the journey || goh. {UNDER ED...

By page_yerin

under editing before i continue more chapters | ❁ཻུ۪۪ ━ ❝ 𝑻𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒏 𝒂 𝒋𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒆𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖�... More

character info
enter pikachu!
legend? go! friends? go!
ivysaur's mysterious tower
settling the scorbunny!
mind-boggling dynamax
working my way back to mew!

serving up the flute cup!

139 2 1
By page_yerin

Date : 6/4/23

Ash's goal is to become a Pokémon Master, Aria's aiming to become a Psychic Master, and Goh wants to catch one of every Pokémon as he works towards his dream of catching Mew!

Now, another exciting day of adventure awaits the three of them!

Mr. Mime extends his hand out.

We extend our hands out.

Mr. Mime slowly moves to the left.

We slowly move to the left.

Mr. Mime does yoga.

We do yoga.

"Yamp, Yamp, Yamp!"

"Miiiiiime.." Mr. Mime moves around slowly. "Miiiiiime."

"Nice and slow." Goh moves slowly like Mr. Mime along with all the Pokémon. "Nice and slow..."

"Why do I have to be here?" Chloe sighs.

"If it's good for you, then why not?" Dad answers. "There's nothing like doing a little martial arts first thing in the morning."

Chloe gives Dad the side eye. "Honestly..."

"I'll tell you, it's not that easy." Goh sweatdrops.

"Of course it isn't." I point out.

"Espeon.." Espeon follows the motions while sitting.

Goh continues, "How does Mr. Mime stay so steady?"

"I'd say it has a strong sense of balance." Dad assumes.

"Scorbun."

"Yamp, Yamp, Yamp, Yamp."

"Scorbunny?"

Scorbunny looks up at Goh.

"Why don't you go play?" He smiles.

"Scorbun!" Scorbunny jumps up.

"Yamp, Yamp, Yamp, Yamp, Yamp!"

"Scorbun, Scorbun!"

"Mime, Mime, Mime."

"Right, like this?" Goh sweatdrops at Mr. Mime, who was shaking his head, and pointed at Metapod.

"Huh?" The four of us turn our heads behind us.

"Mime, Mime, Mime, Mime." Mr. Mime nods and smiles with its eyes closed.

Goh gasps. "Wha- You mean like that..!?"

"You're serious?" Chloe sweatdrops. Goh grumbles.

"Yup. Exactly." Dad says like he's holding his breath.

"How in the world are we supposed to do that?" I puff up my cheeks and stare at the calm Pokémon.

"Yamp, Yamp, Yamp, Yamp, Yamp."

"Scor, Scor, Scorbun!" Scorbunny kicks Metapod from the back, sending it flying, and bounces off a rock with a cracking sound.

"Uh..." Dad stares at the Metapod in confusion.

"I thought I just heard a weird noise." Chloe looks blankly.

"If I remember correctly.." Goh pauses.

"...inside of a Metapod is.." I continue.

The four of us start screaming. Well, more like three, because I just yelped.

"THIS IS AWFUL!!" Dad brushes off the side of the rock. "Are you all right?!?"

"Please calm down!! You're talking to a rock!" Chloe exclaims at Dad.

Goh holds Metapod. "Metapod, are you hurt?!"

The Metapod winks at Goh. Goh sighs. "Oh, thank goodness."

Scorbunny whimpers in shock at what he did to Metapod.

"It's okay Scorbunny." I chuckle, lightly petting his head.

"Goh? Aria?" A voice calls out.

"Hm?" Goh and I say in unison, looking up.

Two backpacks fly into the air towards us. Goh catches his backpack, and I catch my new one from a few days ago.

It was lavender and one of those small backpacks, so I usually put a few Pokéballs, a water bottle, and my Rotom Phone in the front pocket.

Scorbunny grunts and manages to soften Metapod's fall with his head (sadly).

"Huh?"

"Hoen region, here we come!" Ash puts his hands on his hips and grins.

"Pikachu! Pika, Pika!" Pikachu punches his fist into the air.

"Wait what??" I stare at him, before looking through my bag.

Serving Up The Flute Cup!

*insert music*

"Announcing the Battle Frontier Flute Cup, featuring the greatest Trainers and the strongest Pokémon! Each trainer will use two Pokémon per battle as they rise through the ranks!"

A female appears on the screen now. "And the winner will receive this beautiful five-color flute set! I want you to enter!"

The girl winks. "Now, don't be shy! Let's have a Pokémon battle!"

"I get it now." Goh realizes. "Wait, Ash, Ari? Have you chosen your partners yet?"

"Pika!"

"Pikachu and..." Ash smiles as he takes out a Pokéball.

"Huh?" Goh backs away from Ash's arm.

"Mime, Mime!"

"Mimey!" Ash exclaims.

"Hey, it's Mr. Mime. Hmm." Goh thinks before turning to Ash. "Wait, you chose Mr. Mime?! But can it even battle?"

Mr. Mime chuckles and stares at Goh creepily. I almost choke trying to stifle a laugh.

"Now, what's up with that sinister grin?!" Goh sweatdrops as Ash giggles. "'Let's deal with that later.' Huh."

Goh starts waving his arm with Scorbunny. "NO, LET'S DEAL WITH IT RIGHT NOW! I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL LATER!"

"So which two are you choosing, Aria?" Ash asks. Goh stops to look at me.

"Oh uh, I chose Espeon and my Absol." I answer, holding up a Pokéball with an Absol design on the top half of the Pokéball.

"Whoa, you have an Absol? That's awesome!" Ash exclaims.

"And Goh?" I ask, putting away Absol's Pokéball.

"Huh? Well, I chose Scorbunny and..." Goh says as Scorbunny turns and smiles.

Goh ~ Flashback ☆

"Now which one would be the strongest in battle?" Goh looks around. "Uh...hm?"

He sets his eyes on Pinsir, who looked very dead inside.

"Pinsir, you're strong." Goh points out. Pinsir looks away, sweating, and snarls.

Goh sighs with a sweatdrop.

"Scyther!"

"Hm?"

"Scythe, Scythe. *looks at Goh* Scythe. *look*"

"Scyther...? You wanna come?" Goh asks.

"Scyther!" Scythe stabs his forearm in the air before putting it beside his head. "Scythe."

End of Flashback ☆

"Then it's Scyther!" Ash exclaims. "This'll be a lot of fun!"

He giggles. "I'm so fired up!!"

"Pika, Pika! Pikachu!"

"I know, I'm so excited!!" My eyes twinkle. "But I don't exactly need a Flute Set so I'll be okay as long as I get a good battle."

"So I guess you're into Pokémon battles as much as Ari, huh?" Goh looks at Ash.

Ash grins. "Yeah! It's hard to explain it, but it's kind of like with my Pokémon at my side, there's nothing I can't do!"

"For me, it's just so exciting to battle. I don't know how to explain it, it's just so intense but it's fun!" I squeal.

"You really like battling, too, huh?" Ash smiles. I nod. "How about you, Goh?"

"Uh... I'm not sure yet. I still don't know much about it." Goh thinks, his hands on his chin.

Ash nudges Goh with his elbow. "There you go, talking like that again. You're here to compete, right?"

"But that's because you entered me in the competition without my permission! Besides..."

"Scorbun!" Scorbunny jumps.

"Wait, a Pokémon?! Come on!" Goh runs after a Taillow.

"Nybun!"

"Hoenn region Pokémon, here we come!" Goh yells.

"Scorbun!"

Ash chuckles. "Well, that's Goh for ya."

"Yep." I sigh.

"Pikachu."

"Esp.."

A low rumbling noise appears and we look around. "Huh?"

"Pika?"

"A Hariyama!" Ash exclaims. "Maybe it'll be competing, too!"

He pulls out his Rotom Phone and takes a picture.

"Hariyama, the Arm Thrust Pokémon. A Fighting Type. Hariyama can send a truck flying with one of its slaps, and it loves competitions of strength."

"Hariya."

A dark shadow hovers over Ash and I as we look up.

"Huh?"

"Hariyama."

A male on the Hariyama's shoulder finishes combing his hair and puts the comb in his jacket pocket, growling at them.

"What's that guy want, a battle or something?" Ash asks, sweatdropping.

"Pika!" Pikachu clenches his teeth.

"If so, he's got one!"

"Hey!" The boy calls out. "Listen up!"

"What??" I question, not being able to hear him.

"Would you do me a favor and stop blocking the way?" The guy has an empty water bottle in his hand.

"Huh?" Ash turns around. "Uh, sure. Sorry!"

We move out of the way.

"Don't worry about it." He smiles cockily as his Hariyama leans down so the guy could put the water bottle in the recycling bin.

He grunts before falling over onto the trash bin on his face, and his water bottle flips to Ash, who catches it.

Ash puts the water bottle into the bin. "Hey, are you all right?"

"Yeah. I'm- I'm all right." He pulls his head out of the can, revealing a red spot in the middle of his face. "See, that didn't hurt one bit! I'm feeling fine!"

He cackles as Ash and I sweatdrop.

"My name's Ash and this is my partner Pikachu. And this is Mimey."

"Mime, Mime!"

"Pikachu!"

"I'm Aria. And this is Espeon." Aria pets Espeon laying down on her lap.

"I'm Hodge from Lavaridge Town and this is my partner Hariyama." The male named Hodge says.

"Hariyama!" Hariyama puts his hands together, blowing a fast but short breeze.

"Will you be entering the competition with Hariyama?" Ash asks.

"I guess so."

"Who's your second Pokémon?"

"That's classified info!" Hodge replies. "I can't just go revealing my secret weapon to somebody I might battle."

Suddenly, a Mightyena jumps towards them from the bushes, making the three + Pikachu screech. The Mightyena growls.

"Mightyena?!" Hodge exclaims.

Goh and Scorbunny come out on the other side.

"Goh?!" I stare.

"Scor. Scor." Scorbunny jumps in a fighting position.

"Prepare to be caught this time, Mightyena, for sure!" Goh shouts before Hodge blocks Mightyena.

"Hold it right there!"

"Huh?"

"This Pokémon happens to be with me!" Hodge explains as Mightyena pants with a smile.

Goh gasp-yelps, eyes widened.

"So Mightyena's your other Pokémon, huh?" I comment as Ash's eyes twinkle at the Mightyena.

"Here I thought I could catch a Mightyena for myself, but instead, it's hanging out with this guy." Goh mutters with his lips puckered as a Taillow lands on his shoulder.

"Not 'this guy'! The name's Hodge!"

"But, look, Ari, Ash! Check this out!" Goh gestures to his shoulder.

"Awesome! You caught yourself a Taillow this time. Cool!" Ash exclaims.

"And I'm going to catch so many more while I'm here!" Goh's eyes sparkle.

Hodge cackles. "You know? Pretty cute!"

"Now, hold on, you making fun of me?!" Goh shouts.

"Scor!" Scorbunny grumbles with an idk mark.

"I'm not making fun, I'm just saying the whole thing's pretty cute!" Hodge explains as Scorbunny creeps towards him, and was about to kick before Mightyena growls at him.

"Sounds like making fun in my book!" Goh fires back.

Scorbunny kicks Ash's butt. "I didn't say a thing!"

"Pika!?!" Pikachu stares in complete horror.

Scorbunny coos, acting like he didn't do anything.

"Pi! Pikachu!" Pikachu electrifies Ash, who screams.

"Augh! Leave me outta this!!"

Scorbunny jumps around giggling, making Pikachu even more irritated.

"Pika, Pika!"

Pikachu chases after Scorbunny while Espeon is trying to calmly get them to stop.

"You all are good friends." Hodge chuckles.

"Yeah." Ash mutters, rubbing his behinds.

"Nybun!"

"Pika!"

"Looks like the tournament matchups are in." Hodge looks at his phone.

"Hmm?" Goh turns.

The three of us + our Pokémon jump over to Hodge. "Let's see it!"

"Well, so this guy's my first opponent."

"Not 'this guy'! I'm Goh!" Goh exclaims.

"Scorbun!"

"Heh! This'll be a piece of cake."

The two glare at each other.

"The Battle Frontier Flute Cup is about to get underway! For the first battle, we've got Goh of Vermillion City versus Hodge of Lavaridge Town!"

"YEAH, GOH! YEAH, HODGE, YEAH!" Ash shouts.

"PIKA, PIKAAA!"

"SHOW US A GOOD BATTLE, OKAY?!"

"STAY CALM, GOH!" I cup my hands around my mouth.

"Uh, okay."

"Scorbun!"

"So, which Pokémon are up first?"

"Check this!" Hodge calls out as the two throw out their Pokéballs.

"Scyther! Scythe."

Mightyena roars.

"Nybun?"

Goh sweatdrops and I could see him muttering something. He takes out his Rotom Phone.

"I can win this. I know it!" He says, putting his Rotom Phone away. "But a little insurance never hurts."

"Battle begin!"

"Now let's boost your attack power! Scyther, use Swords Dance!"

"Scyther! Scythe!" Scyther swings its arms around and swords spin around it, before a yellow attack boost shows around Scyther.

"Ha! Use Fire Fang!" Hodge shouts.

Mightyena grunts and roars, the fire bursting in its mouth surrounds Scyther and the flame wounds Scyther.

"Pika!"

Ash and I stare in shock.

"And it's a sudden, unexpected attack against Scyther, and it's super effective!"

"Scyther is unable to battle! Mightyena wins it!"

Goh kneels in front of Scyther, and returns him.

Hodge chuckles at Goh with Mightyena growling as Goh walks back.

"Scorbun!" Scorbunny kicks around, fired up. "Scor! Scor!"

Goh runs back and Scorbunny goes up.

"This time, Goh has brought out Scorbunny!"

"All right, let's hit 'em first thing! Use Double Kick!" Goh shouts.

"Scor, Scor!"

"All right, use Snarl!"

Mightyena roars, shooting a purple beam of wind. Scorbunny whimpers and yells before flying backwards.

(I'm so lazy rn-)

"Mightyena, now! Crunch, let's go!"

Mightyena roars and fang-like things chomp onto Scorbunny, creating a large smoke.

"Scorbunny!" Goh exclaims.

"Scorbunny..." The fainted Scorbunny groans.

"Scorbunny's unable to battle, which makes Hodge the winner of this round!"

The audience applauds.

"Talk about a show of strength! Hodge took the tournaments first match in no time flat!"

We watch as Goh kneels to Scorbunny.

"Goh.." I watch him.

"Poor Goh."

"Pika."

"Here. We've restored both of your Pokémon to complete health." Nurse Joy says.

"Thank you so much." Goh takes the two Pokéballs.

"Scyther!"

"Scorbunny!!"

Scorbunny jumps around while Scyther does his usual arm training...thing.

"Scyther, Scorbunny..." Goh smiles softly.

"Goh?"

"Huh?"

"Come on. Cheer up!" Ash puts a hand on his shoulder. Goh grumbles, looking away and clenching his fists.

"You know, catching is a lot more fun!" Goh runs off past Scorbunny and Scyther. "I'm gonna go catch a Wurmple!"

"Goh!" Ash shouts. I hold Ash back, shaking my head. Goh stops. Ash softens up. "You'll be there, though, when we battle, right?"

Goh pauses before yelling. "Let's go!! Both of you!"

He starts to run off.

"Scor?"

"Scythe."

The two Pokémon go after him.

"I think that's a no.." I step back.

"Our next match is Aria from Vermillion City versus Celene from Asame Town!"

"YOU CAN DO IT ARIA!!" I can hear Ash shouting. I smile.

"PIKA, PIKAAA!"

"Now, who will be their first Pokémon?"

"Go, Raichu!!" The girl, Celene, with white hair and deep blue eyes, throws out her Pokéball.

"You're up, Espeon!" Aria smiles at the lavender Pokémon as it runs over to the front.

"Battle begin!"

"Raichu, quick, use Volt Tackle!" Celene shouts.

"Rai, Rai, Rai, Rai...!"

"Reflect!" I swing my hand to the left as Espeon creates a reflect shield.

"Rai!" Raichu groans as it hits the shield and falls backward.

"Raichu!" Celene gasps.

"Now, Iron Tail!" I shout. Espeon jumps over the shield and hits Raichu with her tail mid-air.

Raichu hits the ground, and Espeon swiftly lands. I smile sinisterly.

"NICE ONE, ARIA!!" Ash cheers.

Raichu jumps up.

"Raichu, Quick Attack!"

"Rai, Rai, Rai!" Raichu dashes all around Espeon, making her confused.

"Swift, all over, let's go!" Espeon shoots out stars around her and eventually hits Raichu.

"Raichu!"

"Raichu is unable to battle! Espeon wins it!"

I click my tongue and mutter. "I feel like that was way too easy.."

Celene throws out her second Pokéball.

"Primariii~ Riiiinaa~" Primarina sing-songs.

"Now, Primarina, use Aqua Jet!" Celene yells.

"Primari~~"

"Going with close combat, hmm?" I mumble. "Use Psybeam!!"

Espeon lets out a small cry before launching a purple beam through her forehead gem.

The Aqua Jet and Psybeam clash until it explodes and makes both Pokémon fall backward.

"Esp!"

"Prima!"

Celene clenches her teeth. "Use Sparkling Aria!"

"Wait what-" I pause at the mention of my name.

"Primarina!~"

Primarina makes a bubble before bursting it into smaller ones shooting at Espeon.

"Espeon!" I shout as smoke appears.

"Esp." Espeon stands firm behind the Reflect.

"Espeon used the previous Reflect to block Sparkling Aria!" Ash exclaims. "Great going, Espeon!!"

I exhale with relief as Espeon gets ready. "Now use Psychic!"

Espeon uses her powers to lift up Primarina and repeatedly threw her down onto the ground and up, then down.

"Pri~!!"

"Primarina!" Celene exclaims.

Primarina lands with a thud, but is still able to move and get up.

"Icy Wind!!"

Primaries immediately responds by blowing a cold breeze of wind to Espeon, whose legs/arms get stuck with ice.

"Esp!" Espeon cries as she flies backwards.

"Espeon is unable to battle!"

"Return." I say, holding out Espeon's Pokéball. Holding the Pokéball close to my cheek, I smile. "Thank you."

I take out Absol's Pokéball. "Go!!"

"Absol!" Absol roars.

"It's Absol!" Ash exclaims in awe.

"Pikachu!"

"Absol, Psycho Cut!" I yell. Absol growls and swings his head, his horn glowing purple and shooting slashes.

"Counter it with Sparkling Aria!"

Primarina emits multiple bubbles to clash into the Psycho Cuts and even goes past to hit Absol. Absol groans in pain.

"Double Team and use Quick Attack to run around Primarina!" I shout.

Absol roars, making doubles of himself, and uses Quick Attack, running around Primarina to make it confused.

"You stole my strategy." Celene chuckles. "Icy Wind!!"

Primarina blows icy cold wind towards me as the Absol continue running around.

"No, not really." I smile back. "Use Night Slash!"

Absol grunts and uses Night Slash from behind Primarina.

"Prima...!~" Primarina sighs and faints.

"Primarina is unable to battle! Which means the win goes to Aria!!"

"YEAH!! ALL RIGHT!!" Ash cheers.

"They're amazing! Ash and Pikachu of Pallet Town are the real deal! But the overwhelming strength of Lavaridge Town's Hodge has so far been unrivaled!"

"Now it's time for the Battle Frontier Flute Cup championship match with a battle between Ash of Pallet Town and Hodge of Lavaridge Town!"

"I can't believe I lost to Ash." I exhale and chuckle. "That guy is one unpredictable Trainer."

I hear panting behind me and a familiar voice. "Just made it!"

I turn around. "Goh!"

"Ari!" Goh smiles before it goes away and he looks down. "Sorry I was kind of mad at you and Ash because I lost so easily.."

"Psh! I'm almost used to that now. It's fine." I wave my palm up and down. "Anyways, I lost to Ash so now it's him and Hodge."

Goh nods before looking at me with widened eyes. "Wait, you lost to Ash?! No way!!"

"Scorbun?!"

"Esp."

We watch as Hodge throws a Pokéball.

"Let's go!" Ash shouts, throwing his.

"Hariyama!"

"Mime, Mime, Mime!" Mr. Mime giggles.

"What?! Mr. Mime?!" Goh points.

"Hari!" Hariyama pushes his palms together.

"No way! Mr. Mime doesn't stand a chance!" Goh sweats along with Scorbunny who nods.

"Don't underestimate Mr. Mime. I told you, I lost to Ash and Mr. Mime was pretty great." I cross my arms.

"Battle begin!"

"Ready, Hariyama? Use Force Palm!" Hodge smirks.

"Hariyama!"

"Here it comes!" Goh exclaims.

"Now, dodge it, Mimey!" Ash shouts.

Hariyama shoots a Force Palm and Mr. Mime tilts to his side to dodge.

Mr. Mime giggles. "Mime, Mime!"

"Mr. Mime stayed out of the way." Goh slightly gasps.

"Use Force Palm a bunch of times!" Hodge says, combing through his hair.

"Hariyama! Hari, Hari, Hari!"

"Incredible! Hariyama throws Force Palm after Force Palm in a powerful display, but Mr. Mime is dodging them all!"

"Great job! Keep it up, Mimey!" Ash grins.

"Mr. Mime!"

"Every second it looks like it's going down, but it never does! Wonders never cease!"

Goh jumps slightly with realization. "That's it! It's using martial arts!"

"Yep." I nod.

"Hari! Hari!"

"Mime! Mime!"

"What's going on with the constant dodging?!" Hodge sweats.

"Hari, Hari, Hari." Hariyama is visibly sweating as well.

"All right, Mimey! Use Focus Punch!" Ash shouts.

"Mime!" Mr. Mime whistles before jumping towards Hariyama and punching him in the stomach.

"Hari!" Hariyama's eyes widen. Hodge screams with shock and despair.

Ash smiles. "All right!"

"Whoa!" The announcer shouts as the audience cheers.

Goh's eyes sparkle. "Who would've guessed it? Mr. Mime can really battle!"

Hariyama groans. "Hari."

"Shake it off and use Arm Thrust!"

"Use Reflect!" Ash exclaims.

"Hariyama!"

"Mime!" Mr. Mime puts up a wall in front of Hariyama's Arm Thrust.

"And Mr. Mime expertly guards against Hariyama's Arm Thrust!"

Hodge grunts. "Arm Thrust again!"

"Use Reflect!"

"Hari!"

"Arm Thrust!"

"Use Reflect!"

"Hari, Hari, Hariyama!"

"ARM THRUST!" Hodge cries with desperation for what seemed like the 50th time.

"Hariyama!" Hariyama panics, trapped in a wall full of Reflects.

"But how?!" Hodge shouts.

"This is incredible! Hariyama is so bound up in Mr. Mime's Reflect that it can't budge!"

"The next move will do it!" Ash exclaims. "Psychic, let's go!"

"Mime!" Mr. Mime raise his arms then puts them back in front of Hariyama. "Mr. Mime! Mime!!"

"Hariyama!" Hariyama shouts as it crashes back onto the battling ground.

"Hariyama!" Hodge sweatdrops.

"Yeah!" Ash cheers.

"Hariyama.."

"Hariyama is unable to battle! Mr. Mime wins it!"

"Pika!!" Pikachu cheers with Ash, jumping around. "Pika! Pika, Pika!!"

"Mime, Mime, Mime."

"What a battle! What a Pokémon! My opinion of Mr. Mime in battle has done a complete 180!"

Goh and I watch as Hodge mutters something to his Pokéball before throwing out his Mightyena.

Mightyena snarls as Ash exclaims, "Mightyena's up!"

"Pika, Pika!"

"Let's go, Mimey!" Ash smiles before Mr. Mime gives him the sinister grin and immediately crosses his arms into an X.

"Mime!"

Ash and Pikachu's jaws drop. Goh dives to the floor as I start cackling. Mr. Mime was sweating and shaking.

"What do you know?! It looks like Mr. Mime doesn't want to battle!"

"I understand. Get a good rest!" Ash takes out his Pokéball and returns Mr. Mime. "Pikachu, ready?"

"Pikachu!"

"And up next is Pikachu!"

"Mightyena, use Snarl!" Mightyena snarls and shoots a blast of purple wind.

"Pikachu, Quick Attack!"

"Pi, Pi, Pi!" Pikachu dashes through and manages to land a hit on Mightyena. "Pi! Pika!"

"Now, follow up with Iron Tail!"

"Pika!"

"Quick, Mightyena, Crunch!"

Mightyena gets out of his trance and snarls, running to Pikachu.

"Chu!....Pika!" Pikachu hits Mightyena with his tail.

A loud smoke explodes as they start to fall back.

"Way to go! All right, keep it up with Thunderbolt!" Ash shouts.

"Pika!"

"Don't give them the chance! Snarl, let's go!"

Mightyena barks then snarls.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu charges up electricity and shoots Thunderbolt to the ceiling, making a hole, as he dodges Snarl.

"How much power can there be in one battle?! It's move and counter-move without time to breathe! And that's why these two made it all the way to the finals!"

"Don't blink, everyone, or you'll miss it!"

"Is this it?" Goh's eyes sparkle and whispers. "This is what a Pokémon battle's about?"

"Pikachu, are you okay?"

Pikachu pants. "Pikachu."

"All right, let's wrap this up." Hodge says. "Mightyena, use Sucker Punch!"

Mightyena snarls and runs around Pikachu at the speed of light.

"Look at that! Pikachu can't tell where the attack is going to land!"

"What's Ash gonna do now?" Goh whispers.

"Augh!"

"Pi. Pika!"

"Now! Do it, Mightyena!" Hodge commands.

Mightyena snarls and headbutts into Pikachu's face, sending him flying.

"Pika!"

"Yes!" Hodge exclaims.

"We're still okay, so use Electroweb straight up in the air!" Ash says.

"Pika!"

"Huh?"

"Pika, Pika, Pika, Pika!" Pikachu shoots Electroweb into the hole in the ceiling.

"What's Pikachu doing?! It used Electroweb in the opposite direction of its opponent!"

Hodges eyes widen. "Huh?!"

Pikachu stretches upward and gets flung to Mightyena.

"Fly in using Iron Tail!"

"Chu! Pika!" Pikachu spins and hits Mightyena.

"Mightyena, quick-"

Hodge screams as the ground breaks into an explosion and Ash chuckles. Goh stares with wide eyes and lets out a muffled gasp.

"Mightyena is unable to battle! And the winner is Pikachu!"

"I don't believe it! Ash and Pikachu took the power of Mightyena's attack and added it to their own! Folks, there is no doubt who clinched this!"

"It's Ash of Pallet Town!"

Pikachu and Ash high-five like Scorbunny and Goh.

"We really did it, Pikachu!"

"Pikachu!"

"And the winner of the Battle Frontier Flute Cup is...Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town!"

"Thanks so much, everyone!" Ash calls out, holding up the Flute Set white Mr. Mime waves the trophy.

"Pikachu!"

"Mime, Mime!"

Suddenly, he freezes at a large thud.

Hodge sitting on Hariyama's shoulder looks down at Ash. "All right, Ash..."

Ash whimpers slightly.

"Pika.."

Hodge growls before chuckling and extending a hand. "I've never had a battle that incredible in my whole life!"

"It was a lot of fun!" Ash giggles and extends his hand. Hodge grunts, struggling to reach Ash's hand and falls forward.

"Congratulations on your win, Ash, Pikachu." Goh congrats.

"Yeah, you were great." I smile.

"And getting a compliment from Ari isn't easy." Goh chuckles.

"Hey!" I pout.

"Scorbun. Scorbun."

"Thanks Goh, Aria."

"Pika, Pika!"

"And Mr. Mime," Goh looks down at him, "you were the coolest I've ever seen!"

"Mime, Mime." Mr. Mime giggles sheepishly.

"One more thing." Goh stops and Ash and I turn around to look at him. "Uh, listen."

"Huh?"

"Pokémon battles are..." Goh looks up and smiles, "a lot of fun, right?"

Ash grins and chuckles. "I know, right?"

"Of course!" I do the Killua walk.

"So, what's with all the Wurmple?" Dad asks.

"Goh caught those three in the Hoenn region, see?" Ash answers.

Chloe sweatdrops. "Yeah, but why did you catch three?"

"That's easy!" Goh grins. "Because there's no telling whether they're going to evolve into Silcoon or Cascoon. Get it?"

"Scorbun!" Scorbunny flips around to do the two's fist bump.

"Look! They're evolving!" Ash shouts.

Scorbunny and Goh gasp. "Evolving already?!"

The Wurmple visibly sweat with nervousness.

"Nah. Just kidding!" Ash grins. I start laughing as Goh deadpans at us.

Scorbunny kicks Ash's butt, making him scream. "Nybun!"

"You earned that by yourself, Ash." Chloe says blankly.

"Pikachu."

Dad and Goh start laughing as well.

After a variety of battles, Ash, Aria, and Goh are learning more and more about the world of Pokémon!

And tomorrow, there will be even more adventures awaiting them! Let's go, as the journey continues!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 41 12
| Pokémon Expanded Journeys: Season 1 | Lives are about to be changed as a grand new adventure is brought upon the lives of many! Months after becomi...
13.7K 340 31
*Going Through Major editing* "You can be a Pikachu..." "You can be energy.." "But I'll love you either way.." *First ever story* In a trainerless w...
499K 21.8K 100
After failing in the Unova League, Ash returns home to get advice before resuming his journey to become a Pokemon master. Now, what happens when some...
495 4 27
This fan made story will be focused on the best duos of each franchise, Ash & Pikachu in the Pokemon Side, and Callie & Marie on the Splatoon Side. I...