Ice Room | Kookjin

By Jeon_Taejin13

This skilled doctor has keen powers of insight, but his hatred for omegas makes him treat them all coldly. He... More

Characters & Introduction
Prologue: Chapter 1
Prologue: Chapter 2
Prologue: Chapter 3
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 2

392 39 5
By Jeon_Taejin13

Author's POV:

Even though he think that, Jin's hopes are completely shattered. Seokjin, "No way..."

Taehyung, "Hm? Something wrong?"

"Wasn't Dr. Jeon a medical examiner from the Seoul Medical Examiner's office?!" The lab they were taken to has 'Jeon Jungkook' written on the board.

"Oh, did he mention that to you? Jeon's a professor for the forensics class here, and also a part-time medical examiner at the Medical Examiner's office. He basically spends most of his time doing judicial autopsies here, and goes to do administrative autopsies and inspections when he has free time."

"No one told me that."

"Well, he doesn't like betas and omegas but I'm sure you will be able to communicate with him alright."

"I don't even have an ounce of confidence in that. He just beat me up really good already."

Taehyung laughs. Seokjin feel helpless now that he realize that he need to face that Blizzard once again. "Professor Ki!" Taehyung notices a alpha with grizzled hair passing by, and stands up.

Professor, "Oh, if it isn't Taehyung-ssi."

"It's been a while. Seokjin-ssi, I will leave here to you. I'll be right back, but if Jeon comes back first, ask about the situation."

Seokjin, "Wha..." Th-That's not okay...! Taehyung talks cheerfully with the alpha named Professor Ki, as they walk down the hall. "Whaat...?" Taehyung. All he have to do is hear the autopsy report. Seokjin can do that. Seokjin can do it, but he have already stiffened up knowing that Dr. Jeon's coming. He'll watch some TV to distract himself. Seokjin glance over at the TV that is left on in the lab. The talk show's covering the death of Seon Construction's president. He made it into a large enterprise in just one generation. A video following President Seon's past plays, while prominent figures who knew him make comments.

Reporter, "'Kim Hiyo, Parliamentary Secretary for Land, Infrastructure and Transport, just responded to an interview'."

Hiyo, "'It's truly saddening. We lost a great individual who was the driving force behind this industry for years. I offer my sincere condolences'." It's not surprise that the largest construction company, and the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism are close. This alpha has been on TV a lot lately. Disputes with local residents for a suburban city planning has been rumored about, and this alpha seems to be the center of discussion. He's always smiling and very popular. Alright, Seokjin think he's feeling pretty calm now. The moment he think that, the doorknob makes a clicking noise and moves.

"..." Jungkook stays silent as he's here...!

Jaejoong, "Seokjin-ssi, thank you for waiting."

Seokjin, "You're with him here, too?"

"Yup. I'm more like his assistant, rather than a trainee." Jaejoong paused. "...Dr. Jeon has a ton of work but no one else is available to assist him." He mutters. It seems like Dr. Jaejoong also has it tough.

Jungkook, "You are just staying here because you like it. Don't blame me."

"Of course I am here because I want to be here. Oh Seokjin-ssi, sit there, okay?"

"Thank you..." Seokjin state as he's glad it's not a one-on-one with Dr. Jeon. Contrary to the super rude Dr. Jeon, Dr. Jaejoong's really likable.

Jaejoong laughs, "You felt relieved just now, didn't you?"

"Th-That's not..." It's true!

Jungkook, "Sending a omega over again? What the hell was Taehyung-ssi thinking?"

"Thank you very much for earlier. I just came to accompany Taehyung-ssi."

"If it's not Taehyung-ssi, is it Jung's scheme..."

"Huh?" Jung...?

"Either way, it's still annoying. So, does Taehyung-ssi happen to be with Professor Ki?"

"Yes."

"..." Dr. Jeon doesn't change his expression as he begins creating a document. "So this means that our work here becomes waste."

"...What do you mean?"

"Higher-ups will tell us to rush autopsies for famous politicians and prominent figures, and also tell us to take our time. The same goes for the president of a major construction company. And I'm saying that it will be useless to leave that with such a young omega."

"Wha... It won't be useless!"

"..." Ignoring Jin...!

"Do you happen to think that even now, when I am visiting for work, is a 'waste of time'?"

"Yes. If it's with you, Kim Seokjin."

"..." The way Seokjin's looking at Jungkook probably isn't the right way to face a superior. Dr. Jeon doesn't seem to take notice as he opens up the file.

"Seon Euihwang, male alpha, 76 years old. His estimated time of death is between 10:00 PM to midnight, last night. The cause of death is thought to be Ventricular fibrillation from electrocution." So quick to change gears! Seokjin follow and also switch into work mode.

"So he died from electrocution... So does that mean it was a suicide?"

"Kim Seokjin, do not interrupt my explanation."

"...Sorry."

"Burn marks from electrocution without vital reactions were also observed. Basically, a third party has played a part." Murder. Wounds without vital reactions mean that someone gave him the injuries after he died.

Jaejoong, "Seokjin-ssi, the wound you saw on his neck, looks as though something was pressed hard onto it. But there aren't any traces of him being chocked, so it might be irrelevant to the case."

"We can't assure that. There are instances where a wound the size of a needlepoint can cause a large effect."

"That is true too..."

Seokjin, "Why did they go in such a roundabout way? Feigning a suicide in a place like that..."

Jungkook, "That investigation should be..."

"Our work, yes. Sorry. It's just that my thoughts slipped out of my mouth." Seokjin quickly snap back at him.

"..."

Jaejoong, "Seokjin-ssi, you might be able to become his assistant."

Seokjin, "No way!"

Jungkook, "I'd beg you not to. Just thinking about it makes me feel disgusted."

"I'm really glad you were here, Dr. Jaejoong. Truly!"

Jaejoong, "Wolves always tell me that when I am with Dr. Jeon. Thanks to that, betas and omegas are nice to me."

Jungkook, "I am glad we gave coinciding interests." It's only harmful for a omega like Jin! Even though Dr. Jaejoong's nice!

Taehyung, "Sorry... I'm late."

Jaejoong, "Oh, it's Taehyung-ssi. Seokjin-ssi is really funny."

Taehyung laughs. "Right?"

Jungkook, "No, right? Hurry up and take him back."

"Don't say that, look after him. That's why I brought him here."

"..."

Seokjin, "Umm, Taehyung-ssi. I have a slight feeling that he's super appalled by it..."

Taehyung, "He's made that way, don't worry about it."

"That's impossible."

Jungkook, "...It may not yield anything new, but the blood test results should come in 2-3 days. And 2 months if we include other bodily fluids."

Taehyung, "Alright. Got it." Dr. Jeon passes by him and stands in front of Taehyung.

"I have no intention of looking after a omega. It's your choice to send him over now that there's a case, but at least know that." How much does he hate betas and omegas...?

"He's not really feminine so it's okay?"

Seokjin, "...That's also weird."

"Oh... No. He's a omega. Don't take it in any weird way."

Jungkook, "However much he looks like a alpha on the outside, if he talks like a omega, there's no difference." There's a lot he want to talk back to, but whatever. Seokjin take a bow with a super sarcastic smile on his way out, and Dr. Jaejoong just laughs out loud.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

628K 28.4K 47
Jeon Jungkook, a young man, kicked out of his house for being gay...with shattered heart he continues to study medical as it was his late mother's wi...
105K 5K 35
rumors say that jeon jungkook is the most beautiful omega in the world, an amazing body, beautiful face, everything anyone could ever want, a thin wa...
172K 12.2K 32
Jungkook's pov He's ruthless. He's my new boss. And he's used to getting what he wants. I'm drunk when I send my job application to Kim Taehyung. "It...
50.2K 4K 43
An ice skating arena cleaner fell in love with an athlete there, always watching from afar every movement he made, he was always amazed by what he sa...