DUSK TILL DAWN ✔️ (Preview)

By aishatu_xx

Copyright© 2023. All rights reserved. Madina, the skillful pilot got hired to work for the most notorious for... More

Author's Note/Aesthetics
1- Metanoia
2- Ikigai
3- Sisu
4- Aviatrix
5- Arcane
6- Nunchi
7- Eccedentesiast
8- Dalliance
9- Munificence
10- Saudade
11- Hiraeth
12- Sorin
13- Egregious
14- Rantipole
15- Nemesism
16- Alexithymia
17- Whelve
18- Ephemeral
20- Cafuné
Author's Note!
Glimpseee of Whispers of Enchanté
Available on Selar!

19- Aerumnous

1K 203 20
By aishatu_xx

Aerumnous: full of trouble.

Begrudgingly, Bilal dragged his legs out of the room to go in search of food before his last meeting in Peru. He's looking to buy an electronics company but their PowerPoint wasn't good for the past several years and he is not about to make a deal with such bad business.

Making it out of the room, he expected to see Madina still lying on the couch he's left her on earlier but she wasn't there and no sign that she's been there just hours ago. Brows creased, he made his way to the kitchen to get something to eat when her voice stopped him at the threshold.

She was singing to a Nigerian song but he cannot pinpoint which song she was actually singing only that it sounded familiar. There are AirPods in both her ears so she sang the song word after word like it was her own lyrics. Bilal leaned against the doorframe and crossed his arms while watching her.

Something unfamiliar yet extremely satisfying washes over him at the thought of coming home to this sight every blessed day. The thought made his frown and curse himself mentally but at the same time, he cannot help wondering wha it would feel like to have her.

Yep, because it is hundred and eight percent not possible. I like thinking about infeasible things. They make me stay sane.

Madina pivoted around right then and sighted him standing there with God knows what sort of expression exhibited on his face. Bilal had no idea whether to be embarrassed to have being caught making this a mundane affair or yank her to his chest and have his wicked ways with her for he is just noticing what she was wearing.

The same outfit she's been wearing earlier when she got batshit drunk -wait, why doesn't she have a hangover? The tank top left little to imagination and the short culottes she was wearing stopped a little below her knees showing off ample of glowing mocha skin. He throbbed. Fuck.

Glancing away from her body was a struggle in its prime but he did anyway. His eyes fell on her head which she's used a red scarf to tie close though the wig is still present. Using his thumb, Bilal tried checking out with style whether there was a drool beside his lips. Anything is possible with how he feels right then.

When she gave him a sunny smile? He was sure he's lost it somewhere and he needed a cool bath or in this situation, an ice bath. If the smile she's given him earlier while she was drunk is sublimed and meant to send any man to his early death? Then this one is bewitching ready to ensnare any man that comes into hand and at the moment, it is Bilal.

She removed the mitts from her hands and her AirPods followed next. "Good morning, boss! How was your night?"

Bilal raised a brow at the causality but decided to play along with whatever game she is getting at. "Good morning, Miss Sambo. My night was good. How was yours?"

"Mine was anything but. I woke up with this awful hangover and found out I slept on the couch. I wonder how I ended up there when I was sure I was outside nursing polished wine." She gave him a look of surprise filled with questions in her eyes but Bilal knew the game just like the game owner.

"A stolen wine you mean?" He uncrossed his arms from his chest and stuck them into the pockets of his sweatpants.

In an innocent manner just like she did earlier, Madina's eyes widened. "It's yours? Ah, I had no idea but I was thirsty and the suite was as empty as your head."

"Of course it's mine. We are the only two people in the suite." He murmured the words slowly to irritate her and it's worked but her game is more important so she dropped the scowl immediately.

"Hmm." She tapped her lip with her forefinger then brightened like an idea just moseyed her cranium. "How about you eat my delicious food in place for your wine? I decided to take my thanks from the Rainbow Mountain to cook you breakfast. I mean, even you said it was going to be delicious."

Bilal knew he'd made a mistake by saying her food would be delicious. He will never be able to live off it but the words had tumbled out from his lips without warning. Even he was shocked at the way he'd said them. This is Madina.

Instead of falling into her trap, he raised a disinterested brow at her. "And die of food poisoning? Cheap poison at that? No thanks."

"I would've told you I poisoned the food if I wanted to. And you think I'm going to add poison to something i cook myself? I'll just order it from somewhere." She grinned while bringing out two plates and placed them on the kitchen island.

"Why not your food?" He is awfully interested in why she wouldn't use her food to poison him. She would want him dead in every situation. Her food or not.

"Why my food? Ha, it takes great work to become a chef and anything that involves spoiling my food is never welcomed. Even if that means annihilating you. You are not worth wasting my time and food on." She shook her head for emphasis then opened the mini fridge to get another bottle of wine and this time around, red.

There is alcohol in that one too but Bilal is not about to tell her that. He wants her drunk again. Fuck, he wants her anyway. If only it would be easy to have her without him regretting it the next minute. He is at the brink of precipice. He might die if he doesn't have Madina anytime soon.

This ache and pain keep on squeezing him from every corner. He is getting inundated in a pool of misery all because of the one woman he knew he shouldn't want but she is the only one he needs.

"Is that so?"

"Yep. And besides, I cannot kill you in a hotel suite when we live together. The first suspect will be me. I refuse to go to jail after murdering you. I'm helping the society." She sounded very serious while she orchestrated the table with utter dedication.

"How smart of you." Bilal grumbled out after a scoff. He had no idea why Madina hated him so much. He thought he did too but things are changing.

"I'm not dumb."

"Really? I would think otherwise after the moronic decisions you've taken throughout your life." He saw the way her hands clenched at his comment but she forced a smile to her face.

What game is this? He is slowly starting to lose interest in it because he thought he knew how to play. He was woefully wrong.

"Have a seat, Mr. Garo. You are about to eat a not stolen food from me and you should ready yourself for it. Don't become addicted or intoxicated." She joked though the emotions whirling around her eyes is anything but amusing.

Bilal wanted to keep arguing but the sight of her barbecue chicken sauce, biryani fried rice dressed expensively with well diced veggies had him sitting down on command. If not Aisha's food, this will have to do albeit Madina is a better cook than his sister. He won't admit that though. Not even out loud to himself.

She served them both the food but stopped him from eating first just to prove that she didn't poison the food. One bite and she let out a moan that went straight south. Bilal gripped his spoon tightly while a pinched expression ambled to his face. She is playing around a volcano.

They ate their food while threading around a light conversation like the matured adults they should be but Bilal knew deep down that it was not going to last. Madina hated him and that will not change anytime soon. If ever. She's doing it all because of her food.

The food was mouthwatering and far more better than any he's ever tasted in his entire lifetime. Not even at those high end restaurant or the five stars. Madina has magic in her hands and she knows that. She could lure any man with a piece of her delectable trickery.

At some point she stopped eating to watch him. Bilal knew he'd moaned at one of the morsels he sauntered to his mouth, he had no control over his taste buds nor the reaction that followed. Beneath it all, he knew he was in a deep shit of trouble here.

How is he going to survive without her food now? She's always been a commotion and a dilemma but now, danger sign is drawn on her forehead to stop victims miles away. Bilal didn't pay heed to that and went headlong into it. Consequences be damned at this point.

Done with their meal, Madina was halfway through the bottle of the red wine she's brought out. Bilal's eyes widened but he kept his mouth shut. When did she open the bottle to begin with? And why didn't she read the bottle before she started drinking from it?

With his thumb, Bilal hid a smile from his lips and leaned back with a satisfied expression on his face. He is not going to stop himself today from taking advantage of her. Well, except if she doesn't bring herself to him of course.

"Your food is good." He complimented, his eyes on his empty plate that is cleaned up except for the little oil beneath to show food had been there moments earlier.

Madina gave him a sultry grin exhibiting just how drunk she is. No, tipsy. The alcohol in Domaine de la Romanee-Conti is just fifty percent unlike the one she took earlier that has eighty percent.

"You don't have to say it. I know my food is amazinggg." She slammed the wine glass on the table then lean her head on it too, her eyes fixed in his.

Bilal stared at her for a moment too long enough to see the desire creeping behind her lids while she took him in. Lust creeps up his throat, too thick and raw and sweet to swallow. He knows what she wants; it's written all over those perfect fucking features.

Taking the bottle of the red wine, Bilal took a sip straight from the decanter and finished the bottle. If things are going to go south, he is ready for all the consequences that might follow. It doesn't matter if he's still not a little bit drunk.

He just wants Madina to think that they were both drunk so early in the morning. If she comes to him, only God's great power could stop him from having his way. Sinning or not, he is going head first. Now he is going to wait for her to pounce then take charge.

"Where did you learn how to cook?"

"I don't know. Tv shows? I started to love cooking late in my teens and here I am with the perfect hand."

"Perfect indeed."

"I'm drunk right?"

"I think so."

"But you're not."

"I'm not."

"How about our kiss yesterday? Or earlier in the morning? Should we forget that it's happened like they do in books?" She tiled her head, an interested expression drowning her slurs.

"No because I cannot fucking forget about it." Bilal gritted out, his eyes falling hopelessly to her lips. How could he? He's barely slept.

"I was that good?" She giggled childishly then hiccuped.

"You've always been that good, Bitty." Bilal realized with much dismay that the nickname is slowly ensnaring her name from his mind.

"That awful nickname. Don't call me that ever again or I'll castrate you in your sleep." This time she is frowning, looking utterly serious. She never hated it in the past.

Rolling his eyes, Bilal dared. "You wouldn't."

"Dare me."

"I dare you."

Madina watched him for a long time before she wobbled to her feet, her chest bouncing in process. Mesmerized, Bilal continued to watch her as she came to stand beside him, eyes half-lidded. He wanted to look away, really but he knew he was a done case this morning.

Slowly, he snaked his arms behind her lower back and pulled her to his lap where she fell with a small gasp before she giggled to his face. All seriousness gone within seconds. Bilal stared at her flawless and unblemished face in wonder. Someone this beautiful shouldn't be wasted in the streets. If only.

"You have always been so strong." She hit his chest, a smile that could bring any man to his knees and he is not excluded. Hell, he is the first.

"Yeah?" He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, electric zap lit his fingers in process.

"Hmm. Remember how you used to carry me around like I weigh nothing?" Madina's smile wasn't reminiscing, it was painful and filled with loathe that in return stuffed him with dread.

"Yeah. You still weigh nothing." Bilal stood up with her still close around him as though afraid if he lets her go, she'd disappear.

"I hope you know that I still hate you very much. I hate you." She held his hand in hers. Her small ones weren't as big as one of his.

Swallowing, Bilal lied through his teeth, feeling it scrape like an iron in his mouth. "I despise you too."

Even with that knowledge, she was surprised when he took her by the shoulders and pulled her flush against him. Her arms shot out, fitting against his chest. When his lips met hers, she lost her grip on reality. Her legs gave out, and Bilal's arms slipped around her, holding her tighter.

His mouth was hot and consuming. He kissed her with everything -his lips and teeth and tongue- and she reciprocated with just as much passion, and though she knew she should not encourage him, her body had a mind of its own. As her hands moved up his chest and around his neck, Bilal made a sound deep in his throat that both thrilled and frightened her.

Then they were moving, and she felt the edge of the kitchen island at her back. When he lifted her off the ground, she wrapped her legs around his waist. He was so much taller than her, and this position allowed him to trace her jaw with his lips, nip at her ear, and kiss down her neck.

The sensation made her gasp, and she arched against him, driving her fingers through his soft growing hair. A groan slipped from her lips. She needed more.

Who's noticed? This chapter is a bit rushed. I feel like I haven't updated in a decade and this was written long ago. It's a rough draft really. Enjoyyyyy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5M 310K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
165K 11.2K 44
The complete book is available at Dreame. "Your innocence draws me to you like moth drawn to flames." "I want to drop all the veils of decency and pa...
304K 12.8K 62
#Crazy series - Book 1 "Ohh hello bhaiyya do you know who my husband is - izzah asked to the shopkeeper. "Who is he - said shopkeeper. "He is a mafi...
18.7K 2.4K 39
Follow the story of Laura who is about to be forced into marriage to a criminal by her father after the death of her mentally ill mother With the hel...