and you helped Taeman up. Both of you nodded. And it was left at that.

A few weeks later and you were getting used to shelter life. It was a lot different to how your class lived, you pretty much got to do whatever you wanted as long as you stayed inside the shelter. You didn't have to go out and risk your life everyday , you also got proper meals and you were able to sleep in. This was like a vacation compared to before. However, that was your case and not the same for the others. They were trying to get used to being with their parents again, although they were really happy to see them again it was difficult to go back to being the child. And as a result of that your tent was the hangout spot, after all you didn't have any family members in there with you.

Kimchi was the first to arrive. Sitting across from you as you counted the tally of spheres you shot throughout the month of your independence. You looked over the note pad and at the boy. "I'm guessing something happened?" You said not really interested and looking back at the tally. The boy sighed. "They still want me to do the CSAT, but I don't think I want to do that anymore."

"Then don't" you said bluntly, still counting.

"It's not that easy, what will I do instead?" He asked not expecting you to answer.

"You can join the armed forces as you now have experience, plus you still need to do your military service. You could go to a catering school. Work in retail. Lots of stuff"

The boy just looked at you annoyed. Ofcourse you had an answer. "Ugh sometimes I miss being able to shoot something to let my anger out" he let out, the comment making you smile slightly. "What's with that look?" He asked noticing the expression that formed on your face.

"Want to sneak out?"

"I wasn't serious-"

"Come on Nara would be up for it too" you tried to persuade the boy, and he actually thought about it.

"How would we even get out?" He asked genuinely curious, but all you did was smile.

"Climb onto the roof" you said as if it was obvious

"I don't know we'll probably get caught"

"I overheard some guards talking about a big mission tomorrow so we will probably be able to get in a out if we go at the right time when there are less guards around."

"It shocks me how you continue to surprise me"
—————
Thank you so much for 10k reads!!! I love to see all the comments too!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

554 47 11
--- "Students in 3rd grade 2nd class at a high school are supposed to study hard for their entrance exams. Instead, they must fight a war against biz...
25.9K 996 17
"It's not love, but war. He's not a prince charming, but a PSYCHO. I'll kill him." "This wasn't supposed to happen. It's my last high school year, I...
15.8K 560 26
You are a Sargent Major (the highest rank) in the army. You are highly respected by everyone. Follow the story to see what happens when the members o...
56K 1.7K 22
"๐ˆ ๐š๐ฆ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฎ๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐œ๐ฅ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง ๐š๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ" - "๐Ž๐ก ๐…๐ฎ๐œ๐ค ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ" Nam M/N, a third year, a delinquent, a smoker and the older...