there is only us | wilbur soo...

By orangesociety

"๐™‰๐™–๐™ข๐™š ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™ค ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ค ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™จ ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™ฎ. ๐™”๐™ค๐™ช ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ." Because no matter how hard they try, i... More

๐ผ๐’ฉ๐’ฏ๐‘…๐’ช๐’Ÿ๐’ฐ๐’ž๐’ฏ๐ผ๐’ช๐’ฉ
๏ผก๏ผฃ๏ผด ๏ผฉ
Chapter 1 - The Beginning
Chapter 2 - Woods
Chapter 3 - Drowning
Chapter 4 - Scared
Chapter 5 - Letters
Chapter 6 - 10 PM
Chapter 7 - Help
Chapter 8 - Queen
Chapter 9 - Masquerade
Chapter 10 - Loyal
Chapter 11 - Dye
Chapter 12 - Phoenix
Chapter 13 - Foolish
Chapter 14 - Trust
Chapter 15 - Traitor
Chapter 16 - Hunting
Chapter 17 - Crows
Chapter 18 - Recovery
Chapter 19 - Betrayal
Chapter 20 - Mercy
๏ผก๏ผฃ๏ผด ๏ผฉ๏ผฉ
Chapter 21 - The Middle
Chapter 22 - Stay
Chapter 23 - Marionette
Chapter 24 - Regiment
Chapter 25 - Alone
Chapter 26 - Wait
Chapter 27 - Something
Chapter 28 - Lighthouse
Chapter 29 - Devastating
Chapter 30 - Need
Chapter 31 - Story
Chapter 32 - Change
Chapter 33 - Haunted
Chapter 34 - Home
Chapter 35 - Watcher
Chapter 37 - Cold
Chapter 38 - The World
Chapter 39 - Liar
Chapter 40 - History
๏ผก๏ผฃ๏ผด ๏ผฉ๏ผฉ๏ผฉ
Chapter 41 - The End
Chapter 42 - Shake
Chapter 43 - Ringing

Chapter 36 - Firebird

206 7 14
By orangesociety

Third Person Perspective

He was supposed to be dead.

Blood on his suit, staining his shirt. Tainted with the betrayal of a brother. He was supposed to be dead, but maybe he had been dead for a long time now. Maybe he was a ghost. Maybe they had been right. Maybe he was a monster. A monster in hiding, ducked behind a prison cell where no one could see him, where one could only assume he had died.

But whatever he was, green or gold or red, he was alive. And he had one hell of a stomachache. He would say his feelings hurt more than the knife did, but he couldn't remember the last time he felt anything. He was supposed to be dead. Maybe he was. Maybe his heart had given up years ago, and now the only thing left was his head. Better not to lose that, too.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

He was supposed to be dead.

He liked it that way, when everyone assumed and forgot. He was at peace in the snow. He liked being alone. It carried less weight, caused less harm, left fewer marks. He knew, better than anyone alive, what it meant to die. He knew only one person would come to his funeral, only one person to taunt his casket as it was lowered into the ground, hidden behind a mask and a few final letters to burn. He knew, for as long as he lived, that his own words would haunt him. His own promises, his own mistakes, his own favors.

He knew it was only a matter of time before the blade fell on his neck, his own handwriting etched into the steel, hands bound by bargains. Any favor, any time.

Only one person would come to his funeral, laughing "Remember? Remember?" at his corpse. Only one person would come to his funeral to drag him back from the dead, hands as cold as his porcelain smile. Only one person would haunt his ghost. Only one person would come to his funeral, but the world would be there for the wake.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

He was supposed to be dead.

There was no way to survive this, no chance, no hope. He died, and this was his soul talking, except his soul was prickling with the fading aftereffects of a fire resistance potion. The lava was still draining, and by the time it was all gone, so was everyone else. Dream was dead. (Y/n) was dying. He was supposed to be dead. He was not. He was alive and breathing, lying motionless on the obsidian floors, surrounded by ashes. And from them, he rose.

-

a/n

wish i coulda dragged out the death a lil longer but breaking the 3rd person pattern is a criminal offense

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

484K 19.2K 21
TommyInnit x Fem OC โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” - when a seemingly awful donation brings them together. โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” "You need to stop apologizing for things you...
302K 6.8K 36
โš ๏ธDISCONTINUED โš ๏ธ "๐˜ ๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜บ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ" . . . ๐˜ˆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜น ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ . . Also, this sto...
698K 25K 46
#๐™ณ๐š๐™ด๐™ฐ๐™ผ๐š†๐™ฐ๐š‚๐šƒ๐™ฐ๐™บ๐™ด๐™ฝ, ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ต ๐˜€๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฑ๐—บ๐˜€ ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—บ ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜†๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—ต๐—ผ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐˜€. ๐“†ฉแฅซแญก๐“†ชหห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท open for mor...
243K 8.8K 29
"๐€ ๐ค๐ข๐ง๐ '๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ž๐ซ ๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ง. ๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐๐š๐ฒ, ๐†๐ž๐จ๐ซ๐ ๐ž, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฌ๏ฟฝ...