Fantasy Newsletters

By Fantasy

Latest updates and news in the Fantasy profile and other fantastic profiles in Wattpad. Dive in for news from... More

Welcome
August 2024 - Community Newsletter
December 2023 + January 2024 - Fantasy Newsletter
JANUARY 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
FEBRUARY 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
MARCH + APRIL 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
JUNE 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
JULY 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
AUGUST 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
SEPTEMBER 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
OCTOBER 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
NOVEMBER 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter

MAY 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter

80 12 5
By Fantasy

Welcome to the May 2023 edition of the Fantasy newsletter!

Here are the things you can find in this update:

i) Fantasy Profile Updates
ii) TeamFantasy Profiles Updates
iii) Other Fantastical Profiles Updates
iv) News and Other Exciting Things

Contest
Together with the rest of the Fantastical Family of Profiles, we have launched Fantasmical '23. Create characters and test if they can withstand any magical hurdles. Submissions for characters will close on June 05, 2023. Prompts will go live on June 01, 2023. For more information, visit this link.

Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month Celebration
The month of May is a blast! We have found so many fantastic stories from our Asian and Pacific Islander voices in the vast world of Wattpad. To support these works and to learn more about the stories we loved, check out the complete list right here.

Take a look at everything our wonderful #TeamFantasy profiles have to offer:

highfantasy

Reading List Updates

Featured High Fantasy Stories
Reality Bit Me by IskippU
The War Of Crowns by MiriamElade
Dark Divide by Aptionia
Myth of Blood and Bone by NoahLaval
Wings of Deceit by -DeeIsDead-
Finding Heathcliff by SilviaKrpatova

Middle Earth: Fantasy Adventures
Among the Fallen by thesongist
Epsilon [Werewolf] by khionewrites
Embers in The North by WordSmith001
The Rest is Riddles by CMF_Wright
These Old Bones by Kymeraent
FANA by erifnidne

Neverland: Myths and Fairy Tales
A Neverland Tale by SecondStar_Books
Deliciously Deadly by wildx22

Fair Verona: Romantic Fantasy
The Crowned Captive by AGossamerGrave
Bride to the Cursed by wildx22
The War Of Crowns by MiriamElade

Wonderland: Wonderous Worlds
The Twelfth Moon by katotjjx
A Realm of Magic and Mayhem by AdrielleReina
White Orchids by FrostVarg
Black Avatare by SuVida777

Mines of Moria: Fantasy Shorts
Reality Bit Me by IskippU

Camelot: Medieval Fantasy
Sacred Mountain by Bhashini

Fair Verona
Myth of Blood and Bone by NoahLaval
Knights of Zothia: Momentum by DaneJLion
Finding Heathcliff by SilviaKrpatova
Curse of Stone by wdhenning

Hogwarts: Magic and Mages
The Crimes of the Witches by TalleFey

Reading List Feature Opportunity
High Fantasy is focused for the Month of May on the Open Novella Contest, featuring talented authors and their stories after months of crafting a brand new story based on prompts provided by the Open Novella Contest profile. We have also added several stories throughout the profile, and invite you to check out these fantastic authors and hidden gems.

If you have a story you feel meet our guidelines, please feel free to check out our profile guidelines, and submission form!

low fantasy

BOTM

In May, we started with our newest initiative called Book Of The Month (BOTM). Our first book for May was Bride Behind The Mask by wildx22. You'll find our newest initiative and the first BOTM here.

The first book was also added to our new reading list for BOTM. Check these stories out here.

Monthly Activities
In April, we hosted a Drabble Challenge in our book Monthly Activities. During May, we announced the two winners Drewly11 and Favesat5 on our Message Board and added their entries in our Anthology here.

We also updated our Monthly Activities Book in May with a new activity called Mystery Word in which the users could participate from May 6th to May 25th. You can find the chapter here.

Winner Announcement of the Collab Sakura Blossoms
We also announced the winners of the Collab Sakura Blossoms for lowfantasy and featured both winner entries in the Anthology:

1. Heiwa No Sakura by ASG_JK
2. Ai, Koibumi (Love, Love Letter) by ValerieEveDiestro

Both winning stories were also added to our Contest Winner Reading List. Check it out here.

Collab Fantasmical 2023
We're also participating with lowfantasy in the Collab Fantasmical 2023. Find more information here.

mythandlegend

Live Your Myths Anthology

If you have a story about your culture's mythology and folklore that you'd like to share with other users on Wattpad, check out our submission guidelines here and consider applying!

We've recently shared more folktales and myths from Japanese and Egyptian mythology:

The Old Man Who Made Trees Blossom
The Girl with the Rose-Red Slippers

Interviews
In May, we featured an interview with Evergreen_Ebony, the author of "Jagunlabi". Check their interview here.

Contests
We are currently participating in Fantasmical 2023 with other Fantasy profiles. It is a chance to work on character creation and development in fantasy, so we encourage you to check it out! Find more information here.

We are also participating in an AAPIHM-inspired contest in May. We accept entries until May 31st, 11:59 PM EST but we are using this opportunity to find mythological and folkloric stories from AAPI creators in the community! You can check out our AAPIHM RL on Myth & Legend here.

retold

Contests

We are currently participating in Fantasmical 2023 with other Fantasy profiles. It is a chance to work on character creation and development in fantasy, so we encourage you to check it out! Find more info here.

We are also participating in an AAPIHM-inspired contest in May. We accept entries until May 31st, 11:59 PM EST but we are using this opportunity to find retold stories from AAPI creators in the community! You can check out our AAPIHM RL on Retold here.

Interviews
In April, we featured LPhoenix, the author of "The Mermaid and the Heiress". You can read our interview with them here. In May, we will feature anneperaltanovels, the author of "Those Lovely Shards". Check out their interview here.

talesofthedeep

Ahoy sailors! A few updates from our fintastic community:

Contests
Our fourth year running MerMay went swimmingly. The mermaids will be back again next year!

We are currently deep in yet another contest with a few of our fantasy profiles, celebrating the start of Fantasmical where you get to create a fantasy character and take them on 12 glorious adventures! Join in the fun now!

We're always open for more seafaring adventures from you. Submit any stories involving sea creatures, beaches, islands, pirates, and more via this form.

WattpadAsianFantasy

Contests

The Songkran collab with AmbassadorsTH has ended. Find out who won here.

We are currently participating in Fantasmical 2023 with other Fantasy profiles. It is a chance to work on character creation and development in fantasy, so we encourage you to check it out! Find more info here.

We are also participating in an AAPIHM-inspired contest in May. We accept entries until May 31st, 11:59 PM EST but we are using this opportunity to find asian fantasy stories from AAPI creators in the community! You can check out our AAPIHM RL on WattpadAsianFantasy here.

Interviews
We featured the following authors this month:
🌸 Ghost_Lord, the author of "Demon in a Painting" and a runner-up in our Immortal's Conquest 2022 Contest. Learn more about them here.

🌸 Vani_AnonyMystique, the author of "Spectral Sins" and a runner-up in our Immortal's Conquest 2022 Contest. Check their interview out here.

🌸 Elvira_Kamgut, the author of "The Aftermath" and our Asian Mythology & Folklore All-Star Category Winner in our Immortal's Conquest 2022 Contest. Check their interview out here.

Asian Mythology & Folklore Anthology
Need inspiration for writing? We recommend you check out our recent updates to our mythology & folklore anthology, which includes info from Malaysian and Mongolian mythology! Learn more about this here.

WattpadWitches

Question of The Week

We are continuing to have this one active weekly. Find more info about this here.

Playlist Book Update
See this update here.

Ongoing Collab
We have an ongoing collab with all of the fantastical profiles called Fantasmical. Learn more about this here.

WattpadDarkFantasy

Dark Fantasy Author Spotlight
For May, in celebration of the Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month, we have featured a Wattpad author who has written a captivating dark fantasy story. Meet IsabelCavesAuthor and check out their interview here.

We have also featured BellOfSilence. Check out their interview here.

Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month Reading List
Check out these gripping dark fantasy stories from our Asian and Pacific Islander voices. View the full list here.

New Reading List Features
Curious as to what latest dark fantasy reads we have to offer? Check the following lists and peruse the collections curated for your dark reading needs.

Dark Science Fantasy Reads
https://www.wattpad.com/list/1164353173-dark-laboratory

Dark Creature Fantasy Reads
https://www.wattpad.com/list/756588441-the-bestiary

Dark Occult Fantasy Reads
https://www.wattpad.com/list/753410465-dark-arts

Dark Romance Fantasy Reads
https://www.wattpad.com/list/756581588-dark-desires

Dark High Fantasy Reads
https://www.wattpad.com/list/698556657-a-kingdom-in-shadows

Dark Urban Fantasy Reads
https://www.wattpad.com/list/719713150-shades-of-the-now

Reading List Feature Opportunities
Our reading lists are always open for new submissions. If you have a dark fantasy story that you must absolutely share with the world, don't hesitate to submit to us. To learn more about our reading lists and how to submit, visit our Profile Guide Book.

mythandlegend

Interview

We will feature AnnamitaMuscaria, the author of "Hell Is An Empty Heart". Coming to our profile soon!

Contest
We will have a small Myth & Legend-specific contest coming your way in August, so stay tuned!

retold

We will have some small Retold-specific contests coming your way in July and August, so stay tuned!

talesofthedeep

Coming up: It's almost time for the prompts to drop in our Fantasmical contest. Don't forget to add our contest book to your libraries to be informed as soon as the announcement drops!

WattpadDarkFantasy

Monthly contests will be back, but this time, with a twist! Stay tuned and see you in the dark side.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 1K 30
Just some AO3 shots not mine credit to owner ❤️
269K 10.7K 43
The forbidden love of a pre-engaged heiress and her butler unravels into a tale of love and betrayal. But can their love survive the challenges that...
4.5K 432 48
Who will stand in this new world of magic and technology... and who will fall? The end of the world comes as a surprise and as one world ends, anothe...
24.3K 911 24
Here is a collection of my own Fairy Tales. Filled with magic, adventure and love. All about how the main characters get their happy endings.