Falling In Love With A Winche...

By Nerdfanatic247

Growing up together, Y/n and the Winchester's boys, Sam and Dean were the best of friends. For years they lea... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11

CHAPTER 8

89 4 3
By Nerdfanatic247

    "No, it goes in here." Grace said to Dean as he attempted to buckle her in. Sam and Y/n came walking over to the car and they both chuckled. Y/n climbed into the passenger seat.

    "Having some trouble?" Sam asked his brother.

    "I just... These stupid buckles... I can't..." He huffed and back away.

    "It's alright, you'll get it eventually." Sam patted his shoulder and scooted in between him and the door to buckle Grace in her car seat. "See, you just put each piece in like this." Sam demonstrated while Dean watched on.

    "Well, as angry as I am right now. I suppose, I should thank you." Dean said as Sam shut Grace's door. He looked at him in surprise.

    "For what?" Sam asked curiously.

    "Thanking you for taking care of my kid as if she were your own. I can see the way you both look at each other, I just hope one day she'll look at me the same way." He said sadly.

    "You know, she's just like you." Sam said after a minute. Dean looked up at Sam. "Very quite, a pretty closed off kid. But once you break her from that shell, she's... she's a really great. Smart, wonderful in every way you could imagine. She'll love you like no other, once she get's to know you better." Sam patted Dean on the shoulder and he opened his door climbing into the driver's door. Dean walked around the car and sat in the back as they took off toward's home.

To say he was nervous to see where they'd been staying was an understatement. He wasn't sure if his heart could take it. The car ride was quiet for a little while until Dean finally broke the silence.

    "So, what the hell kinda car is this?" Dean asked.

    "Mommy! Dean said a bad word!" Grace tattled.

    "Sorry, Dean. We try not to swear around her." Y/n explained.

    "Sorry, Grace. Uh, What kinda of car is this?" He rephrased.

    "Well, we had to get something that was gas friendly and fit for a kid. At least it's still American made." Sam pointed out.

    "All right, i'll give you that." Dean grumbled in the back. "Still not as good as my baby, though."

    "I like baby." Grace chirped from her seat.

Dean turned and looked at the little girl surprised once again. He wasn't totally sure of what she was talking about. Because she's four, who knows she could be talking about regular babies.

    "You sure do don't you, Gracie." Y/n chuckled.

    "Yeah. I have to ask Daddy to take me into the garage just so I can see it. Sometimes he let's me sit in it." She shrugged.

    "Well, maybe one day I can take you for a ride in baby. How's that sound?" Dean asked, impressed by how much his kid was truly like him. He'd only just met this small human and he already knew he was going to be wrapped around her little fingers.

    "Yay! I'd love that! We have to take my car seat though." Grace pointed out and the whole car chuckled.

After a while of driving and just the soft sound of music playing in the car. Everyone was itching to either get out of the car, dive in and get everything out in the open, or have a million questions they wanted answers too. Dean was the first one to break the silence.

    "So, uh, where do you guys live? Like, what's it like?"

    "Well, we live in a three bedroom house that Sam and I bought together. It's a good little house, on a dead end street, neighbors are about a mile away so it's fairly private. It's got a decent backyard for Grace to play in." Y/n explained quietly. Grace had drifted off to sleep and she didn't want to wake her up just yet.

    "Wow." Dean nodded. "I guess you really did end up getting everything we had ever talked about. And I mean, that in a good way." He said quickly as Y/n had turned around to scowl and be cross with him.

    "We just wanted to give Grace the life that we never had growing up, Dean. That's all." Sam shrugged. "We are about five minutes away. We just have to get Grace to bed and then we can answer all the questions you have." Sam explained.

They pulled into the dark driveway. Sam and Y/n hissed as their breathes caught in their throats. Sam left the headlights on that pointed towards the yellow house that sat in front of them and they looked at each other.

    "What?" Dean asked cluelessly.

    "Dean, watch over my baby." Y/n growled. She took the pistol from the glove compartment and cocked it back. Quickly she jumped from out of the car and nearly ran for the house.

    "Someone's been here." Sam growled. He looked back at his brother and the little girl sleeping in her car seat. "I know you will, but keep her safe, just for a minute."

Before Dean even had the chance to nod in response. Sam had also jumped from the car and ran towards his girlfriend and their house. The door was slightly cracked and open, windows blown out. As soon as the pair walked through the house it looked like a tornado had been run through it and it smelled of Sulfur. Y/n's knees weakened as she saw the damage. Their house... their belongings. Sam quickly wrapped an arm underneath hers to help keep her up. He even had a few tears in their eyes.

How could everything go from so peaceful to disastrous so quickly. The thoughts running through both of their minds is what if they had been home? What about Gracie and why was this happening to them? Y/n walked further into the house, gun still raised with Sam by her side. The quick flutter of wings caught both their attention as they walked back towards the living room. Castiel laid down on the couch, covered in blood and bruises. Y/n gasped and ran to him quickly. She began fussing over him.

    "Oh, my Chuck? Cas? Are you okay? What happened?" She asked quickly and Cas put his hands on her's breathing heavily.

    "It's not my blood. It's demons." Cas huffed and she relaxed only slightly.

    "What do you mean, Cas? Why were demons in our house?" Sam asked.

    "The same reason they always come around, why else?" Y/n sighed and ran her hand through her hair. "To try and kill the Winchester bloodline. Something's got them acting up again."

    "You are right, Y/n." Cas said simply. "Where is Dean and Grace?"

    "In the car. He's keeping her safe." Sam said. He walked over to the window and looked out into the dark driveway seeing the car just fine and Dean watching the house.

    "We can't stay here. It's not protected well enough if they were able to get through that easily." Y/n said quickly, helping Cas back to his feet. "At least until we can find out what's going on."

    "We'll have to go back to the bunker." Cas stated and the two adults nodded in agreement. "I'll go speak with Dean." Cas nodded and walked out of the house.

    "Should have expected that our life was getting a little to easy, huh?" Y/n sighed.

Sam smiled sympathetically at her and walked to her, engulfing her into a hug. She snuggled into his chest taking the brief moment to relish in the comfort and safety of his arms. Sam towered over her and enjoyed the brief moment too, leaning a bit and laying his head on top of hers.

    "I'll grab some of our things, if you wanna pack up some stuff for Grace." Sam said sadly and then let out a large sigh. "She's going to hate leaving her room behind. We just barely painted it." He chuckled slightly, making Y/n giggle too.

    "Maybe we can paint her a room in the bunker. It's going to be home for a while, so we are going to have to make her as comfortable as possible."

    "I think that would be fine." Sam caressed her cheek and leaned down to kiss her.

Their lips touched for a brief second, before someone cleared their voice behind them. Sam and Y/n separated awkwardly like caught teenagers as they looked over at Dean standing in the doorway. He had jealousy filling his eyes. But he took a deep breath and looked around the house quickly from his spot.

    "Uh, I'm guessing it's usually a lot nicer than this." Dean chuckled, only to earn miserable glares from both Sam and Y/n. "Sorry, too soon." He cleared his throat. "Cas is with Grace. Said You guys might need some help packing a few things since we are going to have to get back to the bunker."

    "Yeah, uh, you can help me gather some of Grace's things if you want. We should probably also take some of the food we just bought this morning. The bunker's empty." Sam explained and Dean nodded.

He certainly didn't miss the confused look that Y/n gave him since she was going to gather Grace's things. But she soon shook her head realizing that Sam didn't want her to be alone with Dean yet. Maybe he just wanted to answer some questions himself. She got on her tippy toes and kissed Sam's cheek and made her way up to their bedroom. While she gathered the duffle bags that were hidden away in their closet, and packed her and Sam's clothing. Dean and Sam walked to the bedroom at the end of the hall.

Dean chuckled slightly as he noticed the pink walls that were covered in Disney princess stickers and sticker crowns. Her name in big wooden letters on one wall. Sam grabbed the small rolling suitcase from her closet and opened it up on her little bed. He began grabbing clothing from the drawers and neatly placing them in the case. While he instructed Dean about which blankets she needed and stuffed animals and a few toys. Sam sighed after a few minutes of pure silence.

    "Just ask Dean, I know you've got a million questions, but one is pressing your mind. So just ask." Sam said quietly, not even looking at his brother.    

    "I asked you to take care of them, man. Not move in on my girlfriend as soon as I died. Don't think for one god damn second, I didn't know you had feelings for her. You have since we were kids." Dean grunted with the shake of his head in disappointment.    

    "You know it wasn't like that, Dean. It's not like I made a move on her the second you took your last breath. Y/n and I have only been officially together for two of the the past five years." Sam explained angrily.

    "Then explain to me what it was like? Did you even try to bring me back? Either of you? Was something going on before I nearly sacrificed myself to save the whole damn world once again? Because quite frankly, man, I'm a little shocked to come back and find her in the arms of someone else. And that person being my brother." Dean snorted in anger.

    "How dare you?" Sam scoffed and finally looked at his older brother. "Y/n was six month's pregnant at the time of your death. She and I never stopped trying to bring you back. She was devastated, I was, we all were. Everyone tried, no one wanted to deal or could for that matter. After God and Amara disappeared they only came back once. God himself told us that you weren't coming back. Six months, Dean. Y/n and I stressed for six months trying to get you back. She did it all while juggling a newborn. So don't you dare say that we didn't try. She was heartbroken, Dean." Sam started off angry and then his voice quickly traveled to being softer. "It took us three years before we got together, Dean and even then. The both of us were too stubborn to even try to get together. Bobby and Jodi nearly had to push the two of us together. It wasn't an easy choice. For a long time it felt like we were betraying you, even though we knew we weren't." Sam explained.

Dean sighed hearing his brother's side of the story. He knew he died. He didn't really have any right to be mad. If anything he should have been happy that Y/n moved on, slowly, and with someone Dean trusted with everything he had. But jealousy is a terrible thing. Dean was angry. He definitely felt betrayed.

    "I'm letting you know now." Dean walked closer to his brother, speaking in a hushed tone. "Thank you. Thank you for taking care of them. But I'm back now. I'm not going to stop pursuing her. She's the love of my life and the mother of my child. I will get my family back, Sam. At any cost." Dean huffed and grabbed the duffle bag in his arms, leaving the bedroom.

Sam was speechless. He knew his brother could be cold sometimes, but threatening to take away what he had just because he wanted life back to the way it was before. His hand traveled to his jeans and he felt the small box in his pocket. He would be a fool if he didn't admit he wasn't scared that since Dean came back that his new life would fall apart. He worried about Y/n's lingering feelings for Dean. But he wasn't about to give up without a fight either. The only way he'd step away was if that's what she wanted. He had faith in their relationship, but he wasn't sure if it was enough. After all he knew she loved Dean first.

WORD COUNT: 2,346

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.9K 576 21
Cassandra Winchester...or as she's most preferred as The Forgotten Winchester. She's Sam and Dean's little sister but the thing is, she's forgo...
266K 7.6K 125
After her parents were killed by hellhounds, Bobby Singer a close family friend took (Name) (Last Name) in and raised her since she was three years o...
177K 5.1K 27
Emma thought she was just some normal girl with a mother who didn't care about her feelings. She was used to moving around not staying in one place f...
67.6K 2.1K 98
Never did you think you would have children of your own, especially with the love of your life. Now that you finally do, you have to realize that the...