Brute's Paradise

By Suk-24

This is the sequel of the book 'Angel's Brute'. It starts from one and a half years after Manik flew away to... More

Copyright©
Declaration
Prologue
📽Trailer📽
Characters and Context part 1
Characters and Context part 2
Chapter 1 - "Love or madness..?"
Chapter 2 - "Brute's golden cage..."
💘Angel's Brute New Cover💘
❤Brute's Paradise New Cover❤
Chapter 3 - "Amity obstacle..."
Chapter 4 - "Secrets are dangerous..."
Chapter 5 - "Love is overrated..?"
Chapter 6 - "An unknown admirer..."
Chapter 7- "Love just for love..."
😞Hurt😞
🙏Thank you🙏
Chapter 8 -"Changed equation..."
Chapter 9 - "Crack in the mirror..."
Chapter 10 - "Repay to friendship..."
Chapter 11 - "Unknown enemy, known target..."
Chapter 12 - "I lost, you won..."
Chapter 13 - "Devils don't love..."
Chapter 14 - "He is her home..."
Chapter 15- "Cajoling him..."
Chapter 16- "Their decisions..."
Chapter 17- "New friendship..."
Chapter 18 - "Mr Manik Moody..."
Chapter 20 - "Silhouette in Paradise..."
🤝Deal🤝
Chapter 21 - "Blackmail or Backstab..?"
🔊Shoutou🔊
Chapter 22 - "Devil in Danger..."
Chapter 23 - "Secrets of the Past..."
👉New Chapters👈
Chapter 24 -"The rhythm of deception..."
Chapter 25 - "Buried past..."
Chapter 26 - "Riddle bound..."
🙏Request🙏
🙏❤️Thank you all❤️🙏
Chapter 27 - "Monster in disguise..."
⚠️ Attention ⚠️
Chapter 28 - "Is everything fair in love..?"
Chapter 29 - "Cobweb of conspiracy..."
Chapter 30 - "Twisted trust..."
Chapter 31 - "Emotion and expression..."
Chapter 32 - "Every coin has two sides..."
Chapter 33 - "Devil's paws..."

Chapter 19 - "Half heaven, half hell..."

1.1K 172 34
By Suk-24

Manhattan at night🗽

"The light music coming from the bar section started tranquillising my mood. I didn't explain to Nandini why I was late because she would have been disturbed to know that the car blast incident and her unknown stalker are somehow interconnected. When I interrogated that man in my lake house, he said that the person who called Nandini from my mobile was a well-groomed man. He was wearing a formal suit but covering his head with a hat which is not very normal in America. It might be the dress sense of 70's or 80's but nowadays people prefer to wear a hat or cap only in informal. It seems that the person was not very eager to open up his identity. Meanwhile, Ayan suspected a man named Joe Griffin who might be the person who misbehaved with Nandini at the party. He is a smart cookie who is nowadays trying to be close to Malhotra and Khurana. I invited him because he requested so, just to make contact with other business moguls. Ayan has checked his background and found that along with drug addiction, this man is a sex maniac. He even got nabbed by Manhattan police in a case of sexual abuse to a prostitute. However, he got released because of the lack of solid proof. After 2 years, his girlfriend again put allegations of physical and sexual abuse on him and this time he got a punishment of 1-year imprisonment. After coming out of jail, he got involved in drug peddling and gradually entered the mafia world. When Ayan interrogated the entire staffs of my house who were on duty that party night, a waiter confirmed that he saw Griffin roaming around the power room. He was trying to unlock the place. And it matches the time when the power cut occurred. Although it is not solid proof, I wanted to meet Griffin alone. I know how to read a pervert's mind. Simultaneously, I wanted to cross-check if that hired goon saw Griffin only in the accident spot. Keeping that in mind we took the goon to my place where I was supposed to meet Griffin. But spoiling my all assumptions, he denied recognizing him as the same person. These all ventures kept me busy for a long and when finally, I reached home, it was late to make some believable excuse. I still didn't drop the date idea because I thought it would be a good way to divert my mind from this tension. But here she is adding more fuel to it. I ignore the malaise in her tone and choose the best defence is a good offence way to counter her."

"What? Don't say nonsense to just win the argument, Nandini. Whatever I am doing is to secure my family only. You know how difficult it was for me to acquire the same power, position and reputation in a new place that I used to have in India. I had to work hard to achieve all these. But that doesn't mean I ever prioritized my work over you all. Whenever you needed me I was always there for you. I spend time with Mini despite being dead tired at night. I visit Rishav's doctor during his sessions. I take care of every requirement and luxury of my family."

Manik contradicts Nandini's complaint. A sarcastic smile creeps on her lip. Wringing her hands she mouths,

"Hmmm...my need. For the last two months, I am going shopping with your bodyguards. It feels like either I am the president of this country or I am a criminal who is out of jail on parole. In Mini's case...well, she is your daughter who knows how to draw someone's attention. Genetic disorder. And don't give the example of Rishav. You never go with us during his sessions. You just go there to scare the doctors whether they are giving extra attention to your brother-in-law or not. Of course, you are bound to your nature. Without showing your power and influence, you can't even digest your food. And about our luxury...you know very well that I never asked for it. My brother and I still have that middle-class mentality, which I am proud of and I can assure you that I will teach my daughter the same basic values."

Her words ignite the fire in his head. This woman is incorrigible. Nobody dares to mock his superiority like this but she always does. Manik keeps on observing her with angry eyes. In reply, Nandini keeps on twirling her locks as if she is enjoying his pique.

"You better regrate for this attitude."

He utters in his mind while grabbing her wrist to pull her up from his chair. Nandini meets his eyes with confusion.

"No matter how hard you try to spoil my mood, it's not gonna work. Come on, vent your frustration on the dance floor. It's been a long time since I danced with you."

Manik's voice has an implicit challenge. He twists her wrist and pulls her with him, heading to the dance floor.

.........................................

It's around 9 pm. Navya twists her wrist to glance at her watch. She is almost done with her today's schedule. It was a hectic day and now she is having back pain. Since she conceived, this back pain is bothering her most often. She even visited a gyno and showed her concern but she said that during pregnancy this type of pain is normal. It may increase along with time. Navya should use a comfortable chair to sit and place her legs on a stool during a long sitting posture. However, she suggested not to sit in a particular position for a long time. It can swell her feet. Now, who will tell her that she doesn't own this company, nor the owner is her husband asking for these privileges. A bitter grin appears on her lips.

"Husband! Not even in my wildest dream. He doesn't even acknowledge my child. I hate you, Cabir. I am just doing this job for my baby. Otherwise, I don't even want to see your face."

Navya mumbles and is about to shut down the laptop. She is dying to book a cab and run for her apartment.

"Are you done, Ms Mehta? Then come to my cabin. I have something important to discuss."

The voice coming from her behind forms some lines of irritation on her face. Without looking back Navya replies,

"Mr Cabir...it's 9 past 10. I have already (She purposely looks at her wristwatch) done overtime which I shouldn't do. We will discuss that something important tomorrow. Now, I am leaving."

Cabir observes that she locks the laptop inside the drawer, unlike previous times when she always used to carry it with her. Sometimes she continued her work at night in her apartment. Navya checks the essentials in her bag and zips it up.

"But that work can't wait for tomorrow. You know that. We have worked late at night before."

Cabir sounds impatient. He stands beside Navya's chair, looking at her for any positive response. Navya composedly leaves her chair and looks at him with a smiling face.

"Nights have changed, Mr Dhawan, and so am I. Now, I have started prioritizing myself. That work will surely wait for me. Bye. Have a rocking night."

She waltzes past him and exits with a confident stride. Cabir's face turns red to dark. He murmurs,

"You too have a rocking night, Ms Navya Mehta because tomorrow, it won't be a rocking day for you."

.......................................

Manik steps into the dance floor having Nandini in his tight grip. His head is throbbing and this agitation needs to be vented out in some way. Nandini doesn't try to free herself as she knows between them, one should behave sanely. Many couples are cosily dancing on the floor. Some are getting intimate openly and some are doing drugs too. Nandini roams her eyes all around and grimaces in disgust. Suddenly, Manik pulls her more and wraps her fragile frame against his hard chest. She places her arms over his chest and tries to maintain some distance. However, Manik yanks her more harshly and kneads her back with his restless hands. Nandini feels a bit of pain. She mumbles,

"Manik, what are you doing? Behave!"

"Why? Are you feeling shy? Is your middle-class mentality coming in between? But what to do? According to you, I know how to draw attention. Genetic disorder. Almost uncurable. So, I am drawing your attention."

Manik continues with his raspy voice while pressing Nandini's body more to him,

"I don't give you time, right? I don't give you priority. See! I am giving you all. We have come to a romantic date. We are dancing. We are loving each other."

Saying this he kisses her throat and trails his lips along her nape. Nandini's whole body instantly shivers. Manik chuckles. He affects her so deeply. The music turns louder. Manik flips Nandini and encircles her from the back. Now, her partly bare back is exposed to him. Manik nears her ear and whispers,

"Remember the day we first met? You honoured and welcomed me with a garland. The first time I felt your touch. It was precious, it is precious and it will be always."

He gently bites her earlobe forcing her to moan in passion.

"I am yours, Nandini. Your Brute. My time, my priority, my everything is yours. I don't know what have you done to me but I can't resist falling for you again and again. You are my Angel who keeps me alive."

He murmurs against her ear, still engulfing her petite frame in his protective arms. His voice had something that forms a lamp in her throat. Her lips quiver in unsaid emotion. She immediately turns and encircles him with great vigour. The barrier of her emotion is broken. She lifts her heels to reach his shoulder and hides her face in the nook of his neck.

"And you are my Brute who makes me realise again and again that nobody can love me the way you do. I love you, Manik. You are the best thing that happened in my life."

Her voice gets submerged amidst the loud music and her tears.

"She came as an angel in his life...

And all his demons scattered away..."

Author's note: Manan's romance will continue in the next chapter. Along with this, some unpredictable storms will come into their live. To know, keep reading.   🙏❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59K 3.2K 30
"I hate you...!" I gasped in a broken tone yet acting as strong. "You will hate me more, I promise I will make your everyday hell!" He warned in a na...
206K 12.3K 39
Book -1 of "Hiraeth" series. . . Manik Malhotra the CEO of Malhotra Industries, always being the grumpy one and doesn't care about anyone except o...
84.4K 3K 27
(sequel to hate at first fight) Its been two months since manan parted... now manik has totally changed he has become more of monster manik than befo...
443K 22.8K 45
--Romantic Psychological Suspense-- Will Nandini be able to 'change the monster that Nyonika created into a human' again? Can she tolerate the tortur...