shattered hearts

By targaryenluvrx

house of the dragon fanfic, there is a girl named velaena targaryen whose mother is rhaenyra and her love int... More

𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝟏
𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬
𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞
𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐬
𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞'𝐬
𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐲𝐞
𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝
𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝟐
𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫
𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫
𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤
𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝
𝐁𝐢𝐠 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫
𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝
𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐡
𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬
𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞
𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫

𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

3.2K 81 14
By targaryenluvrx

Whispering spread throughout the hall, people wondering when this wedding was to begin or if it was even going to happen.

"Are you ready?" Daemon asks holding out his arm for velaena. He could feel her sense of doubt and worry so he wanted to at least try to calm her.

"no. I mean yes" velaena almost whispers taking daemons arm in the process. Her heart was beating out of her chest and she didn't know if she was excited for this new chapter in her life or afraid.

The ceremony was being held in the throne room except it was decorated to look differently. Velaena had only gotten a say on a few decorations, the rest were decided by alicent.

The two walked in sync to the big double doors and stood for a moment outside before entering. On the other side of those doors is her future, her new life. But in the doors behind her are her past, what she's comfortable with.

But before she could hesitate even further the doors opened and there he was. Aemond in all his glory looking as beautiful as ever. Each strand of his hair, perfectly in place.

He was wearing a red and black outfit, velaena had never seen him in another colour besides black. It was beautiful on him, and considering it was red made it better.

A smile instantly came on both of their faces, and there that spark was again. After all these years it was back. Just by that one smile all those feeling come back, even if she didn't want those feelings back.

The room was full of unfamiliar faces, the only people she knew were her family but the rest strangers. They were only there because it was a bond between families, no one cared about her.

Daemon leads first into the hall which makes velaena start walking too. So many thoughts running through her and aemonds mind but the only thing they both thought was how beautiful the other looked.

Aemond's face softens the closer she gets, his nerves began to calm down the closer she gets. He had never dreamed for anything more. She was his reason to keep fighting.

And after what felt like a million years of walking she was at the end of the hall, face to face with her soon to be husband. Her heart began to quicken, her palms becoming sweaty as she unlinked from daemon and stood with aemond.

Their hands intertwined as the ceremony began. But the two couldn't keep their eyes off of each other. Aemond couldn't ask for anything more, he was excited for this whereas velaena was scared, and wanted to be free.

The Septon began the ceremony and the hall fell silent, Velaena looked around and noticed from the window a small bit of sun shone through which landed on aemond, showing him in all his glory.

Velaenas eyes searched the hall looking around for any familiar faces for comfort. She spotted harwin in the back corner smiling at her. He hadn't taken his eyes away from her this whole time but as soon as velaena saw him her nerves were settled.

Her father was here to watch her start a new chapter in her life and that gave her comfort because she knew he would be there to protect her.

The Septon handed Aemond a fine blade made of dragonglass, he brings it to velaenas lips.Velaena returns the favour and cuts his lip with the blade, she then cuts her palm and hands it back to aemond to do the same. Once their palms were bloody they each took their blood and drew a symbol on the others head. And once the palms were cut and the symbols were drawn, they placed their hands together letting the blood from one another mix. It was a symbol that their souls will be tied together.

They held their hands closely together forcing the blood to drip out , something mesmerising about the blood dripping had caught velaenas attention. But it also made her curious to why every traditional wedding has to involve so much blood. They were handed a cup of wine to drink from and surprisingly velaena was desperate to get some liquid courage down her throat.

Velaena remembered her mothers and daemons wedding day. It was just after laena and Laenor had died, that was the only thing velaena hated about it. The fact it took them so fast to move on. But velaenas wedding was very similar to her mothers, that's why she knew what to do.

Aemond was the first to drink from the cup, then it was velaenas turn. She thought this was quite odd but she didn't want to doubt it considering it was tradition. The wine tasted more unusual than normally, it wasn't too bad.

"We stand here today to thank, to praise, to join two souls as one" The septon spoke rather tiredly. He clears his throat before speaking again, "Father...smith...warrior... mother...maiden...crone...stranger".

"I am hers, and she is mine,from this day until the end of my days. Whatever may come" aemond says without a second thought. he smiled tightening his grip on velaenas hand. He couldn't help but smile at her, it felt like a dream. The hall began to grow warmer, and the dress velaena had on began to irritate.

"Velaena?" The man asked making her snap back into reality. "It's your turn to do the same".
And that was when she began to think, deeply and thoroughly. If she said the oaths back , she would be aemonds wife and have to bend down to the rules as a wife. But if she said didn't , she could flee on Dallax anywhere in the world, she would be free.

"I am his, and he is mine, from this day until the end of my days. Whatever may come" she repeated back to him, her eyes glistening in the sun. she smiled back squeezing aemonds hand even tighter. She knew the fantasy of being free would never happen, She was officially his wife and he was officially her husband.

The man stood back before finishing what he has to say " here in the presence of gods and men, I proclaim the bonding of Aemond of house targaryen, and Velaena of house Velaryon to be man and wife. One flesh,one part,one soul, now and forever!" He finished.

There was a moment of silence before aemond stood closer to velaena, her heart was beating out of her chest as she knew what was going to happen.He took her face in his hands and waited for her to give approval before kissing her lips. The kiss had only lasted a few seconds but it felt like an eternity, she wanted it to be an eternity.

He pulled away from her lips making velaenas lust for him grow, but she was shortly interrupted by the crowds cheers.They cheered and celebrated the newly weds as they faced the crowd.

"aemond" velaena turnt towards him but alicent butted in congratulating the two before she took him away from his new wife to have a talk to him instead of letting the two talk.

And so she stood there. Everyone dancing and singing around her but she didn't know who to go to. She wanted to talk with aemond, but yet again that wasn't going to happen.

"Hello princess" a voice says from behind her. She turned around to see harwin standing their in his uniform and it's as shiny as ever. "how does it feel to be married?".

"could be better" she shared. He gave her a sympathetic look as if he knows what it is like. "I'll be back, I'm going to find my mother" she excused herself before walking through the crowds. She didn't want to be seen talking with Harwin for too long otherwise that will be the talk of the night.

"Velaena!" Someone called out to her, the crowds were too busy dancing and singing that she couldn't see who was calling her. A hand then gripped round her wrist before pulling her away from everyone else.

"Mother!" Velaena exclaimed when she saw who had pulled her away. Rhaenyra stood there admiring her daughter, her only daughter. The realisation had hit Rhaenyra when she saw her walk down the isle, that she will never get her daughter back.

Baela,Rhaena,Jace, and Luke all came running over before Rhaenyra could get a word in. The four of them all swarmed velaena and threw complements at her, well all except jace. He just stood there, smiling.

"im proud of you, you know that right?" He asked her and that shocked velaena. Yes her brother had always loved and looked out for her but to hear him say he's proud of her, especially after she had just married the enemy.

They all headed back towards the dancing crowds and for a while she forgot that it was her wedding , or the fact she had not seen aemond since the beginning. All she done was dance, she danced until her feet were sore and her chest was heavy.

Helaena had even joined in with the dancing, her and velaena held each others hands and twirled around. This was the most contact they had Since before she left all those years ago.

"you're breathtakingly beautiful, velaena" helaena breathlessly said continuing to dance. But velaena paused,stopping in her tracks.

"I'm glad you're okay, I hope you was treated right" velaena sighed hugging her, she knew helaena was treated horribly, she even saw it from time to time but could never do anything about it.

"I'm a mother, and it is the best gift out of it all" she smiled before talking a step back, and looking out past velaenas shoulder.

"Helaena" a voice from behind velaena spoke out, she turned to reveal it was aemond. People hadn't seen him since the beginning and was wondering if he was a run away groom but yet he stands before her."aemond" Helaena whispers back, before going quiet and walking away.

And that's when suspicion arose in velaena, all these years she was gone away was there a possibility he had found another? And worst of all was it helaena?

If this were to be true velaena would be angry, Firstly because of how mad aemond was at her for having aemion but secondly because she didn't want to take the one good thing away from helaena, especially if that was what kept her going all these years.

"aemond, how nice of you to finally join us. Did you have a nice wonder around while you left me alone?" She questioned him rather angrily.

"Velaena, please don't be mad with me. I'm new to this like you" he pleaded with her before a clinking of a glass game from the top table. It was king Viserys, he was wanting everyone's attention yet barley anyone was listening. Rhaenyra then stepped in which did catch everyone's attention before letting her father take over again.

"Please take your seats, food will be served" he coughed and everyone rushed to the tables, there stomachs craving for something other than wine.

Velaena took a seat at the table next to aemond, He was sitting and to the left of him, alicent,Viserys helaena,and aegon where standing there rather impatiently. And on the other end of the table next to velaena was Rhaenyra,Daemon, Luke,jace,Baela and rhaena. All of her loved ones where there, including ser harwin who was hidden away in the back corner.

The servants brought out all the food you could think of, from Fruits and vegetables to delicious meats. You would never go hungry with this amount of food. Everyone was ready to dive into the food before velaena stood up.

"I want to thank you all for coming here today, to my husband aemond, i wish the best for our future together. I would also like to make an announcement" velaena raising her glass, alicent looked rather scared although she had no reason to be. "Any food that is not eaten today will be given to the poor, everyone needs to eat. Not just the rich" she smiled before taking a sip of her wine and sitting down.

"I too would like to make a toast" a voice said standing up, it was alicent. She stared directly at velaena giving her a small smile, "im happy that my son has married someone like velaena, she's a strong woman.I wish the best to you both" She raised her glass before drinking the wine and sitting down.

Aemond stared at his new wife, he knew she always had a kind heart.A few claps filled the hall air before the clinking of forks and knives hit the dishes stacked with all kinds of food. It made velaena feel sick the way some people were shoving food down their throats, how they acted like savages after not having food for a few hours.

At the end of the table where aegon was sat, he was drinking wine as fast as you could blink. He was long gone before the ceremony had started so it was a surprise he hasn't passed out yet.

Aemond took the knife from the table and brought it to the chicken placed in front of them. He sliced a thin piece of chicken before placing it on velaena plate, she hadn't even attempted to eat since she finished her speach. "You have to eat my love" he spoke out not realising what he said, it flowed out so naturally to him.

"I'm sorry, I did not mean to it fell out" he justified but it didn't faze velaena, quite frankly she hadn't even realise what he said. But after she had not responded back he realised she wasn't listening.

He took her face in his hand, making her look at him which had awoke her from her daydream. "It's okay velaena, i will keep my word from all those years Ago on protecting you and being the best husband. I want to make you happy, that's all I've ever wanted"  he claimed withdrawing his hand.

Alicent stood from her chair and walked over towards the newly wed couple before crouching between the two chairs. "Congratulations velaena, I Never got to say it earlier as I was busy with aemond. But now that you are finally married, we should be expecting some heirs soon" she smiled taking ahold of velaenas hand.

Velaena and aemond both fell silent, not daring to look at one another. They knew what needed to happen after the wedding, what they would have to do to consummate the marriage.

"well let's not rush them, they've only been married for a few hours" a voice stepped in, rhaenyra. She was always there to save velaena from the most awkward of situations and right now was one of those moments.

"but when the gods do bless you with a child of your own" Rhaenyra paused leaning into velaena so that only she could hear, "hopefully not anytime soon" she winked before sitting back up, "I wish you the best of health" she continued as normal.

Alicents stood back up and went back to her seat without saying another word, it didn't take a genius to know that aemond was her favourite child of them all so it was obvious she was expecting a grandchild from him soon.

"thank you" velaena smiled looking down at her mothers swollen stomach, it wouldn't be too long until her mother was to give birth. The only downside was that velaena wouldn't be there with her mother when she would give birth, she would be stuck here preforming her own duties.

"not too long now, the babe should be here soon" rhaenyra noticed velaena staring, she thought perhaps velaena was thinking of how that might be her soon, "I have a feeling it's a girl".

"visenya is the perfect name" velaena suggested, they both loved this name and thought it would be perfect.

The moon awoke, and the stars came out. Everyone was finished stuffing their faces full of food, and velaena had ordered the servants to go into town and give out all the left over food, there were tons of it left.

People had gotten back up to dance, sing, and drink wine and even velaena had a few glasses. She sat in her chair facing the crowd, her mother and daemon were slow dancing together. Every time velaena saw them look at each other she knew they were in love, true love and she hoped maybe one day she would get to experience it.

Jacaerys and Baela were sat at the table still, talking about dragons, helaena then joined them and shared her information about her bugs.  Aegon had passed out and Viserys had ordered the knights to bring him to his room so he would not be a disgrace.The music went from a slow, romantic song to an upbeat one. Everyone jumped in, hand in hand, dancing around the hall with not a care in the world.

"may I have this dance?" A sweet voice asked placing his hand out in front of her, "cmon vel you can't just sit here all night, have some fun!" He persisted.

"Fine, only for you luke" she stood up taking her brothers hand, leaving aemond to watch. Luke always made velaena happy, no matter how sad she was he always managed to make her smile. He took her hand and spun her around and sang with her.

Aemond didn't move, he just watched from afar. He watched how every strand of velaenas hair fell perfectly around her face, he watched how her dress swayed from side to side by each movement she made and even though she was terrible at dancing he didn't care, in his eyes velaena was perfect..

Hey guys! So I've re-wrote this chapter and have changed it/ made it longer so hopefully you'll enjoy it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 8.8K 52
Baelon II Velaryon is the son of Rhaenyra Targaryen. Just like his mother he was a strong willed dragon rider. Built for the clouds and forged for fi...
17.6K 361 18
She is the firstborn and only daughter of Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen. He is no more than the neglected second son of King Viserys I Targaryen. She...
677 27 13
Rhenee Velaryon, twin to Jacaerys Velaryon and daughter to Rhaenyra Targaryen and Laenor Velaryon who was rightfully Heir as she was born two minutes...
415 13 4
Rhaella Velaryon, firstborn daughter of Rhaenyra Targaryen and Laenor Velaryon, and the second in line to the Iron Throne. Rhaella has spent her enti...