Under the devil's spell | H.M...

By JJxpovs

Lucy Morningstar is the devil. Yes, you heard that right, the devil. She is the fallen angel. As the story go... More

Cast | Season 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 8

2.8K 152 5
By JJxpovs

"What's bothering you right now?" Emma asked. "Well..." Lucy thought for a moment "Right now I'm experiencing a very odd feeling. It's- it's like a... it's like a fat man sitting on my chest. But not in a fun way."

"And when is that happening?"

"Well um..."

"When you're with Hope?"

"Yes. Well, actually, lately, when she's been with Landon. Her crush. Well, sort of. She said she has a crush on someone else but I don't know what she sees in that oaf."

"Lucy..." Emma began, "You're jealous."

"The Devil doesn't get jealous. I'm the one who inspires passion in others." Lucy chuckled nervously. She couldn't possibly be jealous. It's impossible. But lately even the impossible is possible.

"Well, I'm afraid we will have to cut this short. Dr. Saltzman is looking for you." Emma told Lucy who seemed as confused as she is. Why would Alaric ask for Lucy?

With that, she got up and left to find Alaric in his office. She didn't expect him to have his crossbow and a woman in a wedding dress covered in blood.

"Did I miss the wedding or a funeral?" Lucy asked as both of them turned to her catching their attention.

"I'm sorry who are you?" the woman in the wedding dress asked. Lucy held out her hand, "Lucifer Morningstar, but you can call me Lucy."

The woman was shocked upon hearing her name "Lucifer Morningstar, as in the Devil?" she turned to Alaric who shook his head "Don't ask. It's a long story."

"Are you okay - Whoa, whoa." Dorian came in rushing through the doors, and also had his hands up when he saw Alaric with a crossbow.

"Ric, if you could just put down the crossbow. My freak-out level is about 11 right now." Jo was breathing heavily in nervousness behind a very confused Lucy who didn't know what to do.

"You know her?" Dorian asked him. Alaric answered, "I know who she's supposed to be." He spoke and Dorian asked who. "The love of my life."

"Congratulations Alaric, I didn't know you had it in you to pull such a beautiful woman." Lucy grins as Alaric glares at her, not having the time to joke around.

"Hold up. Hold up." Dorian urged and walked to Ric who is very sensitive about seeing his dead wife.

"Listen to Dorian. Are you Dorian? I'm Jo." She put her hands up in surrender when Lucy was beside Alaric already.

Dorian was flabbergasted, "You're his dead wife? I mean- I mean, Fiancée. I mean uh... You don't think she's actually..?"

"No, I don't," Alaric whispered harshly and looked at
Jo.

"Did you see how she got here?" He asked and Jo answered in front of them.

"I was sort of, um... yanked awake, and then I was just here." Though the explanation was too fabricated and doesn't make sense, the people in front of her didn't seem to take it lightly.

Except for Lucy, I mean demons get to travel with dead people and use them as vessels but she had a feeling this wasn't a demon. It all seems familiar.

"Nothing suspicious about that. " Alaric chuckled sarcastically and pointed the crossbow once more. Lucy stayed out of it, it's a personal thing.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Dorian asked Ric who nodded.

"Kill her now before she attacks?" He answered and pointed the weapon again.

Jo looked at him in disbelief. "Wait, what?" she said.

"I was more, 'Let's interrogate her'. Because if she's the next monster, then maybe she would know more than the dryad did." He pointed out and Ric put down his weapon and sighed, knowing Dorian had a point.

"Okay, but no one sees her. Especially today." He said and Dorian agreed. "I need Emma."

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

"Obviously, nothing's gonna come out of it. I mean, it's not like I'm going to tell her how I feel. When I obviously know she doesn't feel the same way." Hope shrugged, thinking about what it was like to be with Lucy. "Though I do like the sound of her voice. It's low and smart-sounding, with both her accents- I swear it's like she's killing me with her accent - and her eyes, her eyes are, like, this dark brown color that makes her intimidating and it's like when I look at them I'm under a spell- Oh, my god. Who am I right now?" She looked down defeated like making Emma laugh lightly.

"A normal teenager? Though I do love hearing you talk about something as simple as having a crush on a girl who clearly likes you as well." They got interrupted when her phone buzzed on the coffee table and she picked it up, standing as well. "You do not need a counselor, Hope. You need a friend."

Hope huffed and leaned on the chair, then it hit her, 'Clearly likes you as well' What did Emma mean by that?

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

After the whole resurrecting wife/fiance Lucy decided to leave. That wasn't her conversation to hear, and she had to do some research for herself.

Dorian, Emma, and Lucy were all held in the library, trying to figure out what monster this was. "I-I don't get it. She hasn't tried to escape, but a word about the knife. She knows things that only Jo knows and let's not ignore the fact that I remember her, so she's not like the other creatures." Alaric explained walking into the library.

"Blunt force hang gotten them what they want, so they've moved on to psychological warfare. Tread lightly. If Jo is another monster, she can do more than damage to you than any dragon." Emma told Alaric who knew she was right.

"It was something she said...here" Dorian flipped the book so Alaric can read it. "There's an eyewitness account of a group of World War 1 soldiers buried in France who came back to life, and massacres a village." Lucy looked over the page, catching her attention, she was there at the time the war happened.

"After, they didn't remember hurting anyone. And they all said they'd been 'yanked' back into being. Like Jo." Dorian finished explaining making Lucy realize who the monster is. It's an old friend of hers.

"Wait, so someone or something resurrected them and used them to attack a village?" Alaric asked.

"More like someone." Lucy sighed, "I know what monster we're dealing with."

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

Alaric practically ran to find Jo, only to see she was gone. "No, no, no. We have to find her." he turns to Lucy "Help me find her. Dorian get the faculty to search the building."

They ran off, and both Alaric and Lucy went outside toward the dance hall. "Ric?"

"Call off the dogs. I think I found her." Alaric told Dorian on a call. "I think I'll keep 'em on standby." and with that, he ended the call.

"Something's wrong," Jo said in worry.

"How did you get out?"

"Josie wanted me to come to the party, and so, she siphoned the spell again. I know it was stupid, but I just... I wanted to see their sweet 16." Jo rambled.

"Ok, just tell me exactly what happened"

"I don't know. I- I was with her for one minute, and then..." Jo held up her hands full of dirt "Ric, I lost time. I don't know. I must have done something to her but just, I don't know." suddenly she lost consciousness falling into Alaric's arms.

"There's a knife in your possession that will buy you the answer," Jo told in a demonic voice. A voice is all too familiar to Lucy. Alaric dropped Jo seeing that it wasn't his wife anymore.

It laughed as it got up "No need to rush. I'm sure your daughter had an hour before she runs out of air."

Alaric grabbed Jo's body in anger and pinned her to a tree. "Where is she!?"

"Doctor Saltzman, what's going on?" Hope called out making both Alaric and Lucy turn to look at her.

Lucy was at a loss for words. Hope is wearing a red dress, looking as beautiful as ever. She swore she stopped breathing for a second as she stared at her.

After Alaric revealed that the possessed biological mother buried Josie alive in the cemetery, they all grabbed a shovel and began looking around. Penelope and MG soon joined them.

"MG, listen for her breathing," Hope said as they walked around, holding shovels and torches in their hands.

"Hold on," MG said making them stop and look at him as he held his hand forward, "I hear something. Shovel." Penelope handed her a shovel and he approached a particular spot before beginning to dig.

Just then, a hand reached out from under the ground and grabbed his leg. Penelope stepped forward and hit the zombie with her shovel. However, the zombie kept on trying to attack MG.

Lucy then dug her shovel inside its head, killing it instantly. "It's a zombie. Always go for the brain."

"She's right," MG stood up and dusted off his clothes, "to kill a walker, you got to go for the brain. Everybody knows that."

Penelope scoffed, "Yeah, every nerd maybe."

"Now that offense me. It's everybody who has ever watched a zombie movie." Lucy informed, smirking at Penelope, "But of course, you wouldn't know since you've been torturing Lizzie all semester. Great work by the way."

Penelope just rolled her eyes but had a small smile hidden. While Hope glared at the two, feeling slightly jealous.

"Just call it a zombie," Penelope responded.

Just then more grunts were heard and more zombies began to submerge from the ground.

"Zombies," Hope said, "plural." The group stood together as zombies surrounded them, all walking towards them emitting some sort of growls. And so, they began attacking as well, hitting the zombies- aiming for their heads.

"Whoo!" MG exclaimed in excitement, "Two for two, baby!"

"Penelope and I can handle the rest." Hope spoke, sure of herself as she looked at Lucy and MG, "You two go find Josie."

"Right. Got it." MG nodded as he and Lucy walked away to find Josie.

"Josie. I hear you. Hold on." Mg sped to a nearby gravestone and dug it out.

Suddenly a zombie had already peaked its head out and startled him. Lucy flicks her wrist and in a matter of seconds, the zombie was turned into dust.

"If only it were that easy," Penelope called from behind when she saw what occurred.

Hope sighed. "We're running out of time."

Lucy took a deep breath and narrowed her eyes as she focused on the sounds. She could hear a lot of grunting and growling coming from the zombies but she focused deeper and harder than that. That's when she heard it. Josie's soft cries.

She rushed toward the sound and she knelt using anything but her hands to dig her out. With the amount of force she did, the ground began shaking and everyone watched as the soil began to lift in the air.

That's when Josie's hand was pushed out of the ground and Lucy wasted no time in grabbing it, pulling her out and to her feet.

Josie instantly wrapped her arms around Lucy, who was caught by surprise, but she slowly started to hug her back.

"The talisman," Hope breathed out, relieved, "it worked."

"What's it supposed to do?" Josie asked, glancing at Hope who replied, "Make quiet things heard.."

Lucy sighed in relief she's never felt this kind of worry and infliction on needing to protect someone before. Josie became a friend of Lucy's, in a way they understood each other.

Lucy glanced at Hope who shot her a small smile. She smiled back and stared at her with nothing but adoration in her eyes. At this moment she realized, Hope Mikaeslon changed who she was. From the cold Devil to someone who cares. Can The devil finally be redeemed?

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

After the night Lucy had, she made sure Josie was okay and Hope was too. As much as she wanted to stay by Hope's side, she needed to have a call with someone very important.

"Always a pleasure to hear from you, Lucy."

"Well, I'd like to say it's a pleasure to hear from you but let's put our differences apart. I need your help." Lucy sighed, she can't believe she was doing this. "An old friend of ours is back. And I'm going to need you to do something for me. Time for my end of the deal."

"What is it you need..?"

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 415 34
What would will happen when the unknown twin sister to Hope Mikaelson's finally meets her family for the very first time only not in her timeline? Th...
1.2M 36.9K 84
In which the Tribrid, Hope Mikaelson Falls for the Half-God and Half-Werewolf, Hades's son. 𝗛𝗢𝗣𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗞𝗔𝗘𝗟𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗫 𝗠𝗔𝗟𝗘 𝗢𝗖 #1 in Hopem...
145K 3.9K 19
Izel Woods, a typical orphaned girl with a shitty life.That is until she finds out that she's not typical at all. This story shows how a big mystery...
21.3K 344 13
a timeline where Hope never returned to the Salvatore Boarding School after the devastating losses of not only her not so immortal parents, Klaus Mik...