snake in the lions den|| WTM

By KoolInsomniac

Ada Potter was struggling to get through her fifth year, the trauma of the past events catching up to her, be... More

intro
cast
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
act two
ten
eleven
twelve
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
act three
twenty
Twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine

thirteen

5.2K 195 38
By KoolInsomniac

The next day, the second year students are in the Herbology greenhouses as Professor Sprout enters. "Morning, everyone." She taps the stand to get everyone's attention "Good morning, everyone."

"Good morning, Professor Sprout." The students call out in unison.

"Welcome to Greenhouse 3, Second Year. Now gather around everyone. Today, we're going to re-pot Mandrakes. Who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root?"

The only one who raises their hand was Hermione. "Yes Miss Granger?" Sprout points to the girl. "Mandrake or Mandragora is used to return those who have been petrified to their original state. It's also quite dangerous. The Mandrakes cry is fatal to anyone who hears it."

"How does she just know that?" Sirius askes completely baffled. "She reads pads." Remus deadpans.

"Excellent. 10 points for Gryffindor." Ada smiles at Hermione feeling proud of her friend. "Now, as our Mandrakes are still only seedlings, their cries won't kill you yet, but they could knock you out for several hours, which is why I've given each of you a pair of earmuffs for auditory protection. So could you please put them on right away? Quickly."

The class picks up the earmuffs placing it on there head. "Flaps tight down and watch me closely. You grasp your Mandrake firmly... You pull it sharply up out of the pot.." Professor Sprout lifts the Mandrake causing it to let out an ear piercing cry and everyone grabs their ears.

The hall winces at the sound of cry some older years remembering how much they hated that lesson.

Sprout looks at the plant with a grimace "Got it.. And now dunk it down into the other pot.." The Mandrake is now sat in the pot still squealing as Sprout chucks dirt into the pot. "And pour a little sprinkling of soil to keep him warm."

The squeal gets higher and higher and Neville starts swaying ultimately passing out falling straight to the floor. Professor Sprout sighs. "Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs."

"No ma'am he's just fainted." Seamus points out. "Yes well, just leave him there." Some students look at the woman like she was insane.

"Pomona you can't just leave a student on the floor." Minnie scolds but Sprouts waves her off "He was fine."

"Right, on we go. Plenty of pots to go around. Grasp your Mandrake... And pull it up." Everyone pulls their Mandrake up casing a series of high pitch cries to fill the room.

Everyone covers their ears in pain. "It's giving me a headache." Ron groans. Once again Neville passes out, Luna heads over to him and gives him a light tap on his cheek attempting to wake him up. "Come on Neville it's time to wake up now." Her dreamy voice rang out.

Draco starts tickling the Mandrake when it suddenly bites his finger, he struggles to get it out. Mattheo chuckles watching Draco get free and slamming it into the pot.

Blissful silence welcomes the hall as the next scene pops up on the screen.

"There's nearly headless Nick." Two students walk very close to each other. "Hello Percy, Miss Clearwater." Nick greets.

"Ooooh Percy look it's you and your girlfriend." Ginny teases as the boy blushes in embarrassment.

Everyone is eating lunch in the hall. Ron is taping up his wand looking at it with sadness, "Say it. I'm doomed."

"You're Doomed."

"Hi Ada." A cheerful voice pops up, a sudden flash momentarily blinding the girl as a golden retriever like boy takes her photo. "I'm Colin Creevey. I'm in Gryffindor too." Ada smiles at the sweet energetic boy "Hi Colin. Nice to meet you."

An owl screeches as Dean looks up "Ron is that your owl?" Errol flies down crashing into a bowl of crips. Everyone starts laughing. "Bloody birds a menace." Ron grabs the red envelope out of Errol's beak as he flaps up flying away.

Ron notices what the letter is and gulps "Oh no."

"Look everyone. Weasley's got himself a howler."

Sirius shivers remembering the howlers he use to get from his banshee of a mother. If he can even call her a mother there was nothing motherly about the woman. Then he remembers he got a new mother well technically he had two first one was Minnie, he always saw her as a mother figure. The second one was the one and only Euphemia Potter, the first woman to give him any ounce of maternal love. He misses her dearly.

Everyone laughs, Ron gulps "Go on Ron. I ignored one from my gran once. It was horrible." Neville says looking like he's having war flashbacks. Ron shakily opens the seal dropping it as Molly's voice screams out.

"Ronald Weasley. How dare you steal that car! I am absolutely disgusted! Your fathers now facing an inquiry at work, and it's entirely your fault! If you put another toe out of line, we'll bring you straight home!" Ron nods fully terrified.

The letter turns to Ginny, voice softening considerably "Oh, and Ginny dear congratulations on making Gryffindor. Your father and I are so proud." The letter blows a raspberry at Ron and rips it self up, the only thing you can hear is Ron's heavy breathing feeling panicked and humiliated.

Ron looks pale having to relive the absolute terror he felt. Some of the parents in the room especially Sirius looks to Molly with a bit of disgust. Sure Ron deserved some type of punishment for his actions but not public humiliation, that's something some people can never live down.

The students are seated in the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, decorated with portraits of its owner: Gilderoy Lockhart; the door to the office opens and Lockhart walks out. "Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher: me, Gilderoy Lockhart. Order of Merlin. Third class. Honorary member of the Dark Force Defense League and five times winner... of Witches Weekly's. Most charming smile award."

The man rests against a painting of himself, painting himself.

"Oh Merlin the man has a bigger ego then Sirius." Remus cringes. Ada nods shivering "Yeah and that's saying something." Then the biggest gasp you've ever heard came from the mans lips "Hey! My egos not that big." His husband and daughter gives him the most deadpan look.

"Are you serious?" Ada askes completely regretting her words as soon as they came out of her mouth. "I'm always Sirius." He smirks. Remus sighs rubbing his temples "Oh fucking hell." Sirius just smiles proud of himself.

All of the girls bar Ada look completely smitten with their teacher as he walks up to the front of the class still talking about himself "But I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at him."

The man laughs at himself while all the boys and Ada look at the man like he was an idiot. She also thought banshees were only women that's why they are known as the walling women.

"Your correct cub, a banshee is a female spirit in Irish folklore who heralds the death of a family member, usually by screaming." Remus says smiling at the girl. Ada points to her father "See, this is why you were the only competent DADA teacher we had. Please come back I can't deal with it anymore. Especially the pink toad." She begs.

Umbridge has a scowl on her face, she will not tolerate any disrespect towards her. "Detention Miss Potter."

"No."

"No? This isn't up for discussion."

"If I'm given detention I will serve it with Minnie." Umbridge was about to speak but was cut off by McGonagall. "Very well Miss Potter." She smiles knowing they will just have tea and a gossip like they normally do.

Umbridge silently seethes in her seat while everyone watches with wide eyes. Suddenly someone says something that will piss off the girl beyond imagination. "I'd rather have Lockhart then some disgusting werewolf."

A tense silence suffocates the hall as everyone looks to the girl with wide eyes. Ada's eyes snap towards the Gryffindor girl who has a snotty look on her face. She is one of the girls who bullies Ada relentlessly. Ada's neck jerks and she gets up and walks towards the girl, she places her arms either side of the Gryffindor boxing her in. Ada leans in and looks her dead in the eyes.

"Speak another word of my father and it will be the last thing you ever do." The girl whimpers and pushes herself back into her seat shaking. The Potter girls eyes are glowing bright red, not that she knows that. She then gives the girl a sicky sweet smile and twirls the girls hair before dropping it and walking off.

Ada gives a kiss on Remus' cheek and sits back down next to her boyfriend, who was currently adjusting his trousers.

"Now be warned.. It's my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known the wizardkind.." Lockhart taps a cage covered by a cloth causing it to rattle. "You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. I must ask you not to scream. It might provoke them!"

Lockhart removes the cloth from the cage with great flare revealing Cornish pixies. So scary Ada thought rolling her eyes. "Cornish pixies?" Seamus laughs.

"Freshly caught Cornish pixies." Lockhart dramatizes, Seamus continues to laugh amused by the whole thing. "Laugh if you will, Mr. Finnegan, but pixies can be devilishly tricky little blighters. Let's see what you make of them."

Lockhart then opens the cage letting a swarm of pixies loose in the classroom. The pixies start trashing the room straight away, ripping up books , throwing papers. "Come on now. Round them up, round them up! They're only pixies!"

Everyone starts bashing the pixies away with their books. Two pixies grab Neville by the ears pulling him up placing him on the chandelier. Everyone starts running out of the class in a panic as the pixies squeal. "Please get me down!" Neville calls.

A pixie grabs Hermione's hair "Get off me!"

"Hold still." Ada says as she smacks the pixies away.

Lockhart starts waving his wand chanting "Peskipisksi Pestternomi!" But a pixie just snatches his wand flying away.

"That's not even a spell." Blaise says. "Why was that man even hired, he's incompetent." Narcissa asks, anyone could see the man was a fraud it's a surprise he got away with it for so long.

"Dumbledore hired him, I did ask for him to be replaced. I had received many complaints about his teaching." McGonagall says. "I don't even think he had an interview or anything." The woman stressed. Amelia starts writing shaking her head, perhaps the headmaster is too old and should be let go of his position.

The pixie who took the wand used it and caused the massive skeleton to crash to the floor. Lockhart runs up the stairs to his office, fighting to get a picture of himself back but untimely losing. He looks to the three remaining students "I'll ask you three to just nip the rest of them back into their cage." He runs into the office like a coward.

"What do we do now?" Ron panics when Hermione takes out her wand yelling "Immobulus!" The pixies freeze and start floating around. Neville who is still strung up sighs "Why is it always me?"

Ada is walking down the corridor wearing her Quidditch outfit, accompanied by the rest of the team: Oliver Wood, Fred, George, Angelina Johnson, Alicia Spinnet, and Katie Bell.
"I spent the summer devising a whole new Quidditch program. We are going to train earlier, harder, and longer." Oliver glances to his left, the rest of the team follows his gaze "What...? I don't believe it." Stepping out into the courtyard, they come across the Slytherin Quidditch team, also dressed for Quidditch, as Ron and Hermione are sitting nearby; Oliver directs his attention to the team's captain, Marcus Flint "Where do you think you're going, Flint?"

"Quidditch practice."

"I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today."

"Easy, Wood. I've got a note." Marcus holds out a rolled up scroll; Wood takes it and opens it.

"Uh-oh. I smell trouble." Ron and Hermione get up and walk towards the two teams, Mattheo shows up at some point also walking towards the teams.

Oliver reads the parchment "I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker." He looks up from the parchment "You've got a new Seeker, who?" Marcus steps aside, and Draco steps out towards the Gryffindor team members.

"Malfoy?" Ada says rolling her eyes, of course he's the new seeker.

"That's right. And that's not all that's new this year." Draco puts his broom at his side; Ada, Ron, Hermione, and the rest of the Gryffindor Quidditch team examine the brooms Draco and the rest of the Slytherin team are holding.
"Those are Nimbus 2001s. How did you get those?"

"A gift from Draco's father."

"You see, Weasley, unlike some, my father can afford the best."

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent." Hermione states, Draco glares at her in annoyance as he takes a few steps and stops only at arms length in front of her. "No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood."

Collective gasps fill the hall, glares thrown towards the Malfoy heir. "Mr. Malfoy we do not tolerate hate speech in this school." McGonagall says sternly, Draco nods quietly, he was genuinely embarred by his past self, he now understands why Ada didn't like him back then. He was a self centered brat. Sadly that's how his father raised him, even though his mother didn't, however Draco always wanted to make his father proud as the man never shows any affection towards him but nothing seemed to work.

Hermione glares at him with a mixture of hate and hurt as Draco sneers. "You'll pay for that one, Malfoy!" Ron takes out his wand and aims it at Draco "Eat slugs!"

Unfortunately, Ron's spell backfires, blasting him off backwards and onto the ground. Ada and Hermione immediately rush to his side. "You okay, Ron? Say something!" Ron opens his mouth as if to say something, but instead he spits out a slug.

Everyone winces and cringes as they watch the boy throw up slugs. Ron shivers mouth watering, he can physically feel the ghost of the slugs in his mouth. He quickly shoves some food into his mouth to rid the feeling.

Colin Creevey starts taking pictures of Ron "Wow! Can you turn him around, Ada?"

"No, Colin! Get out of the way." The girls help Ron to his feet "Let's take him to Hagrid." Ron regurgitates another slug "He'll know what to do." The three start heading off to Hagrid's hut when the Slytherins laugh. Ada come to a stop and turns around.

"Ada?"

She walks up to the Slytherins as everyone looks at her confused. Ada stops infront of Draco and looks up at him with a blank face. The boy smirks not knowing what's about to happen. Mattheo watches in anticipation he has a feeling that she's going to do something and he hopes he's right.

Ada looks down to her hand tightening it in a fist and she suddenly punches Malfoy in the face sending him down to the floor groaning in pain blood pouring out of his nose. She turns back around and then skips off. Mattheo watches her with amazement.

A stunned silence fills the hall when Mattheo cheers out "That's my girl." Everyone starts laughing, Ada quietly giggles to herself. She turns to Draco "You've go to admit you did deserve it."

The boy rolls his eyes "Yeah, yeah, it hurt though."

The three are now in Hagrid's hut as the man enters with a bucket. "This calls for a specialist's equipment." He hands a pale purple faced Ron the bucket "Nothing to do but wait till it stops, I'm afraid."

Ron lets out another slug as the girls wince. "Better out than in. Who was Ron trying to curse anyways?" Hagrid asks. "Malfoy. He called Hermione... Well I don't know what it means."

Hermione gets up and sadly says "He called me a mudblood." Hagrid gasps "He did not."

"Sorry but what's a mudblood?" Ada asks confused she's never heard that before. "It means dirty blood. Mudblood's a really foul name for someone who is a muggle-born. Someone with non-magic parents. Someone like me. It's not a term one usually hears in civilized conversation." Hermione had tears in her eyes at this point.

Ada gets up and gives Hermione a hug while the girl buries her head in her shoulder. "See the thing is Ada, there's some wizards like the Malfoy family, who think their better then everyone else because they're what people call pure-blood." Hagrid informs the girl.

"You know the whole blood status thing is so stupid, anyways aren't most pure-bloods inbred." Ada says. Sirius shivers nodding as himself is a pure-blood and him and his younger brother Regulus were brothers but also third cousins.

"That's horrible."

Ron nods throwing up another slug "It's disgusting."

"And it's codswallop, to boot. Dirty blood... Why, there isn't a wizard alive today that's not half-blood or less. More to the point, they've yet to think of a spell that our Hermione can't do. Come here."

Hagrid holds a teary eyed Hermione's hands "Don't you think on it, Hermione. Don't you think on it for one minute. Hey?" That gains a small smile from the girl.

"He's right you know Miss Granger. You are the brightest witch I've ever had the pleasure to teach." Remus smiles at the girl who gives a bright smile back. The girl reminds him of Lily. Both muggle-borns, both the smartest in their year.

Ada was now serving detention with Lockhart bored out of her mind. "Ada, Ada, Ada...Can you possibly imagine a better way to serve detention then helping me to answer my fan mail?"

"I can think of something." She mutters under her breath.

"Like sticking needles in my eyes."

"Fame is a fickle friend, Ada. Celebrity is as celebrity does. Remember that." Ada gives the man a odd look, she then hears an ominous whisper "Come... Come to me. Come to me." Ada looks up in confusion "What?" Lockhart looks up from his mail "Sorry?" Ada looks to him "Oh nothing. Just tired."

"Oh great Scott, no wonder. look at the time. We've been here nearly four hours. Spooky how the time flies when one's having fun."

"Yeah... Fun."

Asa is walking into the corridor when she suddenly hears the ominous voice again "Blood. I smell blood. Let me rip you... Let me kill you. Kill... kill... kill!"

"What is that?"

Hermione and Ron just appear out of nowhere "Ada..."

"Did you hear it?"

Ron looks concerned and confused "Hear what?"

"That voice."

Hermione starts to get concerned as well "Voice? What voice?"

"I heard it first in Lockhart's office, and then, again, just-- "She hears the voice once more. "It's time." Ada tenses up "It's moving. I think it's going to kill." Ada runs past her friends down the corridor "Kill?"

Hermione and Ron run after the girl "Ada, wait! Not so fast!"

Ada stops in the middle of the corridor, then looks down to see the floor is wet before walking to the right. Ron and Hermione run to catch up with her; they stop abruptly as they see numerous spiders scurrying away through a crack in the window. "Strange... I've never seen spiders act like that."

"I don't like spiders." Ron whimpers, they then glance at something else on the floor "What's that?"

They gaze at a puddle of water, where they can see what appears to be bloody writing, then look up at the wall to see foreboding words written in blood which Hermione reads "The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the Heir, beware. It's written in blood."

Ada looks to the left "Oh, shit." Hermione follows Ada's gaze and gasps when she sees what Ada was seeing; The Potter girl walks toward a torch on the wall, tied to the torch is Mrs. Norris, frozen and seemingly scared by something "It's Filch's cat. It's Mrs. Norris." Behind them, Percy walks into the corridor, leading the other Gryffindor house students.

Soon enough, the corridor fills with students, who gaze at the bloody writing and Mrs. Norris, Madame Pomfrey expresses horror and shock; Colin gets his camera ready, but Percy stops him.

"Enemies of the Heir, beware." Draco reads out and glances at the Gryffindor house students "You'll be next, Mudbloods." Ron scowls and glares at him.

"What's going on here?" Filch pushing his way through the crowd "Go on, make way, make way." He glares at Ada "Potter... what are you...?" He gazes past Ada at the frozen form of his cat and trembles "Mrs. Norris?" He glares at Ada again "You murdered my cat."

"No."

Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle grin "I'll kill you." Filch smiles wickedly at Ada then grabs her by the shirt "I'll kill you!"

"Get off her you vile man." Sirius shouts.

"Argus?" Filch lets go of Ada; the students step aside as Professors Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Snape arrive on the scene "Argus, I..."He glances at the writing on the wall "Everyone will proceed to their dormitories immediately." The students turn to leave; Ada, Ron, and Hermione follow "Everyone except" Ada, Ron, and Hermione stop "you three." They turn to face him.

"Ravenclaws, follow me."

"She's not dead, Argus." Filch trembles, presumably from relief and confusion "She has been petrified."

"Ah. Thought so. So unlucky I wasn't there. I know exactly the countercurse that could've spared her." Lockhart says as Snape and Minnie give him a look.

Dumbledore smiles and nods "But how she has been petrified I cannot say."

Filch gestures towards Ada "Ask her. It's her that done it. You saw what she wrote on the wall."

"Bullshit I never wrote anything." Ada deafened herself "Language Miss Potter." McGonagall scolds.

"Rubbish."

"If I might, headmaster. Perhaps Potter and her friends were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. However, the circumstances are suspicious. I for one don't recall seeing Potter at dinner." Snape cuts in oddly sorta defending the girl.

"I'm afraid that's my doing, Severus. You see, Ada was helping me answer my fan mail." Lockhart explains. Then Hermione says "That's why Ron and I went looking for her, Professor. We just found him when she said... " She looks at Ada.

"Yes, Ms. Granger?"

"When I said I wasn't hungry." Snape turns towards her "We were heading back to the common room when we found Mrs. Norris." Snape turns towards Professor Dumbledore "Innocent until proven guilty, Severus."
"My cat has been petrified. I want to see some punishment!"

"We will be able to cure her, Argus. As I understand it, Madame Sprout has a very healthy growth of Mandrakes. When matured, a potion will be made, which will revive Mrs. Norris. And in the meantime, I strongly recommend caution... to all."

Ada, Ron, and Hermione nod. Moments later, they are walking along the Grand Staircase, as the numerous staircases change. Hermione spoke out as they ascend the stairs "It's a bit strange isn't it?"

"Strange?"

Hermione turns to face her "You hear this voice, a voice only you can hear, and then Mrs. Norris turns up petrified. It's just... strange."
"You think I should've told them?"

"Are you mad?" Ron exclaims "No, Ada. Even in the wizarding world, hearing voices isn't a good sign." Hermione turns and walks along.

"She's right, you know." A painting says Ada and Ron glance at him, then walk along.

"You all made me out to be crazy." Ada sighs rubbing her temples. "Sorry Ada." Hermione apologizes feeling slightly guilty. "We know your not pup." Sirius consoles, the poor girl has been through so much every year she really need a brake.

a/n: Added some badass Ada scenes for ya. Thank you for the votes and reads have a lovely day/night <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.7K 2.2K 7
Her entire 5th year at Hogwarts felt like a cauldron boiling perilously out of control, ready to explode at any given point. So when Hermione catches...
129K 2.4K 24
Watching the movies with the Potter twins what if Harry has twin sister Dya? What if James and Lily come to know about their children's life? will th...
178K 3.3K 29
when and accident involving a time turner and a few idiots sends 5 teenagers far into the futures, they discover secrets about one another, and how d...
29.5K 493 11
harry, his twin and his friends go to the past to show the world what happens if they don't stop Voldemort A: I don't know how to describe stuff this...