The World's Potential- f1/Gym...

By jchn24zero

When Kera Hughes, a girl stuck with her life of pressure, meets up with her old friend Pierre Gasly, will she... More

-intro-
reunited.
shade.
gym.
plan.
environment
phone.
storm.
dinner
visitor.
birthday.
home.
camera.
penultimate.
penultimate 2.
café.
knock.
goodnight.
single.
monaco.
kiss.
date.
sea.
instagram.
hurt.
imola.
surprise.
jealousy.
!advance notice!
apologies.
public.
reflection.
!notice!
answer.

question.

484 6 26
By jchn24zero

L.N.
After the whole mess that happened a few days ago, I'm surprised that Kera stayed in Monaco with Charles and Pierre. I really hadn't known her long but getting to know her was genuinely fun, it was quite a unique feeling, like I knew she'd be a good friend right from the start; there was a certain click.

I began to get the sense that Charles liked Kera more than he'd care to admit ever since the water fight on the boat. As she began to get sprayed with water by Carlos and Charles, I jumped in to cover her from getting blasted, shielding her from the cold stream. However, through a fit of giggles and laughter I saw Charles standing still, watching us then shortly leaving afterwards down to the inside deck. That's when I initially thought they might have a thing going on, but after asking Pierre he said there was nothing.

But after everything that came out in the media that night, I knew I had to back off her as I valued Charles and I's friendship, thought it was a bit of a bummer. After hours of trying to figure out what to do, Charles had to call his media manager. She suggested that he say nothing and ignore any questions until it dies down, seen as they're not a couple so there's nothing to confirm or deny.

The morning after everything got leaked, Charles and I woke up still laying beside Kera, her still wearing my McLaren hoodie. After a very unsettled and quiet breakfast Pierre drove us 3 back to Charles' apartment to get away from the state the house was in after the party.

I look into the back seats of the car to see Ke slumped down in her seat with her small head in her arms, clearly still stressed about the night previous. Charles stretched out his hand, but she didn't acknowledge it almost as if the fans were around.

She came around when we got to Charles' apartment. He immediately went in and pulled something out of the fridge while us three were taking off our shoes and placing them near the front door. His face turns back to us and a smile emerges in a childlike way. His eyes are sparkling in the natural sunlight that is cascading it's way through the large wall length windows, his eyes full of an excitement that looked like it couldn't be held in for much longer. He makes his way out of the kitchen with a tub of Ben and Jerry's chocolate ice cream with a sticky note on the lid. KERA'S it said, in a fancy and cursive handwriting that joined together all too smoothly.

Kera's eyes matched his as I watched her walk across the room and cheekily grinned as she almost snatched the ice cream out of his large hands. A slight rosey tint met both of their sun kissed face from the rays landing softly on each of their skin. A small unsettling feeling came to mind which I pushed back down before turning to see Pierre; he was smiling at Kera's funny reaction as she took the ice cream and then pulled him into a tight hug.

'When you said you would come to Monaco, I searched to find it so I could have some here for you.' Charles said in a soft and warming tone.

'You remembered?' she says, looking into his light green transparent eyes.

'Of corse' he replied.

After a while, Kera promised to stop eating the ice cream and a while after, that she actually did. Charles and I went to help clear out room for the 3 of us to stay and eventually gave up, deciding we'd all sleep in a pillow fort type of thing in the middle of his living room: it was my idea, obviously.

——————

As the sun begins to slip behind the tall towers and apartment blocks of Monaco, the four of us decide to get into our pjs and order a pizza. A large gasp echos it's way into the living room from the bathroom almost immediately after Kera left to go and get changed. Swift and hastily, I look around with alert and alarm, waiting for something to happen. But nothing does. I look toward Pierre but he isn't looking in my direction, instead his eyes are fixated on the bathroom door: confused. Just like me. I notice as Charles slowly walks his way to the bathroom door before placing a gentle knock that broke the eery silence. The round, rustic, wooden doorknob turned causing it to make a slight clicking noise as the door is opened slowly.

Kera's arms fling their way around Charles' neck pulling him tightly toward her small body. My head slumps straight back to the cup of tea I was stirring, trying not to see this moment for any long; it wasn't that I didn't want to interrupt, it was some other reason which i'm unsure of. I hear Kera's sweet voice as she pulls herself away from Charles.

'you didn't have to'

'you loved it, and you looked so beautiful.'

'you're too kind leclerc.' she says dramatically, to which he replies with a light chuckle. Kera turns back around and heads back into the bathroom.

'what was that about?' I ask in a flat tone, putting no emphasis on any word.

'Oh, when we were in Italy she loved a dress but didn't buy it, so I surprised her and bought it for her.'

'you're such a flirt charlie' Pierre says, wiggling his eyebrows simultaneously.

I stay silent.

'no, no' he laughs off in his monegasque accent, making him sound an uneasy amount of rich and famous.

'you like her?' I say, failing to remain silent for any longer; Pierre had told me there was nothing going on between the pair, but now I'm unsure and don't know why, but I need to know an answer. Now.

'no, she's a very good friend' his face turning red as he slumps back onto the sofa.

'so, you don't mind if I ask her out then?'

He sits up: alert. His eyes are open and looking directly to me, then to Pierre, then back to me. His eyebrows furrowed, but not enough for it to be obvious, however I knew that look. I'd expressed that look myself not so long ago.

'sure, go ahead..' he says, mumbling with smile on his face. A smile formed across my face, finally getting an answer that I wanted to hear.

————————

The night consisted of fits of laughter, explosions of screams and a lot of ice cream. All of us laid closely together on a mountain of pillows and blankets we manage to scavenge from around Charles' apartment. I, as per usual, took my camera and took tons of photos hoping to post some on my jpeg account. As i'm scrolling through Instagram, I see a post by Kera's friend, Angie, who had come up as recommended people. Jokingly, I began scrolling through the account and winding up Ke on every photo that she was on. This only caused us all to laugh even more. It was that hour of night that every single thing was just ten times funny than it actually was.

'wait, what's that one?' her angelic australian accent very strongly escaping as Kera speaks.

'that's her new boyfriend isn't it? Nathanael or something' Pierre says, glancing over the phone too. I swipe back and forth between the photos she posted, zooming in on different parts of the photo.

Charles let's out a large groan and rolls his eyes, causing us all to spin our head towards him. 'jealous charles?' Kera says, wiggling her eyebrows at him hinting at a potential crush.

'quite the opposite..' he says without stuttering.

'what?' I say, trying to evoke the drama out of him.

'you don't like angie?' Kera says, her heart sinking and a disappointing and saddened tone now taking over her sweet accent. Pierre places his hand around her shoulder in comfort but continues to look and her sorrowfully, as if he knew something she didn't. As if this was a shared feeling between him and Charles.

'ever since she met him, she's.. not been the nicest person. She's changed.' Pierre breaks to her, causing her to pull a face of distrust and pain.

'oh yea right. Please, enlighten me on how she's changed' she says defensively.

'well, for starts she said it was funny when you fell at your competition' charles says, quietly.

'and.. she also declined her invite to come here to spend time with her boyfriend, she also didn't bother helping you when you had your panic attack..' Pierre adds.

Kera scoffs, still trying to deny what they were saying, trying to salvage the friendship she thought she had in her head but truthfully, she knew. She knew deep down that it was true, but did not want to face this. Small streams formed in her eyes but as she realised she turned and pulled out the ice cream tub and begins to eat it.

'want some?' she offers to everyone, deflecting the pain she is facing by changing the subject. We don't force her to talk, instead, we take a spoon and begin to eat the chocolate that melted in our mouths. Charles, Pierre and I all looked around at each other, agreeing to not push the subject and to pretend as though we didn't notice her crying, but I couldn't help feel extremely bad and guilty about it all.

——————

@angiefosterofficial

@angiefosterofficial the best ✅

——————

@lando.jpeg

tagged: @mickschumacher @estebanocon
⚪️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

tagged: @estebanocon @pierregasly
⚫️⚪️⚫️⚫️⚫️

tagged: @carmenmundt (brunette) @kerahughes
⚫️⚫️⚪️⚫️⚫️

tagged: @isahernaez (brunette) @kerahughes (blonde)
⚫️⚫️⚫️⚪️⚫️

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚪️
@lando.jpeg wow
@charlesleclerc❤️
@estebanocon best time.
@nicorosberg looks fun!

1629 words!! sorry for procrastinating this chapter</3

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT I LOVE IT AND APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH❤️

the tables have turned ...
-J

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

437K 9.1K 47
❝ You owe me that kiss. ❞
49.2K 725 61
When I thought my racing career was over, fate gave me a big chance that brought me many ups and downs, new friends and enemies, new lovers and also...
25.7K 447 33
Brianna Vowles grew up on the paddock. It was what filled every weekend. There were endless trips around the globe with her father and Uncle Otmar in...
22.6K 730 36
»»----- ★ -----«« her who falls in love with the boy who made her cut classes and him the ladies man of the paddock »»----- ★ -----«« "You can keep m...