Moving Forward - J. Black

By sierrar2003

In a world of vampires and werewolves, you can't control fate; but you can fight it, right? More

meet the Cullens.
twilight
authors note
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
new moon.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix
eclipse.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii
xiv.
xv
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
breaking dawn
xx.
xxi.
xxii.
xxiii.
xxiv.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii.
xxviii.

xix.

1.2K 39 0
By sierrar2003

EDITED

"That sound is awful." Eliza winced as she and Bree returned from a hunt to hear Bella scraping her heels against the wooden deck. "She just has to break them in." Alice glared at the blonde's comment, before smiling bashfully at Bella. "I've been breaking them in for three days." Bella deadpanned as she looked at Alice with a mixture of amusement and annoyance. "Can't she just go barefoot?" Eliza proposed, not seeing the need for heels that weren't even going to be visible. "No!" Alice immediately shut the idea down when she noticed how eager Bella was at the thought. "Absolutely not." Alice glared at Eliza for even suggesting it. "I'm just thinking it's a little much, you know?" Bella tried to reason with Alice, causing Eliza to shake her head as she and Bree stepped into the home.

"The dress, the shoes, all of this." Bella pointed to the wedding décor being set up around them. "No, it's exactly enough. Tomorrow will be perfect." Alice argued before turning and stopping Eliza from entering the house. "Where do you think your going?" Alice realized that Eliza was trying to get out of wedding preparations. "To train my beautiful baby vampire on how to not eat Bella's father." Eliza mused as she winked at Bella. Bella and Bree tried not to laugh at the disapproving and annoyed look Alice gave the blonde. "Fine." Alice finally gave up on trying to control everyone and everything and the two females closed the door.

"I thought you said that my control was good?" Bree furrowed her eyebrows at Eliza's words even though she was sure that Eliza was just using her as an excuse. "It is, but Alice is being overbearing and I will take any excuse I can to get out of being one of her minions." Eliza confirmed Bree's suspicion with a wide smile on her face. "Have you heard from Jake?" Bree changed the subject, worried about her mentor's mate. "Nope, so get ready to be my date." Eliza let out a sigh as she suddenly remembered that she had been missing the shifter. "Hasn't it been like 2 weeks?" Bree thought over the last month. Eliza only responded with a faint hum as she thought about how the shifter had completely disappeared after receiving Bella and Edward's wedding invitation.

Eliza and Jacob had grown closer following the couple of months after they decided to take their bond to a romantic level. Eliza was sitting on the shifter's bed, waiting for him to get off his patrolling shift, a small white envelope in her hand. The envelope was previously in her back pocket, basically burning in a hole in it while she paced. The sound of her pacing had traveled through the house and she eventually sat down to avoid annoying Billy.

"Hey." Jacob Black entered the back door, smiling widely at his imprint. "Hi." Eliza smiled, dropping the letter on the bed to stand up. "I didn't know you were coming by today." Jacob wrapped the vampire in his arms, enjoying the scent of his imprint. "I wasn't but I figured we should talk about Bella and Edward." Eliza pulled away from the hug with a hesitant look on her face. "You want to talk about Bella and Edward?" Jacob looked at the blonde confused and she responded by turning and grabbing the envelope from his bed. "What's this?" Jacob questioned as he took the envelope and flipped it around in his hand.

"Open it." Eliza directed the shifter as she bit her lip. Jacob looked at the blonde wearily before tearing the seal and pulling out the wedding invitation. "They picked a wedding date?" Jacob scanned the lightly decorated paper and glanced up at Eliza. "Not just a wedding date." Eliza pursed her lips and Jacob soon realized what she meant. "So what? They get married, go on a honeymoon and claim Bella was killed in some freak accident?" Jacob scoffed at the idea of Bella becoming a vampire. "What about Charlie? I mean she can't really be-" Jacob stopped his angry rant when he notice the solemn look on Eliza's face. "No, he can't do that to Charlie-he cant!" Jacob's anger grew as he thought about how devastated Charlie was going to be when Bella faked her death.

"Jake." Eliza took a step forward to try and calm the shifter. "Don't." Jacob shook his head as he took his own step away. "I don't want to hurt you." Jacob continued to shake his head as he felt his control slipping. "I-I got to get out of here." Jacob quickly moved for the door, desperately trying not to shift while close to Eliza. "Jake!" Eliza yelled out as she followed the shifter out the door, but Jacob had already shifted. The invitation had fallen out of the shifter's hand and into a muddy puddle, as the shifter's brown wolf gave his imprint one small glance before taking off into the tree line.

"What happened?" Billy Black wheeled into the small room as a howl echoed through the air, glancing out the door at the blonde. "They set a date." Eliza grabbed the muddled invitation and help it up for Billy to see. "He'll be back, just give him some time to cool off." Billy sighed and he ushered for the blonde to hand over the paper. "How long will that take?" Eliza worried as she looked between Billy and the woods. "I don't know, but don't take it personally if he doesn't come back for a while." Billy too looked out at the tree line with a bit of disappointment. "It's hard to take anything he does personally." Eliza scoffed at the man's words.

The next day arrived and guests began arriving for the wedding. Bree had wandered off to find the Denali Coven, the coven she and Eliza stayed with while Bree worked through the rest of her newborn phase. "What did I say about beauty sleep?" Alice was scolding Bella for her sleep deprivation when Eliza entered the makeshift bridal suit. "Sorry, bad dream." Bella glanced at Eliza as the blonde brought Alice more makeup and hair supplies. "Wedding jitters." Eliza wiggled her eyebrows mockingly as Rosalie entered the room.

"Do you need some help? I could do her hair." Rosalie offered kindly and Eliza blinked in surprise. "Really?" Bella didn't bother hiding her own surprise. "Be happy she's not offended by your choice of groom." Eliza laughed as Rosalie didn't retract her offer. "No, just my blatant lack of respect for mortality." Bella tried to joke with the blonde vampires. "Essentially." Rosalie shrugged in agreement and Eliza grinned at Rosalie and the joke. "Weddings, they bring everyone together." Alice beamed as she saw a small smile make its way onto Rosalie's face.

"Well my services aren't needed here, I'm going to go see if I'm useful anywhere else." Eliza narrowly escaped Alice's attempt at a group hug. "Check on Edward!" Alice called out after Eliza, worried that the boys had ditched him. Eliza heard noises of struggle coming from across the hall, where the male Cullens were meant to be getting ready and sighed. "Emmett!" Eliza called out for the vampire that got suckered into being Alice's secondhand and Edward's best man. Eliza didn't hear any response and used her heightened abilities to try and locate him.

"Rose. Where's Emmett?" Eliza popped her head back into the room after she still found no sign of the burley man. "I think he went to the store." Rose tried to think of her last conversation with him, barely looking up from doing Bella's hair. "And Carlisle?" Eliza sighed as she realized that Edward was likely abandoned. "Probably greeting the guests." Alice answered the next question with a small shrug while she focused on Bella's makeup. "Perfect." Eliza huffed at the thought of breaking her vow of silence that she made after their fight. The blonde pushed away her pride as she made her way across the hall and knocked lightly on the door. "Come in." Edward called out in an irritated tone.

"Hey, I heard the guys abandoned you, everything okay?" Eliza gently popped her head into the room as she only opened it slightly. "Yeah." Edward had barely listened to the blonde as he held the tie in his hand with furrowed eyebrows. "Do you need anything?" Eliza had to admit she was enjoying watching Edward get flustered over a tie of all things. "Uh, no. I think I'm good." Edward hesitated before focusing on the tie again. Eliza went to leave but stopped when she saw him failing miserably. Eliza let out a big sigh and turned back around, marching into the room.

"Watching this is pathetic. You would think after 4 graduations and 3 weddings, you would know how to tie your own tie." walked over to Edward and put her hand out for the tie. "I never had to." Edward's pursed his lips as Eliza wrapped the material around his collar. "Right." Eliza sighed as she remembered that she has been the one to help him every time. "Well here's to the end of a tradition." Eliza gave a sarcastic smile as she looped the tie and pulled it through. Edward tensed when Eliza's soft hand grazing Edward's neck as she pulled the knot upward. "There." Eliza took a small step back, making sure that the tie looked even.

"What?" Eliza felt Edward's gaze on her, her eyes moving up to look at his. "Nothing." Edward shook his head as he turned and checked his tie in the mirror. "Thank you." Edward gave a small smile as he looked at the girl through the mirror. "You're welcome." Eliza responded before turning to back to exit the door. "Hey, El." Edward called out and the blonde halted at him using her nickname "Yeah?" Eliza didn't turn back but glanced over at him. "I'm sorry." Edward finally apologized and Eliza gave him a small nod before finally leaving.

Eliza stood with Bree as they talked to guests behind them when music began playing, signaling Bella's arrival. "It's time." Alice beamed as she beckoned everyone to stand for the bride. "She is way too excited." Eliza grinned as she watched Alice force herself not to jump in excitement. "It's cute." Bree smiled over at Alice, appreciating Alice's love for her family. Eliza watched as Bella made her way to the beginning of the aisle, Bella was so stiff and more awkward than ever. But the human's nerves seemed to settle as she got closer to Edward. While Eliza may not love the couple that was getting married, she couldn't help the small smile that formed on her face. Bree looked up at Eliza with a smile, knowing that she was slowly finding her own happiness in the missing shifter. Charlie kissed Bella's cheek as they stopped near the alter, the father handing his daughter over to Edward.

Everyone was motioned to sit as the priest began the ceremony. "Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here on this glorious day to witness the union of Edward Cullen and Bella Swan." The priest announced proudly to the crowd. "Please repeat after me." the priest then turned his gaze to the couple. "I, Edward Cullen." the priest gave Edward instructions. "I, Edward Cullen." Edward repeated as he looked into Bella's eyes. "Take you, Bella Swan." the priest continued to guide the vampire's words. "Take you, Bella Swan." Edwards repeated. "To have and to hold." the priest spoke again. "To have and to hold." Edward repeated. "For better or for worse." the ceremony continued with the couple repeating the priest's words to each other.

"For richer, for poorer."

"In sickness and in health."

"To love."

"To cherish."

"As long as we both shall live."

"I do." Edward finished his vows on his own.

"I do." Bella's words ended the ceremony and the priest gave no further instructions as the couple shared a kiss. The crowd clapped and yelled before standing to watch the couple's exit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

617K 15K 21
𝖺 𝗀𝗂𝗋𝗅 π—‚π—Œ 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗒𝖾𝖽 𝖻𝗒 π–»π—ˆπ—π— π—ˆπ–Ώ 𝗁𝖾𝗋 π–»π–Ύπ—Œπ— π–Ώπ—‹π—‚π–Ύπ—‡π–½π—Œ. 𝙀𝙧 𝗂𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 π—‰π–Ίπ—Žπ—… π—…π–Ίπ—π—ˆπ—π–Ύ π—‚π—†π—‰π—‹π—‚π—‡π—π—Œ. ...
79.4K 2.4K 13
"I Understood Why You Left But We Still Found Our Way Back To Each Other." Book 2 | New Moon
21.3K 1K 18
❝You couldn't save me but you can't let me go.❞ - Billie Eilish "NDA" © thatlovestrucklady
41.9K 513 22
According to the wolf legend, you do not have the power to choose your own fate, they are already laid out for you and you are just to go with it. Ju...