Betrayal

By Littlebitoffiction

In her fifth year, Y/N Granger meets the new guy Mattheo Riddle. They get to know eachother and get closer an... More

A/N
Y/N Granger - Mattheo's POV
Care for a dance? - Mattheo's POV
Getting to know Mattheo
Hermione's sister
The Ring
First Date
Occlumency
LEAVE! - Mattheo's POV
Y/N... - Mattheo's POV
The Astronomy Tower - Y/N POV
Is that all I am to you?
You're an asshole - Mattheo's POV
Home for christmas
Home for Christmas - Mattheo's POV
Dreams
Did you know?
Please believe me
I forgive you
Whatever it takes
The following week
Epilogue - Always and Forever
Bonus chapter: First time at Hogwarts

Y/N Granger

963 11 3
By Littlebitoffiction

A/N: This chapter starts just before the end of the first chapter and ends a bit after it. 

One more quiet moment. One last time sitting outside in the park near my house for the next few months. One last moment of not being Hermione's sister, but just myself. 'Hi Y/N.' I hear someone say. I look up to see that it's the little old lady from down the street of our house. She always walks here with her dog Daisy and when we see eachother, we try to have a quick chat before either of us need to leave again. 'Hello, Mrs Ella.' I look down to see a big Bernese Mountain dog running my way. 'And hello sweet Daisy.' Daisy jumps with her front paws on my lap to give me some kisses. 'I missed you too, Daisy.' I say to her while giving her some pets. 'How have you been, Y/N?' Ella asked me. 'I'm doing alright. Bit nervous for today, but otherwise I'm alright. How have you been Mrs Ella?' 'You know you can just say Ella. But, I'm doing alright as well. Still alive as you can see.' Ella said with a small laugh following. 'How come you're nervous about today, Y/N? You're not starting school already are you?' 'Yes, I am. I'm leaving this afternoon.' 'The first of september rolls around way too quickly every year.' 'It really does.' 'When are you coming back again?' 'I probably won't be back until Christmas. So, you have to take good care of yourself Mrs Ella and of Daisy, because I can't wait to see you too again in a couple months.' 'We always do, Y/N.' 'Now, I wish we could keep on chatting, but I have to go. The train waits for no one. I'll talk to you soon, Mrs Ella.' 'Have fun, Y/N!' 'Thank you.' 

I quickly walked back to my house, knowing that Hermione would already be stressed that I went out this morning. She always wants to be way too early everywhere and if we're not early enough, she gets hives. Well not really, but she makes it seem like she does with how stressed she gets. Once I reached my house, I took two deep breaths before opening the door. 'Where have you been, Y/N? We need to leave in ten minutes and you were gone when I woke up this morning.' Hermione was frantically grabbing her trunk, wand and Crookshanks, her cat that I very much dislike, but she loves. 'Relax, Hermione. I'm packed already and ready to go. I just needed to do something, before we left. But, I'm here on time to leave.' 'What did you need to do?' Hermione asked me with a questionable look on her face. 'Nothing important.' I didn't need her to know, that I just needed a moment to myself before going back to school. I don't dislike school, but it hasn't always been my favourite place to go. I ofcourse have my friends there, whom I can't wait to see. But, until I can see them, I have to hang out with Hermione and her friends, since we're meeting up with them before going to the Hogwarts Express. Her friends, Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, are nice, but they always treat me like a lesser version of Hermione. I'm just her "weird" sister to them and Hermione is the best person they can think off. And that goes for everyone at school, except for my friends. Hermione is called the brightest witch of her age by everyone and I'm just the other Granger twin. I guess, it's easier to just be a nobody instead of the person who everyone looks up to, but to see my sister be so loved, it just... hurts, I guess.
One thing that I do love about school, is that I'm not in the same house as Hermione. She had to be a Gryffindor, ofcourse, but I'm a Slytherin and that makes it so I can have my own friends who don't look up to Hermione, because they would rather die than look up to a Gryffindor. And I can't wait to see them again. I haven't seen or spoken to them in quite a long time, so I can't wait to catch up with them. But, before that, I have to leave to meet up with Ron and Harry. 

'Let's go Y/N. We need to go. Now!' Hermione was yelling at me from downstairs. I quickly grabbed my trunk and wand, made sure my black feathered owl Loki was locked in his cage and safe for travels. I ran down the stairs and saw that Hermione was already on her way out of the door. 'I'm here and I'm ready. Let's go.' I said as cool as a cucumber. 'Do you have everything?' 'Yes, I do.' I forgot my wand one time and now Hermione has to check that I have everything everytime we leave the house. 'Okay, good. Let's go. Ron and Harry are waiting for us.' 

We quickly got in our car and drove towards Kings Cross Station. Here we met up with Harry, Ron and Ron's family for a quick cup of tea, before getting on the Hogwarts Express. We started this in our first year, when we had no idea where to go and we met Mrs Weasley. Her older sons had already gone to Hogwarts before and so did she and her husband. My sister and I, are muggleborns, so for us it was all new. The Weasley's helped us find our way. While finding our way we met Harry, who was left alone to find his way as well. Ever since that first time, we have been meeting up before the train leaves, just to catch up with eachother. 'HARRY! RON!' Hermione yelled while running towards her best friends. I slowly caught up with them, while my parents greeted the Weasley's. 'Hello Harry and Ron.' I said friendly. 'Hi Y/N.' They both responded, before moving their attention back to Hermione, who was asking all about their summer. I turned around and faced Fred and George Weasley. They're Ron's older brothers and are also twins, just like Hermione and me. Only they are identical, while Hermione and I couldn't look anymore different from eachother. I don't know them really well, but they always know a way to make me laugh and keep me company until we can finally get on the train. 'Hi boys.' I said to them. 'Hey, Y/N. How was your summer?' Fred responded. 'It was alright. Too short, but that's always the problem. How about yours?' 'Same. Too short. but otherwise fun.' George answered. 'Did you guys play any pranks on Ron or the others?' 'Ofcourse we did.' They said in unison. 'We hid scabbers from Ron. Couldn't find him for hours.' Fred started. 'We dyed Ginny's hair blue.' George added. 'She wasn't too happy about that.' Fred stated. 'I can imagine.' I said while laughing. 'Oh and don't forget.' George started. 'We also bewitched Ron's broom, so he couldn't control it anymore.' 'He never got hurt, but it was bloody funny.' Fred added. 'Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun this summer?' 'We sure did.' Fred and George both said.

'Everybody! It's time to catch our train.' Mrs Weasley said loudly over all the talking. Everyone frantically grabbed their bags and started walking towards the enterance of platform 9 3/4. We walked through the wall and loaded our stuff onto the train. I walked over to my parents to say goodbye and went back on the train to find my friends. I had already walked through about 4 compartments, when I saw them. There they were; Pansy Parkinson, Draco Malfoy, Blaise Zabini, Theodore (Theo) Nott and... some brown haired guy I had never seen before. He wasn't one of my friends, but he was sitting with them. I walked into the compartment and was immediately greeted by my best friend Pansy. 'Hi babe!!' Pansy always calls me babe. It started sometime during our second year and she never let it go afterwards. 'How are you? I've missed you! How was your summer? You have to tell me all about it!' 'Pansy please, let the girl sit down first.' Theo said while laughing. 'It's alright Theo. I can handle her.' I responded while also laughing. 'But, before I answer all your questions, Pansy. Hi everyone, I've missed you guys.' 'Hi Y/N!' Everyone responded. After saying hello to my friends, I turned my attention to the brown-haired, kinda cute guy. 'Hi, I don't think we have met before. My name is Y/N Granger.' I stretched my hand out and the guy looked at it, shook it and then looked up at me, before responding. 'Y/N Granger... Nice to meet you. My name is Mattheo.' 'Nice to meet you Mattheo...' 'Riddle. Mattheo Riddle.' Riddle? His name is Riddle? That can't be family of Tom Riddle as in Voldemort, right? No it can't, he doesn't have any children or siblings, does he? I have never read anything about it, so I'm sure I heard it wrong. 'Yes, as in Tom Riddle. He is my father. He kept me quite a secret uptil now.' Mattheo said after I kept quiet. How did he know what I was thinking? Maybe it was just something a lot of people asked after he would say his last name. But, at least now I had my answer. 'It's nice to meet you Mattheo.' 

I sat down next to Pansy and opposite Mattheo. Before I could even put down my bag, I was again bombarded with questions by Pansy. 'So?? How was your summer?' 'It was alright. Didn't do a lot to be honest. But, I missed you guys. How was your summer, Pansy?' 'Nawwhh, we missed you too. My summer was amazing, I went to...' Pansy told me the whole story about her amazing summer. Only I couldn't quite focus on everything she was saying, because I felt some eyes burning on me and a weird tension in my head. While I was trying to listen, Mattheo was staring at me like I had stolen something from him. 'Can I help you?' I interupted Pansy and turned my head towards Mattheo. He kept quiet. 'No? Then can you please stop staring me down? Thank you.' I turned back towards Pansy and listened to the rest of her story. It might have been a bit rude how I spoke to Mattheo, but he made me feel very uncomfortable. 

After a long trainride, we finally made it to Hogwarts. We went to eat some dinner at the feast and afterwards we went back to our dorms. I've shared a dorm with Pansy since our first year, so once we entered the room, Pansy and I were finally alone. 'Finally some peace and quietness.' I said while sitting down on my bed. The first day of school is always so long with a lot of people everywhere, from Kings Cross Station to the train and to the feast. Our dormroom was the first place after that long day, that there's finally nobody other than Pansy and me. Pansy knows that I love seeing everyone again, but that it also exhausts me to have a day like this with so many people around me at every second, so she always tries to be a bit relaxter once we enter our room. 'How are you feeling, Y/N?' 'I'm just tired Pansy. It was a long day. And I can't wait to go to sleep soon.' 'Me too.' 'Hey Pans?' I said after we stayed quiet for a minute. 'Yes, babe?' 'What do you think of Mattheo?' 'The new guy? I don't know. I've heard a lot about him over the years, but I guess he looks different than I expected.' Pansy's parents are deatheaters, so it doesn't surprise me that she had heard about Mattheo before today. 'What have you heard about him?' 'That he would do anything for his father. And I mean everything. Even torturing and murdering. As long as his father asks for it.' 'He doesn't look like a killer.' 'No, I was thinking the same thing.' 'But, you know what they say, never judge a book by its cover. Maybe he's more like the rumours than we think. So, I guess we should tread carefully around him.' 'Yes, I suppose your right, Y/N.' 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.6K 449 25
A new student joins Hogwarts. Guess who it is? Mattheo Marvlo fucking Riddle. Tom Riddles brother. Y/n immediately envies Mattheo and he does the sam...
2.9K 50 33
The Other Riddle By multif2xo. Starting Date: 5/Jan/2024 Finished Date: Mattheo Riddle has NEVER been your type. He bullies you, Calls you names,etc...
13.7K 173 31
"๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ฐ๐ž ๐ข๐ ๐ง๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐ž๐š๐œ๐ก๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ?" Mattheo said. "๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ฐ๐ž ๐ค๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ ......?" I said. "๐Ž๐ก ๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ...
476 9 8
Evangeline Nott knows for a fact her fourth year at Hogwarts is going to be a challenge, but she is confident. She has met someone who believes in he...