The Villainess just don't car...

By White_Hyacinth

Choi Heun, a workaholic living in Korea, died before getting her dream promotion. She was isekaid by the ogre... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Characters
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.

Chapter 39.

2.3K 79 24
By White_Hyacinth

*Rumble*

Lightning was flashing behind me as I was sitting in my office in the Chrysanthemum trading house.

There were a lot of papers neatly stacked on my desk. I have been neglecting my work here far too long. it's time to get back to work.

The sound of rain drops falling outside my office gave me a calm feeling along with the tea placed on my right side provided the perfect ambience for me to concentrate.

I analysed the papers before me and smirked.

This much work is nothing compared to what I had to endure as Choi Heun.

Another flash of lightning was seen.

Two hours into my work I decided to take a break and focus on the investigation.

I took the papers submitted by Mr John along with Max regarding the investigation.

My eyebrows furrowed.

There's no improvement in the investigation either!

No clues. No evidences.

Only a single lead and that is Marquis Leiber.

Even with the help of Salvair knights there's nothing that could be found.

I asked my people to investigate it personally still there's no improvement.

I sighed and took a quill and a paper.

There's no other way. I must take things into my own hands.

I began to jolt down on the paper.

The most suspicious people right now are Xenoc, The Archmage (Elixir and Cesar's father) and the one controlling the black market (the hidden figure).

Could it be that one of them is behind the rebellion?

Marquis Leiber is at the front but even he's just a puppet or a collateral. There's someone powerful enough to summon a monster like Cerberus.

But who?

And above all we still don't know where they are hiding that monster.

The mission right now is to prevent the monster attack and the rebellion. The rest we can figure out later.

According to the novel the monster attack occurs a few months later the hunting festival.

Also I found out the reason as to why Ronin Castria wasn't able to attend the imperial banquet.

Ronin along with other knights was send over to the forests where hunting festival is supposed to take place.

Hunting festival is usually hoisted at spring season and Ronin wasn't supposed to go to the forest before the festival.

Nothing is connecting at all.

I got cranky and drank the whole cup of tea in one gulp.

Thunder began to crackle along with the flashes of lightning.

Above all else I still haven't figured out my weapon.....

Silence filled the room. Nothing but the pitter patter of rain was heard.

*Knock* *Knock*

Faint knocking was heard from the door. The sound of thunder made it almost impossible for me to decipher the knocking sound from the door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

Is it Claire? or maybe Mr John?

The door opened revealing Max. He had green hair and brown eyes. He was seventeen years old and was found by Mr John.

Oh. I wasn't expecting him at all.

"Your ladyship, someone is here to see you" He said.

"Who?" I asked curiously.

"It's someone from the Falcon trading house " He looked annoyed while mentioning them.

His annoyance can be justified since Falcon trading house has become our rivals now.

Our rivalry to see who's gonna conquer the economy...

"Send them in" I declared.

"Also bring some refreshments"I added.

Max dashed off and soon another knocking sound erupted from the door.

"You may enter"I announced.

The door sprang open revealing a brown haired gentleman with brown eyes. He was tall and had a perfect jawline. His eye held indifference as his stare was pure cold.

Lightning flashed behind me as it lighted up his face.

Behind him another man approached he was blonde.

"Stay behind" He said to the blonde boy who obediently went back and closed the door.

Wow he has such a deep voice.

The brown haired man walked towards me as I kept staring at him.

I can't believe the villain actually came here to see me.

Honestly I'm so touched.

The psychopathic yandere which I used to simp for has come to see me!

"Please take a seat, m'lord" I said with a cheeky grin.

Xenoc sat on one of the chairs infront of my desk and continued to stare at me like a hawk.

Does he not ever smile? He oddly reminds me of father when I first transmigrated here.

"So, what brings you here?" I asked smiling brightly at the guy who tried to choke me six months ago.

"You"He said still fixating his cold eyes on me. Lightning crackled again.

"Me?" I asked surprised.

What did I do?

"You seem different, lady Salvair"He replied while squinting his eyes.

Crap.

Crap.

Crap!

Did he finally figure out who I am?

"Well, people tend to change once in a while, m'lord"I answered with the same smile plastered on my face.

He looked like he didn't believe me. He raised one of his eyebrows at me.

Even if he's wearing a disguise, his charisma remains the same!

"Your right" He replied after a choking silence.

What now? I should say something right? But what should I say? No wait where the hell is Max? Shouldn't he be here right now? He's supposed to bring the snacks!

Let's just ask him about his hobbies? No no...you shouldn't ask a psychopath their hobbies. Now what else! Aha! I'll ask him about his family at the north.

"Ahem-so"My words were cut off by an erupting knock from the door.

It must be Max with the snacks.

"Come in" I announced.

Soon Max came inside with a trolley which held snacks and tea.

Max began to pour tea and arranged the snacks on my desk.

When he was diligently doing this my eyes struck on the crumbs below his lips.

That cheeky little brat! No wonder he was taking so long getting the snacks!
He was munching them by himself!

After arranging the refreshments, Max gave me a quick bow and left closing the door behind him.

I sighed and glanced at Xenoc, who was continuously staring at me while sipping tea.

Looks like I'll just have to gouge his eyeballs out to make him stop staring at me.

I too began to take sips of the beverage while staring at him.

It looks like staring contest.

Both of us placed our teacups back on the table and continued to gawk at each other.

My patience is starting to wear thin.

"What is your purpose here, young master Winderwurt?" I asked as the smile plastered on my face faded away.

"I know what you are doing" He took one of the biscuits on the plate and bite  it.

"You should stop speaking in puzzles"I said annoyed as an irk mark formed on my forehead.

He stopped chewing and gulped it down while looking directly at me.

A smirk formed on his lips.

"The investigation" He said as he took another bite of the biscuit.

Why am I getting nervous now!!? It can't be that he knows about Marquis Leiber right? But then again his information guild is quick and sharp at picking things up.

I looked at him skeptically without saying anything.

As he finished eating his biscuit he began to pour himself tea.

Did he came all the way here just to have tea time with me?

I looked at him baffled.

"Shall I pour for you as well?"He asked glancing at me.

I nodded.

This is so un-etiquette. The host is supposed to serve their guest. You know what? He brought it upon himself. Who asked him to just barge in here uninvited?!

My eyebrows began to twitch.

"lady Salvair"I stiffened at the way he called me.

Why does he have such a deep voice!

It's giving me butterflies.

I looked at him while narrowing my eyes at him.

"I know about your investigation regarding Marquis Leiber" He said while sipping tea.

Lightning flashed behind me as a loud rumble was heard.

Suddenly I forgot how to breath and regained myself just as quickly.

I can't show him any vulnerability.

"And?" I asked nervously sipping tea.

"I also happen to know that it's having no sort of progress as of now"He said while looking at me.

Where's he going with this? I can't read this guy at all!

"What are you proposing?"I asked almost glaring at the man infront of me.

"I'm able to offer you my assistance in this investigation" Flashes of lightning refracted through the glass window.

"Assistance? I don't see any benefits for you "I replied nonchalantly as another flash of lightning was seen.

Winderwurt duchy has always sealed themselves away from the rest of the empire so if he says it's for the empire I'd just end up scoffing at his sudden patriotism.

"There are certain benefits for me.  I can list them out for you if it's what required to earn your trust "He replied as rain began to pour heavily.

"Please list them down"I narrowed my eyes at him.

"For one, Marquis Leiber is an annoying pest. He had been illegally smuggling ice crystals from my territory for the past years."He said as he adjusted himself on his seat.

"Can't you file case against him with subsequent evidences?"I asked.

"Where? At the Royal court?"He scoffed while resting his head on his arm.

Ah. Now I get it. The nobles in the empire wouldn't help him. They are all jealous of the prospering Winderwurt Dukedom. He doesn't have any political power nor any allies. Filing a case at the royal court would give him no advantage. The nobles might try to crush the case. Comparing to that Marquis Leiber has such a huge influence on the nobles so it's impossible to get rid of him that easily.

"Is that the only reason?"I asked as I kept my guard up high.

"I want to change the way the empire views the Winderwurts."He proclaimed as he placed the tea cup back on the table.

"So you are aiming for political power?" I arched an eyebrow at him.

"Precisely. I need this empire and it's people"

That's such a selfish reason but what can I expect from a villain?

I looked at the now cold tea as it reflected my face. Accepting his offer is advantageous but that's only if he's not the culprit.... Should I take this chance?

"Fine. I accept your proposition"I looked straight at his brown eyes.

He smiled and then I felt like chills ran down my spine.

He looks dangerously beautiful while smiling.

"Wise decision, mylady"He extended his hand for a handshake.

I gripped on his hand.

Cold. That's what his hand felt like.

"Then, I'll inform you anything regarding the investigation" His smile was still on.

"I look forward to it" I gave him my fake smile.

We withdrew our hands and he stood up.

"I'll be leaving now"He proclaimed.

His smile vanished as the familiar cold expression replaced it.

"Very well" I nodded at him and continued to stare at his retreating figure.

He even has great shoulders.....

"By the way"He stopped and turned around to look at me. "You look more beautiful with an honest smile" He added as the corners of his mouth lit up forming a seductive smirk.

I dazed at him as unknowingly a smile crept up my lips.

"I could say the same about you, m'lord" I said with a smile.

He chuckled and then turned around closing the door behind him leaving me in my own thoughts.

Did I make the right decision?

♠️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 145 14
Available at my Ko-fi page only. Soon to be release in google books. Follow ko-fi.com/bellaxtina _______________________________ SYNOPSIS Imagine wa...
140K 4.6K 28
[Completed] Misha Hilung, a sadist and a narcissist. A working adult that works at a company and has a hobby of reading fantasy novels or playing oto...
18.4K 471 29
Mitsuki Takahash is a young 19-year=old girl. She moved out from her abusive home and came to America. She finally free and living her live.....but s...
485K 27.5K 59
She had a very perfect life as she was a perfect girl. She had everything she could ask for, a brilliant mind, wealth, and many other things, hence d...