Project Ares

By Naboo_Prince

There once was a story of a soldier so devastating and skilled that he could take on whole armies. Those stor... More

Awakening
Departure
Fleet Command
Outpost
Return
Orange Wasteland
Ambush
New assignments
Moving in
Rescue Mission
Salvage
Alone
Shattered
The night that never ends
Reunion
Traitor
Getting the facts straight
Court Martial
Bodyguard
Move like a shadow
Bounty Hunters
Back to the front lines
Augmented
Conspiracy
Ghosts
99
Re-assigned
Goodbye Commander
Mandalore
Rallying the troops
Love and secrets
Replacements
What's the next move?
Brothers united
Invasion
Ares vs Orion
Epilogue
Potential sequel

Apex

655 14 4
By Naboo_Prince

Jedi Temple - Coruscant

Recently a Jedi Master and Padawan were killed on Devaron while protecting an ancient Jedi temple. Separatists had been making steady progress over the last few weeks but the new ARF trooper reinforcements should have at least slowed them down. However, the Republic forces had gone completely radio silent, which worried the Council to the point of sending the heavily decorated Delta Squad to investigate.

Interestingly, the commandoes had returned with the mutilated and ravaged bodies of both Master and Padawan. Concluding that this was the work of a monster rather than a droid, the Council immediately called for 117 to return to Coruscant. As the Republic cruiser touched down on the landing pad, Yoda and Windu watched as their hunter arrived. According to the incomplete Old Republic records, Chief was the apex predator in this profession. With a near-perfect success rate, it would be stupid to not pick him for this mission.

Briefing Chief on the situation, 117 was taken back to one of his first missions for the Old Republic. It was very similar to this, a group of Jedi Masters informed him of a target that needed to be eliminated. Only this time it wasn't a Sith but a savage brute that threatened the Republic's security greatly.

Following the short briefing in the Council Chambers, Chief was guided by Mace Windu towards the temple hangars. Stepping out to a large platform, Windu signalled for Chief to halt before presenting the spartan with his transport. A sleek grey ship with maroon details appeared out of nowhere on the platform. "This ship last saw action during the battle of Christophsis, so it may have some bumps but I assure you, the pilots know what they are doing."

Thanking the Jedi Master before throwing up a salute, Chief climbed aboard the stealth ship and reached the cockpit. "Where to sir?" The primary pilot asked, wearing a unique black airborne armour with a maroon helmet. Observing the rest of the crew, Chief saw that the navigators had large maroon crosses on their helmets, the gunners had two large red stripes going down each arm and the technicians had no markings. Each member of the crew was equipped with a set of black armour and external breathing modules. "Set course for Serenno, get us there as soon as possible."

"Sir, yes sir. Alright men, we're going to Serenno. Execute Special Recon, protocol seventy-one, I want this ship completely in the dark." The pilot relayed over the comm, soon the ship was in the air and on its way to the heart of Separatist space. 117 theorized that if the target was in any way related to the Sith, he would go back to his master. The leader of the Separatists was also a Sith lord by the name of Count Dooku, though he had almost been apprehended a few times before, he always managed to slip away from the conflict.

According to GAR files, Dooku resided primarily on Raxus and Serenno. However, both worlds harboured enormous fleets consisting of frigates, destroyers and even a few dreadnaughts. Concluding that it would be foolish to bring the assassin to the CIS's capitol, the only remaining option was Serenno. Looking out the front window of the stealth ship, Master Chief gazed at the passing stars to pass the time as they headed for their hazardous destination.

Time skip

Royal Palace - Serenno

After dropping out of hyperspace and engaging the ship's cloak, the transport successfully slipped past the planet's enormous fleet. According to the ship's scanners, there were at least 40 ships protecting the planet, 10 of which were Providence dreadnaughts. There were even 5 large Lucrehulk carriers that collectively carried tens of thousands of fighters, interceptors and bombers.

Reaching the landing zone was harder than expected, multiple Vulture droids were in the air flying patrols, making the crew have to plot additional nav points to steer clear of being detected. Eventually landing at the base of the mountain where the palace was built, the primary pilot told Chief that they would wait in orbit for him to finish up. Agreeing with the proposed plan, Chief disembarked after grabbing a sniper rifle from one of the weapon compartments.

As the ship took off to safety, Master Chief attached the additional weapon to his spare slot before commencing the climb up to the palace. Due to the heavy enemy presence, thrusters were not an option and Chief did not know what to expect on the top, so he decided not to use cables either. As the behemoth climbed further up the rock face, he reached a service tunnel that would provide him with a perfect entry point. Making sure that there were no hidden traps or alarms with his suit's scanners, Chief ripped open the thin steel grate before climbing in.

It wasn't a small tunnel, being a hexagonal shape and about 2 meters in diameter, it was certainly meant for maintenance droids that had to service parts of the rock face. However, because of his superhuman size, Chief had to lower his body to a considerable level before commencing his trek further into the belly of the beast.

Exiting the cramped tunnel into a green-lit hallway, Chief detached his assault rifle just in case there were any droids nearby. Quickly drawing the palace's blueprints from a nearby terminal and displaying it on his HUD, 117 made his way to the Count's chambers where he would conduct his business. Appearing on an elevated platform that overlooked the entire room, Chief switched his assault rifle for the sniper to truly take advantage of his position.

As if perfectly timed, the Count appeared through the main doorway obviously pleased by the giant smirk on his face. Taking a seat on his large throne, Dooku brought up a hologram of a large Nightbrother with yellow and black markings all across his face. "Well done my apprentice, you have completed your task with utmost prejudice."

"Thank you, my Master, your training served me well in disposing the Jedi filth."

"I have another assignment for you Savage, you are to go to the planet of Kashyyk and eliminate Chief Tarfull, leader of the Wookies. With his death, the Wookies will lose faith in the Republic and possibly refuse to continue providing essential resources to the war effort."

"It will be done, my lord." Dooku ended the transmission before heading off again to a different room. Chief had observed the entire conversation and knew where he had to be and who to shoot. Getting out of the building without being noticed was the easy part, getting picked up was not.

As soon as 117 was aboard the transport, Vulture droids and turrets started blasting away at the fleeing transport. Finally escaping the closing claws of Separatist fighters and cruisers, the stealth ship sped off to Kashyyk where Chief was hoping to intercept the Nightbrother brute.

Time skip

Kachirho City - Kashyyk

It was fair to say that the Wookie chieftain was not very happy when he heard of the plot against his life. Although he was definitely open to the spartan's suggestions when it came to his survival. Tarfull would be transported inland to a Wookie farming settlement along with a large portion of his honour guard. In the meantime, Master Chief would wait for the Sith apprentice to make his appearance.

Not long after Tarfull had left did the yellow-eyed Nightbrother storm through the front doors. Wielding a large steel pike alongside a double-bladed lightsaber, he was a force to be reckoned with. Coming just taller than the Master Chief, the giant brute yelled in rage at the sight of an empty throne. Making his appearance, Chief opened with a barrage of blaster bolts as he rushed the warrior. Deflecting some of the blasts, Savage continued to yell in rage as he threw his pike at the armoured attacker like a spear.

Dodging the incoming projectile just in time to see it crash through the wall, Chief slid underneath the assassin's incoming crimson blade and delivered a powerful uppercut to the Zabrak's chin. Following this strike with a few more punches and a kick to the abdomen, 117 struck the ignited lightsaber out of the Sith warrior's hands, sending it across the room.

Furious, the Sith grabbed 117 by the shoulder and tossed him into the wall. Before he could throw a counter, Chief was Force pushed through the wall and proceeded to fall down the tall trees of Kachirho city. Eventually landing on the beach with a heavy thud, sending sand everywhere and leaving a large crater. Hearing the angry Sith leaping down to finish him, Chief quickly rolled out of the way before gaining his footing.

Unsheathing his Vibroblade and shaking his arms loose, Chief watched as the Dark side brute charged at him with his pike once more. Coming down with a powerful slash, Chief ducked out of the way of the steel blade before grabbing the shaft and propelling himself up into Savage's face. With an iron fist, Master Chief sent the brute sprawling backwards.

Charging at his opponent, 117 dived into the Zabrak warrior as the pair rolled through the sand. Finding a gap in the muscular alien's defence, Chief landed a deadly punch below the Sith's shoulder, paralysing Savage's arm. Bringing his knife around for the kill shot, the Zabrak tried to counter but it was no use. Plunging the knife deep into the Nightbrother's chest, green blood oozed out from the wound along with an emerald-coloured gas. Though he tried to resist, Chief blocked all attempts to recover as Savage's immense strength was drained from him via his wounds.

After the warrior's last breath, Chief called for the transport to come to pick him up and to bring a body bag. Hearing this news, the pilot responded with congratulations and said that he'll contact the Jedi Council immediately. As the ship appeared from its invisible cloak, Chief shouldered the large corpse while walking towards the ramp. Setting a course for Coruscant, 117 returned the sniper rifle to the crew and thanked them for letting him use it.

"He he, it was no problem sir, and plus, it's not like we could say no if we tried to." The primary pilot replied jokingly, igniting a series of chuckles from the rest of the crew.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 123 10
(based off of Marvel's What If series. but different.) In this Universe, All is right based on there Story and Timeline. but in another Universe... T...
43.7K 2K 70
Nearly five years ago, the Clone Wars ended with a purge that wiped an entire people from the galaxy. Jess, formerly known as CC-9976, a member of th...
3.6K 75 22
(I Don't OWN Star Wars or Akame Ga Kill) Clone Wars crossover with Akame Ga Kill, THIS IS MY SECOND TIME WRITING THIS(So hopefully this turn out bett...
1.8K 36 13
This is the fifth book in the Jedi Twin series and takes place after the Star Wars: Attack of the Clones movie and starts a bit before the Clone Wars...