The Dragon's Kingdom

Par ImBrokenSaveMe

When the Dradan princes come to discuss a peace treaty with the Lycan King it is quickly realized that they w... Plus

What if
Dresses
What to do...
Rewritten
Memories Suffocate You
Advice
To be or not to be brave
Potentially Triggering
Hello old characters
How did he manage to hide this?
Who do you want?
Friendship
Dream a Dream of Me
Heartless
authors note
Bedded by the Prince
I Am Glad
Stories
Fear
Control
Inkitt
Zeni
Shift

To be with a Prince

64 7 1
Par ImBrokenSaveMe

 "At least you look nice," Aslin attempted a bright smile, but it fell short.

"Hair down or up?" Fia asked, playing with too long strands of my blood red hair.

"Down," I twisted in the floor length dress, it shimmered with every small movement, clinging to my frame like a second skin.

"You don't want to show off your neck?" Aslin teased, "Give him a peak of what he will be biting into tonight?"

"It'll be cold enough in this dress," I reasoned, smoothing my hands over my waist.

"Fine," Fia sighed, allowing my hair to tumble down around my shoulders.

Normally I had my hair tied up or braided. Wearing it down was always a nuisance, with hair to your waist it was easy to sit on it or even get it caught on things. For the moment it would give me a bit of much needed warmth. A knock sounded on the door.

"Are you all decent?" My eldest brother called from the other side.

"Come in," I replied, crossing my arms over the deep neckline. So much skin was exposed...

"Are you ready?" Killian met my eyes, immediately scowling, "Is she trying to make you freeze?"

"Yes." I huffed, pulling more hair over my shoulders to try and hide my exposed flesh.

"Do you want-"

"I'll be fine," Sheer sleeves covered my arms, sparkling in the candlelight as I twisted away from the mirror, "Can we just get this over with?"

He was still scowling, "Fine. I saw Knox and wanted to warn you before you go out there."

"Warn me about what?" Fear knotted my insides, anxiety attempting to strangle me.

"His back is..." Killian trailed off, wincing, "Well it looks like someone whipped him."

"What?" I had forgotten the scars I had seen covering his back that night when he walked in on me getting information. Pieces started to fall into place, "Didn't that book say that males were severely punished when they forced themselves on a female? You don't think..."

"Oh goddess," Fia looked at me with wide, shocked eyes, "No. No. Don't go down that path, Maeve."

"But-" I cut myself off.

Arguing was useless. It didn't matter what I thought. This was going to happen whether I wanted it to or not. The best and only choice was to just let him do what he wanted and become as uninteresting as possible. Just give him what he wants, and he will leave me alone. Right?

"Thank you for the warning," I breathed out, "Shall we?"

We left the room quietly, my hands clutching tightly at the dress. The small stones pressed into my skin, threatening to break it. Our happy mood had disappeared completely, and we marched somberly towards the courtyard where nobles would be gathered. Az appeared out of his and Aslin's bedroom, quickly falling into step with us and slipping his hand into hers.

I trailed behind them, resisting the instinct to run. The beast that prowled beneath my skin was scratching at me, begging to be let out to protect me against whatever was causing this feeling. Like someone was sucking all the air from my lungs. Leaving just enough to survive and feel the fear that made it hard to keep stepping forward.

The cold seeped into my feet first, and then the cutting wind swept through the thin fabric of my dress as soon as we stepped outside. The crowd of gathered lords and ladies quickly came into view. A priestess stood on a raised platform, Knox already kneeling beside her. Rasten was off to the side, blue eyes scanning the crowd until they landed on us. His lips twitched in what may have been a smile.

"Remember to breathe," Fia whispered, following Aslin and Az into the crowd.

Killian slowed, linking his arm through mine. He walked us towards the priestess, a role that was supposed to be performed by the father, but Rasten had never been a father to any of us. My eldest brother was the closest I was going to get.

"You'll be alright," My brother said softly.

He held my hand to help me step onto the platform before kneeling down. With one last reassuring squeeze he stepped back into the crowd, joining our siblings. He took all the warmth with him. Goosebumps raised on my skin, and it wasn't long before I started trembling. The priestess had begun her speech, droning on about the mother and why we would be doing the ceremony on our knees.

I finally glanced up, and quickly regretted the decision. Knox was scowling at me, the fire in his eyes roaring. He looked away from the deep neckline of the dress that showed off my breasts. Meeting my eyes with molten heat warming my insides even as I continued to shake and shiver.

"Now we will bind you," The hard voice of the priestess finally broke through, followed by soft skin brushing gently against mine.

She pulled my hand forward, draping a thin gold chain around my wrist before reaching towards Knox. She grabbed his hand, but quickly pulled back, her eyes widening briefly before recovering. He murmured an apology, holding out his hand towards me.

Warmth radiated off of his skin, melting the slowly falling snow. Steam began to curl off of his shoulders, but the hand extended towards me seemed as cold as I was. The gold draped against his skin, a beautiful contrast to the night that he was made of.

"With these chains the goddess shall bind you." I flinched away from her, the sound of her voice seeming to amplify.

The cold metal bit into my skin, a violent shiver wracking through my body. The snow was coming heavier now, but more warmth was being emitted by Knox, caressing gently against my skin. I was still trembling, but the goosebumps had disappeared.

"Rise in the mother's love," She spoke again, silver hair swaying gently as she raised her arms to the sky.

We followed her command, gazes meeting once more. Our fingers twined together, copying her and holding our joined hands to the sky. This was supposed to be done during the full moon, with clear skies. Doesn't matter now.

"Go now." She said softly, before turning back to her audience, "Seal your bond."

The chain would remain wrapped around our hands, a gift from the priestess. Most mates would turn it into a necklace, others sell it. I gripped his large hand tighter, calluses scraping against the delicate skin of my palm. We stepped off of the platform, and I led him towards the path they had lit with candles. The warmth from him soaked into me, relaxing my tense muscles even as dread curled inside me.

We slipped out of the barely open gates. As soon as we stepped past them they shut with a clack. The lock sliding back into place. Thankfully the path to the cabin was lit, hopefully they would have a fire roaring in it. We walked along the wide path quietly, sharp stones making me wince with every step. I could feel his gaze upon me, but I stayed focused on the path ahead.

Deep breaths. I reminded myself, paying attention to anything but the large male beside me. The male that could rip me to shreds without any effort. The male that was going to be inside me once we reached the cabin. My steps slowed before finally coming to a halt.

"Is something wrong?" That heavy accent wrapped around my body, soothing some of my fears.

"My feet hurt," I mumbled. Not a lie, but not what my problem really is.

"Fine."

A second later I was being swept up, up, up. Goddess how tall did she make him? The pain in my feet immediately stopped, and any lingering feeling of cold was vanquished when he pressed me against his bare chest. My legs instinctively came up to wrap around his waist, one large arm cradling me against him. The other was still holding my hand.

"W-what are you doing?" The words came out in a whisper, softer than the falling snow.

"If you keep stopping, we won't make it there before dawn," His words were annoyed, but the fire in his eyes had become gentle. Made to comfort rather than hurt.

"Oh." I breathed out, my dream from the night before came rushing back.

I forced myself to keep my eyes open, watching the steam that continued to curl off his shoulders. If I closed my eyes it would be Rae holding me like this. Rae holding me captive against him instead of Knox with his dark skin and scars.

Time ticked by slowly, and those red eyes continued to flicker with flames. The color is his eyes swirling like the tide. I pulled my gaze away from his face, focusing on the size of his hand. Long, thick fingers with calluses that showed the effects of not living an easy life. A tremor shook my body, and I could feel his eyes upon me again, the hairs at the back of my neck rising.

"Is that it?" He asked, jerking his chin towards the stone and glass temple.

"It is." I clenched my jaw, pulling back, "You can let me down now."

He snorted but placed me gently on my feet. I quickly tugged my hand out of his grasp, flexing my fingers to rid myself of the slight pain. Knox clutched at the gold chain, looking down at it in surprise before quickly shoving it into his trousers. He walked away from me, going the last few yards it took to reach the temple.

Cold seeped into my bones the longer I stood there. I watched him pause at the doorway, those glowing eyes flicking towards me before he slipped inside. Wind whipped at my hair, and my body seemed to ache with the loss of... something. I have to go inside, but I don't know what will be waiting for me when I go in.

I considered staying out in the cold, but even while shifted I wouldn't survive. The snow was coming in faster. Coating my hair and catching in my lashes. Through the glass I could see his silhouette moving, lighting a fire that called out to me. Filling the temple with a warm, inviting glow.

I couldn't stop myself from stumbling towards the temple. Pulling the heavy door open slowly and stepping in as quickly as I could to keep the warmth from escaping. It was only one substantial room. A large bed had been set up underneath a skylight that had been covered with snow. On the opposite side was a roaring fire, Knox crouching down in front of it, extending his hands towards the flames.

Closest to the windows facing the sea was a large tub. Filled almost to the brim with water that had most likely gone cold by now. A table had been placed beside it, loaded down with different types of cheeses and bread. Towels and soaps had been placed in a basket next to the table. The dark male in front of me stood, his attention narrowing in on me.

"Made your choice then." He said softly, taking a step towards where I was hovering by the door, "Come here."

I gritted my teeth together, that horrible feeling of dread building. The fire beckoned me closer, and I answered its call. Warmth was more important than the threat that Knox might pose to me. He stepped away from the fire, letting me warm myself. The bed creaked beneath his weight, and I remained hyper aware of his eyes on me.

"Maeve." That deep growly voice of his called out, pulling me out of the trance the flickering flames of the fire had put me in.

"What?" The words were snapped out as I turned, fear making everything heightened and more sensitive.

The fire popped and I flinched. Cringing away from the intensity of his stare. He leaned back on the bed, studying me carefully.

"We do not have to do this if you do not wish to." The fire in his eyes burned brighter, a direct contrast to his words.

"It is our duty." I finally replied, lowering my head to the floor.

My hands trembled, but I knew what must be done. Whatever happened tonight would not be worse than my father's punishment if I failed to have Knox claim me. I reached up, slipping the sheer sleeves of the dress down. Those fiery eyes glowed hotter, but he did not move. Watching every one of my slow movements as I began to bare my skin to him.

I kept the dress pressed to my chest as I pulled off the sleeves that held it up. My shaking grew worse once my arms were free, but this needed to be done. Didn't it? I moved my arms, allowing the fabric to pool around my waist. A choked sound came from the male in front of me, but I refused to look up. Get it over with.

With a deep breath the rest of the dress pooled around my feet. A sharp inhale was the only reaction to me standing completely bare in front of him. Then came the squeak of the bed as he moved. Suddenly those sunset eyes came into view, and the callosal of a male was on his knees in front of me.

"Who gave you these?" His voice was hard, but his touch was gentle when he stroked the sensitive skin of my stomach.

"Someone who wanted something I didn't want to give," I replied, watching as his pupil got swallowed up by his irises.

"And what happened to them?" He growled out, beginning to gently swipe his thumb against my side, his hand splayed on the curve of my waist.

Heat swirled in my core, matching the fire in his eyes, "He got what he deserved."

"Good," He nodded once, the muscles in his jaw ticking, "On the bed."

I swallowed down my fear. Stepping around him and perching carefully on the edge of the bed. My legs pressed tightly together. Partly to keep him from seeming anything, but also to ease the throbbing. He stood, facing away from me. I could hear the rustle of clothes as he stripped but resisted the urge to turn.

That strangling feeling was back again, but there was no going back. He padded closer, crouching down in front of me. Thick fingers grasped my chin, tilting my head so I would have to meet his eyes.

"Last chance, Maeve." He ground out, the fire in his eyes had expanded, taking over the black and white.

"Please try not to hurt me," With six words I managed to extinguish the fire in his eyes.

"You tell me to stop," He paused, his grip tightening slightly, "And I stop. Okay?"

"Okay," I agreed easily, but I wouldn't tell him to stop. The faster it was over the better.

His eyes lit up again, but not as intense. It mimicked the gentle warmth of the fire burning in the hearth. Strong fingers pulled me towards him, and I realized this would be the first time a male touched me like this without me screaming. 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

768 41 39
A young girl lives in the forest all alone. No family, no friends and worst of all no memories. She just woke up one day lying on the forest floor. ...
454K 28.5K 93
Soon, I was thrusting my chest out to him, as I moaned. Moaned out loud. Trying to give him unhindered passage to my breasts. "Please" I moaned. "Pl...
55.2K 1K 61
Sequel to "Why Her?" The Kingdoms seem to be living in peace for a while thanks to the new alliance between the Kingdoms. Although that peace won't l...
100 14 9
Vyra, a Sytherian princess forced away from her home to fulfill a purpose of eliminating Seraphs and Seraphins who steal the magic of nature for thei...