Borrowed Time (BrigittexMaleR...

By X2Kosmo

Since the collapse of Overwatch all those years ago, The omnium uprising has left Y/N lost in his mind and wi... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - Recalling the times
Chapter 2 - Living In The Past
Chapter 3 - Tinkering With Time
Chapter 4 - A Soldiers Orders
Chapter 5 - Savior Among The Storm
Chapter 6 - Codename: SHRIKE
Chapter 7 - Make Or Break
Chapter 9 - Callsign: Misfit
Chapter 10 - Memory Lane
Chapter 11 - Battle Scarred
A/N Notes #1
Chapter 12 - London's Calling
Chapter 13 - Repressed Memories
Chapter 14 - Gates To Kanezaka
Chapter 15 - Kanezaka's Protector
Chapter 16 - Origin's
Chapter 17 - Yokai
Chapter 18 - Shimada

Chapter 8 - Justice From Above

222 6 0
By X2Kosmo

Ana's POV

The last thing you expected to see here was your own daughter, let alone on the battleground of your enemies territory. But for once you are glad she was here, especially with your back against the wall because of Gabriel. Genji is an exceptional warrior as well in his own right, looking more intact than you saw him last, the Blackwatch days put a big toll on him mentally so Its good to see him again.

Captain Amari: "Its good to see the both of you, but Fareeha, why did you join Overwatch for?"

Pharah: "Its what you wanted, wasn't it?"

Captain Amari: "It should have never mattered what I wanted, you know that better than anyone Fareeha"

Pharah: "Well I'm here now, that's all that matters. Genji can you sweep the area for me, have a lookout for Brigitte and Lena"

Genji nods and scales his way up the wall bouncing between the buildings

Pharah: "So what's the deal here? I arrive and a skull masked man has you at gunpoint, good thing we showed up in time"

Captain Amari: "That skull masked man is Gabriel, turns out he lived from that explosion him and Jack went through"

Pharah: "Seriously? Gabriel survived? Well I mean Jack survived so the odds of Gabriel also surviving are slim but not zero so there's that"

Captain Amari: "Truth is he's back, and he's after Y/N, for what reason I don't know, but we have something to go off of"

Pharah: "Y/N must be the newbie around here Jack was telling me about, heard he made a great impression on Brigitte, takes some courage to put yourself in that position for someone else"

Captain Amari: "You can say that again, anyways, we need to stop Talon from-"

Pharah: "Kidnapping him, got it"

Genji: "Pharah, I've got eyes on Lena, she's in pursuit of Widowmaker but she's losing ground"

Pharah: "Any sign of Brigitte nearby Genji?"

Genji: "Not that I can see, what's your call?"

Pharah: "Help Lena pursue that sniper, even if the two of you lose her just make sure she cant cause any of us more trouble than she has"

Genji: "Understood"

Pharah: "Mom, you're with me, we are going to find Brigitte"

Brigitte's POV

This place looks the same no matter where I go, its too dark, I cant see in front of me and my arm is really dragging me down now. I've lost Lena completely, and my communicator isn't picking up on any signals, could my day get any worse, I lean on a wall to take a look at the bullet wound again, It starts bleeding immediately the moment I unwrap the bandages constraining it. I'm gonna have to treat it properly sooner or later so it may as well be now, sliding down the wall I whip out a blow torch, surgical pliers and any other medical supplies I have left, Stripping the armor from my left arm all to say is "Time to get to work" Is the last thoughts I had before attempting to remove the bullet from my arm.

Slowly approaching the bullet wound with the pliers the nerves caught up with me so I began biting down on a rag as I inserted the the pliers into the wound, Ive never wanted to scream louder than this before, unrelenting pain built up as I gripped the bullet with the pliers and slowly pulled it out causing the wound to bleed profusely. With the bullet out, I attempted to close the wound and heat up a blade using the blow torch, Its now or never, after torching the blade to be red hot I began to cauterize the wound. Once again biting down on the rag, never wanting to scream out in pain so much, It took some time until the bleeding stopped but by that time I was completely out of energy, maybe a small nap will help me.

Y/N's POV 

I began to have nightmares, Brigitte screaming out, the sound of footsteps surrounding me, Lena yelling out to Brigitte. I genuinely thought this was all real, It felt real that's for sure, feeling the sweat beads roll down my face and the shaking feeling in my legs as the sounds grew louder and louder, building up to a deafening pitch until there was nothing. I can see the infinite void of my mind, no sounds, nothing else around me, but then I look up and I see my mom, but why, why now? and to the right is my dad. Why am I being shown this now? The two come together as they reach their hands out to me, I grab in response just to hear "You'll be okay son, but its time to wake up, people out there need you" and then it all fades to black.

Lena's POV

Tracer: "Get back here, you will pay for what you've done to so many people"

Widowmaker: "And what is it that I've supposedly done to so many? As far as I'm concerned I've done the world a favor"

Tracer: "Cause that's a great way to look at It, Talon's up to no good and Its up to me to stop them"

Widowmaker: "As if you could stop us from taking that little boy of yours, It seems my job here is done"

Tracer: "Wait! You couldn't have, Amari would never let you lay a finger on Y/N"

Widowmaker: "Oh her? Let's say an old friend has already taken care of her, foolish girl"

Tracer: "No... no no no, It cant be!"

???: "Lena!"

You turn around to see a cybernetic figure closing in on your position, It's Genji. You felt a sudden weight lift off your shoulders and were relieved to see him.

Widowmaker: "Foolish idiot, didn't he finish the job?"

Widowmaker then jumps down from the rooftops but you immediately lose sight of her.

Tracer: "Dammit, she got away!"

Genji: "That's okay, lets report back to the others, Pharah is waiting for us"

Tracer: "I'm so glad to see you, please tell me you got Brigitte back to Ana for me"

Genji: "Sorry Lena, but I haven't seen Brigitte at all on my way over here"

Tracer: "Oh no, I left her a while ago to chase down you know who"

Genji: "Do you have any idea where she could be?"

Tracer: "I would have no clue, she's injured but not too badly from what she told me"

Genji: "Ill contact Pharah, report to her that Widowmaker has escaped and Brigitte is still missing"

Tracer: "Thank you Genji, please help me the best you can"

Genji nods and proceeds to fill Pharah and Ana in on the situation, no one has seen Brigitte since we got split up. I hope she's doing okay, the poor thing, I should've never left her behind.

Brigitte's POV (Flashback)

I was back on Gibraltar, sparring with Genji was my favorite past time when it came to fighting, Reinhardt was always too big and Lena isn't specialized in close combat fighting. Genji was the perfect sparring partner, light but durable, flexible but smooth, experienced and quick witted. really kept me on my toes whenever we went head to head although most of the time he would win.

Brigitte: "When are you going to let me have an easy win?"

Genji: "That will be the day when I am dead, so don't get any ideas"

Brigitte: "C'mon now, I don't think I'd be able to kill you even if I tried"

You swing your flail at him just for him to thrust the blade through one of the chain links and disarm you from range.

Brigitte: "See? I can barely get close"

Genji: "Sometimes you have to look outside the box, change the strategy on the fly and adapt"

Brigitte: "How often are you having to change strategies? It seems to be the same flaw that I throw at you every time"

Genji: "Almost every time, I have a friend, one day I hope to introduce you to"

Brigitte: "A friend? Are they cool? Stronger than you? But most importantly cooler than you?"

Genji: "You'll see one day, but to answer you. Yes, they are cooler than me."

Brigitte: "Now I gotta meet them"

Genji: "You will, but not now, anyways, lets get back to sparring"

You once again swing your flail at Genji

Genji: "Now pull it back towards you"

Pulling the flail back to you Genji instead ducks as you use the momentum to fling it back at him slamming it straight back into him knocking him down, that guarded using his blade.

Genji: "You see? Thinking on the fly to swing the flail head back at me using the moment and even knocking me over"

Brigitte: "Thank you Genji, you're a great mentor"

Genji: "And you're a great student"

You two bow to each other and then you wake up.

Brigitte's POV (The Present)

What was that dream? Sparring Genji back on Gibraltar, but why? Looking down I see the wound had been cauterized but I could still feel a searing pain coming from it, guess I should wrap this up. While I'm cleaning myself up I cant stop thinking about the dream I had, a memory back to the good old days, but something was missing, I couldn't put my finger on it. I tried not to worry about it as I welded my armor back together, It was still dark and with no light I was left to wander the alleys of Cairo alone.

Brigitte: "Boy do I sure hope nothing awaits me in these alleyways"

You then hear a swarm of footsteps approaching you from behind, You duck to a nearby railing and take notice of a group of 6 Talon soldiers being escorted by a big looking one, by far the hardest one to take down.

Talon Soldier 1: "She said the girl was nearby here"

Talon Soldier 4: "Over here, we've got some bandages and blood stains"

Talon Elite: "Spread out, find her, she's somewhere nearby'

All Talon Soldiers: "Sir yes sir!"

This is bad, If they find me I don't think I'm in condition to fight back, my shield is barely functional with my left arm damaged, all I can use is my flail. I then think back to my dream, Genji was teaching me to use my flail in other ways, that's it, I need to improvise. Using the knowledge from my dream, I baited them around making sounds all around them like Lena and I did before, One by one I'd knock them off until the Elite was all that was left standing.

Talon Elite: "Alright Little Girl, we can do this the easy way, or the hard way"

He then began charging up the shotgun he held using both his hands, maybe if there's a way for me to take out one of his arms he cant hold up his gun. Remembering I added a new function in my flail, I call it the whip shot, lining up the shot I swing the flail around and sling it full force at the Elite's right arm.

Talon Elite: "Ouch! What was that! You bitch! You'll pay for that!"

Before he could ramble on any longer I swung the flail in uppercut fashion completely sending him upwards and knocking him out cold.

Brigitte: "Hold that asshole"

???: "I must commend you for your efforts little girl"

???: "But we wont be letting you go with that little boyfriend of yours heavily guarded"

From the shadows emerged a man with a skull mask and a purple woman who was dressed in a pink jumpsuit.

???: "You see, when we shot your little ship down, Ana Amari wasn't among the interferences we had calculated"

???: "But then again, you've played right into our hands anyway"

Brigitte: "What do you want from me?"

???: "Well surely you know who we are and what we want by now, the question is, will you give it to us?"

Brigitte: "Well now my questions are answered you must be Reaper, and your little "girlfriend" over there must be Widowmaker"

Widowmaker: "Don't mock me, little girl, give us what we want and we will leave"

Reaper: "We are aware of your little reinforcements that you called in, but between us, none of them can save you here"

I can take one but not two of them, If only Lena was here, I need someone, anyone.

Brigitte: "Sorry but that isn't happening, Y/N is going nowhere with the likes of you"

Reaper: "Last chance, I wont hesitate to leave a body for them to find"

Brigitte: "Threaten me all you want, I have a couple words left for you... Try me"

Widowmaker begins to line up her scope on my head while Reaper drops down to the ground level slowly stepping towards me, time for my final stand, swinging my flail at Reaper makes him turn into black smoke and then reappears just as fast as he disappeared, I began to feel the gaze of a sniper peering right at the back of my head. In that moment, someone dropped from the rooftop on some kind of device blindsiding Widowmaker and causing her to miss her shot and knocking her to the ground as Reaper then draws his shotguns.

Reaper: "Say goodbye to Y/N"

Reaper looks up as he is sent flying backwards as the same person whipped him into the wall using my flail, which is then chucked to me by them. I begin to get a closer look at figure, they turn to me, and immediately pull me into a hug that fills me with nervous energy.

???: "I'm sorry I wasn't here Brigitte but I'm here to protect you now"

Looking up and locking eyes with them, my eyes widen as I notice who it is, Its Y/N! Immediately I start crying and hugging him even harder, It had been so long since I've been able to hug him like this.

Y/N: "C'mon Brig, I wasn't gone for that long, besides, you've gotta help me kick some Talon ass like we promised"

He says as he grabs me by both shoulders, all I can do is give him a nod and turn around to cover his back. Its about time for a little payback don't you think.

Huzzah! Chapter 8 was a big one, flashback to Brigitte's past and hinting at the debut of a future character and the return of the infamous main character, bound to Brigitte's will by oath and sworn protector of the squire under his promise to Reinhardt. I thought its about time Y/N brings the fight Talon wanted to their doorstep pairing him and Brigitte together to deliver a beatdown. Looking forward to writing more now that I've got a whole other character to base a point of view off of. <3

Behold the next chapter...

Callsign: Misfit

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

480K 6K 66
You're a former Overwatch agent and a current street racer. You were close with Lena "Tracer" Oxton back in the good ol days, but lost contact with h...
4.5K 95 27
This is a story trying to follow the Overwatch storyline before the Recall (I'm gonna make a sequel for after the Recall). THIS STORY IS NOT FINISHED...
64.5K 1.7K 27
Really quickly: This is an Overwatch fan fiction for people who like cute romances- no lemons here. Ew. I'm *trying* to keep this appropriate for al...
50.5K 1.4K 40
Y/N is an assassin within the Overwatch team. Once asked to join a mission to eliminate omnics hurting mankind, she changes. Her sudden abduction dur...