Captured (A Modern Medusa Sto...

By immie_writes

Averista's gaze can turn everyone to stone. But then she meets a girl with no sense of sight . . . Incapable... More

CAPTURED
PROLOGUE: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 1: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 2: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 3: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 4 : AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 5: PHOEBE💙
CHAPTER 6: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 7: PHOEBE💙
CHAPTER 8: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 10: PHOEBE💙
CHAPTER 11: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 12: PHOEBE💙
CHAPTER 13: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 14: PHOEBE💙
CHAPTER 15: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 16: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 17: PHOEBE💙
CHAPTER 18: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 19: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 20: PHOEBE💙
CHAPTER 21: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 22: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 23: PHOEBE💙
CHAPTER 24: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 25: PHOEBE💙
CHAPTER 26: PHOEBE💙
CHAPTER 27: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 28: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 29: PHOEBE💙
CHAPTER 30: PHOEBE💙
CHAPTER 31: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 32: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 33: PHOEBE💙
BONUS CHAPTER💛
CHAPTER 34: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 35: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 36: PHOEBE💙
CHAPTER 37: PHOEBE💙
CHAPTER 38: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 39: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 40: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 41: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 42: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 43: PHOEBE💙
CHAPTER 44: AVERISTA♥️
BONUS CHAPTER💛
CHAPTER 45: PHOEBE💙
CHAPTER 46: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 47: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 48: PHOEBE💙
CHAPTER 49: AVERISTA♥️
CHAPTER 50: AVERISTA♥️
EPILOGUE: AVERISTA♥️
BONUS CHAPTER: PHOEBE💙
Special Thank You

CHAPTER 9: AVERISTA♥️

424 33 1
By immie_writes

I pushed the front door of our trailer open and barged in.

"Thank hell you're here," Mom sighed. "I was starting to get worried. What took you so long?"

I dropped the groceries on top of the table and caught my breath.

I felt like I had zombied my way back home. I could hardly remember putting one foot in front of the other at any point. I only knew that I got home.

I had drowned in my head. Thoughts going round and round, like an everlasting hurricane.

Why was I still thinking about her?–No, why was she not leaving my mind?

Our encounter kept replaying itself in my head like something pulled out of a movie, and I hated it. I hated myself for worrying about someone who didn't even know my name. Someone who probably didn't give two shits about my existence.

Yet here I was, wishing I had her phone number or something just so I could check if she got home safe and sound.

I wanted to be her guidance.

Not to make her feel like she was lacking or anything. No. Just to make her feel like she wasn't alone.

Why did I even care if she was alone? I shouldn't care.

Wait–Did she live somewhere around these streets? Was her home close by?

How did she end up in that dangerous situation? And what if I hadn't been there to save her? What would have happened?

Karma. Karma. Karma.

I wasn't a believer, but it appeared as if all that was happening was part of someone's plan. There was a mastermind who had plotted all this up.

It was like solving a puzzle piece.

Should I be glad that at least there's one person I wouldn't be able to freeze into stone?

"Avery?" My mother's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "Are you okay?"

I realized I had frozen right before her eyes and she had been watching me.

"Mh?"

"Are you okay?"

How could I even answer that? I was okay, but I also wasn't.

"Yeah," I gave her a nod. "I–um, I just need a little rest, I think. I need to go take a rest. I'm tired."

"Oh," Mom watched me, worried. "Go on. I'll wake you up when the food is ready."

I just wanted to be alone.

"Okay." I began my way to the bedroom, only for her to stop me with a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

I couldn't look her in the eyes, afraid she might read something she shouldn't.

"Yes, Mom. I'm just exhausted." I took her hand off of me and left the room.

When I dropped myself on my bunk, I thought of how Dativa had insisted that I had a crush on the blonde queen.

For a minute, I wished it didn't show. I wished I could just stop looking at her all the time and that she stopped catching my attention with her presence. I wished Dativa couldn't read it on my face and that I could keep my damn feelings in check and to myself.

Then suddenly I could see her looking back at me again in my head. The fear in her eyes when she was in danger and the way she cried for help.

I wished I wasn't a monster.

I wished I was a normal human that could actually be a friend to her.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Comment ❤️ Vote 🌟
Be unapologetic 😑
Break the rules ✔️
Prioritize yourself ‼️

your author,
immie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.7K 860 8
Riley is comfortable with being in the dark until Julia shows up with the way to start the light. She knows that she can't let Julia go but being in...
12K 279 39
Melanie Newman believed in happily ever afters. That was untill her parents forced her to break up with the person she loved the most. After that she...
544K 22.4K 35
Living with guilt and a broken heart, Lacey joins the military to drown out the memories of her past. But the time has come for her to return to the...
306K 10.5K 47
"I am going to kiss you." Her husky voice reached my ears making me open my eyes to meet hers again. Do it. "No. I do-don't want you to." I lied as...