Brothers in Arms

Από ahaddiyanplays

1966, Tom Sweet Jr joins the US army to fight in the Vietnam War for 7 years. We will see his development as... Περισσότερα

Introduction of BIA
Main Characters
Chapter I - Thomas Sweet Jr
Chapter II - Ben Forehead

Chapter III - Joseph Bunny

2 1 0
Από ahaddiyanplays

1968, Bunny Farm, LA, California, USA. 

It was a beautiful and sunny day. The grass and flower are sweating and the breeze air is singing to Kenny and Joe's ears. They were both chopping logs with a heavy axe. Kenny was out of breath and Joe carried on working. 

Kenny: Easy son, you making me look bad. 

Joe stopped and giggled. Joe is 18 years old. 

Joe: Try to keep up dad. 

Kenny giggled and Joe carried on cutting logs. 

Kenny: Son, our mission is to feed the cows, sell fresh, big eggs and clean up the barn. 

Joe: Done. I will clean the barn, feed the cows and sell eggs. 

Kenny laughed. 

Kenny: You sure you can do this?

Joe: Of course, relax for today. More of this, you will get a back problem. You remember last time without me helping you? You nearly broke your back from falling 2nd floor at the barn for cleaning the barn. You relax, dad. 

Kenny: Alright, farm boy. 

Joe smiled and ran to feed the cows some hay. He put tons of egg trays in a small van and he hit the van while eating his pure orange and fresh carrot.

Joe: Lets go. Done. 

The van drove off and Joe smiled with cash in his hands. Joe then went to the dirty barn and started to clean and getting rubbish away. He is now beginning to be tired and then saw a weapon hiding in the corner.  He was curious and grabbed it. He went outside and reloaded the shotgun. 

Joe: (whispered to himself) Whoa. Okay. Aim and shoot. 

Joe was pointing at the tree and shoot the tree. Joe was impressed and was happy. 

Joe: Yo! WHOA! 

Kenny heard and was scared. 

Kenny: Joe! 

Kenny ran outside and saw Joe holding a gun and the tree got a shot mark. Kenny was disappointed and Joe made a nervous smile and then faded away. Later on, Kenny was shouting at Joe. 

Kenny: Do you have any idea, what have you done?

Joe: I waked up the cows or something?

Kenny: Stop being smart to me, son. You know what you did. 

Joe: Dad, I was made for the army. You know that. Tom and Ben are taking part in the Vietnam War. I want to join. The country needs me. They need more soldiers like me. Come on dad. 

Kenny: NO! no. 

Joe: That is not fair, dad. You were allowed to join the army. 

Kenny: That is because of my strict dad keeping shooting at me if I don't join. You are lucky to have me as a father who knows and wants the best for you. The army will change you. Look at me, you want to be like me, who's a big blob. A scary cat!

Joe: Dad. Yes, I am lucky to have you but you not a fat blob. You are not. Let me join, please. 

Kenny (sad) No, son. I only have you. 

Joe: I will survive. 

Kenny: You won't. It doesn't matter if you brave or scared, you can't survived the pressure, blood, death or nightmares. It will haunt you forever and ever. Trust me, I get nightmares. You know that, right? Even you survived, you still dead. Tom and Ben maybe not experiencing any hardship in this war but when it's over or when they choose to be done, they will be haunted and remembered by for their actions. 

Joe: I think Tom won't get nightmares. He's strong and brave. 

Kenny: Even the strongest people still can get hurt. 

Joe: I will take my chances. 

Kenny walked off and later a car arrived. Three men arrived. It was Rebecca's dad, brother and nephew. Kenny walked toward them. 

Kenny: Why are you here?

Rebecca's dad: I came over here to meet my grandson. He is also my grandson, not only Oscar's. 

Kenny sighed. 

Rebecca's brother: Kenny. 

Kenny gave a handshakes to him. Joe saw his granddad and ran to him and hugged him. 

Rebecca's sad: Oh Joey. How are you? 

Joe: Grandad, I am fine, sir. Come on, lets me pour you some coffee. 

Rebecca's dad: Thank you son. 

Joe smiled. Kenny was sad. Inside the house, they were chilling and talking to Joe. Kenny was staring at them and was standing and leaning on the wall. 

Buck: So, I heard you joining the army?

Kenny: No, he is not!

Rebecca's dad: Come on now, Kenny. You know he is army material or military material. Look at my own son. 

Rebecca's brother: Yep, all fine and great. 

Kenny: Yeah, you served in the Coast Guard. The most safety military branch ever lived. 

Rebecca's brother: Yep, still served. They still teach us how to fight and to rescue. If not, Joey, you can join Coast Guard to be more safe. 

Joe: Thank Uncle but I like a challenge 

Rebecca's dad: Whoa, you see that Kenny, he's perfect. 

Joe: So Cuz, how's the navy and Vietnam? 

Buck: Shit, shit and alright. I get seasick and homesick. Got promoted to Chief Petty Officer. And again it's alright. 

Joe: Badass and congrats. So Unc, how was the second war?

Rebecca's brother: I saved alot of people, I saved many soldiers and civilians. I got shot, see Ken, it's also dangerous. But anyways, I got shot and fell in the lake and was in there for 3 minutes, I had a nightmares while being under the lake about my friends getting blown up and my head came off. It was crazy. 

Kenny giggled. 

Kenny: Horseshit. 

Rebecca's brother: I am not kidding, Kenny. It was crazy. 

Joe: I believe you, Uncle. 

He smiled. 

Kenny walked off as everyone was sad. Joe was sad and sighed. Later on, it was getting dark Kenny was standing outside while he was smoking and looking at the cow sleeping. Joe went towards Kenny. 

Joe: Dad, you look tired. Get some rest. 

Kenny: Do you really want to be in the army? 

Joe: I do want to experience it and make you proud. 

Kenny: If you want to make me proud, don't go. 

Joe: (sighed, sad) Oh, I have failed then. 

Kenny: Why? Why you want to go even you know it's dangerous? 

Joe: I just have this gut feeling dad, that I was meant be in the army. 

Kenny was sad. 

Kenny: I can't stop you, can I?

Joe: If I hate it or it becomes too dangerous or I get blown up or get injured, I will leave straight away. I promise. 

Kenny smiled and then become sad. 

Kenny: Then, I will make sure you will get the best sergeant to be with you.  

Joe: Who?

At otherside, Tom was holding hands with Bill Ballon's son and another kid. 

Tom: You okay, EJ?

EJ nodded. 

EJ: I just miss daddy. 

Tom smiled. 

Tom: Me too. What about you BJ?

BJ: Yeah. 

Tom: Today was fun, right boys? 

EJ: I liked the food part. 

Tom: (giggled) Not the fun part, the game part?

EJ: (Giggled) Yeah, I do. 

Tom: Yeah, the games was fun, Elon. So Bill, what games did you enjoy at the fair?

BJ: I am not sure, Tommy. 

Tom nodded and then they arrived at a house. BJ's mum opened the door and the kids said goodbye and entered inside the house. 

BJ's mum: Thank you, Tom. 

Tom: Of course. 

BJ's mum: You want to eat dinner with us?

Tom: Thank you but no. Maybe next time, I need to head home. My grandma is ill and I haven't see her probably.

BJ's mum: No, that is fine. I understand. Also good night Tom. 

Tom nodded and walked off. At home, Tom arrived as it was already late. Everyone was asleep and Thomas was waiting for him. 

Tom: Dad. 

Thomas: Son, you are late. 

Tom: I told you that I was taking out the kids. 

Thomas: What kids, Tom?

Tom: My sergeants' kids. 

Thomas: You can't blame yourself son, you don't have to live like this, son. It won't your fault. 

Tom: You won't there, dad. How would you know? This war is the most pointless war and I don't know how we are surviving. My sergeant, the one who got burned is coming back in couple days and I have ranked Sergeant. My training is still not finished and I am still weak. 

Thomas: Son, you are not weak, you are brave. Now, you are sergeant, how are you going to teach them?

Tom: Mix things up. I don't know dad. 

Thomas: Son before I go, don't blame yourself for those who dies in front of you. They are heroes and you are now making sure they don't die for nothing. Continue their legacy and win the war. I know you can but also make sure Ben don't go crazy. The idiot brought an expensive motorbike and nearly crashed, that mental kid. 

Tom giggled. 

Tom: Don't worry Father, I will deal with Ben. 

Thomas: Good luck son. 

Tom smiled and nodded as his father walked off. In the morning, Tom and his brothers were in the cafe sitting down alongside with Joe. 

Joe: So how's Vietnam treating you?

Ben: You want the truth or you want me to lie to you?

Joe: The truth. 

Ben: It's fun. Very fun. 

Marty: Badass. 

Marty is now taller all his brothers. He's 6'5 at the age of 17. The rest are still young as henry is a newly teenager.

Ben: Yes it is. My Captain is crazy and amazing. Without me, I won't have confident in life. The army is the best place to build up confident and it teach you the way of life. It makes you stronger, smarter and makes you cooler. Yeah baby!

Robert: Sounds cool. 

Mikey was reading a history book about treasures. 

Henry: What are you reading, Mikey?

Mikey: Um... a treasure hunt book. It's non fictional. Jamie and I are doing some digging randomly. 

Henry: I love non fictional books. Right now, I am writing a diary. 

Tom: Diary?

Henry: Yes. I am dropping down on what we are doing and saying. To storage down memories on paper or a book.  

Robert: Boring. So did I told you I have a girlfriend? And I want to travel to Spain?

Joe: When the hell you got one? I don't even have one. 

Robert: Well, that is because you live in a farm. The only female creature you feed and talk too are cows, Joey.

Joe giggled as he found it funny. Robert giggled. 

Tom: Yeah, we know about you want to visit Spain. 

Marty: Why Spain?

Robert: No Idea, my guts tells me. Me and James want to visit it. I think James ancestor are spanish, not sure thou. 

Tom: How's uncle Kenny?

Joe: (sighed) good. He is getting old and stuff. How's Uncle Tom?

Ben: Mad at me for buying a motorcycle. 

Tom: I can't blame him. 

Ben: What the hell does that suppose to mean, Tom?

Tom: You know I mean. 

Ben: No I don't Tom. Go on tell me. 

Tom: You know. 

Ben: Know what? Tell me!

They both were arguing. 

Joe: Guys, shut the hell up! We just got here, let's calm the hell down and relax, okay?

Tom sighed, so did Ben. Then, Joe saw a woman, same age as him. Joe was staring at her as Robert followed his eyes. 

Robert: Who's she? Joe. Joe? Earth to Joe. EARTH TO JOEY! 

Joe: Oh crap. Sorry. You were saying?

Tom: Why are you screaming, Robby?

Robert: Nothing, Tom. 

The waitress went towards the boys, the same waitress that Joe was staring at. Joe saw her and was shy and then was staring at her. 

Lisa: Okay, lads, what do you want for breakfast today?

Joe: (smiled) You are very good looking. Um... okay...Sorry. 

Joe quickly got up and ran off. Lisa smiled. 

Tom: Joe?

Robert: I will check on him. 

Tom: Okay. Okay, sorry. My cousin is not usually like this. He will have same as me...

At the bathroom. Joe was washing his hands over and over again. 

Robert: Joe? You good?

Joe: Man, she's something else. I am nervous, Robby. I want to ask her out but I am shy. How to do it? 

Robert: I lied about me having girlfriend, Joey. Well, she broke up with me couple month ago. Well f her. Go for your feeling and be there for her. But first ask if she is single or not?

Joe: What if she has a boyfriend?

Robert: Then beat the guys' ass. Don't do that but you will find somebody. All of us, Joe. All of us. Soon, we will be dads, uncles and granddads. Don't stick with a woman you don't to be because you will waste your time. I say be yourself and don't change who you are. You Joe Bunny, the farm boy. 

Joe: (chuckled) Ha, Thanks, cuz. 

Robert smiled. 

Joe: It's nice to get advice from someone younger. Thanks, Robby. 

Robert nodded. 

After a while, Joe exit the bathroom with Robert and then a big man wearing a jock jacket. 

Man: I see you looking at my girlfriend. 

Joe: What? 

Man: Next time you stare at her be careful you mess with. 

Robert: Oh be quiet, fat boy. 

Man: What did you say to me?

Robert; Um..

Lisa's BF got his friends up and he hold Robert's shirt. 

Robert: Don't touch me, please. 

Joe: Leave him alone. 

The brothers saw. Tom and Ben got up and walked towards them. 

Tom: Everything going well here?

Man: Why do you care? 

Tom: Because it seems you pulling my brother's shirt. Back off or we will fight you. 

Man: Like you could. 

Ben laughed so loud, so menacing and didn't think twice and headbutted Lisa's BF so hard. Ben laughed after ways and was fighting the rest by himself. Tom joined in to help Ben. Joe got Robert to sit down. 

Robert: Let me join. 

Joe: No. 

Marty: Well I am. 

Marty got up and giggled. He did a heavy front kick on one of the Jock guys. 

Marty: YEAHHHHHHH! LETS GO! 

Joe turned around, wanting to fight but too scared and thinks he would get beaten easily. 

Marty: Joey, join in. This is fun. 

Tom: Don't. 

Joe didn't listen to Tom and joined in by punching one of the guys in the face. Joe was shocked. Ben smiled and Marty giggled. 

Ben: Good punch, cuz. 

Joe kept going and did some kicks. He was doing good but not good as Ben or Tom, not yet. Soon he would be equally good as them. Marty was just pushing them and having fun. Lisa saw Joe fighting. Joe was now getting hurt, Tom ran to help Joe. 

Tom: Sit down, Joe. 

Joe: No! I got this, Tom!

Tom didn't like it, Joe was become angry and did very heavy punches on the rest of the guys.

Robert: Let me join. 

Robert got up but then push down in his seat by Tom. 

Tom: No. sit down!

Robert: Oh come on!

It was done, the fight. 

Ben: Whoa you are natural, Joey. 

Joe realised on what he has done and looked at Lisa who was scared. Joe walked off as the brothers went after him. 

Tom: Joe. Joe. Hold up. 

At outside, Joe was breathing heavily. 

Joe: (whispered to himself) Man, I made her to think I am a monster. (normal) Some much blood and anger.

Tom sighed. 

Tom: That's what the army do to us. Good thing you are not going. I am making sure that only Marty goes and the rest don't go. 

Robert: Why is that, Tom? Maybe I want to go and meet honeys. 

Tom: Listen to me Robby, if you go and join the army to meet women, you are mistaken. You go to the army for fighting your country! You understand me, Robert?

Robert: Yes, yes and yes. Easy. Take a chill pill.

Ben giggled and laughed. 

Ben: "Fight for your country" Yeah it's BS. 

Ben got on his motorcycle and turn it on. 

Robert: Yo, bro can I hope in?

Ben: No. I need to meet my friends. 

Tom: Who?

Ben: That is not your concern! 

Tom: Okay. Don't be late. 

Ben: Yeah, yeah, yeah. And oh... Congrats on being sergeant, Tom. But remember in here we are brothers, out there, you are a sergeant. 

Tom: Yeah and Thanks. Don't be late home. 

Ben ride off with his red 1967 motorcycle. 

Marty: I can't wait to get one. 

Robert: I know right. 

Henry: Are you okay, Joe?

Joe: Yeah I am fine. 

Tom turn on his car, light blue 1966 ford bronco. They all got in. But then Joe stopped him. 

Joe: Tom.

Tom: Yeah cuz? 

Joe: I need to talk to you about something. 

Tom: Yeah. 

Joe got Tom away from the boys. 

Tom: What's wrong, Joey?

Joe: I signed up in the army. 

Tom: What? Did Uncle Kenny allowed it?

Joe: lets say we both argue until I can join. But he making sure your father get you to be my sergeant when I join tomorrow. The funny thing is that he choose you to be my sergeant. 

Tom: Who?

Joe: my dad. Why would he wants you to be my sergeant? 

Tom: Trust?

Joe: I don't know. Are the sergeants like you?

Tom: Nice and understanding? Nope. They are mean. tough and scary. Yeah, I maybe the right choice or the only choice. 

Joe: Good thing I have you. 

Tom smiled. 

Tom: You sure you want to do this?

Joe: Yes. 

Tom; (sighed) Then I will make sure you don't go home scared or crying. 

Joe: I am brave, cuz. 

Tom: So am I, doesn't mean I am strong mentally or emotionally. Tomorrow, get ready and be yourself. 

Joe: Yes Sergeant. 

Tom giggled. 

Tom: Come on. 

They both got in the car.

Robert: What happened? 

Joe: I will tell you later. 

Mikey: About your new girlfriend?

Joe: What? Mikey, carry on reading your book. Gosh, geez. 

Tom giggled. 

Marty: YEAH!

Tom: Ow, what was that for Marty?

Marty: Sorry. Still happy about the fight. 

Tom drove off as half of them sat in the back. Next day, Joe was ready and was waiting as Kenny was there hugging Joe and was sad. 

Joe: Dad, I promise I will be back and help you with farming. 

Kenny: The farming is not the problem, son. It's you going away, away from me. 

Joe: I will write, visit you often and I will never forget you. 

Kenny: (sighed) Kid, I want you to make sure you listen to Tom and always be with him. 

Joe: I don't understand why?

Kenny: Your Uncle Thomas told me there's an asshole who will take you in and make you like him. Tom was trained under one of the best soldier that I know.  Listen to Tom as always and do not leave him out of your sight. He's your older brother and you listen and respect him, okay?

Joe nodded. 

Joe: What about Ben? Should I listen to him?

Kenny: Ben is not a sergeant, he's a corporal. You still respect him but he is trained under by a bad teacher. Be aware but also respect Ben. He is older. 

Joe nodded again. Ben arrived with his motorcycle and parked, got off and walked toward them. 

Ben: You ready? 

Joe: I want to meet grandma. 

Ben: You will. Don't worry, Joe. 

Joe: Okay. Lets go. 

After a while, they arrived at the airport. They saw Tom was waiting for them. 

Joe: Grandma is ill, Ben. I feel bad not staying there long enough. 

Ben: Same here but we have continues to fight against and fight for. Don't worry grandma will be fine. She got that Italian blood and she's strong. 

Joe: Any advice?

Ben: Don't be an asshole and I hate to say this, listen to Tom. 

Joe: Oh, first time coming from you. 

Ben: Well, don't get used to it. Doesn't mean I don't listen to him, it doesn't mean you don't. Beside, you won't handle the pressure from Captain Patterson. He will make you bleed. Tom is more of your type to be under. I love the pressure. 

Joe: I can handle it. 

Ben: No, you got enough on your plate. Tom will be your sergeant. 

Tom: Okay lads. Ready? 

They nodded. 

Tom: Joe, you got this. The country thanks you. 

Ben: Yeah, bullshit. 

Ben got in the plane first and they got in as well. The plane landed in southern Vietnam. All the soldiers got out of the plane. 

Joe: Love the green. It's like back at home. 

Ben: Don't get too comfortable. 

Ben walked off and saw William. 

Tom: Get ready Joe. Your base is right at the back. Be nice and greet everyone. I need to talk to the lieutenant about something. 

Joe nodded and walked off with his bag and entered in a base. He saw couple of the guys talking and playing cards and another man doing sit ups. Joe put his bag down. 

Joe: Hello. 

They all carried on doing their things. Two men who were playing cards. The man who was doing sit ups is Japanese. Joe went towards the Japanese soldier because he was the closest distance. 

Joe: hello, I am Joe Bunny. 

He stopped and got up. He gave handshake to him. 

Kenji: Kenji Kon 

Joe: Hey. Who are there? 

Kenji: No idea. I have no clue.

The other men stopped and went towards them. Denzel is black and Tanner is white. 

Denzel: I am Denzel Florida. 

Tanner: Tanner Small. 

Joe gave a handshakes to Tanner. Tanner made a tight squeeze handshakes to Joe as Joe was in pain. 

Tanner: Listen buddy, you don't belong here. 

Joe: Don't touch me, Small. 

Tanner let go and chuckled. 

Denzel: You don't want to mess with us. 

Kenji: Yeah piss off. 

Later on, Turner knocked on the door very hard. 

Turner: Come on Sergeant is waiting for you. 

All: Yes sir! 

They all were ready and went outside where Tom was waiting for them in his combat training uniform. 

Turner: Sergeant, they are here. 

Tom: Thanks. Okay I am sergeant Thomas Sweet Jr. This is Corporal Turner Leeds. 

Turner put his hand up as he smiles. 

Turner: You can call me Turtle if you like. Long story. 

Tom: And you can call me Tom. Together we are a family. So we protect each other, listen to each other and care for each other. 

Tanner and Denzel didn't like what Tom said and sighed. 

Tom: We are going to introduce ourselves so we have that chemistry going around. After that we are going to do 5 laps around, 20 push ups, 20 star jumps, 20 sit ups, 20 mountain climbers, 20 burpees and then we will starting on shooting and fighting techniques. 

Kenji: Light work. Wait did you say "We"? Are you joining as well. 

Tom: Yes. I am your leader, not your boss. I am here to lead you and not to boss you around. You got it? Yes, it's light work because we will start small and then work our way upwards. 

Tanner: Sergeant, I have a question?

Tom: Yes, go on. 

Tanner: Are we going to do the same thing as them? 

Tanner was looking at Caleb and his team. It's stacked with them doing intense kickboxing training. Tom followed his eyes and turned around. 

Tom: (sighed) Not quite. My way is different. Their way is not a good way. 

Denzel: You sure, sir?

Tom: Yes. The Captain is a boss to them. Other hand, I am your leader. See the difference? Beside, you will be lucky to have me as your sergeant. Trust me. What's your name?

Denzel: Denzel Florida. 

Tom: You? 

Tanner: Me. I am Tanner Small. 

Kenji: Kenji Kon. 

Joe: Joe Bunny. 

Tom smiled. 

Tom: Okay, lets go. Follow the leader. Me. 

Tom started to do laps in front of them. 

Tom: Keep up! 

Tanner and Denzel were looking at Caleb's team as they were bit jealous and ungrateful that they have a good leader and not them. 

Turner: Come on! 

Denzel: Sorry sir. 

Denzel and Tanner went on doing the laps. After a while, they were doing push ups and other exercises that Tom told them to do. Tom and Turner joined them. 

Tom: Come on lads, we can do this. 

Caleb saw and laughed, so did his team. Ben saw and didn't laugh as he was concerned. Ryder laughed even loud as Tom heard and sighed. 

Tom: Ignore them, they are jealous that the captain is a fat asshole and can't do this to save his life. 

Tom laughed, Turner made a nervous giggled as the rest were shocked on what Tom said. 

Kenji: Sir, you call Captain...?

Tom stopped and got up. 

Tom: A what? Asshole? He is! I don't give a shit. The only person you listen is me! You want toughness and pressure? Here you go! You listen to me! ME!

Turner: Tom. 

Tom stopped and sighed and walked off. 

Tom: Get them ready on getting guns. I will be back. 

Denzel: Sir, here cigar. On me. 

Tom: I don't smoke or drink, Denzel. Maybe you should do the same. 

Denzel sighed and Tom walked off. After that Tom was holding a gun as the rest. 

Tom: Okay, you need to aim at the target with using this rifle. If you can't shoot, you next option is to fight. If you can't fight, then start to push them away. If you can't push, avoid as much possible. But we won't come down to that. Now look at me. 

Tom aimed the target spot and shot it with ease. 

Tom: See. Now you all do the same. 

They got in their gun stance and fired. Only Joe was able to do it on the dot. Tom was impressed. Caleb saw and was impressed. 

Tom: Nice work, cuz. I mean Joe. 

Kenji: Wait, he's your cousin?

Tom: (sighed) Yes. You got a problem with that?

Kenji: Joe, you are lucky. 

Tanner: That is not fair, you gave him tips before he arrives. That is not fair, sir. 

Tom: Tanner, I promise you I didn't teach him anything, right Joe?

Joe: Yes, my dad taught me how to shoot. We both are farmers. 

Denzel: Farm boy. 

Joe: Yeah that is me. 

Tom: Come on lets carry on. 

After that, they were standing. 

Tom: Okay, get in pairs, we still do basic punching and kicking. 

Tom and his team saw Ryan and his team doing laps. Tom nodded and smiled. 

Tom: Ryan! 

Ryan: Tom! 

Ryan carried on jogging with his team. 

Tom: Okay, here are boxing gloves and boxing pads. Get in pairs. 

Tanner: Sir, why not use our bare hands and our legs to fight each other. It's better that way. 

Tom: No. We will do this as it better and safer. We don't want anyone get blood on their faces. I don't understand why you don't like my training. 

Tanner: Sorry sir, it won't happen again. 

Tom: It's okay. I don't blame you. You want to learn the hard stuff, I promise you will. Trust me. You will! Okay, lets do these move. 

Tom got his boxing gloves on and Turner got the pads on. 

Tom: Okay, left stance. In your left stance, you do jab, cross, hooks, uppercuts, elbows, back fist. Then you will do roundkick, rear roundkick, axe kicks and sidekicks and finish it off with knee kicks. After that, switch to right stance and then swap. 10 minutes each stances. You got it? Let me show you again. This time I am going to do faster and stronger. You ready, Turner?

Turner: Yes. 

Tom did the moves fast and strong. Turner's eyes open wide as everyone were shocked and smiled in happiness. 

Tom: You like that? 

They all nodded. 

Tom: Try it slow to get the techniques right and then do it fast and strong. Okay?

They all nodded. 

Tom: Keep your other hand next to your face, nice and tight. Okay, lets begin! 

They got in pairs. Denzel with Tanner and Kenji with Joe. They did the moves and keep it going. 

Tom: Good. Denzel keep your guard up. 

Denzel: Yes sergeant. 

Tom: Carry on. Joe faster. 

Joe did the moves faster as Kenji holding pads weirdly. 

Joe: Ken, hold the pads properly, man. Come on! 

Tom: Joe do it slow so Kenji can follow your moves. 

Joe: Yes sir. 

Tom: Also please call me Tom. 

Turner giggled. 

Turner: Yeah lads, I recommend you call him Tom. 

Tom and Turner giggled.  

Tom: Carry on training while I am talking. This will be a difficult week as we are doing things differently than the rest of the groups. We will do field training, navigation lessons, using advanced weaponry such as machine guns and grenades, first aid training along with other survival lessons, obstacle lesson, combat development and learning and understanding our golden values. We will do alot in this week and next week. You guys want pressure, you will get pressure in a good way, of course. Now switch over. 

they all nodded and swich the pads and the gloves. Later on, everyone was getting ready to have lunch. Tom went over to meet Jacob and Joe was stopped by Caleb. 

Tom: How's it going?

Jacob: With me being a sergeant and traning my own team? Shit as hell. 

Tom: Really?

Jacob: Yeah. Well it's already. What about you?

Tom: So good. I love it but same time it's stressful. 

Jacob: Yep. How's your cousin doing under you?

Tom: He's getting there. 

Tom turned around and saw Caleb going towards Joe. 

Jacob: Looks like he is impressed with him. Its shows you doing a good job so far. Lets hope he doesn't join him. 

Tom was scared. 

Tom: I hope not. He won't. 

Jacob: Your brother did. 

Tom: I know Joe. 

Jacob: Okay. 

Jacob walked off as Tom was worried. 

Caleb: Kid. 

Joe: Yes, Captain. 

Caleb: I saw how you shoot and how you hold your rifle. You are a natural. Do I know you? Your father served in the army or something?

Joe: Thanks. Yeah, my dad was a lieutenant in the British army in the world war two... - 

Caleb: British army, huh? 

Joe: Yes, sir. I am Joe Bunny, son of Kenny Bunny. 

Caleb: Kenny Bunny? Farm boy?

Caleb laughed. 

Caleb: You are Kenny boy? 

Joe nodded. 

Caleb: No wonder you shoot well. Wait does that means your are Tom's cousin?

Joe: Yes sir. 

Caleb: Well leave Sergeant Sweet's training and join your better cousin to be trained under me. You seen how we train?

Joe: I love it actually the way you train them and motivate them but I have to reject your offer. I think Sergeant Sweet is soon becoming to be a very potential leader. I like to see it continue . The way he handle is fun, safe and makes us smarter and tougher. I would like him to be my sergeant and leader, if you don't mind.  

Caleb: Very well, you made your choice. To let you know, last time somebody rejected my offer, lets say he got what's coming at him. You know who rejected my offer after a long time?

Joe: No idea sir. 

Caleb: your sergeant. Be aware private, you join the army to have fun let me tell you something, if you anything like your father, you should join me. If not, you will die with ease because your sergeant is weak, clueless and cautious man. Don't be like him and quickly join me so you can fulfil your potential. I believe you will be stronger than both of your cousins, if you join me with this beneficial and compulsion training. 

Joe: Sorry Captain maybe in the future, right now, Sergeant Sweet is a perfect fit for me. 

Caleb giggled and then looked at Tom with anger. Tom smiled with happiness and saw Caleb walked off. Joe saw and went towards Tom. 

Joe: You heard? 

Tom: You are brave. 

Joe: yeah it was scary. 

Tom: Did you want to join him?

Joe: Come on cuz. Why would I? I got you. Also my father told me to only trust you to be my leader, nobody else. 

Tom smiled. 

Tom: I don't know why he would say that. 

Joe: It's because you Thomas Sweet Jr. What more shall I say, cuz?

Joe walked off and Tom smiled. 

Joe: Come on cuz, lets eat. I am staving. 

At the lunch area, Tom and Joe arrived. Tom saw his friends. 

Tom: Lads, meet my cousin, Joe and rest of my crew. 

Kenji: Hey. 

Denzel: Yo. 

Tanner: Yo. 

Tom: They all did well. Soon they will do better. 

Jacob, Ryan and Peter gave handshakes to Joe and the rest. 

Tom: Tyson, Charles, come over here. 

Charles: Why? 

Tom: This is my cousin. 

Tyson: Yo. Lets bully him. 

Charles giggled. 

They both got up and saw Joe. 

Tyson: Who is this boy?

Joe: Joe Bunny. 

Charles: Not Sweet? 

Joe: My dad named me after his best friend, Joseph York and his favourite animal, Rabbits or Bunnies. 

Tyson laughed.  

Tyson: Sorry, Thomas. It is a stupid surname. 

Joe: What's your surname?

Tom: Fury. 

Tom and Joe giggled. 

Tyson: That's not cool man. Take it back. 

Joe: Here you go, Furry.  

Charles: Yo, Tom. He got jokes, he's better than Ben. 

Joe: You don't like Ben? 

Tyson: It is not about liking it's about teaming up with him, both him and William. 

Joe: Yeah, William is scary. He never liked me. I don't know why. 

Tom: Forget them, lets eat. 

After a while, it was getting dark, Kenji, Joe, Denzel and Tanner was getting ready to go bed. Tanner and Denzel pushed Joe by purpose to go their bunk bed. 

Joe: What was that for? 

Tanner: Lets say your sergeant's favourite. 

Joe: What does that mean? 

Denzel: You know we mean, farm boy. 

Kenji: Guys come on, remember what sergeant said. "we are a big happy family".

Tanner: No we are not, shut the hell up, Chinese. 

Kenji: I am not Chinese. I am Japanese. There's a difference asshole. 

Tanner: You all Asian lookalike with same eyes and the height. 

Tanner and Denzel laughed. 

Joe: It's not funny, okay. 

Denzel: What are going to do, cry to your cousin? Snitch on us. He is a clueless and dumb sergeant. Me and Tan will go to the better leader, the captain. When we do go there, we will be unstoppable and we are going to be the true meaning of an army soldiers. You going to grass on us, farm boy, huh?! 

Joe: Don't worry, big boy, I don't need too. 

Denzel; Did you call me boy?

Joe: Boy. 

Denzel went call to Joe's face. 

Denzel: You say it again. I will kill you. 

Joe: Bring it on, big... boy!

Before Joe and Denzel were getting into a fist fight, Tom arrived. 

Tom: Yo, lads. What wrong being a big happy family? 

They all stand tall. 

Denzel: Sorry sir, it won't happen again. 

Joe: Sorry, sergeant. 

Tom: Good. Go to bed and don't snore loud. I am kidding. Still. Lads, I know you lot might not like each other as team but when we do go out in the battlefield, you have no choices to look after each other. Try your best. Please for me. 

All: Yes, sir.  

Tom: Alright lets go sleep. We got a big tomorrow. 

They all nodded. 

Next day, It was 4am, Joe was awake writing a letter and then heard footsteps outside. He got up and saw Tom working out while wearing a white vest. 

Joe: Tom. 

Tom: Oh hey. You ready? 

Joe: Ready? We got one hour left. Unless we do it early. 

Tom: Nah it's okay, 5am it is. 

Tom stopped and stand straight. 

Tom: You up early?

Joe: I was writing a letter to my dad. 

Tom: Don't worry, Uncle Kenny will be fine. 

Joe: Yeah, I hope. He needs me to be honest. 

Tom: I know but don't worry I am sure my dad and Uncle Lee will help him. (sighed) Grandma was ill and was crying when I walked away to go to the plane. She said "Tom, go win this war and make your grandma proud"

Joe: (sad, sighed and smiled) Instead she said to me "Joe, you are brave to go in the army but are you strong enough?" 

Tom: Well are you strong?

Joe: I don't know. But what she said to Ben was weird. She said to Ben "A man who is filled with anger end up being the loneliest person" 

Tom: That is weird. Tag, you it. 

Joe: What? 

Tom ran away from Joe and Joe was chasing him. 

Tom: You can't catch me. You are slow, Joey!

Ben ran outside to check on them. 

Ben: What the hell is wrong with you lot? 

Tom: Don't cry, Ben. 

Tom went towards Ben. 

Tom: Tag, you it. 

Ben: Oh hell nah. 

Ben chased Tom and then started to chase Joe. Joe laughed. 

Ben: Come back here. 

After that, Tom got his soldiers to do more exercises and workout. 

Tom: Okay, enough lads. We will now do some survival lessons, teamwork combat training and then finish it off with field training with using machine guns and grenade. Now what is our values here in the army? 

Kenji: You didn't tell us, sergeant. 

Tom: Now I will. Our core values are Loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honour, integrity, and personal courage. I hope you take these values to be your entire life inside and outside of the army. Let me tell you a story my first sergeant. He was tough but strict, mean, selfish, scary and a heartless man. He wants us to be like him. I didn't allow myself to be like him. He taught us bad manners and wrong doings. He want us to hurt and do horrible things to innocent civilians. I didn't allow that. There was sergeant, Elon Martin. He was opposite to my sergeant. He was nice and smart. I wished I had him. But then I had Andy smith. He is an amazing man and he is returning tomorrow. So please respect him as you do the same to me. The point I am saying lads is always help each other and don't let the innocents get involved ever!

They nodded. 

Tom: Okay, lets do some lessons. 

After a while, Tom taught them how to make campfire, how to find food by telling them, how to build shelter and basic first aid skill such as CPR. Later on they all were standing. 

Tom: Okay, you did okay with the survival training but I think you will enjoy this much better. This training will be a teamwork combat training for you all protecting and helping each other. Turner will be on the floor to be pretend injured as you lot need save and protect the injured corporal. Pretend. So Try your best to defence my attacks and I will try my best to kill Turner. Turner on the floor. Make a injured sound. 

Turner got in the floor and made a funny and weird injured sounds. Everyone laughed. 

Tom: Okay. Lets begin. Also go hard on me because I will not go easy on you. 

They all nodded. 

Kenji: We are going to die.

Tom: Don't worry lads, it will be fun. Remember protect Turner and help each other. If you lot don't help each other, your injured friend here will never forgive you and you will never forget the moment. Remember no men left behind! Say it! Loud and clear! 

All: No men left behind! 

Turner: Lads, make sure I don't die. 

Joe: We got you, sir. 

Turner: Good. 

Tom got in his fighting stance, they were all ready and Turner was on the floor, relaxing and napping. Tom started an axe kick and everyone went backward to dodge the attack. Tanner strike first but Tom defended it. 

Tom: Good. Keep it up! 

The rest strike together and Tom blocked it and attacked them. Tom found a easy way to get Turner. Turner screamed. 

Turner; Help!

Joe did a front kick on Tom to push him down. Tom was impressed. 

Tom: Nice work, Joey. 

Kenji went front of Turner. 

Turner: That is not going to work. I need all of you to protect me. NOW! 

They all went front of Turner and started to fight, punch and kick Tom. Tom blocked them. Then, Denzel did a uppercut to Tom's face, Tanner did a round kick to his legs. Tom was on the floor. 

Tanner: Sorry sir. 

Tom: No, it's perfect. 

Tom got angry and did amazing kicks and punches on Tanner and Denzel. They both were on the floor. Kenji strike at Tom and did good but the attack was dodged and blocked. 

Kenji: Shit!

Tom did a jump kick on Kenji. Kenji was on the floor. Only Joe was protecting Turner. 

Turner: Come on Joe, beat his ass. 

Tom made a serious face. Joe was scared but also made a serious face. Joe screamed and strike him first. Tom blocked it and punched Joe in the body and did a side kick to him. Joe didn't give up and carried on trying to get Tom to surrender. Joe laid a heavy body punch but nothing more. Tom did something that his previous sergeant did to him, couple years ago. Tom temporary paralysed Joe's arm. Joe was shocked. Tom smiled and stopped and tben got Turner up. 

Tom: See lads, he is now dead!

Tom then saw his trainees all injured up and was upset of himself. 

Tom: Sorry lads. 

Tom got everyone up. Joe was shocked. 

Tom: Joe. Sorry buddy. 

Joe: What was that? Can you teach me? 

Tom: Of course. I will teach you all the moves. 

Tanner: Serg, that is what I am talking about!

Tom smiled. 

Tom: You all did well but not together as team. Next time, you all need to protect each other. Okay?

All: Yes, sergeant. 

Caleb and his men saw. Caleb was jealous. Ben saw and was impressed. 

Ben: That was not bad, huh William?

William: It was Tedious. 

Caleb saw them talking. 

Caleb: You two talking to each other? Sergeant, whip them. 

Ryder made an evil giggle and whip them both with his belt on their chest. They both in pain. Only William was holding in. 

Caleb: Agony is not our language, is it boys? Is it?!

William and Ben: No. 

Caleb: LOUDER! 

Ryder hit them again with his belt. They hold the pain. 

Caleb: This what happens you talk without permission. 

Tom saw and was angry and sighed in tears. Joe was scared. 

Joe: Shall we report him? Look on what he doing to them? Look at Ben. 

Tom: I know Joe. This is what Ben wants, he gets. let him be. 

Joe: I don't like this at all. 

Tom: There is nothing we can do. The only thing is to do is stay away from Captain Patterson and Sergeant Ryder. 

Joe: I am glad I am with you. Dad is right... 

Tom: And always will be. 

Then A joyful man with burned face went towards to Tom. 

Andy: Tom. 

Tom: Sir? Oh my, you look amazing. I am so glad you are back. 

Andy: Thanks Tommy. Look at you, kiddo. You are now a sergeant. 

Tom: Thanks to you. 

Andy: No, no, no. You should be proud yourself. People of your age are still trainees and still shitting their pants. I know I was. 

Andy and Tom giggled. 

Tom: You should rest. 

Andy: I did, Tom. But the army is my life. I just I got visible burn marks doesn't mean I will leave the army. Even, with my head off I will still continue. 

Tom: Don't joke about that. I need you. So you getting a new team? 

Andy: Not right now, I more like observing and improving training and skills to lead you lot in the field. You, Ryan. Jacob and Peter are sergeants, I am the now Command Sergeant Major. 

Tom: Congrats. 

Andy: Yes thank you.  

Tom: I am excited for our partnership. 

Andy: Same. Lets meet your men. 

Tom: Yes. 

Tom went towards to the guys. 

Tom: Lads, this is Command Sergeant Major Andrew Smith. This is Joe, Tanner, Kenji and big boy Denzel. Greet him respectfully. 

Denzel: Really, Serg?

Tom giggled, so did the rest. Andy greet them all. 

Turner: Good to meet you again, sir. 

Andy: My boy, Turner. I have missed you. 

Turner: Yes sir. 

Turner and Andy smiled and gave each other a big hug. 

Andy: They all look beaten up, Tom. 

Tom: Training sir. Training. I am mixing it up. 

Andy: How's Sergeant Sweet's training working for you all? Be honest. 

Denzel: Before, his training are weak and not good enough. But now, It's the best. 

Tom smiled. 

Tanner: I agree. I think the same thing. We are lucky to have him. 

Kenji: Yep, I am now becoming stronger and smarter. I love it. 

Andy: What about you Joe? 

Joe: (smiled) Without Tom, the army will be a cruel and uncomfortable place to fight for. He makes us welcome and makes us understand what's the army all about. It's about fighting for the right thing and helping the one in needs. 

Tom smiled,  

Andy: Wow sergeant. It seems you made a great impact to them. 

Tom: I am trying my best. 

Andy: You said your cousin coming in the army right? 

Tom: Joe is my cousin. 

Andy chuckled. 

Andy: Not bad. 

Tom: Sir, I got a new idea for my men and the lads' men. 

Andy: What is it? 

Tom: Field training. 

Andy: Oh really? Tell me. 

Tom: it would be nice if we all do it together. To get us working together and have a good chemistry together. It would teach us to protect, help and care each other. Field training will teach them how to be smart and strong and to protect one another. So we have a better chance we survive. 

Andy: Unfortunately, I need the Captain's permission. 

Tom: Come on. Anything other than that. What about Lieutenant Smith?

Andy: I will tell him but it still needs Captain's permission. 

Tom sighed. 

Tom: Fine. Thanks you sir. 

Andy nodded. Later on, Ben and his army mates all were taking a short break. Caleb was stopped by a Lieutenant . 

Lieutenant: Captain 

Caleb: WHAT?

The Lieutenant gave a letter to him. 

Caleb: Oh God. Don't mention it to Ben. 

Lieutenant: What? 

Caleb: You hear me? I said don't mention it to Ben or Tom or Joe. Nobody. Keep it for yourself. And don't tell nobody. I don't want Ben to be weak, not this time! You hear? 

Lieutenant: Yes Captain. 

Caleb: Now get the hell out of here! 

The lieutenant nodded as Ben was talking to William. Caleb saw and rip the letter in half over and over again to make sure Ben never finds out the mystery behind the letter. Or Tom or Joe. He doesn't want Ben to be weak so he carry on the day like nothing bad happened. 

Later on, Edward was talking to Andy about Tom's idea on a new brand new training. Edward walked off to talk to Caleb. 

Edward: Captain. 

Caleb: What is it now?!

Edward: We need your permission. 

Caleb: On what? 

Caleb's crew stopped doing push ups. Caleb saw and was angry. 

Caleb: Did I say you can stop and take a sleep. Carry on, shitbags!

Ben, William and his army mates carried on doing push ups. Ryder was there to make sure they were doing it and was shouting at them. 

Edward: Tom have a great idea to get his men to do field training along with the Sergeant Ramsey's, Serg Anderson's and Serg Buttercup's men. He wants to teach them something that he knows. Can this be allow, Caleb? 

Caleb want to say no but then paused, looked at Tom's team and smiled. He had another idea in his mind. 

Caleb: Yes... but my company unit will join them. 

Edward: I was thinking... - 

Caleb: Shush. I got a better idea. I will lead the field training. Now piss off, Eddie. 

Edward sighed and walked off with anger. 

Caleb: Okay lads, we will now do field training. Follow me as we are joining Sergeant Sweet's squad.

Caleb's army team were confused. 

Ben: Joining with Tom?

William: This will be stimulating. 

Ben sighed. Ben and his team followed Caleb to meet Tom and his team. 

Edward: Sorry Tom. 

Caleb: Oh yes. I am sorry. 

Ryder giggled. 

Tom: Well lets hope the field training do well. 

Caleb: That's the problem, Sergeant. The field training we are going to do is going to the battle field in the Jungle. 

Tom: What? no, no, no. My squad are not ready. I was going to teach them the basics and - 

Caleb laughed. 

Caleb: basic. Listen, Sweet. If you want field training, the best way is to go out there and start shooting the enemy. These practice training are useless. very useless. I suggest your men be ready or else, they will get killed. Call the rest of the sergeants to get ready in 30 minutes. We will go in the jungle and again follow my lead. 

Tom was upset and angry. He didn't like the captain's idea. Ben, Joe, Andy, Edward and Tom's squad noticed Tom's facial expression. They were upset as well. Caleb and his men walked off to get ready.

Edward: I am sorry, Tom - 

Tom: It's okay, sir. It's not your fault. Well, lads get ready. We going to the jungle to experience the real field training.  

Tom was sad to say it but has no choices now. He thinks it is his fault to think of the idea now have to live with it. After a while, everyone was ready. Caleb's team. Tom's team. Jacob's team, Ryan's team and Peter's team. Both Andy and Edward stayed behind. Caleb went toward Tyson and Charles. 

Caleb: You two will a sqaud each. 

Charles: But sir, I haven't teach them or train them. 

Caleb: I don't give a shit, Sergeant. Get to work then. Both of you. 

They walked off to get their squad ready.

Caleb: Ryder!

Ryder: yes Uncle?

Caleb: You will get 16 soldiers with you. William and Ben will be with me. Okay ladies, lets go!

Tom was talking to his men. 

Tom: Okay boys, follow me and don't go away from me. Listen to me and don't get killed or shot. You lot are brave unfortunately we are not ready to go in battle but make sure you protect each other and care of each other.

They all nodded. Tom smiled. 

Tom: Lets go lads. 

Tanner: I can't wait. 

Denzel: yeah. 

Turner: Careful lads. The war is a scary place. 

Kenji: I am bit excited and scared. 

Joe: Same.  

Tom: I am not.  

100 of American army soldiers including Tom's team are now arriving in the jungle. They all got off from the helicopter and followed the Caleb. 

Caleb: Slipt up in your teams. Now! My group follow me. Teams on the left, go left. Team on the right, go right! Sergeant Sweet, you stay here with your team. 

Tom: You sure? Okay. 

They all nodded. Ryan's, Jacob's and Peter's squad went to the left side. Ryder's, Tyson's and Charles' squad went to the right side. While, Tom's squad stayed behind. 

Tom: Okay lads, take cover and protect ourselves. 

Turner: Why did Captain made us stay here?

Tom: No idea. It doesn't matter. Once we hear gunshot near us, you shoot and always take cover. These Vietnamese soldiers are very smart with using traps and weapons. Be aware. 

Later on, it started to rain. Tom and his team was either laying down or sitting. 

Tom: Shit, rain. 

Joe: Why? What happened?

Tom: Rain makes it hard for us and I hate rain. 

Turner: Little rain won't kill us. 

Suddenly, the rain showered more and faster. 

Tom: You can say it again, turtle. 

Turner: Oh. Well sometimes rain means good luck.

Tanner: Good luck to dying. 

Denzel giggled. 

 Tom: Okay, don't be scared of the pouring rain and always keep your eyes and move your head around. 

On otherside, the rain become more violent and aggressive. 

Ben: Gosh, I hate the rain. 

William: The rain makes us grow into stronger person. 

Caleb: Shush! I hear something. There. 

Suddenly, tons of Vietnamese soldiers came and started firing at Caleb's team. 

Caleb: FIRE! 

Ben and William started firing so did the rest. Caleb took cover. Most of Caleb's soldiers are fools who fell on deadly trapped and weak to stay alive. Yeah most of them. Maybe being trained under Caleb doesn't mean you will be smart. They still managed to forget his training and get killed. I am laughing and shocked. 

Caleb: Take cover! 

Then, the rest of the sergeants' team are also forced to protect themselves from getting killed and they began to shot the Congs. 

Ryder: OPEN FIRE, LADDIES!

Back to Tom's squad. They heard gun firing. 

Kenji: Gun fire. 

Tom: Yes. Lads, get ready. 

Tom sighed. 

Joe: What about Ben? He might be -

Tom: Don't worry Joe. Look, you all joined the army because of what? For the money, for the training, for having fun? You join the army because you know how dangerous it is and how respectful and rewarding career to be in. We join the army to fight for our country and die for our country. If you don't want to die here, why are you here? Be a man, be brave and always protect each other and the one in needs. "Steadfast and Loyal" You got that? Come on lets move forward and don't afraid. 

They all got up and slowly moved forward. 

Tom: Slowly. 

Then, tons of Congs came out of nowhere and started firing at them. Tom fired his gun first and then did the rest. 

Tom: Take cover. 

They all took cover behind trees, brushes, and big objects. Only Tanner didn't. He kept shooting by himself. 

Tom: Tanner, take cover! Take Cover - 

Tanner was shooting by himself with coolness and alone until he got shot in the head. Everyone else were shocked. 

Tom: No. 

Denzel: NO! YOU PIECE OF SHIT! TANNER! 

Tom: (sad) Denzel, don't go. DON'T GO! DON'T GO! 

Denzel didn't listen and went to his friend's body and got shot in the neck. Tom and the rest were sad. Tom showering with tears but it won't powering over the never ending rain. 

Tom: (breaking up) Everyone stay down. 

Joe: Tom - 

Tom: STAY DOWN, NOW! NOW!

Joe: (sad) Yes sergeant. 

Tom was sighing loudly and heavily. 

Tom: (whispered to himself) What have I done? 

Kenji: I am shitting myself. 

Tom: Don't go. Turner held him down! Held him down! 

Turner: Yes sir. 

Turner got Kenji to stay down and not to move with scaredness. 

Tom: On my lead... (breaking, sighed) We will shoot them. Me and Joe will take left and you two the right. Don't miss and... don't be scared. For Tanner and Denzel. 

Tom was angry. 

Turner: Don't be scared, Kenji. 

Kenji nodded. 

Tom screamed and killed many congs with ease with anger and sadness. Joe did the same and help Tom. One of the congs was fighting Joe. Tom shot the cong in the head with anger and then shot more. Kenji and Turner were doing good in killing the congs but still have to take cover and to be careful at the same time. While, Tom and Joe were killing it with shooting the Congs down. On otherside, Caleb's unit were decreasing and he was so anger. Only, William and Ben were doing good. Caleb started shooting but didn't managed to get one kill because William took all his shot. Caleb didn't care unless he survives. Then, a Vietnamese Soldier ran to hurt Ben. Ben shotgunned him down. Caleb went towards Ben. 

Caleb: You are weak. 

Ben: Sir?

Caleb: Weak. 

Caleb smiled as he wants Ben to get more angry and frustrated. 

Caleb: You are weak. No wonder your grandma passed away. 

Ben: What?

Caleb: Yes. I got a letter that your grandma died in his sleep. (laughed) in sleep, corporal. I need you to be angry, strong and crazy!

Ben was crying but again his tears couldn't been seen because of the rain. 

Caleb: Are those tears or the rain on your cheek? 

Ben sighed with tears. 

Caleb: Crying for the weak. Transform it into anger. Do it your country, do it for your grandma, do it for me! For me! Be my favourite student! 

Ben was angry as his eyes are steaming fire. 

Caleb: Don't stay there! Be a hero or you will be trained under by your naivety and dumb brother. DO YOU WANT THAT? DO YOU WANT THAT?!

Ben was angry and ran to the congs in top of the hill to shoot them all with anger and tears. He screamed so loud that Tom heard. 

Tom: Ben. BEN! 

Back on Ben. Ben who now out of ammos and was fighting 5 congs at the same times with using all his kickboxing training on them with infuriate. William joined in but Ben was doing better than him. William saw and was jealous. Caleb saw and smiled. He doesn't know who to choose to be his favourite student. William or Ben. Ben was weeping while fighting them. Then he grabbed a gun and shot more congs with solemnity. He was rage with energy.

Jacob, Ryan, Peter, Tyson, Charles and Ryder and their teams are firing at the congs. But most of them are dead and injured. Only Jacob, Ryan, Peter, Tyson, Charles and Ryder are managed to stay alive. 

William was lifting the congs up in the air and choking them to death while shooting the rest of the congs. 

 Back on Tom and his team. They were finished and Tom ran to Ben's voice. Tom saw Ben and Ben saw Tom. Tom saw him crying even the rain overpowering it. Ben ran to Tom and cried and hugged him. 

Tom: What happened, Ben?

Ben: Grandma gone. 

Tom: What? 

Tom was sad. 

Ben hold his brother tight and so did Tom. 

Ben: She's gone. 

Tom was in tears and Joe heard. 

Ben hugged Joe as well. Joe was crying. 

Kenji and Turner heard. Caleb was staring at them with an evil smile and also with annoyance. Back at the base, Ben was sad and William was there to comfort him but doing it while standing with a straight face. Tom was sad. Joe wants to be alone and stayed alone. Jacob, Peter and Ryan went towards him. 

Jacob: Tom. You okay?

Tom: (Sighed) yeah. All of this is my fault. 

Ryan: Why is that? 

Tom: I let my men die. I LET THEM DIE!

Peter: Hey, hey Tom. Easy. 

Jacob: It's okay, Tom. It's okay. 

Tom was crying. 

Tom: How could the Captain keep the secret away from us?

Ryan: He is an asshole. He is, 

Andy arrived. 

Andy: Tom, I heard. I am sorry for your lost. I am sorry for your grandma. 

Tom: (Sad) Thanks sir. 

Andy: Don't worry, I spoke to the Colonel about the Captain's actions on the field training and keeping a secret about your grandma's passing away from you, Ben and Joe. He will be suspend for 6 months. 

Tom: Not enough! He should be gone! GONE! 

Ryder arrived and was angry at Tom. 

Ryder: All your fault, Thomas. You suspended Captain. 

Tom was angry. 

Tom: Go away. 

Ryder: I am glad your grandma died. 

He made an evil and crazy laugh. Tom and was angry and made a rocket punch on Ryder's nose. Making his blind temporary. Tom got top on him, choking him. 

Ryder: Kill him. 

Tom: Don't worry about that, I will kill you. 

Tom carried on choking Ryder. Tom made laughed with no patient. 

Jacob: Tom!

Jacob, Ryan and Peter were getting Tom up but failed. Tyson and Charles saw and managed to get Tom up. Tom screamed. 

Tom: I WILL KILL YOU, YOU HEAR ME. I WILL KILL YOU.

Ryder made a cheeky smile and got up. 

Ryder: I am right here, Tom. 

Tom was angry. 

Tom: Get off me!

Charles and Tyson let go. Tom walked off and kicked and punched anything in his way, not random people but objects, doors and the walls. This is real Tom, maybe we will now see the prime Tom. The one we know off, soon. 

Next day, Tom was in America, standing behind his grandma's grave along with Joe and Ben. Joe and Ben walked off with sadness. Tom was standing there. Thomas walked up to him. 

Thomas: Son, let your grandma rest in peace now. 

Tom: No. I am not done. You can go home without me. 

Thomas: Son, your grandma is proud of you. You did two years of army service, leave. 

Tom: And do what? Nothing?

Thomas: There's other jobs out there, safer and better. 

Tom: There is no other jobs out there for me. And I am not leaving the army. 

Thomas: Son, if you stay longer, you will get hurt. 

Tom: I am already hurt dad. I am already am. You can't break that is something is already broken. I failed as a soldier, I failed as a sergeant, I failed as a leader. I don't want that to be reminder to me. I want that to have green ticks, not red crosses. 

Thomas: But you haven't failed as a son. or as grandson, or as brother. You may failed in the army but in life you haven't failed, you got everything. If you want to carry on, do so but I will warn you, my boy, you will never be the same. NEVER the same. 

Tom nodded. 

Tom: Yes General. 

Thomas smiled and walked off. Tom was standing there looking at his grandma's grave and become serious. 

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

154K 9K 39
Riley Steele, an omega soldier, is ready to do whatever it takes to get accepted into a special unit in the army full of alphas, and the people stand...
52.5K 4.2K 47
The second part of Assassin's Brother. It's a continuation. 🤫 (Assassin's Brother with an alternative ending. Hope this is a 'better ending' and mor...
5.7K 221 24
When Ponyboy and Soda get drafted to serve in the Vietnam War, the gang decides to enlist with them. While they're in 'Nam, some crazy stuff goes dow...
438K 6.6K 41
Arianna Hope is a child of a rich family, but doesn't act like it. She spends her free time volunteering, contributing to charities, keeping a perfec...