bloodied crown - hyungwonho

By chaoskkyun

a fight that has gone on for decades has to be put on pause as a bigger issue arises or two leaders have to w... More

1: Only the Beginning
2: Do your worst.
3: You're bluffing
4: Quack
5: Backup's backup
6: An Offer
7: Pros and cons
8: Bang.
9: On Track.
10: An Ally.
11: So Professional
12: A Gift
13: Comfort
14: What now?
16: That woman.
17: Trust
18: Lukewarm Coffee, Honesty and A Mole Trap

15: Why?

12 3 1
By chaoskkyun

⎔⎔⎔

The car ride down to the police tension was tense, to say the least. Wonho attempted to start at least some light conversation but it was as if Hyungwon's jaws were wired shut with a permanent scowl etched onto his face. Eventually, he gave up, accepting that he wouldn't be getting a response.

Wonho barely managed to park the vehicle in the visitor's lot before the other man was out of the passenger seat and he had to leave the car a bit slanted in the parking slot so that he could catch up with him. Hyungwon was out for blood and Wonho had to prevent that, at least for now.

As much as he would have liked to, he didn't have much control over their situation. Hyungwon was the one who was called down to the station and Wonho just tackled along so for once, he would have to follow Hyungwon's word down to the T. 

They were eventually led to an office, meeting with a man. Detective Song read the plaque on his desk so Wonho just assumed this was the detective who'd called Chae earlier in the morning. "Mr. Chae, as morbid as it is to say right now, I'm glad to see you." the man spoke up, standing up and shaking Hyungwon's hand with a grim smile.

"It's fine, let's just get down to it." Hyungwon huffed before crossing his arms. The detective then turned to Wonho before glancing at Chae again. "I see you brought company." he then spoke, raising an eyebrow.

Do these two know each other?

"Shin's here as my associate and an emotional buffer," Hyungwon replied before sighing and bringing one hand up to his face, rubbing his left eye a bit. "Wonho, this is Detective Song Gunhee. I'm sure introductions aren't needed the other way." The taller quickly got over it, waving for Detective Song to show them the way.

The two walked ahead while Wonho stayed back a few steps, quietly observing the pair. There was definitely something between them. Hyungwon, back in his office, had made it seem like the detective was annoying and even bothering him by calling him yet here it seemed so much more casual, like a friendship even.

Now it shouldn't be surprising that Chae was friendly with the cops; everyone knew the department was bribed to do his bidding if needed. But Wonho hadn't expected this level of familiarity. Hyungwon had clearly worked with Song before.

The three of them stopped between two different doors. The detective pointed at one. "Go in there. I'm yet to interrogate the suspect because I knew you'd like to be there for it if it is the right man." He explained, crossing his arms. Hyungwon opened his mouth to speak but stopped when the detective nodded. "Yes, if it is him I can allow a few minutes." "Thanks," Hyungwon muttered with a slight nod, pulling the door to the viewing room open before telling the older to go in.

Wonho personally wasn't a big fan of police stations. Mostly just because he was a criminal and there probably was a fat file somewhere with his name printed on the cover of it. Had it not been for Hyungwon's influence he would already be in cuffs, ready to be hauled to a holding cell. The thought made him shiver a little bit.

"There's no fucking way," Hyungwon muttered as they entered the room. Wonho let his gaze travel to the one-way mirror that allowed them the view of the interrogation room. There he was in his twisted glory, handcuffed hands on the table. Son Ilsang. 

His relaxed posture signaled enough. He wasn't worried or anxious about his where about. "He had it planned." Wonho let out, turning back to Hyungwon who just nodded his head, visibly swallowing. "I don't like this." He then stated, brushing a hand through his hair. Wonho could just let out a hum of agreement. 

If Son had planned for getting caught, he must have already had a plan for getting out.

The older placed a hand on Hyungwon's shoulder, squeezing it gently. He could already see the man balling his fists, jaw clenched. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to let Hyungwon in that room with Ilsang alone, but once again Wonho concluded that he had no room to argue.

Detective Song settled down on a chair from the criminal, opening a folder with a heavy sigh. At that point, Wonho just tuned out the interrogation for the most part. "So... What's the deal between you and Mr. Detective?" He asked, turning to look at the younger man.

Hyungwon slowly turned to face him back, one eyebrow raised. "Why?" He returned the question and Wonho crossed his arms in a defensive manner. Was he not allowed to ask? "Just because. You seem awfully close to a cop." He then scoffed back, now raising his eyebrows when Hyungwon chuckled at him.

"I need to be close to him if I want info, duh. Are you dumb, Shin?" Hyungwon shook his head, a smirk on his lips. Wonho looked away briefly, inhaling sharply. "So you had sex with him" Wonho stated, nodding his head to himself. Somehow he wasn't surprised. "Yes, I had sex with him. Jealous?" 

Wonho let out a laugh at the suggestion, mostly because it came out in such a forward way. "Jealous? Why would I be jealous of that?"  He replied, snarling a little bit at the younger. There was no place for jealousy. And how could there even be jealousy if there were no feelings of that sort toward the younger, anyway? Hyungwon let out a thoughtful hum, tilting his head a bit. "I don't really talk about it, because well, privacy, but think of most of my associates who are around our age. Chances are I've slept with most of them..." the tall man trailed, off, stepping closer to him, both hands grabbing at Wonho's shoulders gently before leaning down.

At that point, Wonho's stomach threw a flip as he tried to back off but Hyungwon pushed him against the small desk in the room, slightly hovering above him. He swallowed a little bit, backing up as best as he could, keeping firm eye contact with the man before him.

"Except..." He started up again in a sing-song tone of voice, opening his mouth to speak but Wonho placed his hand over the plump lips, shutting him up. "I don't need to know about your sex life, Chae. That is the last thing I want to know about." He stated, pushing the man away easily now that he'd gathered his senses.

"Shame. I would've loved to tell you a lot of things..." Hyungwon sighed moving back closer, reaching one hand forward to cup Wonho's jaw before trailing his hand down to his chest before the older slapped the hand away, eyes wide heart beating in his cheats way harder than it should've. "You're disgusting." He rolled his eyes, hands gripping the edge of the desk as he thought about the younger attached to some guy shamelessly.

This definitely wasn't the place for this.

"Do I need to reiterate that you started this all? Oh, look at that, you're blushing." The younger grinned at him before leaning in way too close for comfort, lips close to the older's ear. "And don't deny it, you enjoyed that, Hoseok. Tell me, what did you think about?" the man whispered, sending goosebumps down his neck and back.

Before thinking about it further, Hoseok's hand shot to grab Hyungwon by the belt loops on his pants, easily flipping them around. With Hyungwon pressed against the desk, the older exhaled sharply. Hyungwon looked genuinely surprised by the action, hands latched onto his shoulders nails once again digging into the skin beneath the fabric of the shirt.

Hoseok pushed his knee between the lean man's legs, narrowing his eyes at him. "Don't test me, Princess." He said in a low tone, feeling Hyungwon's shallow breaths hitting his face as he nodded his head. "Noted, now let go." the man mumbled under his breath, trying to push Hoseok away but he didn't budge an inch.

"What was that? A bit louder, please." Hoseok demanded, tilting his head in the same manner the other had just a few moments ago. At that point Hyungwon finally broke eye contact, visibly swallowing a little bit before opening his mouth to speak up. Although before he could give his response, a question the detective voiced snapped both of them out of it. 

"Why did you kill Mr. Im?" Gunhee's voice echoed over the speakers and at that point, Wonho let go of the younger man and stepped back whilst straightening out his clothes. Hyungwon pushed himself away from the desk, clearing his throat a little bit whilst wiping his face.

Ilsang stayed quiet for a little bit before chuckling. "I had no use for him anymore." The old man then replied, leaning back in his seat whilst smirking. Hyungwon had gone stoic. "So you admit to murdering him? What do you mean you had no use for him?" Detective Song continued, leaning over his evidence file, or that's what Wonho assumed it was.

Ilsang's eyes flashed to the mirror they were standing behind as if he knew they were there before sighing. "We used to have an agreement that he wasn't following anymore... I had no choice but to get rid of him." The old man shrugged his shoulders, clearly feeling no remorse for what he'd done. 

Hyungwon suddenly slammed his hand on the table, making the other jump a little. "That bastard. He's..." the leader hesitated, closing his eyes and shaking his head violently. Wonho carefully moved closer only to stop when Hyungwon raised his hand. "There's no way Changkyun..." 

"He's just messing with your head, Chae. He knows you're here and is just pulling at your strings." Wonho spoke up, watching as the other nodded his head in agreement, muttering that he was right. That he had to be right.

"Okay. I think that's enough." The detective stated, standing up and grabbing his file. "Am I going away for long, detective?" Ilsang then chuckled, as if he was proud. Well, a man like that had nothing to fear when going into prison. Though who knew how many of the people he'd wronged were locked up too? "If I may say my opinion instead? Hopefully for the rest of your life." And with that, Gunhee exited the interrogation room only to a few seconds later enter the room where they were.

"I think that was pretty conclusive, if I may say. Are you sure you want to talk to him, Won?" The detective asked Hyungwon after setting down his folder. Won? What the hell? Chae chuckled at the detective, nodding his head a little bit. "Yeah, just for my personal investigation's sake," he replied, raking through his hair with a sigh.

"May I enter?" he then asked, getting a nod in response from Gunhee. Hyungwon waved Wonho along to talk outside of the room before walking out. The older quickly followed the other, closing the door behind himself before crossing his arms. 

"I definitely won't be able to keep my ass in check so if I get too fired up, please drag me out of there. Even if you have to rip my hair out while at it." Hyungwon stated, pinching the bridge of his nose a little bit. "And for god's sake, act civil with the detective."

Wonho nodded his head a little bit at the only two instructions. Shouldn't be too hard to follow them. "Sure, Won," he replied with a sickly sweet smile. Hyungwon narrowed his eyes at him, scoffing. "I should beat your ass." He muttered before vanishing into the interrogation room.

Wonho shook his head about to return to the observation room when someone grabbed him by the arm. "Excuse me? Are you an officer?" a woman's voice made him turn around. "Huh? Sorry, no." He said, freeing his arm from the lady's grasp. She gave him a defeated look, running a hand through her long black hair in frustration. 

"Sorry. I just... Haven't been able to get anyone to listen to me." Before Wonho could reply the door behind him already opened and Detective Song cleared his throat. "Shin? Are you coming or not?" The man asked, crossing his arms whilst looking somewhat impatient. 

Wonho swears he heard the woman behind him repeat his last name, sounding shocked. "Yeah, I am. I was just..." he trailed off, glancing behind him but the woman was already gone. Weird. "Yeah." he then just said, waving for the man to enter before following him inside.

Hyungwon had settled down on the chair Gunhee had previously sat on, arms tightly crossed as he spoke to Ilsang. "You turned off the speakers?" Wonho asked, glancing at the detective with his eyebrows slightly furrowed. "Yeah, sorry. Can't have this on record." the other replied, shaking his head a little bit. 

Wonho pulled his lips in a tight line. He understood but he would've liked to know what the pair was talking about. Ilsangs lips he could read somewhat but Hyungwon had his back to them. "I'm sure Hyungwon will tell you later." Song then huffed out, turning to him. "Yeah, probably." Hyungwon did love his secrets, though.

The two of them then stood in silence, just watching the two in the interrogation room. Hyungwon's posture kept getting more rigid as Ilsang was clearly riling him up. The old bastard's position had now completely changed from how he was with the detective. Now he leaning on the table between them, fingers laced together as he spoke to Chae.

"When did you two start working together?" The detective suddenly asked him, snapping Wonho's attention away from the other two. "It's not been too long. Why?" he returned the question in a defensive manner. 

"He hadn't informed me." The answer made the leader chuckle softly before sighing. "Yeah. That was the agreement. The fewer people know the better." he explained shrugging a little bit. Wonho wasn't sure as to why Hyungwon hadn't considered it important to tell his cop buddy about their alliance, though. That could've been problematic if hypothetically Wonho was to be caught by the police. Not that he would ever let that happen without planning for it.

"Anyway. It was a bit weird for both of us at first but I'd like to think we're okay now. Not perfect, but what can you expect?" Wonho explained, turning his gaze back to Hyungwon to make sure he wouldn't miss the younger beating the old man to a pulp. Gunhee hummed quietly back at him, not saying anything else.

Maybe five minutes passed, the two men's conversation staying surprisingly calm for the most part except Hyungwon slamming the table a few times, clearly getting his true thoughts flow out. Eventually, the man did stand up, walking across the table to Ilsang's side grabbing the man by the collar of his shirt, and leaning in to whisper something.

Hyungwon then let go of the man, sparing him one last disgusted look before turning his gaze toward the observation room. He then clearly signed for Wonho to come out, which the older did immediately after Hyungwon left his side first. 

Surprisingly, Hyungwon looked calmer than when he'd entered. That, of course, didn't mean he wasn't angry. Only that he was holding it in until they were back at the HQ. Detective Song came out soon after Wonho, folder in hand.

"Thanks, again, for allowing this." Hyungwon thanked the man and Gunhee just nodded his head a little bit. "No problem. I need to go now, though, so... Get back safely and I'll see you around, Chae. Shin." The latter nodded his head a little bit, crossing his arms again before turning to Hyungwon.

"Everything okay?" He asked first thing and Hyungwon just exhaled through his nose. "For now. We need to contact Shownu as soon as possible to see how thing's are on the inside now that Ilsang is likely going to prison." Straight to business, as usual. The two started walking out of the station side by side.

He wasn't sure if he should keep asking about what had gone on inside. "What did he say?" Hyungwon frowned at him a little bit. "Mostly just him taunting me. He tried to get into how he did it but I shut that down real quick." The younger swallowed slightly, clicking his tongue. "Tried to say he could offer so much more than you. Like I'd work with a waste of space like him." 

Wonho couldn't quite deduct what it could've been, but Ilsang had definitely said something that got under Hyungwon's skin. And badly. 

"Let's recap at the HQ with the others, tomorrow though. I'm done for today." 

The second the elevator doors at Hyungwon's office floor opened, Jooheon rushed over, frantic loom in his eyes. The two leaders walked out, and Hyungwon just raised his eyebrow at the younger. "What is it? Spit it." He told the man, walking forward to the office door but Jooheon moved in front of him, clearing his throat.

"Okay. Before you enter, I think you should know you have a visitor." Jooheon started, scratching at his neck a little bit, glancing behind him at the closed door. "Okay? Is it Shownu, because that would be perfect timing." Hyungwon replied, crossing his arms now clearly impatient.

"And if so why did you let him enter my office? Do you understand that we can't fully trust him yet?" Hyungwon huffed, circling around his second in command, taking a few long strides toward the door.

Wonho felt a bit amused watching the situation unfold because Jooheon, once again blocked Hyungwon's way this time by literally coming between him and the office door. "I tried to stop... Her... From entering. But she literally shoved me aside and well... Refused to go."

Hyungwon froze and Wonho finally walked up to the two. "Her?" He and Hyungwon asked at the same time. They glanced at each other quickly before looking away a bit awkwardly. "What do you mean her?" Hyungwon huffed, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Wait, wait. By chance was she wearing a black outfit and had shoulder-length black hair?" Jooheon nodded at Wonho, swallowing a little bit as he glanced between the two of them. Hyungwon slapped the older on the shoulder. "How did you know?" He hissed, narrowing his eyes. "I saw her at the station!" He defended himself, raising his hands in the air. "She was very distraught and said no one was listening to her." he then explained, taking a step to the side when it looked like Hyungwon was ready to hit him again. "Ran away though when the detective called me by my last name."

The man's annoyed expression then fell before changing into one of shock after the last bit. "Wait... Jooheon. Move." He demanded the younger who seemed even more nervous now that Hyungwon seemingly caught on. "Look, I tried to get her out."

"Lee Jooheon, get the hell out of the way. Now!" Hyungwon now raised his voice and finally, the third man listened to his boss, scattering to Wonho's side immediately, if not even hiding behind him a bit. Hyungwon practically ripped the door open, marching in, face a little paler than usual. Jooheon followed afterward and Wonho went in third.

He was so confused.

The sudden entrance had caught the attention of the clearly unwanted question. She was standing beside Hyungwon's bed sofa hybrid, clearly having just sat there before they'd come in. "Hyungwon." She started sounding glad to see the said man, hands laced together in front of her. Hyungwon's mouth corners twitched as he stood there, eyes stapled to the woman. 

"What are you doing here, Mother?"

⎔⎔⎔

and scene

thank you for reading :))
a lot's happened since my last update. freedom, overdrive and now we're gonna get shownu x hyungwon x-x
this chapter took a while bc I've been busy at work and also I've been working on some one-shot things but also some motivation issues

the consistency on these updates is nonexistent but oh well

i hope you enjoyed the chapter
'til next time <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 666 37
"Changkyun, please stop biting Shownu's arm." "Why? Jealous?" ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘❤∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ Monsta X's sister group. ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘❤∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ Discontinued
178 8 2
"You know that saying - when life gives you lemons, make lemonade?" "Yeah. And?" "So, let's just go with it." "And by that you mean?" "When there...
21.9K 3.5K 28
South Korea's image isn't what it's ought to be. The people are filed by wealth, precisely their skills. Those at the peak get to triumph, while thos...
26.4K 1.5K 10
Kihyun is tired, so fucking tired. It was about time he finally broke.