I'm The Princess's Twin?! (Lu...

By read_write_work

"Who Made Me A Princess?" was a story which was for the Lovely Princess Athanasia. I loved as how she had gon... More

Author's Note.
1. What Kind Of Farce Is This?
2. Ara and Athy.
3. Claude de Alger Obelia.
4. The Boat Scene.
5. (Athanasia) I Love My Sister!
6. His Sleeping Face.
7. What A Spectacle!
8. You're Awake.
9. I Became An Aide For The Emperor.
10. Mr. White.
11. I'm Called What?!
12. Holy Beasts and A Pretty Mage.
13. My First Ride.
14. Recovering From Near Death Experience.
15. Overwhelmed.
16. The Deal.
17. Escorts.
18. Happy Birthday.
19. Debutante: Part 1.
20. Debutante: Part 2.
21. Into The Darkness.
Q & A
Q and A 0.2
22. Tea Party.
23. The Most Charming.
25. Jeanette.
26. You're Cheesy.
27. Final Goodbye.
28. Is She Gone?
29. Roles Reversed?
30. The Forgotten One.
31. Place Where She Died.
32. War.
33. Birthday Celebration.
34. This Is My Ara!
35. A Swordsmaster.
36. A Festival?
37. Outing.
38. A Demon.
39. Don't Show Me Your Face!
40. Worry.
41. Who Did She Take After?
42. Reconciliation.
43. Pinky Promise.
44. Lucas?!
45. She's Dying!
46. Athelinda and Lucas.
47. Meeting the Alpheus Boy.
48. Creepy and Cheesy.
49. Premonition.
50. I Think I'll Die Soon.
51. Bring Her Back.
52. Ara's Memories.
53. I'm Sorry.
54. The Council Meeting.
55. What Next?
56. Manipulating Kindly.
57. Welcome Home, Jeanette.
58. Towards The Last Step Of The Plan.
59. Let's Get The Show Started.
60. Punishment And Praise.
61. My Cute Second Sister.
62. Everything Is Turning Good.
63. Final Showdown.
64. End of Final Act.
65. Back To The Tedious Office Work.
66. Ara's Guide On How To Be A LadyKiller.
67. Date.
68. Why Do You Like Me?
69. I Don't Need Anything Else!
70. I'm Happy!
71. Epilogue: Content.
Q & A
Bonus Chapter.
Bonus Chapter 2.
Bonus.
Bonus.
Bonus

24. My Private Library.

1.8K 89 33
By read_write_work

AMARA POV

I had been so tired that I couldn't sleep well these days and since I was mostly at Dad's palace so, his room had become my second room. I would usually head over and sleep on his sofa while he'd look at my work and sign wherever needed.

At the present moment, I walked over to Dad's room with a stack of papers in my hands. I placed them down on his table and he looked at me as I stretched my arms and cracked my neck.

"God, I'm beat!" I hissed.

"You like a racoon." He commented and I looked at him.

"That's obvious. I've been working nonstop for days, I haven't slept for more than 4 hours in two days."

He looked at me for a moment before at the papers.

"Good work." He mumbled and I sighed deeply before I removed my shoes and walked over and lied down on the sofa taking the liberty of placing my head on Dad's lap.

"You think my lap is your pillow?"

"No, but I fall asleep easily when I'm around you." I mumbled as I yawned widely closing my eyes, instantly dozing off.

I saw a familiar blonde man standing a few feet away, his clothes and his sword was dripping with blood. I couldn't move for a second as I simply stared at his side. It was Anastacius!

I looked down at the floor where I saw Dad lying on the floor drenched in blood, barely alive.

My eyes went wide as the man turned and I saw Athy standing a few feet away from him looking terrified.

Anastacius lifted his hand up to his mouth as licked the blood with a sick grin in his face. He moved towards Athy and I saw Dad grabbing his leg.

He looked down at Dad and brought his sword down on Dad's chest, Athy gasped as she cried holding her mouth and then looked at me.

"Ara! Ara?!"

But I couldn't move I just saw the man walking over to Athy. He stood right in front of her and then turned his gaze to me with a smirk and an expression that clearly said that he wanted me to see this. He wanted me to feel the pain of losing these two whom I held so close to my heart.

Just then he swung his sword.

No!

I felt something cool touch my ear and I grabbed the hand which was close. My heart hammered in my chest as I breathed heavily.

"A-Ara! I just thought that flower looked nice. If you wear one you'll be like that boy flower..."

My eyes adjusted on Athy's face which was gone pale.

"I mean, a flower boy. No, I mean..."

"Athy...?" I breathed and she looked at me with a slightly concerned gaze.

I let go of her hand and sighed loudly, "I'm sorry."

I slowly sat up from Dad's lap and noticed that he and Athy were staring at me.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked as I rubbed my eye.

That shitty dream!

"Because you're cute." Athy spoke up with a smile and I gave her a look feeling the pounding in my head intensifying.

"Huh? Ugh, my head hurts again." I said as I touched my forehead.

"Felix, ask the maids to bring some tea." Dad said and I looked at Athy who was still staring at me.

I touched my head slightly and noticed something on my ear, I then looked at Athy who was smiling innocently. So, she'd put a flower on my ear.

"You put the rose in my hair the other day, so, I thought it'd look good on you too." She said and I sighed with a smile.

I looked at Dad and then pulled a flower from Athy's hands and placed one at Dad's ear and then another one over Athy's.

"Why would I be the only flower person?" I said and Dad gave me a look while Athy giggled.

"We're family, after all."

The maids entered and placed the tea and the vase on the table and did a double take as they saw us with flowers on our ears.

They quickly left and I sat back and sipped the tea.

"You look really tired, Ara. Are you not sleeping well?" Athy asked as she ate a cake and I looked at Dad who sipped his tea too.

"I'm f-" I was about to say I'm fine when I noticed the two pairs of eyes on me, both sharp.

"I was just taking a nap." I said and Athy smiled and Dad turned away sipping his tea.

"By the way, were you having a bad dream?" Athy asked and the scene flashed in my head.

"Kind of."

"We-Well, when you grabbed my hand suddenly like that, I thought you'd break it." Athy said and I sighed.

"I'm sorry."

She shook her head, "It's okay. I know you're more capable of breaking the arms of those who would try to harm me."

I smiled at that.

"Speaking of that," she then turned to Dad.

"Isn't it dangerous to have no one guarding the entrance of your bedroom, Daddy?"

Dad looked at her for a moment before he looked at his tea.

"No need to worry. If someone approaches me with the intention of harming me then they'll be shredded to pieces." He said.

"Wha-What does that...?"

"It's a protection spell." Dad said.

"It's made to kill someone painfully if they intend to kill me and come within a certain distance, didn't you know?" Dad asked and I noticed as how Athy flinched. She must have remembered about how she used to think of killing Dad in past.

"There's a similiar spell on you two as well so, you don't need to worry about getting stabbed in your sleep." Dad said and Athy simply smiled.

"S-Since when?"

"I can't recall, it was a long time ago."

"But, I'm still worried that something could happen to Daddy." Athy said and Dad looked at her.

"You need to stay by our side for a long time." She said.

"You're funny, who's worrying about who here?" Dad said as he looked down at his tea cup.

"If that's really your concern then you shouldn't worry, Athy. There's also a protection spell around this room." I said as I placed down my empty tea cup.

"Eh?"

"And not only this room but around this whole palace including Emerald Palace." I said looking at Athy whose eyes went round.

"Wha..."

"I'd placed it the day I had mastered the protection spells. I keep adding to the security each time I learn more." I said and she and Dad looked at me as if I'd grown an extra head.

After the tea, I went over to the Black Tower since I wanted to talk to Lucas about the research he was doing regarding the ways to get rid of Black Magic.

"We could use material from these three books but I can't find them."

"Which books?" I asked and he gave me a piece of paper with the titles on them.

"I have these books in my private library." I said and he raised his eyebrows.

"You do?"

"Yeah, just a minute, I'll get them right away." I said as I used teleportation spell to go to my private library.

Just as I appeared in the library I ended up right in front of Athy, she got startled and jumped back.

I wrapped my arm around her waist holding her before she could fall and she stared at me with wide eyes.

"Who dares to touch the Princess?!" I heard a familiar male voice and my eyes went sharp.

Athy's eyes widened and she shook her head at me gesturing me to not be angry.

"I believe..." I spoke up as I turned around to face the person who just stopped three feet behind me.

"I'm the one who should be asking that."

Ijekiel's eyes went wide as he saw me and he quickly bowed.

"Pardon my manners, Your Highness!"

"Blessings and glory upon the Star of Obelian empire."

"Whitey's son." I regarded and Athy pinched my sleeve.

"Don't call him that." She hissed and Ijekiel looked confused.

"Pardon?"

"Who allowed you to enter my private library?" I asked as I crossed my arms at my chest.

"I apologise, Your Highness. I didn't know..."

"It seems like I would have to put one spell on this library as well." Athy's eyes widened as I said that.

"N-Now, now, Ara, please don't be mad." She said as she tugged at my sleeve and I looked down at her, she gave me a bright smile, pleading with her eyes to not do anything.

I sighed and then looked at Ijekiel, "Consider yourself lucky that Athy is here or I would have taken your head."

That was a lie, I wouldn't just kill the male lead but, it felt weird having him getting close to Athy.

"Thank you, Your Highness."

He stepped close to me and bowed before me again.

"I have a feeling that you don't see me as a good person. So, I'd like to assure you that I don't intend to harm Her Highness Athanasia or anyone in any way."

I didn't say anything as he smiled at me and then presented his hand before me, I frowned slightly as I almost hesitantly placed my hand in his.

"That's enough." I felt an invisible force pulling my hand back and I felt someone's hand on my shoulder.

"I believe you've already crossed your boundaries." Lucas spoke as he stood beside me.

"The Magician of the Tower it seems? Introduce yourself?" Ijekiel spoke as his eyes fell on Lucas' arm that was over my shoulder.

"I belong to the royal family. I do not follow any orders except those which come from His Majesty or the Princesses." Lucas said with a blank and slightly annoyed expression on his face.

Wait, this moment where they fight for Athy for the first time! Oh!

"You, sir, have already transgressed the law and have shown discourtesy towards the Princesses. And although, Her Highness has mercifully chosen to pardon your crimes, it would be befitting of you to know your place and keep your distance."

"You are speaking as if your own actions are not just as much of a transgression. What right do you have to enter the Princess' study of your own volition? And if that's not enough then how audacious of you to put your arm on Her Highness' shoulder?"

"And you sir have the right to interrogate me about my rights?"

I started to feel slightly annoyed as even Athy was gripping my sleeve tighter which made me slightly lose it.

I released a cold aura which made Lucas stiff as he was close and he quickly removed his hand from my shoulder and stepped away from me. Athy kept her grip on my sleeve as if to try to calm me but with the increasing headache I was starting to see red.

"It seems like you two have forgotten that I am right here." I spoke as I regarded the two boys coldly and they gulped.

"I guess I've been a bit too merciful that's why you think you can run your mouths without any care of where you're standing. Should I just get rid of your tongues right now?"

Ijekiel and Lucas immediately went down on their knees.

"Please forgive me, Your Highness!"

"I apologise for being too forward, Princess."

The two apologized and I looked at Athy who looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Get up." I sighed and the two stood up.

"Come here," I said looking at Lucas and he walked closer to me and stood beside me again.

"These are my people, my friend and my sister. They're allowed to come here without any problem, you on the other hand. If I see you here again without my permission then you can kiss your life goodbye."

Ijekiel kept his head down as he apologized again.

"Just leave." I said before I turned and went down the shelves to look for the books I needed.

Till the time I went back to Athy and Lucas, Ijekiel had left and Lucas was teasing Athy.

The guards rushed inside hearing their commotion and I stopped a few feet away from Lucas and Athy as they stared at a book that was on the floor.

"Why did Fair Lady Dvari serve oysters only to the Wandering Knight? Do you know the reason why gentlemen?" Lucas asked and the guards looked confused.

"Huh, huh?"

"H-How could we ever...?"

"Then riddle me this," I said as I approached them and the guards quickly bowed to me.

"Why was there an intruder inside my private library when it is quite clear that this place is only allowed for the Imperial family and the Royal Wizard?" I asked and the two shivered as I glared at them.

"W-We apologize Princess!"

"Go back to the stables, I'm changing the guards." I announced and the two just kept their heads down not daring to look at me.

After that I, Athy and Lucas left the library on foot, I just walked quietly while Athy and Lucas started bickering about Ijekiel.

"Are you jealous of Ijekiel?" Athy asked.

"What?"

"He's smart and handsome and one of the most eligible bachelors of the empire. Aren't you calling him a stuck up because he's too perfect?" Athy spoke.

"Well, if I may say he might even end up becoming Ara's fiance considering that they might suit each other." Athy added making me look at her.

"What?! I'm clearly more handsome and more smarter than him." Lucas countered and I recalled back to how Ijekiel looked. White hair, golden warm eyes, nice figure, gentleman's nature, quite a good choice. Besides, Lucas was acting pretty funny so, it wouldn't harm to tease him a little.

"To be honest, he seemed like he had a potential." I mumbled.

"What the hell are you saying?" Lucas shouted.

"Hehe, see? Even Ara agrees with me." Athy giggled slyly.

"Ah, there's also one thing, Lucas he seemed a little taller than you." I said and suddenly felt a presence towering behind me.

"Are you calling me short?"

I lifted my head to see Lucas' face above mine, it seemed just like how I'd first seen him when he'd woken up.

"I think I've been playing a kid around you for so long that you've forgotten how old I really am." He said and I rolled my eyes as I faced him.

It's been so long since I'd seen his mature man face, it was just as handsome. I reached out and touched the side of his face making his eyes go wide.

"Like I thought, this form suits you the best."

"What are you talking about, Ara?!" Athy suddenly shouted making me pull my hand back. What was I doing?

"And you, get back to your normal form!"

"This is my normal form." Lucas said.

"Hurry and go back to you mini version!" She was really panicking.

"Lucas." I spoke and he shrunk in a second.

"Ah, my mana dropped."

"That's what you get for suddenly transforming." Athy said while I still quietly walked beside them.

What was I thinking touching his face like that? He was one of the male leads for Athy. He and I may be close friends but I couldn't be anything more than that!

Get a hold of yourself, Ara.

***

Hello everyone,

How are you guys?

It's raining here in our place so, I'm in a good mood. Isn't there something about the dark clouds and the sound of the pattering rain that soothes you?

Well, tell me what's your favourite season in comments?

Just for fun.

How did you find this chapter?

I'll see you guys tomorrow with another update.

Have a great day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 89 11
I'm a big fan of Who made me a Princess, although I don't read the novel. This will be my very first fanfic and I hope it will be to your liking! The...
4.1K 41 37
All she wanted was to be loved by her father. Why couldn't he just accept her for her. She lived being accused of the death of her mother. Blamed, cr...
1K 328 12
Monsters Are Created By Other Monsters. Sou & Isabelle, A set of eccentric and unhinged twins with erratic elemental powers has to set aside their di...
10.4K 545 10
The youngest grandaughter of the High Priest of Tìrvitae is met with a terrible truth. Given a revelation by the Holy "World Tree", she suddenly rem...