In The Fight To Survive (Gold...

By Local4Life

Weeks after Dumbledore was murdered by Severus Snape, the order show up in Private Drive to get Harry safe be... More

In The Fight to Survive (Golden Trio) [BOOK FOUR]
Birthday Haul
Never Surrender
Favour For A Friend
Becoming Harry Potter
Plethora Of Power
Linking Up
Bandage Bound
Beyond The Bouquet
Talking Harry Down
Molly's Tactics
Tetchy Teens
Accidental Reconcile
Risk Awareness
Where To Begin
What We Know
A Good Morning
Mikayla's ED Origin
Fading Away
Slow and Steady
Ginny's Gift
Gate Crasher
Dumbledore's Will
The Minister's Temper
Choices and Crushes
Meeting Mouthy Muriel
First Dance Song
Taken
Baiting Voldy
In Writing
Deeper Understandings
In The Dark
Fake Out
Break Free
Infiltrating The Ministry
Propaganda Pamphlets
Muggleborns On Trial
Surprise Visit
The Griffiths Family
Griphook's Revenge
Explosive Emotions
Shell Cottage
After The Clash
Morality Artistry
Cooking And Chains
Phoenix Preparations
Sundry Valley Skirmish
Freddie's Superpower
Faoladh
A White Winter
Echoes
The Carra Family Motto
Godric's Hollow
Alerts and Answers
The Serpent Under't
Prepping and Promises
Merry Mirth
Gifts For The Kids
Proposal and Presence
Ron's Timely Return
Ron VS Riddle
Reclaiming Control
The Nexus Resolve
Made For Mikayla
Here I Am
Monitoring Mikayla
Nott Penelope
The Breakdown Of The Order
The Crimes of Rodney O'Brien
Rodney's Sentence
Patronus and Pictures
Death Notices
Come Back Home
Setting The Stage
A Fatal Accident
Sunroom Session
Blanger Danger
Advice & Lies
The Horcruxes To Hunt
Buying Time
Rest In Peace
Life Or Death
Dream Designs
Loving Looks
The Deathly Hallows
Desperation Disaster
The Most Powerful Piece
Couple's Questionnaire
A Splash Of Paint
Silver Linings
Privacy Boundaries
Thankfulness and Throwing Shapes
For You Are Mine At Last
Uncomfortable Realisations
Buried Secrets
The Canister's Key
The Mind Mystery
Afterlife Orders
Death Toll Grows
Jailbreak
Taboo
False Identities
Snatched
Malfoy Manor
The Puppeted Plan
The Prisoner of Malfoy Manor
Sanguis Purificator
The Free Elf
Big Brother Bill
Return of the Roberts
The Ginayla Kinship
The Ripplestone Way
Resolve and Reconcile
Picture Perfect
Polar Perceptions
Wand Law
Operation Evacuation
First Blood

Rascal, Romulus & Rapier

10 0 0
By Local4Life

"A minute of silence by no means reflects the value of the lives that have been lost, but I hope that those that were left behind were able find a moment of peace within those 60 seconds, knowing that their loved ones live on with them, with us." Lee's voice crackles through the radio's speakers after a minute of utter silence, all that was being heard during those 60 seconds was the soft breathing of his guests caressing the sound waves. "And now we can return to our regular contributor, Rascal, for an update of how our war has bled into the Muggle world and altered Muggles' quality of life." George thanked Lee for handing him over the reins to discuss how Muggles have drawn the short straws in a war they don't even know is going on.

"Unfortunately River, I'm not the bearer of good news. It seems that the while the Muggles remain ignorant of the cause of their misery and rising death toll, Wizards continue to strive for self-preservation over anything else. The Death Eaters have made a sport out of murdering Muggles and it seems that the only people combatting this is harmful activity are the same people that are working to protect the Magical World from itself, the Order of the Phoenix." George went on to explain that members of the Order have been evacuating Muggles from whole towns/villages when they interfere with every Death Eater attack.

Lee asks Mikayla her thoughts on the matter, where she expresses her disappointment that more witches and wizards haven't stepped up to protect their Muggle friends/neighbours or even extended family members. "I completely agree with Mikayla here, River. It seems that Wizards have developed a 'Wizards First' attitude in response to rise of Dark Wizards, and in doing so have damned Muggles to suffer greatly. I'd like to urge all of our listeners to help the Order in protecting the Muggles, casting a simple protective charm over any Muggle dwellings in your area could go a long way and save hundreds of lives."

Lee thanked George for his participation in the show, reiterating his requests that Wizards that disagree with Voldemort's ways could anonymously save the lives of unsuspecting Muggles. "We're all human after all, there's no life worth more than another, and if we continue subscribing to the 'Wizards First' way of life then we're no better than the Death Eaters." George concluded his segment of the show by leading into Remus', and joining Lee on the interviewer aspect of the broadcast. Remus' segment is a established component of every broadcast Potterwatch airs, it's known as Pals of Potter, where he gives updates on Harry's activity to discredit any propaganda that all other methods of media have tried to besmirch his character.

"Thank you, Rascal. Firstly, I'd like to express my confidence to the listeners that Harry Potter is still alive and well. He was spotted in Godric's Hollow on Christmas Eve, and it was him who lead to the discovery of Bathilda Bagshot's body. It seems that Bagshot had been possessed by Nagini, the Chief Death Eater's snake, in an attempt to murder Harry when he visited the village. Why he was in Godric's Hollow that night, I do not know, but what I do know is that he escape before Nagini could fulfil her master's orders." Harry, Ron and Hermione all shared a look of confusion, how could someone have seen the in Godric's Hollow and why didn't they come to their aid once Nagini dropped her disguise.

Before they could open their mouth to theorise who might've saw them, Remus revealed a neighbour had seen 'Bathilda' lead Harry into her home before hearing a struggle, shouting and glass breaking, followed by a crack of apparition. George counters Remus' statement saying just because Harry escaped the attack doesn't mean he's still alive, saying he might've sustained life threatening injuries during the struggle and died wherever he apparated to. "You raise a good point, Rascal, but if this was true then it would be possible for someone to locate Harry because whatever protection charms he has casted would seize to exist. And there is no doubt in my mind that the Death Eaters would want to broadcast his death to the world."

Remus explained that if the Death Eaters had successfully murdered Harry, or if he died from injuries they inflicted on them, that they would proclaim their victory to the world. Harry's death would strike a deadly blow to the morale of the resistance, because Harry is not only a symbol everything they're fighting for but he is the beacon of hope that fuels the revolt against Voldemort. "I guess, the question on everyone's mind is to why Harry Potter was in Godric's Hollow in the first place? Especially considering that he hasn't been seen in public since the incident in the Ministry months ago." Lee voiced knowing that they can't completely leave Harry's antics in the dark.

Remus directed the question towards Mikayla, informing the public that Mikayla has regular contact with Harry and is a lot more enlightened with what is going on. "I'm afraid that the nature of his visit to Godric's Hollow is not something I can disclose as it may cause obstacles in his plans for the future. What I can tell you is that he was injured during the scuffle in Godric's Hollow, but has healed entirely and making great progress in his training for when he may face the Chief Death Eater again." George wished Harry luck on completing his mission before asking Remus to inform the listeners of those that are being punished for their allegiance to Harry or the Order.

"Well, as regular listeners will know, there has been whispers of the Death Eaters imprisoning people because they were outspoken about their support to Harry and the Order of the Phoenix. We've had updates of two young girls being abducted in two separate events, Penelope Clearwater, a rumoured member of the Order was taken from her home after witnessing the murder of her Muggle mother, Katherine, on the 28th of December. Death Eaters used her as a means to infiltrate an Order meeting using a Polyjuice Potion. The other girl is Luna Lovegood, she was taken on December 29th as punishment for her father's published articles where he outwardly supported Harry Potter. They are both still alive, being used as bargaining chips for the surrender of the rebellion."

Lee cleverly claims that the Order wouldn't give into negotiations made by Dark Wizards, and expressed his confidence that those being held captive would be safe and free soon enough. Mikayla withheld her comments on the matter because she knew that she wasn't the one that was going to free Voldemort's prisoners, and that they would be likely to be locked up for a few months. They are safer in the cell they're confined to than they would be freely roaming the Wizarding World, they might get roughed up a bit but they'll be alive. "Thank you, Romulus, it's always a pleasure to have you on Potterwatch."

Remus thanked Lee for giving him the platform to keep the Magical world in touch with what is going on outside their own homes. "Now, lets move on to news concerning the wizard who is proving to be just as elusive as Harry Potter, we call him the Chief Death Eater due to the taboo that has been placed on his name. We have Rapier here to share with you his views on the destructive rumours circulating about the Dark Lord himself." Fred's voice crackled through the airwaves, thanking Lee for giving him the floor to confirm or debunk all rumours that have been circulating around the Wizarding World.

"As our we all know, unless you've been living under a rock, is that You-Know-Who has been spending his days in the shadows, using others to fight his battles for him, and it has noticeably been taking it's toll on the Magical world. Magical creatures from all walks of life are on edge, feeling panicked and afraid of how such a high profile Dark Wizard can go unnoticed, using his followers as pawns in his sick twisted games." Remus cuts in stating that Voldemort's absence feeds into people's fear as he has created an all-knowing, all-powerful mysterious persona with a malicious army at his disposal.

"Exactly, and we know that scared citizens tend to accidently create further fear and chaos, in the form of speculation and fear-fuelled rumours. Let's not help the bad guys by inventing stuff, I recently overheard that some people have been spreading a rumour that You-Know-Who can kill you by just making direct eye contact with you. This is not true, that's a quality that only a basilisk possesses, and by spreading this untrue rumour you're only helping him instil fear." Fred offers the listeners a sarcastic tip on how to extinguish Voldemort for a basilisk, check if it has legs, and if it does to be wary anyways because if they're face to face with Voldy, he's probably going to try and kill them too.

"Just please don't make it easy for him by shutting your eyes when he's around, either run or fight for your life." Lee questions Fred further asking him about the rumours that Voldy might be out of the country due to him being sighted abroad in many different places. "It's possible that he might be in the country, but do not let that lull you into a false sense of security. He's playing the Ministry of Magic like a puppet show, and the fact remains that he could appear in your town in a matter of seconds no matter where he might be." Fred makes a clear that now is not the time to take risks because of the small chance that Voldemort was spotted in France a few hours ago, advising everyone to focus on keeping themselves safe while also trying to protect the Muggles around them if they can.

"Thank you very much for those wise words, Rapier, and I'm sure our next guest will have a lot to say on what we've discussed so far. Mikayla is there anything you would like to add to what Rapier has advised?" Mikayla hummed in agreement, not that she had much to add, but she told the public that to find out the reality of the extent of Voldemort's power and the truth about what is happening in the Magical World, that they should continue to tune into Potterwatch whenever it airs. This was mainly to bring a conclusion to Fred segment and Segway into her own interview/purpose of being there...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 5K 28
Iris didn't expect to get pregnant, but she had hoped that after the birth of her child the man would change his behavior. The woman, exhausted from...
1.2K 84 17
Severus Snape x fem Harry (Hally) Potter He burns for her for all the wrong reasons, she obsesses and aches for him for all the right ones. Will thi...
149K 4.9K 33
first book in the Evelyn Black series • • sequal: BACK TO LOVE [ i promise the second book is better lol ] • slow slow-burn (like years) friends...
292 18 13
𝐇𝐈𝐃𝐃𝐄𝐍 /ˈhid(ə)n/ kept out of sight; concealed. Older!Sirius Black x Oc Ember Adaliah, was a 7th year Gryffindor Hogwarts co...