Starting Over

By Felicity_Cameron

Blake Halter is totally broke when he loses his only love Lucy Goodwin. His life revolves around her even aft... More

1. Facing People
2. Her Memories
3.Finding Happiness
4. The Story Retold
5. The trigger
6. The Unanswered Questions
7. The Mystery Unfolds
8. The Awakening
9. Getting Her Back
10. Do you still love me?
12. Back To The University
13. Go Cycling With her!
14. We're going to America?
15. Christmas at Halter Residence
16. Where Blake's heart lies
17. Will you marry me, Lucy?
18. The Engagement
19. We need to call them, Blake
20. Goodbye
Epilogue
Author's note
My Next Work on wattpad

11. The Prom night, again?

141 17 24
By Felicity_Cameron

unedited chapter

"He rested his pen, took one last look at her wedding photo and jumped out of the window.

'falling for you once again ' : The suicide note said"

                                                                                ~ terribly short tales

~*~

" She remembers the prom night", Blake said, looking at Eros . Kristine was staring out of the window, and on hearing this she turned and jumped in joy.

"We did it! It's just been one day and we-"

"Does she remember anything else?", Eros enquired, sitting down beside Blake. Blake shook his head.

"No, not yet", he said, disappointed.

"Oh God, you boys are so pessimistic. She remembers the prom night, now, isn't that great?", Kristine said, happily. Blake nodded lightly. Kristine looked out of the window, and then suddenly, squealed in joy.

"You're going to the prom night again", she said, grinning. "Yes, why didn't I think of this before?"

Blake and Eros looked up at her.

"The prom night, again? No, off course not, Kristine...", Blake said.

"It was SEVEN years back", Eros stated.

"Exactly. And she remembers it. So if we do it again there is a possibility that she remembers a bit more", Kristine stated. Eros and Blake remained silent, thinking over what Kristine had said. They realized it made sense.

"Yes, but going to the prom night again—", Blake began.

"Okay, so its final. Today evening. Lucy and you are going for a prom night!", Kristine said, smiling.

"No—"

"Oh , shut up, now!"

~*~

"Luucyyy", Kristine sang, as she entered Lucy's room. Lucy was sitting on the bed, reading a book. She looked up at Kristine and smiled.

"Hey Kristine", she said. Kristine smiled and sat down beside her .

"I've got good news for you", she said.

"Yeah? What is it?"

"You're having a prom today. It's your prom day", Kristine said. Lucy raised her eyebrows at her.

"Suddenly a prom night?"

"Yeah"

Lucy smiled. "I don't have a partner, a dress or anything that's needed for a prom. Besides its too sudden", she said.

Kristine laughed. "You don't have to worry about the dress. Its arranged. And as for your  partner, Lucy, let me tell you. You have the world's most spectacular guy as your partner. You have Blake Halter".

Lucy blushed. "Blake?"

Kristine smirked. "Doesn't look like you have a problem. That's great. He'll pick you up at seven", she said, getting up.

"No, Kristine, listen-", Lucy began.

"And yes. I'll come here by five - thirty.", she said and walked out of the room. Lucy sat there, spellbound.

~*~

"Are you sure she'll go?  She didn't say a yes , though", Blake said.

"Blake. She can never say a no to you. Stop worrying. Eros get him ready. I'm going to Lucy", Kristine said, picking up numerous bags and a gown from the bed.

"Roger", Eros laughed , as Kristine walked out of the house and walked across to Lucy's.

"Lucy!", Kristine said, getting inside her room. Lucy looked up at her and smiled.

"Let's get ready, okay?", she said. Lucy remained silent, then nodded. Kristine handed over the gown to her, and she changed. Then, she held her hair up, making it into a bun, leaving two strands out , and fixing it with flower shaped clips. She slid bracelets through her hand, and fixed her dress. Finally, after an hour, she smiled.

"You look beautiful", Kristine said. Lucy looked at herself in the mirror. She had worn a trusty  full- length white and blue gown, and a smile. She looked simple, beautiful. And there was one thing she didn't know. Kristine had dressed her the same way, when she was thirteen.

The bell rang downstairs. Kristine held Lucy by her hand and pulled her  , demanding her to open the door. Lucy slowly opened the door, and saw Blake standing there.

He looked stunning. He had worn a black tuxedo, and his blonde hair was neatly combed. His blue eyes looked at her with affection and awe, reminding him of the thirteen- year- old Lucy.  Lucy was awe struck by his beauty.

"You look beautiful", he said, smiling at her. She blushed.

"Thank you"

"Ahem -ahem. Go now you both!", Kristine said, pushing Lucy gently into his arms. Lucy straightened up as she looked at Blake. Eros walked towards Kristine and pulled her close, as they saw the both of them walk down the street.

Blake and Lucy walked in the comforting silence of each other for some time.

"So where are we going?", Lucy said after some time.

Blake grinned. "To a street"

"Street?", Lucy asked. Blake chuckled. "Yeah"

We sure have unique memories, Lucy thought , amused.

Blake stopped after some time. They were there.

The street was the same that night, silent and isolated. Only this time, street lights stood by each other, making it look bright under the starry night sky.

It was starting. Their magic.

Blake got up, and extended his hand. "May I have the honor to dance with you, Lucy?", he said, softly. But to his surprise, a drop of water fell on his head. Then another. And then, water poured above him. It was raining. Heavily, all of a sudden. Blake's hand dropped. It's ruined. There's no point. He ran his hand through his already wet blonde hair.

"I'm sorry, Lucy.. Let's find shelter", he said, disappointed. Lucy shook her head and smiled. She got up and held his hand.

"We're gonna dance, Blake", she said.

"No, Lucy , we can't-"

"Yes, we will", she said, taking his hand and moving around gently.

Blake looked into her eyes. They looked back at  his, assuring him. He slowly slid his hand around her waist, pulling her close to him gently. And as the rain poured from above, it seemed to have being washing away their sorrows.

They danced on the street, turning, twirling. They looked like a beautiful couple, under the night sky dazzling with stars and pouring the rain. They danced under the lights, slowly moving into the shadows. All they needed was each other, and other things would happen.

"So this is what happened that day?", Lucy said softly.

"Yeah, only it wasn't raining", Blake replied. Lucy smiled at him.

"I think it's better."

"It is?"

"Yes, I like it this way.", she said.

"Well, its more normal at least", Blake said. Lucy laughed.

"Normal? I'd call this...different"

Blake smiled at her. Yes, Lucy. It's different. Just like you. Blake was content that day, unbelievably content.

Lucy slowly placed her head on his shoulder. He rocked her along with the music, moving slowly across the street. Moving along with her, taking small steps with her.

How beautiful it looked. And behind a street light, away from them, under an umbrella, Eros and Kristine smiled. They looked at each other and nodded.

As Lucy and Blake danced , oblivious of what was going around them, lost into each other's eyes, Eros and Kristine knew one thing.

Yes, Lucy was falling for Blake again.

Yes, they were falling for each other, yet again.

~*~~*~

<3 :D Okay, a step ahead! I hoped you liked this chapter, I tried to make it different .. This is one rain I wish never goes :P

Next chapter: Back to the university

Please don't forget to vote and comment! ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 2K 57
She loves him and he loves her. But that is as friends of course. Blake Gray and Ethan Bradley are the closest of friends living their young, wild...
38.8K 1.2K 38
Two siblings that fall in love to the same person. What will they do if they find out that they have feeling in just one person. Who would let go for...
34.9K 1.1K 33
"Grief knits two hearts in closer bonds than happiness ever can; and common sufferings are far stronger links than common joys" -- Alphonse de Lamar...
49.9K 3.4K 26
"Sometimes you have to learn to love yourself before you can love someone else." Ellie Sparks stands out in a crowd... in all the wrong ways. From bi...