Borrowed Time (BrigittexMaleR...

Per X2Kosmo

Since the collapse of Overwatch all those years ago, The omnium uprising has left Y/N lost in his mind and wi... Més

Introduction
Chapter 1 - Recalling the times
Chapter 2 - Living In The Past
Chapter 3 - Tinkering With Time
Chapter 4 - A Soldiers Orders
Chapter 5 - Savior Among The Storm
Chapter 7 - Make Or Break
Chapter 8 - Justice From Above
Chapter 9 - Callsign: Misfit
Chapter 10 - Memory Lane
Chapter 11 - Battle Scarred
A/N Notes #1
Chapter 12 - London's Calling
Chapter 13 - Repressed Memories
Chapter 14 - Gates To Kanezaka
Chapter 15 - Kanezaka's Protector
Chapter 16 - Origin's
Chapter 17 - Yokai
Chapter 18 - Shimada

Chapter 6 - Codename: SHRIKE

331 5 2
Per X2Kosmo

A week goes by...

Brigitte's POV

Y/N hasn't woken up yet, but his vitals have been stabilizing, slowly at least, I've been checking on him everyday since we arrived, still feeling the guilt for the position he's in. "At least he looks at peace and not in too much pain" is what I thought to myself, Commander Morrison said he will send a back up agent to help maintain the situation with Talon but it wont help until Y/N is ready for action.

Captain Amari: "His vitals have been stable for the past couple days, no internal bleeding  but he does have a broken bone in his left arm so nothing beyond repair".

Brigitte: "Thank you Ana again, I just hope he is able to wake up soon, the longer we wait here the more Talon will get away with. I want payback for what they've done to Y/N".

Captain Amari: "I understand your frustrations Brigitte, but this is something we can rush. Either way Morrison is sending another agent as back up, Its best we take Talon more serious if they know what we are up to".

Brigitte: "I hear you, Its just unfortunate and frustrating that this happened to begin with. Do you know who the back up is?".

Captain Amari: "That would be classified to Morrison, lets just hope they aren't unlucky like the two of you. I will give you some time to yourself, I will have a look around outside".

Ana would then pick up her rifle and go to scout around outside leaving me by Y/N's bedside, all I could do was look after him, grabbing his left hand with both of mine and clinging to any hope I could find.

Ana's POV

I hope Brigitte doesn't keep blaming herself, but I cant stop her from thinking that way no matter what I do. All I can do is keep them safe until Y/N is recovered, whoever this back up is we should be able to delay Talons further operations in one fell swoop once they arrive. I'll call Morrison to see the status on the next agent.

Captain Amari: "Morrison are you there?".

Commander Morrison: "Ana, what is your status?".

Captain Amari: "Currently on patrol, Y/N's vitals have stabilized to regular levels but there is still no sign of him waking from his coma anytime soon".

Commander Morrison: "This is unfortunate news, we are getting your back up sorted, they should be there by tomorrow at the earliest".

Captain Amari: "I see, I'll hold down the fort until then, as usual I'll keep you updated on Y/N's condition".

Commander Morrison: "Pleasure as always Amari, tell Brigitte that Lena says to hold strong and Y/N will pull through, he has before".

Captain Amari: "Will do Commander, Ana Amari signing off".

10 Minutes Later...

Brigitte's POV

Captain Amari: "Brigitte, I have some news".

Brigitte: "What's the news?".

Captain Amari: "The backup will arrive tomorrow by the earliest, also Lena has sent some words of encouragement" Ana then quotes Lena's words "Hold strong Brigitte, you are stronger than you think, Y/N will pull through this, he's managed in a tough situation before".

Those are the words I needed to hear most, "Thank you Lena, I know Y/N will pull through, and from now on, I will be his shield" is what I immediately thought after hearing those words.

Brigitte: "You hear that Y/N? Backup is on its way, I just hope you can be there to join us, you'd be a great help for me on the battlefield, but I want you to rest if you can hear me".

Captain Amari: "Its best that he does rest, but lets hope he can join the fight with us, Talon is no easy task, especially if they have Amélie Lacroix within their forces".

Brigitte: "Who is Amélie Lacroix?".

Captain Amari: "Amélie Lacroix or Widowmaker as she's now known by is the only person to ruin one of my missions, I didn't always have an eye patch y'know".

Brigitte: "Really? She does sound dangerous if she was able to scar you that way".

Captain Amari: "Worst part is she was brainwashed by Talon to assassinate her husband and former founder of Overwatch Gérard Lacroix therefore confirming her transformation to the sleeper agent known as Widowmaker".

Brigitte: "Is there any way to know if she's here in Egypt?".

Captain Amari: "Best bet is to leave her to me, if I find her I'll be sure to contact you through your ear piece".

Brigitte: "Will do captain, I'll try to focus my efforts on helping the assault".

The sun has set and the moon has risen...

Y/N's POV

Everything is still pitch black, But day by day I've been able to hear more, I know Brigitte wants me to rest but I want to join them in the fight. No matter how much I try to wake up I just cant, all I can do is rest, come to peace with my situation and bring myself out of this coma, for your sake Brigitte, I will come back for you. I'm glad Jack is sending someone to give Brigitte a hand and even though I have no idea where I am, whenever I am with you it doesn't matter where we are. All that matters is that we are a team.

The sun rises on tomorrow...

Brigitte's POV

I had fallen asleep next to Y/N's bed but little did I know his hand had wrapped around mine sometime during the night, It came as a shock to me I didn't expect him to unconsciously grab my hand.

Brigitte: "Y/N are you there?".

Y/N: ".....".

Brigitte: "Still silent... But that's okay, you're making progress".

Captain Amari: "Anything new happen tonight Brigitte?".

Brigitte: "At some point last night he had grabbed my hand unconsciously, so I guess he's fighting it a lot better now".

Captain Amari: "Well that's at least some good news, I assume the backup hasn't arrived yet, I think we should make a push on Talon today, at least find out where they are operating from".

Brigitte: "Sounds like a good idea but should we leave Y/N alone?".

Captain Amari: "Not to worry, I don't plan to take you with me, we aren't making an assault today, only a dent in the armor of the organization"

Brigitte: "You sure you don't want some help, I get we shouldn't leave Y/N by himself but what if something were to happen to you?".

Captain Amari: "Don't worry about me, If I need help I'll call on Morrison's help. Besides I need to set up the landing point for the dropship, I've got a lot to do so I want you to keep an eye on Y/N".

Brigitte: "Alright Captain, I think I may try to get some more rest, I didn't get the best sleep last night if I'm being honest".

Captain Amari: "That's a good idea, the earlier I set out, the earlier I get to come back with the intel we need. Keep yourself safe until I get back and keep me posted on Y/N".

Brigitte: "Heard loud and clear".

I brushed Y/N's cheek with my hand then went to the back of the building to rest on the sofa back there, I'm glad he's recovering faster than we expected is the last thought I had drifting off to sleep.

Ana's POV

While the sun is still rising, I decided to make my move and set up the landing pad for the backup to arrive. After setting up a flat area for the dropship, I take my plan into action, hunting down any talon soldiers and following them back to the rendezvous to for intel on where they are patrolling from. "I wonder what Fareeha is up to nowadays" is what you think hiding behind a pillar near the main pyramid structure watching over the Talon forces going in and out of the main entrance.

Captain Amari: "Ill contact Morrison to deliver some good news"

Commander Morrison: "Lets hear the news Ana"

Captain Amari: "I believe I've located the place of Talon's operations, all their troops seem to funnel out of the main entrance to the pyramid"

Commander Morrison: "That's an improvement, word on the street is that Widowmaker and Gabriel have been spotted in Cairo so be careful out there"

Captain Amari: "Understood, If I need help I can always count on Brigitte"

Commander Morrison: "That reminds me, Is there any news on Y/N's condition?"

Captain Amari: "Brigitte was saying this morning he was able to squeeze her hand in the middle of the night but nothing more than that"

Commander Morrison: "So he's improving in his condition? Make sure to bring him home Ana, I trust your skills more than anyone. As I said though, be careful, especially with Gabriel out there"

Captain Amari: "Will do, Captain Amari over and out"

With that news I began set up an outpost by the pyramid and contact Brigitte about the newly found threat, Its only a matter of time until Widowmaker and Reaper find out my position. Its best I wait this one out for more intel, guard rotations, patrol routes anything to help our assault on the pyramid keep when the time is right, Its time I make Talon pay for what they did to Y/N, let me show Talon why I'm known as the Shrike.

The sun now sets...

Y/N's POV

My mind is empty and numb but I've been able to use this time to think about the future,  firstly what to do after waking up from my eternal slumber. It really has helped me develop mentally, but I cant say its my favorite way to spend my time, I'd much rather spend time some tinkering with Brigitte and actually contributing to the mission we are on. Brigitte's voice then echoes in your mind.

Brigitte: "At some point last night he had grabbed my hand unconsciously, so I guess he's fighting it a lot better now".

Well I can say I feel like I'm getting a lot better, but no matter how much I try there's no waking up, for now at least. I wish Genji was here to help me keep a steady mind, maybe he's the back up, I don't think anyone else knows besides Jack for reasons unknown. Until then I need to keep resting.

Brigitte's POV

I woke up and its pitch black outside, no one else as arrived to help Ana out yet, Y/N is still out cold but stable. I got up to make myself something to eat in the kitchen when I heard something outside the front door to the apartment, luckily for me I had my flail attached to my utility belt as I immediately reached for it. The door knob turned slowly as I put up my shield while swinging my flail around preparing to strike the invader down.

???: "Brigitte are you here?"

The voice sounded familiar, a British accent jogged your memory

Brigitte: "Lena?! Is that you?"

Tracer: "Jeez, Its good to see you, didn't realize you were on edge this much"

Brigitte: "Are you the back up Morrison was sending?"

Tracer: "Technically no, He sent me ahead of the back up to deliver extra medical supplies to support Y/N out of his current condition, but hey, I'm here now, for you, for Y/N and the Captain"

Brigitte: "Thank you for coming, I really needed someone else for moral support around here, please tend to Y/N with what you have"

Tracer: "Of course love, no way I would be willing to leave Y/N this way forever"

Lena started tending to Y/N, she looked shocked at how bad of a condition he was it, after she was done we sat down and talked about what happened on that day, she felt bad for me as I was putting all the blame on myself but what else can I do?

Tracer: "Y'know Brigitte, Its not your fault for what happened to Y/N, I'm just glad he was willing to put himself in front of you and still come out, well not dead at least"

Brigitte: "I keep trying to tell myself that Lena, but it shouldn't have turned out this way, Ana tells me the same thing but I cant shake the feeling"

Tracer: "I know love, Its because you care for him, as much as you try to ignore that feeling, emotion is always the motivator"

Brigitte: "The thing is Lena, As much as I do care for Y/N, I don't want to be in his way, a liability"

Tracer: "Don't think that way Brigitte, he wouldn't have done what he did if he didn't believe in you"

Y/N's POV

I can hear the sound of Lena's voice, when did she get here? why is she here? I'm glad someone's here to support Brigitte though, she is too hard on herself sometimes. It may not be the best situation but its far from the worst, I mean I could be dead, I may not be awake right now but with enough luck I'll be ready soon.

Brigitte's POV

I still have nightmares from that day, looking at Y/N I'm reminded of my failures, but I can sense he wants me to keep going, I don't know what it is but something about him right now is telling me to continue the mission. Lena and I talked through the night with no sign of Ana, I assumed she had just been posted up somewhere watching over us from afar but there's been nothing hinting at that at all.

Brigitte: "Its not just Y/N I'm worried about, Ana has been out there since early morning and hasn't come back all day"

Tracer: "Don't worry, the captain is used to running solo missions like this all the time, you shouldn't need to worry unless she tells you to worry"

Brigitte: "Its just, she said something about these people called Reaper and Widowmaker being spotted in Cairo, I don't know who they are but they seemed dangerous enough to make Ana act cautiously"

Tracer then looks down and shifted her look to a more serious one speaking under her breath

Tracer: "Gabriel's here? Not to mention Amélie Lacroix?"

Brigitte: "Do you know them too Lena?"

Tracer: "Well Gabriel used to be assistant commander for Overwatch while being the commander for a subdivision known as Blackwatch, but everything changed for him after Blackwatch's last mission, after that him and Morrison had an argument resulting in the destruction of an Overwatch headquaters leaving them both presumably dead".

"After that we thought we'd never see his face again, well until he showed up leading Talon's missions, ever since that Jack who only showed his face to Ana at the time had been hunting down Gabriel as you know as Reaper for as long as he breathes"

Brigitte: "That's just... wow... I had no idea, so he is a really dangerous guy huh?"

Tracer: "He can be, truth is he wants to change the world but we cant approve of his methods so that's why Talon took him on, as for Amélie Lacroix, you've probably heard the story from Ana"

Brigitte: "Yeah, but Ana told me not to worry about her, telling me she would deal with her if she showed up"

Tracer: "Not to worry love, I have a bone to pick with her too, you shouldn't worry have to worry about her with me on the case. Anyways, you should probably get some sleep, I can take first watch over Y/N while Ana's not here"

Brigitte: "Thank you Lena, for everything."

Lena then gives you a smile while she fixes up the pillows behind Y/N's head and kicks her legs up as you walk away giving her a yawn.

That marks the end of another chapter, what events will follow the actions of our heroes? I sure am excited to write up the next chapter with haste, been in the writing mood as of recent, only concern is usually the word count haha but I tend to not focus on it and bam I'm suddenly another 300 or 400 words further. Anyways, Y/N seems to be busy in dreamland so its up to Brigitte, Lena and Ana to put Talon in their place.

I will see you all in chapter 7...

Make Or Break

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

46.2K 1.5K 66
" a story in which the infamous talon assassin known as nighthawk is forced to become a blackwatch agent in exchange for her freedom " overwatch sem...
355K 6.8K 82
Toshinori and his wife inko yagi both fresh out of UA barley 6 month into there hero carries when inko got pregnant they weren't ready to be parents...
99.2K 1.4K 32
You were Talon deadliest weapon but one day they decided to put you in a cell. You waited five years in the cold and the dark before they finally ne...
64.5K 1.6K 27
Really quickly: This is an Overwatch fan fiction for people who like cute romances- no lemons here. Ew. I'm *trying* to keep this appropriate for al...