Moving Forward - J. Black

By sierrar2003

In a world of vampires and werewolves, you can't control fate; but you can fight it, right? More

meet the Cullens.
twilight
authors note
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
new moon.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix
eclipse.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii
xiv.
xv
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
breaking dawn
xix.
xx.
xxii.
xxiii.
xxiv.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii.
xxviii.

xxi.

1.1K 33 0
By sierrar2003

EDITED

Eliza could tell that Bella's upcoming transition was still bothering Jacob no matter how well he hid it while they were together. So she had no clue how Jacob was going to take the news after she had just gotten a call from Bella.

Eliza had been in the living room when she got a call from Edward. Eliza furrowed her eyebrows at the call, unsure why the vampire would be calling her. "Hello?" Eliza asked hesitantly as she answered the call. "Eliza!" Bella's voice came out in a whisper but Eliza also heard some relief in the human's tone. "Bella?" Eliza answered back confused, causing Emmett and Alice to look at the vampire alarmed. "I need your help." Bella pleaded over the phone as Eliza left the room, hoping it would stop her family from eavesdropping.

Eliza was wrong and news spread quickly through the Cullen home that Bella Swan was pregnant. Tensions were high in the home as everyone waited for the couple to get back home and Eliza wasn't sure about how she felt about keeping Jacob in the dark like they were everyone else. The shifter could tell Eliza was on edge and he noticed how she avoided him for the past week.

Eliza's worries were settled when Charlie Swan informed Jacob that his daughter had gotten a stomach bug and was extending her honeymoon. Eliza knew that Jacob would assume that the story was a cover-up to Edward turning her, but she hoped he would be rational in his reaction.

Eliza sensed her mate before any of the other Cullens, the vampires slowly desensitized by the scent that now clung to Eliza. Edward saw a look of realization flash across Eliza's face and he wasted no time invading her mind and informing the coven of the shifter's arrival. Eliza glared at Edward for being such an invasive ass since the couple's return and quickly made her way to the front door.

"Jake." Eliza sighed as she opened the door for her mate. "Is it true?" Jacob immediately looked at Eliza, hoping she wasn't lying to him. "Can you calm down, please?" Eliza set her hand on the shifter's bicep as she took in his nearly shaking form. "El, just tell me the truth." Jacob took a deep breath as he prepared to hear of his friend's death. "Jake, is that you?" Bella's weak voice called out from the living room and Eliza winced when she saw the betrayed look on Jacob's face. "She's here?" Jacob looked at Eliza in surprise before barreling up the stairs.

"Jake, wait!" Eliza used her super speed to make her way in front of her mate, gently setting her hand on his chest. "I need you to be calm, Bella is going to need you to be calm." Eliza gently set her other hand on his cheek, putting his full attention on herself. "Eliza, what is going on?" Jacob grew frustrated by his mate's vague and passive words. "I just-I need you to trust me, okay?" Eliza tried to get Jacob to calm down and approach the situation with a rational mind. "I trust you." Jacob looked past the blonde before nodding his head as he spoke. "Good, follow me." Eliza grabbed Jacob's hand, slowly guiding him up the rest of the stairs.

Rosalie stood in front of Bella as she still didn't trust Jacob, no matter what he meant to Eliza. "I'm glad you came." Bella could only poke her head out from behind Rosalie. "Rose, it's okay." Eliza met Rosalie's nervous eyes and she kept her hold on Jacob's hand. Rosalie sighed and moved out of the way and the couple took a few more steps toward the human.

Jacob let out a sigh of relief when he realized Bella was still human. "You look horrible." The shifter then commented as he took a seat next to the brunette. "Yeah, it's nice to see you too." Bella let out a weak laugh as she played with her fingers. "So are you going to tell me what's wrong with you?" Jacob looked between Eliza, Rosalie, and Bella. "Eliza, Rose, can you help me up?" Bella looked at the two blondes expectantly. Eliza moved to help Bella stand, wrapping her arms around the girl's arm and waist as Rosalie stood behind Bella as extra support.

Jacob immediately noticed Bella's bruised baby bump as her blanket slipped down and her t-shirt got caught on the bump. Bella let out a sigh of relief as she got to stretch her legs but Jacob's eyes widened in horror. "You did this!" anger quickly took over the shifter as he moved to attack Edward. Eliza had to fight her instincts to step in when she remembered she was the only thing keeping Bella stable. "We didn't know it was even possible." Carlisle defended as Emmett moved quickly to hold the shifter back.

"What is it?" Jacob pushed Emmett off him as he looked around at the Cullens for answers. "I'm not sure, ultrasounds and needles won't penetrate the embryonic sac." Carlisle was visibly disappointed as Eliza helped Bella sit back down. "I can't see it either." Alice gave her own input of the unfamiliar situation. 

"And I can't see Bella's future anymore." Alice's pessimistic words saddened Bella as she put her head down. "We've been researching legends but there isn't much to go on. What we do know is that it's strong and fast growing." Carlisle explained what the coven had discovered. "Why haven't you done anything, take it out of her!" Jacob's words of anger made both Eliza and Bella flinch. "This is none of your business, dog!" Rosalie was the first to say something, angered by Jacob's words.

"Rose." Eliza took a step closer to the shifter, worried that the tensions would cause a fight. "All this fighting isn't good for Bella." Esme finally spoke up as she tried to keep the peace. "The fetus isn't good for Bella!" Alice retorted aggressively with a scoff. "Say the word, Alice. 'Baby', it's just a little baby." Rosalie glared at the people she called family. "Possibly." Jasper defended Alice's views, unsure of the situation himself. Bella reached out for Eliza's hand, seeking comfort in someone who was on her side about the child.

"Carlisle, you've got to do something." Jacob glanced over at Eliza and Bella before turning back to the doctor. "No." Bella demanded, tired of everyone arguing over something that wasn't their business. "It's not his decision, it's not any of ours." Eliza gave Jacob a pointed look as Bella squeezed her hand. "Jacob, I need to talk to you." Edward motioned for the shifter to follow him out of the room. Jacob looked over at Eliza hesitantly before following Edward out of the house. "He'll come around." Eliza gave Bella a supportive smile, hoping that her words held true.

Jacob came back into the room a couple of minutes later with a satisfied look on his face. Rosalie was safe-guarding the room that now only held Eliza and Bella. Rosalie hesitantly let the shifter in the room, leaving when she noticed that Eliza was going to stay. "So, Edward sent you in here to talk to me." Bella was short with the shifter. "Sort of, though I can't figure out why he thinks you'd listen to me, you never have before." Jacob let out a breathy laugh before he looked over at the two amused. "Since when are you two BFFs?" Jacob was shocked at how sympathetic Eliza was being toward the human. "Eliza understands what I want." Bella was completely honest with Jacob. "I also enjoy pissing off Edward." Eliza added on with a pointed look, gaining a laugh from her mate.

"So what are you thinking, seriously?" Jacob tried to be understanding of both women. "I know this seems like a scary thing, but it's-it's not." Bella already felt connected to the creature in her stomach. "It's like this miracle or something, I can feel him." Bella rested her hand on her stomach lovingly.

"So, it's a bouncing baby boy." Jacob let out a noise of amusement at Bella's statement. "It's just a guess." Bella defended her words, knowing they had no true way of knowing. "When I picture him, I see a boy. We'll see." Bella smiled softly at the idea of meeting her child. "You won't." Jacob shifted as he frowned at her words. "Jacob, I can do this, I'm strong enough." Bella promised and Eliza bit her lip, only hoping Bella's body would survive long enough.

"Come on." Jacob could sense that even Eliza was unsure of Bella's health getting better. "You can spout that crap to your bloodsucker, but you don't fool me. I can see what that thing's doing to you. It's a killer, Bella." Jacob let his anger bubble up again as he stood up and began pacing. "You're wrong." Bella shook her head as she convinced herself she could survive. "And when you die? It lives and you die, how is that right for anyone?" Jacob asked a question that he knew Bella couldn't answer.

"Listen to me, Bella, please. Just don't do this. Live, okay?" Jacob tried to remain calm, taking a seat again. "Jake, everything's going to be okay." Bella tried to convince the shifter that she would be okay, but he didn't believe her. "Jacob, don't go." Bella begged as the shifter stood up with a shake of his head. "I know how this ends and I'm not sticking around to watch." Jacob left the room and Bella turned to Eliza for help. Eliza sighed, knowing Jacob was probably already mad at her for supporting Bella.

"Jake." Eliza called out to her mate as she stopped outside at the bottom of the stairs, a couple of feet from his bike. "I understand why you support her, why you've been avoiding me." Jacob sighed as he looked into his imprint's eyes. "But I can't watch this, I can't watch her-" Jacob choked on his words when he pictured Bella's withered body. The thought alone sent Jacob's anger over the edge as he kicked his bike over. His body began to shake and he quickly turned away before he phased and took off into the woods. 

Eliza let out a sigh as she watched the wolf take off into the trees. Eliza understood why Jacob was struggling with the situation, but she also understood why Bella was so dedicated to fighting for her child's life. Eliza always wanted kids, sure she raised her siblings for a brief time and took Bree under her wing, but it just wasn't the same as having her own and she couldn't imagine having to choose between her own life and her child's.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

765K 19.7K 71
"ɪ'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴜʏs ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴄʟᴀᴡs, ᴏʀ ɢʟᴏᴡɪɴɢ ᴇʏᴇs, ᴏʀ sᴜᴘᴇʀ sᴇɴsᴇs. ɪ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ." ᴛᴡɪʟɪɢʜᴛ•ʙʀᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴅᴀᴡɴ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɪ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇ...
1.6M 52.7K 84
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐃| ❝︎Why are you so paranoid?❞︎ ❝︎Why aren't you?❞ 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐞 �...
117K 1.8K 35
Loyalty can either save you or kill you.
38.7K 1.1K 15
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 a hotheaded shapeshifter imprints on Bella Swan's sister. TW: LANGUAGE, VIOLENCE A/N: I do not own the twilight series or characters...