Hard As It Is

由 180Stopthathoe

For Jahmir Jackson life ain't never been easy, dropping out of high school at seventeen, Jahmir had no choice... 更多

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Characters 2
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Thank you and Hi ☺️
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
New Story Alert ‼️
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Thank you for Reading!

Chapter 11

951 40 12
由 180Stopthathoe

Jahmir
"That nigga August can't never let a nigga be great," I slam my drawer closed, hearing Quez laugh at me. "What you and that nigga got into it about now?" He asks me, and I smack my lips.

"I ask his ass to be over the next drop, since he always saying he sees potential in me, like the nigga butters me up just to tell me I'm not ready!"

I spaz out my feelings to Quez while searching for the joint paper. 

"Damn that's crazy because he gave Shaq a role in leading the next drop," Quez tells me and I slam my draw shut.

"Nigga what?" Don't get me wrong I was happy that Shaq was getting recognition, but I did a lot for the gang to. I think I deserved to be head of the next drop.

"I ain't tell you that to get you all hot and bothered, even Shaq tried to pin the position on you, but August didn't allow it," Quez tells me as though that's supposed to make me feel better.

"Besides maybe August just don't feel like you're ready you know he has high standards for you maybe you not reaching them yet?" Quez pin points sitting up giving me a deadpan face.

"At this point and rate he need to stop setting them cause it's clear that I'll never reach em no matter what I do," I tell Quez letting out a sigh of frustration.

Quez gives me a reassuring face, "Well my nigga I know you're good at what you do even if that nigga August can't see it. Hell you might be a better leader than him one day." He tells me and that calms me a bit. Though I wasn't to sure about the running the gang part. That was kind of reaching it.

I push his ass playfully as he falls back on my bed laughing. I grabbed the weed and a pack of cigars, throwing them onto the bed along with a lighter. 

Quez sits up grabbing the cigars and an ashtray off the dresser on the of side my bed.  "Make sure you roll that bitch tight, yo ass suck at rolling, and the shit be falling out," I tell him sitting in one of my bean bag chairs. He sends me a glare, "Shut cho ass up." 

I laugh a bit, taking my mind off the argument with August. The smell of dope hits my nose, as I look over seeing Quez smoking.

"Pass me the blunt," I tell him as he exhales the smoke in a big cloud. He reaches his hand out at me and I take the blunt. I place the blunt between my lips inhaling slowly letting the smoke feel up my lungs and exit my nose. I remove the blunt from lips, parting them slightly to play with access smoke in my mouth. I blow out perfect rings.

"How the hell you do that?" Quez asks as I stop creating circles releasing the rest of the smoke. I shrug my shoulders, "I don't know it's just a trick." Quez shakes his head, "Arsistic Ass nigga!"

I frown up my face, "What the hell is a Arsistic?" I question him and he smacks his lips, "Fuck out of here with that you know exactly what I'm trying to say!"  He gets heated as I pass the blunt back to him.

"I don't know anymore you and Shaq seem to have y'all own dictionary. Y'all be speaking in tongues sometimes," I tell him laughing a bit as he gives me hard stare, on my bed in a horizontal direction. He blows the smoke out of his mouth.

"Whatever my nigga, not all of us can be book smart like you and yo princess Diana,"  Quez  lets me know not hiding the annoyance in his voice.

I smack my lips at him, "Don't play on her top like that, and watch yourself when you speaking on our name." 

Quez looks at me for a moment before I hear that Windex bottle laugh, "Whatever nigga."

I roll my eyes sitting back down as the door to my bedroom opens. Shaq walks in taking a seat in my desk chair, but not before taking the blunt out of Quez's lips. "Y'all niggas was gonna smoke it all huh?" He questions us plopping his feet up on my desk.

I reach over punching his leg not to hard but hard enough to hurt.

He groans putting his legs down.  "Don't walk up into my shit like you pay rent? How the fuck you get in here anyway?" I question Shaq who stares down at me a small smirk on his face, and his chocolate eyes gleaming.  "You left your door unlock nigga, by right that gave me permission as your brother to enter."

What? I don't remember leaving shit unlocked?  My eyes widen as I shake my head in disbelief did this nigga really?

"Nigga you-
I start to question before he speaks interrupting me.

"Chill Jet I'm a fix the lock before I leave I just wanted to see if I could still do it," he tells me and I place my face in my hands. Quez just found the whole thing funny as we spent an hour passing around the blunt until it reached roach size.  

After around thirty minutes into that hour my head started spinning as we joked around and laughed at the craziest of things.

"Bruh I'm seeing stars! There's like four million tiny ones on the your bedroom ceiling," Quez tells us seriously. I look up to try and see what he's seeing. However the only thing thats up there is my light, I stare at it a while, then back at Quez who tries to reach for whatever he's seeing. I look over at Shaq to see him looking confused as ever too.

"Quez ain't shit up there but a big ass light bulb," Shaq tells him standing up from the chair, walking by the bed side.

"Move your ass out of the way!" Quez groans trying to reach and push Shaq away.

Shaq looks back at me before grabbing the hands on his stomach. "Where you get this weed from?" He asks me and I smile, "No one I grew this shit myself, I got my very own garden."

The corners of Shaq's mouth pull upwards, "Word? So what you plan on selling your own shit?" He questions me stroking at his small stubble on his chin.

I shake my head, "Nah I just do the shit for fun an experiment, I'm not trying to start nothing." I tell him watching Quez sleeping. Shaq let's go of Quez's arm, walking back towards the chair. He sits down before telling me his voice coming off as sincere yet stern, "Jahmir, I don't think you should let anyone else know that you grow your own shit especially August." He lets me know and I turn my head to the side to stare up at him.

He wore a comatose expression, so I couldn't tell what he was thinking, but somehow I felt it, "Don't worry I don't plan on telling anyone, besides if August eventually decides I'm not worth the hustle, then I need to have something to fall back on. However in the end, either way I have deceived the nigga don't you think?" I cock a brow a small smile on my lips, though a curious one as I wait for his answer.

Shaq's  red eyes narrow for a second, " Be careful Jet." He tells me instead his eyes soften for a moment probably realizing what I said was the truth. He knew there was no point in arguing with me on it.

We fell into silence afterwards just smoking the rest of the blunt.

"I talk to yo girl this morning, she worried about you, because you haven't been at school?" Shaq questions me and I exhale the smoke. "I'll go tomorrow I've been busy with dealing, she knows this." I mentally sigh thinking on Tyasha. I felt bad knowing I was neglecting her but I was sacrificing to try and make it better for us in the long term.

I lean back on the bean bag staring at the ceiling. One of these days I'm a officially get us up out this hood, but for now I'm a deal my cards with the life I'm given.

...
My eyes sting as I blink them open staring up at the ceiling, the dim lights for a moment. When my eyes finally adjust,I look over to my side seeing Soul still sleeping.

I felt something cuffing my hand looking towards it shifting my body, I can see she was holding it with hers. I grasp hers softly, my eyes goes up seeing Amir still sleeping. Not only that but Souls other hand held his too.

I sit up letting go of her hand, it almost seem like an impossible task at first, but I had to use the bathroom first. I tried not to rock the mattress to much getting up. I look back to see Soul rolled over her head inches away from Amir's chest.

I stretch my limbs walking into the bathroom, I turn on the light closing the door. I turn on the water splashing some in my face a bit. I think on the events that's been happening the last couple of days.

And what Lorenzo said yesterday before fainting. What had he meant? Who am I a vision of? Could he possibly been talking about August? I shake my head that's impossible now that I think on it, August said something like that to me before.

He always had high expectations for me pushing me to go beyond my limit, as if he saw something or someone inside of me?

I open the mirror finding a freshly package of toothpaste and some toothbrushes.

I spit up the foam rinsing my mouth with the cold water. I think about the questions I asked myself, then my thoughts travel towards Amir and why I decided to form some kind of temporary partnership with him, mainly because I didn't want the cycle to repeat.

At least for now I don't have to worry about him doing anything irrational. What worries me right now is my own gang. Quez and Shaq, and how they must be loosing their minds.

How  would they react to all of this? I had no doubt they would trust me, but trusting your enemy? I don't know.

I know like damn well Amir still has doubts, but I'm grateful that he's at least being reasonable even if he still has it out for me.

I have no idea how to change that fact, and finding out that Donsilo who died by my hands, was Amir's Uncle didn't help this situation.

However I can't change what happened in the past, but what I can change it's what's going down in the present, to built a better tomorrow and future.

Even if in the end I still die.

After using the toilet I make my way out the bathroom to see Amir sitting up in the bean bag rubbing his eyes. His bottom lip stuck out to form a small pout. We stared at each other for a while.

I can't deny the nigga looked good in his white wife beater, and black Nike shorts.  He was one of those niggas that could wake up in the morning and look even folder than when they fell asleep.

I shake my head trying to brush past those reckless thoughts.

We don't say a word as I walk over to the chair sitting down on it. The door was already lock so we didn't have to worry about anybody barging in.

"In the end no matter how much I made that nigga Lorenzo bleed, he kept his mouth shut. It's frustrating, " Amir tells me his eyebrows furrowed.  My eyes narrowed, "Is he?"

"Nah he ain't dead just fainted," He tells me sounding annoyed at that fact.

You know you took that beating to far. What if something would've happen to him?" I tell him and he looks up at me with no remorse at all.

"What did that nigga mean you're a vision of him? Was he talking about August?" He questions me completely ignoring my question. I guess he's been thinking on what Lorenzo said to.

"I honestly don't know, but August used to say something similar," I let him know trying not to think on it to much.

Amir just stares at me with a blank expression, before the corners of his mouth pull up into a half smile. I wonder why he always smiles at everything?

This one almost looked as though he was mocking me.

"Besides, I'll never be a vision of August, he and I are different, the way we run shit, and the way we think,"  I let him know hearing Soul shifting her body under the covers.  I look back at her seeing her pull the covers closer to her chin snuggling against the pillow.

"We definitely not gonna be or do things like Maverick and August," Amir tells me, agreeing with me, but also confusing me. What did he mean be like them so I decided to question it.

"What you mean be like them? I think we're already like them since we both leaders of the opposite gang," I asked him confused and he just stares at me for some time before sending a soft smirk.

Stroking his chin his mouth parts slightly, "You don't know?"  I make a duh nigga face what is there to know more about August and Mavericks relationship?

Amir laughs shaking his head, "Never mind."  I smack my lips, "Don't say shit if you ain't gonna tell me nigga."  He sends me a hard stare, "Watch yo mouth Pa."

"Nigga you ain't scarring nobody as of matter of fact watch that damn nickname. My names Jahmir use it." I tell him not holding back the attitude. It seems these days everybody wanna lie and keeps secrets.

Amir licks his lips, "Yeah but you like it when I call you that?"  I scoff at him, this nigga was confusing one minute it was fuck me the next he undergo flirting.

He stands up walking past me into the bathroom.

I sit on the side of the bed kneeling down to put on my shoes. I feel Soul shift behind me looking back at her. I watch her sit up as she looks around, then at me. I smile kneeling down kissing her forehead. 

"Daddy? Amir didn't hurt you?" She asks me her big eyes looking so innocent. I pick her up as I stroke her head, "No he didn't hurt me," I tell her trying to comfort her.  "He was trying to wasn't he? I don't trust him no mo," She tells me squeezing the back of my shirt.

"You have nothing to be scared of Soul. I'll never let anything happen to you." I tell her rubbing the top of her head. My main priority was getting her away from this.

She shakes her head, "I'm scared for you daddy." She looks up at me grabbing the hand I had resting on top of her head.

"Soul-

"You have to promise me you won't leave me daddy." She demands me.  My voice cracks a bit, "I promise. If I'm not here who's going to take care of you." I tell her this as she hugs onto my waist.

I stroke the curls on her head, she's the only one who could make me feel so small yet so brave at the same time.

"Where's Amir now?" She questions and I sigh, "He's in the bathroom. Do you have to use the bathroom?" I question her and she nods her head. On cue the door opens and Amir steps out.  He looks at us both before wiping his face with the towel.

"Hey Soul Soul, you sleep well?" He questions her and she nods softly. Guess she still wasn't comfortable enough to talk, but she looks at me and I give her a small nod.

I motion with my head for her to go and she does, surprising me when she hugs his leg.

...Amir
"My daddy taught me forgive people , but you hurt him and I'll never forgive you." I hear her say to me, as I stare at Amir who looks confused.

I took a step back with my free left leg watching her latch onto my right one. My eyes soften as she releases my leg scurrying past me into the bathroom, before slamming the door.   I take a moment to process what she said.

In the beginning that was my intention to hurt him, but now after finding out about Nosotris, I have no time to focus on that right now.

I clear my throat, "You should get ready I have some clothes if you need something to wear," I say a little bashful at what just happened.

"What did she say to you?" He asks me curiously.  I place my pointer finger over my lip, "That's a secret."

..
"Doctor said it's okay for Lee to have visitors now, if you wanna go see him?" Slim tells me over the phone. "You at the hospital now?" I question the background noise. "Yea I came here as soon as I got the call," he tells me. I let out a sigh of relief, "Is Lee conscious?" I ask him  as I cut the sandwich diagonally.

"Yea but he seems pretty shaken up, I'm trying to get him to talk, but he want talk to me, says he rather speak to you." Slim tells me as I kneel to place the sand which in front of Soul who gives me a small 'thank you'.

"I'll be down there later today, I do have some business to discuss with him," I let him know. The line is silent for a moment before Slim asks me, "How's Jet and Soul? Their gang is worried about them? I hope you know they're planning on coming to the Trap, and I don't think they're just going to knock on the door either." 

"They alright, I haven't hurt neither of them. Also that's my plan, for Pa's gang members to show up on my block," I let him know and he lets out a coarse sigh.

"What's wrong?" I question him. "What you gonna do about the cops?" He questions me avoiding my question.

"Don't worry about the opps, I have connections. I'll tweak a few of those. In the meantime you continue to do what you do best."

"About that I don't know how long I can keep this up. Shaq is becoming suspicious of me and to be honest I don't blame him," He lets me know as I try to recall who that is?

"That's the nigga you staying with right?" I question, if this was my original plan I would've told him to off that nigga, but now I couldn't.

"Yeah and if you think I'm going to kill him than I suggest you rethink. I can't do that either not with everything else going on," He cuts into my thoughts as I narrow my eyes.

"I wasn't going to tell you to," I say to him.

"Yeah right I know how you think Amir, but think rational Amir Kingpin is not Gorilla Mobs main enemy now," He lets me know and my mouth twitches.

"I know that nigga and I am thinking rational, if I wasn't I wouldn't be working side by side with a nigga I despise," I let him know part of me feeling offended. 

"I'm not tryna say anything to piss you off, but don't do anything stupid, but anyway I gotta go now. Make sure you get down there too see Lee," he tells me as the line goes dead.

Lee.

For the past few days besides Jahmir and his daughter,  I avoided going to the hospital too see him. Partial of that was guilt, but the other half was anger. If Lee knew about Nosotris, and about how August and Dimitri died. Then that would mean he played a part in my uncle having to take the fall for it. Not only him but Marcello too.

I hear the floorboard creak as I look up to see Jahmir standing there. He had on one of my wife beaters and some gray sweats. Even though those were the smallest ones I had they still didn't quite fit his body.

I'm not saying Jahmir is a skinny nigga, he was just lean, and he held muscles, but I was more bigger in terms of muscle and mass. Plus even with that figure the nigga wasn't weak, he was able to take down some of my boys, and when we fought the nigga hit hard then a bitch.

When I study him it's kinda scary someone with his face, and personality, could ever be considered the leader of this cities biggest gang. Though when I finally seen him in action for the first time, I understood though it's hard to admit.

"You're eyeballs gonna fall out your head the way you staring so hard my nigga," he tells me snapping me out of my thoughts. I hadn't even realized I got lost staring at him. 

"I have an idea who we can get some more information from about Nosotris," I let him know as he sits on one of the bar stools.

" The man that got shot at in the grave site?" He questions me. I nod my head, "Yea they allowing Lee to have visitors, so me and you are going to go see him. Do you have anybody that you can intrust Soul too," I ask him as he nods.

"Shaq's grandmother." He tells me and I shake my head no.

"Jahmir this person has to be somebody that's not apart of your gang, or any family of a gang member. Nosotris are not just coming after our gangs but our families too, there's no guarantee that they won't attack our outside families too," he nods his head having understood what I just said.

"Then the only person I trust that's not apart of my gang is Cash, and don't worry she's discreet, not many people know about her," He reassures me smiling at bit. His face seem relax at the thought of her.

Must be a really good friend huh?

I'm worried about my gang, what if they decide to come while we're out?" He lets me know this interrupting my thoughts, and I stroke my chin while staring at him.

Was he worried about my gang? Or his family?  "You don't need to worry about your families safety, my members have already been given orders, and I'll take care of the cops."   I let him know but he shakes his head,

"I'm not worried about that we're supposed to be working together, but it's seems your gang are the only ones who knows. It doesn't have to be a bomb-rushing, people can get killed," He lets me know shaking his head. 

"So what is it you want me to do?" I ask him and he looks up at me, "What-  "You have to have a better plan if not don't question this one," I cut him off and he gives me a hard stare like it was fazing me.

"It doesn't even seem like you thought entirely hard on yours either Amir? Wanting my gang to come to your turf? Where's the plan in that? Or is it that you still don't trust in me enough," He tells me putting me on spot, and truthfully I couldn't deny a part of me did feel safer letting his gang come to us, but I also know that it's reckless.

"I knew it, but you need to learn to trust me a bit, so instead of my gang meeting yours how about you and me go to them. Explain the situation just as you did with yours, so that my people have a clear understanding. Then after that we'll merge the gangs together temporarily," he says to me standing up. His eyes held determination as if the nigga dared me to say no.

"And you really believe all those years of generational hate can be swept away with a few words?" I ask him seriously. Didn't he see how my gang reacted when I said we were going to merge temporarily?

"The Elders did, why can't we?" He asks me. This stubborn ass nigga. However I hate to admit he was right, his plan is better than being ambushed on my own turf.

I let out a huff, as I give him a mocked smile, "Don't go bossing me around." He glares at me, "I'm matching your energy my nigga. Don't worry a nigga won't tell them how you tried to get into my pants in order to betray me," He mocks me on the last part making me sneer at him.

"Get the fuck- 

"Hey." He tells me cutting me off his eyes look off too the side watching Soul eat while staring at whatever show she was watching on the tv.

I sigh, taking out my phone sending a quick text to Rhazi.

Change of plans I'm a meet with Kingpin instead of them coming to us. It's a better thought don't you think?

I wait a few moments before putting up the dishes. Jahmir was getting Soul ready putting on her shoes. My phone dings as I look towards it picking it up.

Rhazi
How can you be so sure it's not a set up?

Then we won't have to look for the murder would we?

He leaves me on read after that as I look up seeing Jahmir and Soul by the door. I clean up a bit before slipping on my shoes and grabbing my car keys off the table. My phone in the other hand as I let out a sigh.

"Let's go."

...
Jahmir
"Daddy?" Soul questions me as I push back a curl kneeling in front of her. She pouts up at me wanting to cry squeezing her fists at her side.

"It's okay, you're going to stay with Aunty Cash for a bit," I let her know kissing her forehead, before standing up coming face to face with a scowl on the woman's face. Her arms crossed across her chest.

"Nigga do you know how many people are looking for you! Where have you been? What happened to your face!" She questions me cuffing the part of my face with the bruise. I hiss backing away slapping her hand away softly.

"You had me worried Jah, I stop by your crib to talk to you to find you and Soul not there that was a few days ago, but Shaq said y'all been missing for a week," She cries out. Footsteps on the steps is what distracts us as we both look at Amir coming up the steps.

"Who are you?" Cash questions him, and I couldn't be less grateful he appeared if that meant not having to explain.

"I'm his nigga," Amir tells her and her face reddens.  "So you're the one that got my nigga tasting the rainbow," she questions and I smack my lips, "Shut up Cash."

"Well if you were hanging with your nigga that's all you had to say! Damn don't just up and leave cause you ain't out the closet yet at least let a bitch know,"  She tells me and I glare at her.

Though I'm grateful she left it at that, and she hadn't questioned the bruise any further.

Amir chuckles from beside me, "You're an amusing one aren't you." His eyes scrolls her as if he searching for something.  She must've notice cause she clears her throat, "I'll keep and eye on Soul for you Jahmir, but don't do something like that again." She tells me her face serious once more.

"I promise I won't okay," I tell her looking at Soul drawing my pinky out to her I promise her, "I'll be back in a few days, okay Daddy got handle some business." We pinky promise on that note, hopefully I won't break it.

I stand up straight before turning to walk away. Amir trails behind me. "Jahmir!" I was halfway down the steps when I heard Cash calling my name. Both me and Amir turn our heads to stare at the woman on the top of the staircase.

"Yo dumbass better not do no stupid shit to get your ass killed!" She scolds me but her voice doesn't lack concern as she gives an pained expression as though she's lost me.

I let out a simple laugh shaking my head, "Don't worry girl, I'll come back to you guys soon." I can feel Amir eyes on me as I look towards him, but when I do this he adverts his eyes the other way, turning his body to walk the rest of the way down the stairs.

"I'm a hold you to that promise." Cash lets me know turning walking back to her apartment.

"Your girl a beauty," Amir tells me his voice flat. I smirk, "She ain't mines but I know that already." "Whatever," he tells me plainly.

I sighed once again he's confusing.

..
"I'm here to see Lee Zhang," Amir tells the woman at the front desk. She stops typing on her computer staring up at him. "Are you in any relation to the patient or just a visitor?" She questions him. "I'm his family," Amir tell the woman who nods her head handing him the clipboard. "Just sign on the black line name, date, and person whom you are coming to see."

We both do as she say, as she takes the clipboard she makes sure to brush her fingers on Amir's arm.

Thirsty ass.

Amir takes notice licking his lips at her, this  causes her to cheese hard then a bitch. I clear my throat interrupting the both of them. The eye fucking ceases as she turns towards the printer, taking out the name tags.

She hands them to us and I pull the white paper off of mine sticking it against my chest.  Amir does the same as we begin walking towards the back. 

"He's on third floor in ICU." Amir lets me know as we walk into the elevator. He presses three, and I look for something to hold onto. I normally didn't like riding in elevators. I hold myself steady as the elevator lifts.

Once we reach the third floors the doors open and I let Amir take the lead following behind him. We pass by a few people who I nod my head to as they welcome us.

Amir approaches a wooden brown door with a short, petite, blond woman standing at the door. Clipboard in her hand as she writes on it, looking up every often to smile at the person who I assume was Lee. 

Her eyes trails her clipboard once more before she senses us and looks up. Her smile drops a bit, as she studies us before it returns. 

"Mr Lee, you have visitors. I'm gonna go and just make sure to press that button, if you need anything?"  She lets Lee know before scurrying past me and Amir. She nods at me before rushing away the sound of her heels clanking behind her.

"Slim I though I told you not to co-

Lee starts speaking his eyes closed as he presses on his nose. He opens his eyes finally pausing in his sentence.  I take my time to observe him, he reminded me of Sunny but stronger. He had his shirt off so his bandages were visible and fresh.

I look towards Amir seeing a pained expression, he almost looked as if he wanted to cry. Lee must be important to him.

"Amir?"  Lee finally says breaking the silence a small smile on his pale lips. His eyes drags towards me. They widen, "Jahmir?" He looks between us before sitting on the chair.

"Close the door Amir, I'm sure you want an explanation," He tells Amir gesturing towards the door. Amir closes it and I take note that he hasn't said anything since we been in here.

However neither have I. 

"A-are you feeling okay," Amir voice cracks as he asks Lee this. My eyes widen at how quick his personal changed. Looking at how small he looked I could never think he could kill someone.  

Lee sighs, "I'm alive but how have you been holding up? I know for a fact that you two formed an alliance. You guys trying to go against Nosotris?" Lee questions us his smile dropping as he gives a look of pity.

"I know you must be confused Amir, but understand it wasn't our intention to hurt you in any way," he pauses before taking a deep breath, "Don't look at me like that."

I look towards Amir seeing his expression vile as if he wanted to lash out any minute. Lee leans forward in his chair, extending his arm forward to grasp Amir's shoulder.

"You were never going to tell me huh? You weren't going to tell me shit huh!" Amir's voice breaks a bit removing Lee's hand off his shoulder.

I couldn't really say anything, it wasn't my place to say anything. However I watched and listen to Lee tell him, "I promise I was going to eventually tell you, in fact before I was shot, I was on the phone with Lorenzo discussing how to tell you."

Amir shakes his head, "You had plenty of time, you and Marcello, but instead you left me to believe that August was killed by one of our members, and my uncle had to take the fall for it."

A pain shot through my chest hearing him open up. Amir's eyes sparked pain, as I watch his adams apple bob up at down. Trying to hold back his tears. 

Lee on the other hand let his fall, shaking his head, as he reaches to wipe the ones that fell uncontrollably.

"We were forced at the time we were a small gang. Smaller then Kingpin and damn sure smaller than Nosotris. When I tell you we had to make sacrifices, even at the stake of lives. It's because we had too. It was the only way to ensure that your generations live on," He looks between us both speaking to us softly but stern enough to get his point across.

"I understand I was wrong, and Marcello too. And I'm not sure if  August and Demitri understood at the end of their life, but I know that if given the chance. Those two would've did things differently. I'm sorry that Donsilo had to take the fall Amir."

Lee looks at me saying, "If you two are going to merge the gangs it might be enough to stop Nosotris for good. However are you two, Jahmir and Amir capable of, working together, leading together, and mostly important trusting each other? If not then you might as well kiss each other goodbye."

I nod my head, "We are prepared to do all those things." I look towards Amir who looks back at me for a second before turning his head to the front again, closing his eyes for a moment a sigh escapes those lips.

"It's no choice now," he lets Lee know opening his eyes.

Lee smiles sadly telling us, "Pride and Greed are humanities biggest enemy and threat.  It consumes a person unraveling the darkness in one's heart. Don't let the power of  wanting to control  something control you instead."

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

3.4K 114 13
Jackson was kicked out of his home and clan when he came out to his parents. Sent away to a boarding school where he didn't know anyone. What happen...
95.2K 4.8K 32
Nineteen year old Messiah and eighteen year old Justus meet not knowing how much of an impact they would have on each other lives.
91.9K 4.2K 26
You love your best friend, he doesn't love you back. He has met a girl, a pretty little thing, he's in love with her. He's your only friend, but he h...
101K 4.6K 34
Only a few months after his dad's death, Daniel decides to leave his hometown to study in an art school at countryside. New ambience would surely hel...