Borrowed Time (BrigittexMaleR...

By X2Kosmo

Since the collapse of Overwatch all those years ago, The omnium uprising has left Y/N lost in his mind and wi... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - Recalling the times
Chapter 2 - Living In The Past
Chapter 3 - Tinkering With Time
Chapter 4 - A Soldiers Orders
Chapter 5 - Savior Among The Storm
Chapter 6 - Codename: SHRIKE
Chapter 8 - Justice From Above
Chapter 9 - Callsign: Misfit
Chapter 10 - Memory Lane
Chapter 11 - Battle Scarred
A/N Notes #1
Chapter 12 - London's Calling
Chapter 13 - Repressed Memories
Chapter 14 - Gates To Kanezaka
Chapter 15 - Kanezaka's Protector
Chapter 16 - Origin's
Chapter 17 - Yokai
Chapter 18 - Shimada

Chapter 7 - Make Or Break

284 6 0
By X2Kosmo

The sun begins to rise...

Ana's POV

Morrison was right, Amélie Lacroix and Gabriel are here. I don't know why they are here but it seems they are looking to mobilize an attack, I've got to let Brigitte and Morrison know.

Captain Amari: "Morrison, Brigitte? Are anything you available?"

Brigitte: "What's up Ana?"

Commander Morrison: "What's your status Ana?"

Captain Amari: "Good to see you're both awake, anyways, I can confirm both Reaper and Widowmaker are stationed here in Cairo."

Commander Morrison: "As expected, do you have a plan to intercept them?"

Captain Amari: "Not just yet, It seems they are mobilizing for an attack somewhere, as for you Brigitte, I want you to close all the blinds and line of sight into the apartment"

Brigitte: "Yes captain, also Lena arrived last night with more supplies for Y/N"

Captain Amari: "Cadet Oxton? That's a surprise, I assume you sent her ahead of the other agent Morrison"

Commander Morrison: "Yes, with Y/N's condition in an unpredictable state, I trust Tracer's guidance with Brigitte to prove useful, you should be ready to intercept them if they make a move"

Captain Amari: "In that case, Brigitte, close the blinds and anything that has a sliver of light coming through it and then meet me atop the buildings by the main pyramid, we prepare a counter attack to stop whatever they are planning, and bring Oxton with you"

Brigitte: "What about Y/N? Surely we cant leave him by himself in this state?"

Captain Amari: "Y/N will be fine if you do as I say, this is the only way to protect Y/N if they plan to do what I think they are doing. This may be the only way to ensure his safety."

Commander Morrison: "Ana. You mean to say?"

Captain Amari: "Yes, I think they've known where we have been hiding out ever since the crash, or at least the general area"

Commander Morrison: "I will send a broadcast out to nearby agents, If that is the case, Morrison over and out"

Captain Amari: "Alright Morrison, Brigitte, get yourself and Tracer ready for battle, say what you need to Y/N and meet me up here soon"

Brigitte: "Understood, I will be sure to let Lena know"

Captain Amari: "Amari signing off"

Brigitte's POV

So what Ana was saying is actually true? We may have to actually fight them? I get that Lena and Ana are trained combat specialists but even so, I cant shake the feeling that we will come up unprepared. I hope it doesn't come to having to fight them, no matter how bad they are, fighting them now would be pointless for us in the position Y/N is in right now.

Brigitte: "Lena, did you hear any of that?"

You call out but there's no answer, walking out to Y/N's room you find her passed out, legs kicked up on the stretcher, head tilted back and eyes fully closed. You give her a shake prompting her to wake up

Brigitte: "Earth to Lena, you all good?"

Tracer: "C'mon, just five more minutes" she says pawing at your face with her hands

Brigitte: "Nope, we've gotta move, Amari has given us orders to meet with her"

Tracer: "And here I am thinking I can get some shut eye at least til the afternoon"

Brigitte: "Maybe later, but then again, we may not be sleeping for a while"

Lena then gives you a curious look in response to what you said, after boarding up the windows and closing every sightline into the apartment, you both make your way to Ana's position as you fill her in on the details you heard from Morrison and Amari as to what you're doing today.

Tracer: "So Gabriel is actually here, and we may have to fight him. As much as I wouldn't want to fight him, If he plans to hurt Y/N or kidnap him in this state, looks like we may have no choice. As for Widowmaker, nothing would give me more pleasure than giving her a beatdown of my own, for Mondatta"

Brigitte: "I get how you feel, I hope it doesn't come to fighting them but odds are we may have no choice, It wouldn't make sense why those two would be here if they weren't up to something big, otherwise Y/N may be in danger"

Tracer: "Don't worry Brigitte, I wont let anything happen to Y/N, I know how much he means to you"

Brigitte: "Its not like that between us Lena, after being separated for all this time and even after what he's been through I don't want him to get hurt anymore, we both promised Reinhardt to protect each other so I've gotta keep up my end of the promise"

Tracer: "I know how he feels about you and how you feel about him, but I respect it, you've become a real adult Brigitte. You have my promise that he wont be harmed any further"

She gives you a wink as you blush a little, making your way up to Ana you see the Talon forces lining up in formation in front of the main pyramid.

Captain Amari: "Good to see you two made it"

Brigitte: "Glad we can be here to assist you"

Captain Amari: "How's Y/N doing?"

Tracer: "He's stable, I brought a few things on my way here to help his arm heal faster but other than that, still the same as you saw of him last"

Captain Amari: "Thank you Lena, I'm glad you could make it, assuming you aren't the back up we heard of, we actually stand a chance at removing Talon from Egypt when they arrive"

Tracer: "That's the plan Captain, first step is making sure no harm comes to Y/N while he's in his state"

Brigitte: "Anyway, what's the plan Ana?"

Ana then began to layout the plan, It was a bit complex at first but after a few recaps Lena and I got it down pat, we'd practically lure them around Cairo and split their forces cutting down the numbers one by one. This would put us in a position to draw out Reaper and allow Lena and Ana to deal with Widowmaker on the backlines, the issue then becomes how long can I stall Reaper for.

The sun begins to set over Cairo...

Y/N's POV

All I hear is silence, I assume Brigitte and Lena aren't with me anymore, left to my thoughts and the last things I heard them talk about, who are these people named Reaper and Widowmaker? I don't think Jack ever mentioned them going over the mission brief in his office, let alone having to fight them? Do they plan to come and find me? Maybe even kidnap me? Not to mention I'm concerned for both Brigitte and Lena but I know they are capable of dealing with these soldiers of Talon, those two names scare me though as a feeling forms in my stomach. Nothing I can do from here but to hope for the best.

Brigitte's POV

Dusk has arrived in Cairo, the soldiers begin their move as Ana then gives us the nod to make our move. Lena and I take the alleyways taking turns in causing rattling noises to come from them in the area, this causes the soldiers to question their surroundings, slowly creeping into the alleyways they check behind everything they find split into 2 groups of 3 and 2 groups of 4. Firstly I take a group of 3, dropping from above slamming one on the back of the neck with my flail and whipping the other 2 to the side and into a wall causing little noise at possible as I see Lena kick one out of the alley she was in with the other 3 left unconscious behind her.

Using sign language we communicated.

Brigitte: "All clear here, how is your end?"

Tracer: "All clear too, next phase"

We then climbed back up to the rooftop looking the get the drop on the last two groups we found, swapping roles I took the group of 4 while Lena took the group of 3, looking at me she winks dropping straight down and sticking a device to one of the men and immediately disappearing into a flash of light. The men panicked as the device blinked faster until it exploded sending a plume of smoke into the open area where they came from, the men in my alley turned around to see it all unfold, but before they could move I dropped behind them sweeping them all to their feet with the flail and whipping it across their helmets knocking them all out cold.

Tracer: "We should be alright to talk now"

Brigitte: "What did you do to those other guys?"

Tracer: "Oh that? That was just a pulse bomb, they wouldn't have died from it but they wont be getting up any time soon either"

Brigitte: "I didn't know you had such a device on you, besides wasn't that a bit overkill?"

Tracer: "I think its better that we make sure they don't get up when it comes to Talon soldiers, they may not be a threat like the other two but the less we have to deal with, the less chance Y/N is also put in danger"

Brigitte: "That's good thinking but I like to give them a hand delivered beating" you laughed causing Lena to smile

In that instant something flew past both of your faces causing you to take notice of a hole that appeared in the wall next to you.

Tracer: GET DOWN!

Another projectile, which seemed to be a bullet landed in the wall as both you and Lena ducked for cover, you contact Ana in a panic.

Brigitte: "Ana! Lena and I are pinned down, a sniper is holding our position hostage!"

Captain Amari: "Looks like the spiders come out to play, what's your position?"

Tracer: "We are located in the south west quadrant of buildings facing the pyramid, gun fire seems to be coming from the north of our position"

Captain Amari: "Roger that, Ill be there to provide covering fire in a couple minutes. I'm just dealing with the remaining soldiers approaching Y/N's position, hold your ground until then"

Brigitte: "Understood, please take care of Y/N for us" 

You take out your shield and cover the line of sight where the bullet came from only to find no one there, a bullet then flies by your shield and lands in your left arm.

Brigitte: OW! THAT HURT!

Ducking to an opening in the alley you find safety in a spot with no line of sight you begin to tend to your bullet wound but you see no sight of Lena.

Tracer: Trying to crash another party love!

You hear from above as she rains fire upon a shadowy figure posted up on a rooftop to the left of you. The shadowed figure then grapples away speaking under her breath but in a way Lena understood. Hearing a yell of pain Lena drops pursuit to check on me finding me crouching behind a corner and bandaging the bullet wound left in my arm.

Tracer: "You okay love? I heard the shot go off and next minute you're grabbing at your arm, It's not too bad is it?"

Brigitte: "Just a flesh wound, nothing I cant handle, I'm my fathers daughter after all and he's missing an arm"

Tracer: "Still got a sense of humor after taking a bullet huh? Got Reinhardt's charisma too for better or worse" she says giving a chuckle and a smirk 

Brigitte: "One can never be too optimistic"

Tracer: "Well I know who you get that from"

Brigitte: "You'll have to indulge me with the story later, right now we have a sniper to catch"

Tracer: "You play it safe, Ill be the one to deal with her, even though you've patched up your arm, It'll still be a hinderance I'm afraid"

Brigitte: "Good call, I'll focus on providing intel and relaying information to Ana"

Meanwhile...

Ana's POV

All the Talon soldiers have been dealt with but we've barely scratched the surface, no sign of Gabriel just yet, but we know they are here alright its only a matter of time. Had we interfered any later Y/N may already be a prisoner to their torment, as for Lena and Brigitte, they are pinned down by Amélie which is no matter, Oxton thrives under pressure, if anyone over there is capable of pinning Amélie down its her.

Brigitte: "Ana are you there?"

Captain Amari: "Yes Brigitte, how can I help you?"

Brigitte: "Lena is in hot pursuit of Widowmaker, I however, have been shot in my shield bearing arm, nothing more than a bullet wound though"

Captain Amari: "Thats a relief, you can make your way back to me, Lena is more than suited at dealing with her"

Brigitte: "Understood captain"

Captain Amari: "Over and-"

???: "Am I interrupting something?"

You feel the barrel of a gun pushed to the back of your head followed by a deep toned chuckle.

Captain Amari: "I should've known you would show up sooner or later... Gabriel"

Reaper: "Please don't let me intervene with your talk, and remember I don't go by that name anymore, thought the monkey would've drilled that into you by now"

Captain Amari: "What is it you want? If you didn't want something out of this you would've killed me already like the monster you are"

Reaper: "I may be one of Moira's monsters but I'm no monster in my own right, I'm simply a man with something to gain but nothing to lose"

Captain Amari: "What is it exactly that you are trying to gain then?"

Reaper: "I don't mind to bargain so look, You can go free if you hand over that little engineer you have tucked away, and I don't mean that coal brained dwarf's daughter. You give me him and I'll let your little rag tag rebellion squad live."

Captain Amari: "That's not gonna happen for two reasons. One, even having me a gunpoint you wont gamble the mission on only having me pinned down and two, I know behind that mask you're nothing but a shell of the man you were, so go ahead... test your luck, because between you and me, I'm still the better shot"

Reaper gives you a snarl looking you straight in the eyes and shaking his head.

Reaper: "So be it, have it your way"

Knowing he has me where he wants me and giving it my all there's nothing I can do but slowly begin to believe he may actually pull it, he caresses the trigger with his claw like hands very slowly then taking notice of something catching his eye.

???: "ROCKET BARRAGE INCOMING!"

The sky brightens as a swarm of missiles light up the night sky, you are in that moment tackled by a robotic man off of the rooftop watching Reaper dash behind cover to avoid the onslaught heading his way. Landing on a ruined mattress laying in the street you look across from you to see a lady suited with armor and rocket boosters, while someone across from her is dressed in steel plating with a glow pulsing with green lighting and a sword stowed in the sheathe on his back.

???: "Its been a while Captain, or should I say, mother..."

This is where chapter 7 ends, You can take a guess as to who has in the nick of time shown up to turn the tides, everyone's favorite sword wielding, shuriken throwing, neon glowing weeb and the prodigy daughter herself of Egypt's protector. Reaper thought he had the upper hand, maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, NOBODY KNOWS, but with Amélie still preoccupied having the brit on her trail, things aren't looking good for Talon to say the least. Enough rambling, time to get typing. <3

I will see you all soon in...

Justice From Above

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

355K 6.8K 82
Toshinori and his wife inko yagi both fresh out of UA barley 6 month into there hero carries when inko got pregnant they weren't ready to be parents...
83.5K 1.5K 28
A disbanded group of heroes. A sinister plot. A shattered world. As a new recruit to the legendary Overwatch you have big shoes to fill, fortunate...
1K 88 24
The Overwatch lore made into a single continuous story. All content belongs to Blizzard. This is fan fiction. Chapters will be released biweekly. Ope...
324K 4.6K 21
Emily and Tracer have been together for a while now to where they were living together in an apartment near King's Row. One day though Tracer was out...