Never Let Go - Geralt of Rivi...

By PossumLaufeyson

Y/n L/n, the Queen of Dragons. But the thing is, she thinks no one knows she is queen... •🏹• When Y/n runs a... More

~Aesthetics & Information~
~Prologue~
~i~
~ii~
~*iii*~
~iv~
~vi~
~vii~
~viii~
~ix~
~x~
~*xi*~
~xii~
~xiii~
~xiv~
~xv~
~xvi~
~xvii~
~xviii~
~*xix*~
~xx~
~xxi~
~xxii~
~*xxiii*~
~xxiv~
~*Epilogue*~
~Bonus: Interview with Henry Cavill and Y/n L/n~
~+Second Book+~

~v~

3.8K 99 23
By PossumLaufeyson

After days of traveling, you and Geralt found a place to get some supplies and rest up.

Entering the tall Inn in the forest, people played music and talked and laughed.

"Too lively," You muttered, and Geralt chuckled, sitting you and him in the corner, as the both of you mapped out where you wanted to go.

The man singing kept looking at you with a smile, causing Geralt to reach across the table and lace his fingers with yours.

The man singing approached you both, causing Geralt to grunt.

"I love the way you two just...sit in the corner and act mysterious," The man said.

"We're here to drink and work alone," Geralt scowled.

"Good, yeah, good," The man said. "No one else hesitated to comment on the quality of my performance, except...for you two."

He sat down next to you, a little too close, causing you to hiss at him, your eyes glowing green, and him to scoot a couple inches away.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" He said, and you scowled, turning to look back at the map. "Come on, you don't want to leave a man waiting with...bread in his pants. You must have some review for me. Three words or less."

"They don't exist,"

"Fuck off,"

You and Geralt said at the same time, not even bothering to look at the man.

"What don't exist?" The man asked.

"The creatures in your song," Geralt grumbled, making eye contact with the man.

"And how would you know?" The man asked.

Rolling your eyes, you flicked your fingers out, allowing magic to flow through your hand and out onto the cup sitting on the table, knocking it over.

Geralt picked it up quick enough before anything spilt, and the man gaped.

"Oh, fun!" He said. "White hair...big, has a partner, one very...very scary-looking sword. I know who you two are."

Geralt pulled you up from the opposite seat, gathering the map and folding it, placing it in a pouch.

"You're the Witcher, Geralt of Rivia!" The man said. "And you must be Y/n, the Sorcerer everyone is talking about."

Geralt pulled you out further, closer to the door.

"Called it!" The man called out.

Someone's hand came down on your shoulder, causing you to scowl and Geralt to grab the person's hand off your shoulder and give him a glare.

"A job I've got for ya, I beg you!" The boy said. "The devil-he's been stealing all our grain. In advance, I'll pay you. A hundred ducat in total."

"One-fifty," Geralt bargained.

The boy reached into his shirt, pulling out a pouch of coins.

"I've no doubt you two will come through," The boy said. "You take no prisoners, so I hear."

You sighed, looking up at Geralt, who was looking down at you.

He slowly nodded his head, before looking at the boy and taking the pouch from his hands.

•🏹•

"Need a hand? I've got two!"

"Why did we bring him?" You asked out loud, clinging onto Roach's reins, Geralt's hand on your calf as he walked on the ground next to the man from earlier.

"Go away," Geralt hissed.

"I won't be but silent back-up," The man said.

"Kill me now," You muttered, collapsing onto Roach, wrapping your arms around his neck, Geralt's grip on your calf tightening.

"I heard your note, and, yes, you're right," The man said. "Maybe real adventures would make better stories. And you, sir, smell chock-full of them."

"Really, Geralt?" You said, your voice muffled from your face buried into Roach's mane.

"I'll make it up to you, my love," Geralt said.

"Ew, disgusting, I don't wanna know," The man said, quickly.

"Then maybe you shouldn't have come," Geralt said, lowly.

"Ooh! I could be your barker!" The man said, causing you to groan. "Spreading the tales of Geralt of Rivia and Y/n of...of...er-"

You stopped Roach from walking, Geralt looking up at you with confusion as you slipped off Roach and onto the ground.

You stared up at the man, lip curling into a scowl, then a soft smile.

"Come here," You said.

The man walked forward, a smile on his lips, before you clocked him in the stomach, causing him to groan and hunch over in pain.

He fell onto the ground, wheezing, and you rolled your eyes, before getting onto Roach without a problem, patting his neck.

Geralt placed a kiss onto your knuckle, smiling up at you and you smiled back, before grabbing at the saddle as Geralt grabbed at the reins and led Roach forwards.

•🏹•

After about another hour of nonsense talking, Geralt was on Roach's back, as you leaned against him, half asleep.

Geralt had an arm wrapped securely around your waist, his other hand gripping at your thigh.

You felt safe and protected, and with the rocking of Roach's walk, you almost fell asleep.

But the man's talking would just never shut-up.

"Reading between the lines and the gut punches, chum, I'd say your girl here has a bit of a...an image problem," The man said, causing you to sit up and shoot him a look, but Geralt took care of that for you, as he leaned you back against him.

"You don't get to talk about Y/n that way," Geralt hissed.

"Mind if I hop up there with you two? I know there's not much room, but I could-"

You used your magic to blow him a couple inches backwards, and he glared up at you, but you shrugged your shoulders and made yourself comfy against Geralt's chest.

Roach came to a stop, and Geralt gently kissed your hair, before grabbing you by the waist and placing you on the ground, him sliding onto the ground next to you.

"The elves called this Dol Blathanna before bequeathing it to the humans," The man lectured, as Geralt tied Roach up and his hand returned to your back. "And retreating into their golden palaces in the mountains."

You and Geralt didn't answer.

"There I go again, just...delivering exposition," The man said.

Geralt pulled you forwards, his hand moving to your hip.

"Geralt? Y/n? Wh-where are you guys g-going? Hey, h-hey! Don't leave me! What are we looking for again?"

"Blessed silence," You hissed.

"Yeah, I don't really go in for that," The man said. "Have you ever hunted a devil before?"

"Devils don't exist," Geralt said.

"Right," The man said. "Obviously. Then, uh...then what are we doing?"

"Sometimes there's monsters, sometimes there's money," You said.

"Rarely both," Geralt added. "That's the life."

A projectile can flying at you, and Geralt grabbed you, moving you out of it's way.

"Act two begins!" The man said, enthusiastically. "What was that? Looks like a tiny cannonball from a...Oh my Gosh."

You turned to face where he was looking, to see someone rising from the bushes, with horns.

"Are you seeing this, Y/n...?" The man asked. "It is a devil."

The devil in the bushes crept forwards, then disappeared.

"I have to see this magical, this mythi-"

Another projectile came soaring, right above your shoulder and hitting the man behind you.

Geralt protectively grabbed you, holding you behind him.

The man collapsed onto the ground, and your eyes widened.

"Stay here, love," Geralt said, pressing a kiss to your forehead and creeping forwards.

"LEAVE ME BE!"

The devil came racing out of the woods, knocking Geralt over in a swift move of his horns.

"GERALT!" You shouted, and the devil turned to face you.

He yelled, racing towards you, and you used your magic to stop him, holding your hands up and allowing your magic to hold him in place.

"You talk," You said, and Geralt came from behind, grabbing the devil and throwing him onto the ground.

"Of course I talk!" It shouted.

"What happened with you?" Geralt asked, as he tackled the devil man. "Your mother fuck a goat?"

"I am Torque the Sylvan, a rare and intelligent creature!" The devil said, grabbing at Geralt's arm.

"You're a dick," Geralt said. "With balls."

"Balls I got from humans!" Torque screeched. "We left our food filled with iron meant to poison me!"

He grabbed at Geralt's hair, ripping off a couple strings.

"Ow!" Geralt shouted.

"Did your mother fuck a snowman?" Torque spat.

Geralt threw a punch at Torque's face, causing his nose to crack and a horn to fall off.

"You are intelligent, I'll give you that," Geralt said. "So I won't kill you, but you can't stay here."

Somebody grabbed you from behind, pinning your hands to your side.

"GERALT!" You shouted, and he looked over to you with panic.

"Neither can you," Torque said, before everything went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.6K 1.5K 23
"Ah, there we go. Don't worry, you are safe now. I will protect you, " his deep voice rumbled through my ears. Collecting all strength in my beaten b...
11.5K 531 19
Geralt passed through the inn's common room and heard another strange bard singing the first song Geralt had heard about the strange Cat witcher, and...
346K 10.6K 30
*Fan fiction inspired from the Netflix series The Witcher* Geralt of Rivia is a Witcher. For many years he has travelled the world, vanquishing mons...
126K 3.5K 19
You were the first and only female Witcher. You and Geralt had been together since you were teenagers, training and fighting alongside each other fo...