Where? (Sinbad)

By tomorrowsbitch17

"Catching me again, huh?" "Only because you keep falling for me~" I DO NOT OWN MAGI; I DO OWN THE COVER FOR T... More

Some Info
1. First Day Jitters
2. Routines
3. Unexpected Changes
5. White Ashes
6. Silhouette of the Sea
7. The Room of Treasures
A/N Update Schedule
8. The True Victor
9. Setting Sail
10. Ocean Blues
11. Cold and Cloaks
12. The Heart of the Village
(A/N) Little Notice
13. Lights and Festivals
14. Night Crawlers
15. Uninvited Guest
16. Runaway
17. Right of Passage
18. Lost in the Ice

4. Will Time Tell?

125 1 0
By tomorrowsbitch17

Eve spent a while explaining everything that had happened the previous, minus a lot of the stuff with her parents. The only thing she'd mentioned of her parents was that she hadn't seen them in a while, and she didn't say anything about the letter.

"I see..." Rose mumbled as she looked at the ground.

Rose and Charlotte hadn't said much while eve was explaining everything.

"But I don't understand why Zoe would blame you for starting the rumors when you didn't even know about her dad's situation," Charlotte questioned.

"Who knows," Eve spoke softly. "Whatever the reason, she refused to believe that I didn't do it."

The room fell silent as the three of them just sat there, thinking. Tension rose in the room, and Rose didn't like how far south the conversation was going. 

"Hey, I have an idea!" She stood looked at Eve and Charlotte excitedly. "Tonight, everyone's going to that new cafe that just opened for a small get-together. Why don't you come with us? It'd be a lot of fun and a good way to get your mind off of Zoe!"

"You know what? That's not a bad Idea, Rose," Charlotte agreed, standing up with her. The two of them looked at Eve questioningly. "What do you say?"

Eve sighed before standing up with the two of them. 

"Alright," she caved. "But... I don't know what to wear."

"Oh, we can fix that..." Rose chuckled. Eve exchanged looks with Charlotte, whose expression literally defined 'whatever'.

The three of them walked upstairs and had Eve try on several different outfits. They decided that dresses were a no, much to Rose's disappointment. Thick sweaters were a no, as Eve said they would be too hot, as well as no hoodies for the same reason.

After half a hour of trying on clothes, they eventually decided to go for a simple but cute outfit. It was an over-the-shoulder white crop top with ruffled layers at the top and ripped jean shorts that cut off about mid-thigh. For shoes, they decided on a black pair of low-cut boots with light gold accenting.

After deciding on an outfit, the group moved onto fixing Eve's hair. Charlotte went and found Eve's hair curler, plugging it in and letting it heat up, while Rose was gently brushing through Eve's locks.

Eve stayed still as the two girls delicately curled her hair with he curling iron. Her curls bounced gently as they were released from the heat of the iron before Rose and Charlotte used a wide comb to brush through it, separating the curls while not losing the waves.

Despite Eve's protests, Rose and Charlotte insisted on helping with her make-up. Though it wasn't hot, it wasn't very cold either, so the pair decided they would do light make-up. They smeared a thin layer of foundation on her skin, gently patting it out with a make-up sponge before adding a small amount of concealer, particularly under her eyes. They carefully added some light eye shadow over her eyes to give them some more color, they said. 

With a little bit on convincing, Rose and Charlotte, mostly Rose, managed to get Eve to agree to some very thin liner. For the finishing touches, the girls added some blush and powder, blending it in softly. Rose seemed ecstatic to be able to help, and Charlotte seemed happy to see Rose happy and Eve agreeing to go out with the group.

Eve would never admit it out loud, but she was really happy that she'd agreed to go, and that she was going with friends who were really happy to be around her. She was happy to be around them as well, she enjoyed their company and the fact that they went out of their way to help her. 

Maybe her house wasn't so lonely after all...

..................

After locking up her house, the three girls walked out onto the sidewalk. Everyone was excited, including Eve. While they walked, Rose began talking about the cafe they were headed to, blabbering on about how fancy and modern it was and how the boys probably already got them a table reserved. 

"A reservation? For a cafe?" Eve questioned.

"Yep. That's just how busy it is," Rose replied.

Charlotte hummed softly, agreeing but not directly saying anything. Eve looked up at the sky, seeing the sun begin to fall just above the horizon. It wasn't quite sunset yet, but she knew it would be in a matter of half an hour or so.

Rose kept on talking about random things that'd happened while Eve was out, Charlotte commenting on things she said as she went, until eventually they reached the cafe.

It was a lot smaller of a cafe than Eve had expected, but it definitely still looked modern. Tall windows coated one side of the building, while the other had two smaller windows surrounding the door. 

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Rose asked, walking up to the door. "I'm sure the boys are waiting inside!"

Charlotte agreed and walked up to the door with Rose. Eve stayed back for a moment and smiled softly. After Rose called her name, Eve ran up to the door with them, taking their first steps inside the building.

Once inside, they all took a deep breath. The air of the cafe felt different; a sweet jasmine smell filled the room, they noted, as they stepped in. There were booths on the far end of the room, and smaller tables closer to the windows. The counter was at the far end of the store, near the booths. 

From across the cafe, they trio looked and saw the boys in one of the booths with a stack of a dozen donuts on the table in front of them. Rose smiled and waved at them, with Charlotte and Eve doing the same.

The three of them made their ways over to the booth, sliding in and taking a seat, with Charlotte in the middle, Rose next to Charlotte, and Eve on the end. Andrew sat on the end, across from Eve, and Caleb was next to Charlotte in the middle.

"So, hey, what's up with you missing school today?" Andrew asked, taking a bit out of a donut.

"Just... some drama..." Eve replied, gripping the back of her neck.

Andrew was about to ask more, but Charlotte shot him a glare, gesturing for him to change the subject. Rose grabbed a donut and munched on it happily as Eve sat quietly for a bit.

"Anyway..." Caleb started, sensing the tension and wanting to move away from the touchy subject. "I have a bit of an announcement."

Charlotte was about to ask more when a blonde girl appeared at the table. 

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late," Katie apologized as she sat down on the end, with Andrew scooting over to make room. "I kinda got caught up in some traffic."

"No worries," Eve assured.

"Like I was saying," Caleb started up again, clearing his voice. "I got promoted... to soccer captain!"

The whole table cheered for him as Andrew threw an arm around his shoulder and laughed happily. 

"I always knew you could do it!" He teased.

"Way to go!" Katie cheered.

"I'm so happy for you!" Rose chirped up, handing Caleb another donut.

"Nice job," Eve chimed in.

The table quieted down and everyone began eating the donuts the boys had ordered and laughing. The night was going great and everyone was having a really good time, laughing at random parts of the conversation and Eve genuinely felt happy that she'd decided to come.

"Hey if you're on the football team, shouldn't you be on a strict diet?" Charlotte teased as she pointed to Andrew.

Andrew's face reddened as he began waving another donut in her face. "Hey! I work hard for the team! I get at least one night to have a little fun!"

Andrew took another bite of his donut, as if proving some major point, to which the whole table laughed again. The table was laughing before the sound of the door's bell chiming broke off Eve's attention. 

Walking into the door in a light gray cropped sweater and black leggings, was none other than a certain blonde that Eve was all too familiar with. Zoe looked around for a few moments as Eve quickly adverted her gaze to the floor.

"Hey, Zoe!" Katie called out, waving Zoe over. 

Zoe walked over and Eve quickly stood up, moving past her. Her hand unconsciously moved to her cheek where she could almost feel the slap again. Rose and Charlotte's eyes widened as Eve began quickly walking towards the door of the cafe.

"Hey."

Eve stopped in her tracks as Zoe's voice rang out in the room. Eve didn't turn back, not wanting to see Zoe again or have to think of what she said. Eve took a deep breath as she heard the soft click of Zoe's heeled boots coming towards her. 

"You still never apologized." Zoe stated as Eve began to take another step before Zoe grabbed her wrist.

"There's nothing to apologize for," Eve replied calmly. Zoe's grip on her wrist tightened and Eve resisted the urge to wince.

"Don't lie to me. I know it was you!" Zoe began to raise her voice.

"I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about," Eve gritted her teeth as she felt Zoe's nails dig into her wrist.

"Hey, both of you, calm down!" Andrew stood up along with Caleb as everyone was now staring at the two of them.

"Let go of me, Zoe," Eve stared at her. Zoe held her eye contact, the both of them unrelenting. 

Zoe tightened her grip on Eve's wrist once more before letting go of it, the two of them still glaring daggers at each other.

"Hey!" 

The group turned to look at a middle aged man behind the counter. 

"If you two are going to fight, don't do it in my store! Take it outside!" He pointed to the door.

"It's fine," Eve called. "We were just leaving."

Eve walked out of the store quickly with Zoe following close behind.

"You ready to apologize now?!" Zoe yelled angrily and Eve stopped. Small drops of rain began to fall, crashing against both of their faces.

"I already told you! I didn't do it so there's nothing to apologize for!" Eve yelled back. 

"You're lying to me again," Zoe called angrily. The rain was beginning to fall harder now, large drops of water splatting against the ground. "Just admit it was you!"

"I won't admit to something that you and I both know isn't true!" Eve cried. "Why can't you just believe me?!"

"Because you're lying!! I know it was you who started spreading those rumors about me and I know you hate me just because you're richer than me!" Zoe screamed at me.

Eve scowled and began walking up towards the corner of the street. She walked up to the post for the sign change against the crosswalk and pressed the button. She stood silently facing the street, watching as the cars flew by and heavy rain drops fell against the ground. Eve knew her clothes were completely soaked by now as she felt the col rain brush against her skin.

"I'm right, aren't I?" Zoe cooed. "You won't even look at me because you know I'm right! You hate me because you have more money than me!"

Eve quickly turned around, tears no longer pricking her eyes but now streaming down her face, mascara running down her cheeks. "Why would I hate you?! You were my best friend and the first person here who actually understood me and wanted to be my friend! You were here when no one else was! You were my friend... and I thought that actually meant something to you."

Zoe stopped and stood still for a second silently.

"You were the first person I met here who didn't instantly shut me down. Even when my parents off and disappeared, you were still here! You never left me. Yeah, I'm an ass, maybe a little bitchy, but you still stayed." Eve was silent for a moment, Zoe still didn't say a word.

"Zoe, I never cared if you had more or less money to me. Money as never really been important to me... but you were. You were always there when I needed you. And I'm sorry to hear about your dad, I hope he gets better, I really do, but I didn't start those rumors about you." Eve looked Zoe directly in the eye.

"I would never do that to you, and... I'd hoped that you wouldn't ever do something to betray me, either... but I guess that's just not how things work, huh?" Eve asked, smiling sadly, heavy drops of rain soaking her hair. Her make-up was ruined and her hair was even more of a mess than it was when Rose and Charlotte had arrived.

"Eve... I- I'm sorry-" Zoe started.

"No," Eve cut her off. "You don't get to just but in. You started this conversation, now we're going to finish it."

Zoe frowned and felt her hand curl into fists frustratedly.

"I told you before, didn't I? I wouldn't ever betray you. I said I didn't start those rumors about you, and you didn't believe me. So, tell me, why should I believe that you actually mean your apology?" Eve tilted her head and laughed half-heartedly.

The sky was dark and a flash of lightning lit up Eve's face, revealing all of her tears and ruined make-up to Zoe. Zoe's eyes softened sadly as she saw just how truly upset Eve was.

"Eve, I mean it, I'm sorry!" Zoe called, having a hard time hearing Eve over the heavy rain. "I should have believed you the first time." 

"Yeah, real big of you to apologize now, when it's already too late. It's a shame, maybe if you'd decided to believe your friend over thinking that I'd betray you, you'd still have your friend."

Zoe's breath hitched for a moment, listening and letting the words sink in.

Eve quickly turned back to the road and began walking down the crosswalk, seeing the white walking figure on the sign on the light sign post across the street. Eve walked past the the first stopped car, tears still streaming down her face as she wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. She was onto the second lane of the street when she heard a voice call back to her. 

"EVE!!" Zoe's voice screeched.

Eve turned back angrily to yell at Zoe again, but Eve froze when she looked in front of her. Every muscle in her body refused to move despite her mind screaming at her to do something. Eve's feet were planted in the ground, unable to move as she heard Zoe's voice screaming in the background. 

Eve almost felt like she wasn't there, like she was seeing everything unfold from someone else's eyes, but she wasn't. She was right there, with a blindingly bright pair of headlights headed straight for her.

That's when everything went dark.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 217 18
*I DO NOT OWN MAGI: THE ADVENTURES OF SINBAD I AM JUST A HUGE FAN AND SIMP OVER THE ANIME* *This is a OC x Sinbad* After Sinbad's trip to Artemyra t...
971 15 16
I can't remember you. I sometimes have dreams about you when I sleep. They're flashbacks from back then. Who are you? What did you mean to me? I can...
7.6K 319 27
This is a prequel to the main story Fate is cruel - Magi [Sinbad x OC], that I'll start after finishing this one. This story is based on the manga Ad...
61.3K 2K 34
Amir, King Sinbad's son, and prince of Sindria finally gets to leave the kingdom to travel along side his father. They travel to the trade kingdom o...